DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Nicola Sturgeon
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 14:36

In police custody .
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Nicola Sturgeon
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 15:07

That`s taken a while. It`s over two months since they arrested and released Murrell and Beattie. It`ll give the media a chance to show their pics of the tents in her garden again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 15:32

The dream shall never die.....singlehandedly wrecked the independence movement.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 16:04

Quote:

Tenruh, Sun 11 Jun 15:32

The dream shall never die.....singlehandedly wrecked the independence movement.

Oh stop your greeting
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 16:09

True to form the BBC have resurrected a photo of the tent outside the Murrells` house.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 17:08

Just passed her driving theory test too, 56 out of 75 for her "hazard perception".

Tragic stuff.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 17:11

First Salmond and now Sturgeon

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 17:25

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 11 Jun 17:11

First Salmond and now Sturgeon

Tells its own story about the “movement” 😂😂
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 18:08

Released without charge pending further investigations.

What a surprise.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 18:15

It’s almost as if the establishment wanted to deflect attention away from Boris and the Tories……… But surely not.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 18:20

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 11 Jun 18:08

Released without charge pending further investigations.

What a surprise.

Mild shock
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 19:43

That`s almost two years Police Scotland have been investigating this and they still haven`t found a `smoking gun`. If there was fraud going on it must have been extremely subtle to avoid detection for so long?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 19:58

It`s the year 2048, Police Scotland have finally concluded their investigation into SNP finances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 20:01

Had to go for the hat trick, it`ll keep attention off the disintegration of the UK government!

Wonder if Jack gave the police a wee nudge?🤔🤬
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 20:22

Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert
Date: Sun 11 Jun 20:01

Had to go for the hat trick, it`ll keep attention off the disintegration of the UK government!

Wonder if Jack gave the police a wee nudge?🤔🤬

Think the polis found a 40 Ltr calor gas container in the mobile home .. but Nicola had claimed expenses for a 50 Ltr

Its all about deflection LA as you say .. divide and conquer .. Sunak does not know if he needs a sh1te or an orange .. wee weasel

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 21:45

I suspect the only deflection going on here is the accusations of deflection.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 23:03

Sunday was probably as good a day as any to get arrested. I still think this whole investigation has been overblown though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 23:17

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 11 Jun 23:03

Sunday was probably as good a day as any to get arrested. I still think this whole investigation has been overblown though.

Where`s your proof ? Or is it wishful thinking.

I`ve supported independence since 1974 and thought I`d see independence in my lifetime but sadly like many others I feel the mismanagement of the SNP since November 2014 will deny me that opportunity. That`s where my bitterness stems from, very few of us never seen the total corrupt behaviour of the party leaders until it was to late. Some still cannot accept it`s not going to happen in their lifetime.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 23:52

I`m referring to the police investigation into their financial affairs, not political matters. I`ve said before I can`t understand how the auditors gave their accounts a clean bill of health if misappropriation of funds was going on. We`ll just have to wait and see but if they come up with nothing the amount of time and public money spent on this will no doubt be questioned.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 06:16

Is there no bottom to your Elsie erse licking Eck?

Post Edited (Mon 12 Jun 06:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 06:23

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 11 Jun 23:52

I`m referring to the police investigation into their financial affairs, not political matters. I`ve said before I can`t understand how the auditors gave their accounts a clean bill of health if misappropriation of funds was going on. We`ll just have to wait and see but if they come up with nothing the amount of time and public money spent on this will no doubt be questioned.

The nuSNP seem to be good at spending money and time wasting trying to jail innocent individuals, I think the compensation payout to one individual alone was £512,000 never mind the police time interviewing 400 people to find the accused innocent.

https://www.facebook.com/100066857111580/posts/pfbid037NBjNN9ou8upNAxmvKtCnMr5n8ikzgsjy42yVsskzHmEWWoQTtBRWkA627GGM1Q7l/

Post Edited (Mon 12 Jun 06:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 08:08

Why not let the process run its course before coming to any firm conclusions?

I see you both persist with your childish nicknames which sums up the level of debate on here from some participants.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 08:29

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Jun 08:08

Why not let the process run its course before coming to any firm conclusions?

I see you both persist with your childish nicknames which sums up the level of debate on here from some participants.

Give me an example of a conclusion you refer to

Post Edited (Mon 12 Jun 08:33)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 09:01

BBC, media, Sunak, uk Govt, the establishment…wtf have any of them got to do with the SNP picking the pockets of their dim and gullible folllowers?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 09:34

On the subject of Nicola Sturgeon I suspect I`m more objective than either of the last two contributors.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 12:34

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Jun 09:34

On the subject of Nicola Sturgeon I suspect I`m more objective than either of the last two contributors.

Not particularly hard when you have brain dead "NuSNP" Boy and our resident racist, mysoginistic bigot
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 14:00

See the clique have decided we`re the whipping boy`s Mario......och we can take I realise you're broken guys.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Jun 14:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 14:21

I don`t think Parboiled likes being called `Mario` - maybe because it sounds foreign, who knows? Strange bedfellows though - one in favour of independence and another who opposes it with a passion!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 16:23

To be fair to Parboiled I can`t think of any racist or mysoginistic comments he has made. He seems to be quite an abrasive chap who indulges his base instincts of petty name calling a tad too often for my liking but that`s all.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 17:13

Most people in Scotland want what is best for the nation whether than nationalism, unionism or anything else in-between. This is an active investigation and few know the truth. Obviously there are far worse (alleged) scandals but they`re unrelated to the party responsible for running Scotland.

There`s an interesting change here IMO where the SNP were seen as being the party that represented Scotland best whether you wanted independence or not. Now cracks are beginning to show and there are questions from nationalists around the SNPs lack of focus on independence. Alba are not a viable alternative right now and the likes of Labour, Lib Dems and Tories (lol) don`t really seem to have any solutions to solving big issues around social care, deprivation and education.

The SNP have failed on education IMO but then things are worse in England in terms of things like deprivation. Does the buck stop with the SNP or are they doing the best they can given the funding they get, which is based on a UK budget? Who knows? I`m not hopeful of any UK political parties. All seem like crooks these days.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 17:42

Scotland is allocated 20% spending per head more for public services than England.

SNP’s gov have overseen the worst drug deaths in Europe, alcohol abuse much
the same, life expectancy lower, England in top five internationally for reading standards in schools, don’t know where we are as Scot gov concealed it by withdrawing from International inspections, and no, deprivation is worse in Glasgow than anywhere else in the UK

They are so incompetent they can’t even lie to their own members efficiently..

Post Edited (Mon 12 Jun 17:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 18:14

Quote:

Parboiled, Mon 12 Jun 17:42

Scotland is allocated 20% spending per head more for public services than England.

SNP’s gov have overseen the worst drug deaths in Europe, alcohol abuse much
the same, life expectancy lower, appalling standards compared to other nations in schools which they conceal by withdrawing from International inspections, and no, deprivation is worse in Glasgow than anywhere else in the UK

They are so incompetent they can’t even lie to their own members efficiently..

That`s being quite selective and also incorrect in some cases.

Levels of deprivation in England are far worse, even in the prosperous south. Glasgow has an unacceptable level of 29% but it`s not the highest in the UK. Places like Middlesbrough and Liverpool are close to 50%!

Life expectancy is marginally higher in England, BUT healthy life expectancy (the years in which you live a healthy life) is longer in Scotland. Essentially, you die quicker once falling ill in Scotland. Whether that`s a good or bad thing is subjective.

Education is an interesting one. Scotland is generally lower depending on the subject, but it`s again marginal and the argument in favour of Scottish education is it gives students a more rounded experience. Again, subjective as to a good or bad thing to be more "generalist".

Spending per head is 17% higher but that`s at a national level Scotland`s funding is broadly in line with that of London (per head) despite London having none of the geographic challenges and a far lower challenge in terms of demographics (e.g. an older population creating a significant social care burden).

Anyway, this isn`t an England Vs Scotland debate. Both have their good and bad qualities. The question is about the running of Scotland. Was it better under Labour? Not really. Would it be better under Labour or Lib Dems after the next election? Not a clue.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 18:19

`Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks
Date: Mon 12 Jun 16:23

To be fair to Parboiled I can`t think of any racist or mysoginistic comments he has made. He seems to be quite an abrasive chap who indulges his base instincts of petty name calling a tad too often for my liking but that`s all.`

You`ve not been paying attention then.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 18:34

In that case Wee Eck it should be easy to show me some examples.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 18:43

From memory I think he had some unnecessarily nasty references to Lorna Slater on the `Deposit Scheme` thread on the Off Topics Forum.

I`m not the only one who has commented on this trait of his. Do you think we`re just making it up?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 19:02

I think his comments against Slater had nothing to do with her gender though and more her competence. Had she been a man he`d have been equally vicious.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 19:07

Is that the deposit scheme that Westminster said couldn`t include glass on the basis it was excluded in England but is now being included in Wales? 🤦‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 19:09

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Jun 18:43

From memory I think he had some unnecessarily nasty references to Lorna Slater on the `Deposit Scheme` thread on the Off Topics Forum.

I`m not the only one who has commented on this trait of his. Do you think we`re just making it up?

To many snowflakes on here
It`s a political forum on a footie site. What do you expect? Apparently, a couple of hours ago I was accused of being brain dead, should I be offended ? Not in the slightest .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 19:42

TOWK, if you`re happy that countless references like `mad Canadian goose should fly back home`, `Canadian goose honking her silly heid off`, `mad Canadian bat` and `windmill arm-waving nut-case` are acceptable then you disappoint me.

These are actually pretty tame compared with some of the xenophobic and indeed homophobic posts he`s made on here. Anyone who doesn`t comply with his view of normality
seems to be fair game as far as he`s concerned.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Jun 00:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 21:43

The only misogynistic comments I’ve seen on here are on the Nadine Dorries and Priti Patel threads, and they didn’t come from Parboiled.

I don’t recall any outrage from the snowflakes then, so it seems we’ve got a double standard.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 22:02

Genuinely funny to see Parboiled refer to anybody as dim - the auld Brit git superiority complex shining through!

I have no idea what`s gone on with the SNP finances in honesty, but I do think it`s really odd that a two year police investigation appears to have yielded hee haw. The most likely conclusions would be that either there is nothing to be found or the investigators are biased and/or incompetent. That said, if there is some kind of embezzlement that has gone on then those responsible

Having taught and done my teacher training in England (Middlesbrough & Darlington to be exact), I can tell you that Scotland has it FAR better than England. Tbh, I would go as far as saying that Scots should really be grateful for how much the Scottish Government has protected them from the Tory policy in England. The two schools I was in were run by Trusts, the chief executives of which were on £184k per year each, which could fund 5-6 teachers. About 8% of the funding in each of these schools was filtered away to the trusts to pay the salaries of the executives in the trust and teachers were not guaranteed to progress up the pay scale as they are in Scotland. Many schools also refuse to hire teachers who are on the higher tiers because they`re too expensive and the trusts have that level of discretion. Always interesting to see who the execs of the Trusts are and you`ll find a number of prominent Labour and Tory donors. Now, just consider that this is also going on in the English NHS Trusts and just imagine...

The thing I could never get my head around though was the absolute apathy and acceptance of the situation in England. The lack of oomph to do anything about it was what really convinced me that Scots and English are completely different people with different mentalities. Look at Scotland now, where people are quite rightly questioning what is going on in Public Services on a rather grand scale.

The SNP have absolutely been guilty of poor management: (i) they never should have messed with the education system as it worked fairly well when they came in (ii) the national services rather than regional services. These would be the main two that come to mind. That said, I see very little creativity on the part of the SNP or the opposition for ways to fix these issues. Why are MSPs not looking at the Danish student work experience schemes? The Australian TAFE trade courses? The Estonian and Finnish education policy? Dutch and Nordic policies on start up companies? Portuguese Drug policies?

I genuinely think one of the biggest issues in Scotland is that very few have lived in other countries and seen properly how they function and therefore don`t know what is actually possible.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jun 22:36

I must apologise to any goose I offended for comparing them to Lorna Slater.

And HJ if you’re going to serialise your memoirs wouldn’t it be better to wait till you are retired?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Jun 01:28

Now, now, Parboiled. You are being naughty again. Go into that corner and face the wall...

I was fascinated by HJ`s description of the trust system he had witnessed in English schools, his highlighting of the appalling wastage, and the comparison with the management of the NHS. It reminded me of the disastrous Tory obsession with privatisation. Short-term gain for long-term pain is a "sugar hit" that provides a brief boost that`s quickly replaced by a throbbing headache.

And I thank him for mentioning the Australian TAFE trade courses, which I think are admirable and present an excellent model for Scotland or any country seeking to maximise its education dollar.

In recent years, particularly post-pandemic, "tradies", as we call them over here, have seen their salaries shoot through the roof due to growing demand. Most of them will have come through the TAFE system or perhaps a combination of TAFE with a formal apprenticeship.

TAFE stands for Technical and Further Education. The system scoops up those who fail to meet the entry requirements for university but harbour ambitions beyond working in a minimum-wage fast-food environment. It is also available to people of all ages who want to change their careers or broaden their knowledge base.

It is relatively low cost and offers an enormous range of courses. I don`t know if there is anything similar in Scotland, but TAFE is a system well worth copying.

I was reading recently that wages in high-demand trades here in Australia, like carpenters, electricians, and plumbers, averaged A$160-190,000 a year in metro areas, bypassing by some way the average salaries of university graduates.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jun 08:00

I`d suggest anyone using crude nicknames achieves two things by using them:

1. Makes it harder for people to understand their post.
2. Confirms they`re a fool.

You devalue any point you`re attempting to make when using daft names, especially when they`re not particularly clever.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jun 08:31

You’re onto something there Jake.

hurricane jimmy for example - very long winded, total blowhard…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Jun 09:10

I get the impression that HJ has led a pretty interesting life, Parboiled. And I find his comments generally very useful when we are sometimes discussing quite complex issues that I don`t know a lot about.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Tue 13 Jun 22:46

Oz - I only spent 9 months or so in Aus travelling and working but I have to say I was really impressed by the sheer number of courses you could do with the TAFE System - everything from Cyber Security to Childcare to Welding. In Scotland there are NVQs but I think the scope of the subjects is a lot more limited than with TAFE.

Parboiled - I never thought about writing a memoir, but I do thank you kindly for the suggestion and I guess I can rest assured that it would be more interesting than anything that you could produce.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jun 12:06

HJ I was going to suggest a working title “Blowing my own trumpet” for you, unfortunately I think Eddie Calvert already nicked that

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jun 13:02

Always interesting to get insights from someone at the coalface as opposed to a Daily Telegraph reader.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jun 13:25

After almost two years, three `arrests` and no charges made, it seems the cost of the police investigation to date now exceeds the amount of c£600,000 allegedly `missing` from the SNP`s accounts. Can we expect the opposition parties to raise the matter of value for money to the public at this week`s FMQs?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jun 15:18

It should be investigated regardless of cost but it does seem like this has gone on for an awfully long time without any clear indication of uncovering anything. Obviously it could be that they are following a genuine positive line if enquiry that can`t be made public.

Being honest, I`m a lot more interested in what Michelle Mone did with MY money than what Nicola Sturgeon (allegedly) did with the money of SNP members. More fool them if they want to give the SNP money!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jun 15:54

Maybe Pars` ST holders should have got the police involved in 2021-22 when Peter Grant promised us promotion and we ended up being relegated. Caveat emptor!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Wed 14 Jun 21:46

The police investigation also serves as a deterrent to would-be fraudsters. So you’d have to take into account the money saved in the future.

Also, consider the entertainment value. The Netflix series House of Cards cost $5m per episode. This is good value in comparison.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jun 22:29

You must be privy to information the rest of us are missing. As a lawyer said on radio the other day no one knows exactly what it is the police are investigating. It doesn`t really matter to the opposition parties though. They`d probably be quite happy if it never ended.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Thu 15 Jun 03:05

`As a lawyer said on radio the other day no one knows exactly what it is the police are investigating.`

An interesting point, but in the world of Kafka everyone is guilty until proved innocent. And if Sturgeon had her way, this would have involved the abolition of juries in sex offence cases so she can hardly complain. She is being hoist by her own petard as Hamlet put it, the one which was intended to demolish Alex Salmond, so I have no sympathy for her whatsoever.

Of course the sums involved are paltry- compare with Johnson`s or Hancock`s Covid franchises- and this is is not even public money. It is SNP money as I understand. Any financial irregularities are miniscule in the greater scheme of things. But if you live by the UK state rules then you will be demolished when suits, and that is what is happening to her. Hell mend her.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Oct 20:18

I see she passed her driving test at the first attempt. Now the purchase of that camper van is beginning to make sense...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 24 Oct 11:45

Managed to make the news, mass resignation of Labour councillors didn`t!🤔😲
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net