DAFC.net
Home 03 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Precious Union
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 23 Apr 14:45

Sunak and Starmer are making a big thing about celebrating St George`s Day. I don`t remember them acknowledging the Days of the Patron Saints of the other UK nations.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Precious Union
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 23 Apr 15:04

Rwanda day will be next!🤔🙈
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 23 Apr 15:10

As usual. Seems like they’re get confused with England and Britain, especially in starmers piece!

I suppose not surprising really given Britain is essentially England with a perfunctory nod towards the other countries in the ‘voluntary’ union
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 23 Apr 15:38

Shut it you advacado munching lefty vegan!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 23 Apr 16:51

Two English politicians making celebrating St George`s Day?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 23 Apr 17:43

I see the Orange Order marched past Westminster as a homage to St George`s day!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Tue 23 Apr 18:13

They’re hardly making a ‘big thing’ of St George’s day - I’ve not heard a thing about it.

Sunak has previously celebrated Burns’ Night and St David’s day to be fair.

Nobody in Scotland celebrates St Andrew’s day anyway.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Apr 21:21

Starmer posted a video about English values and Sunak was handing out cakes with the St George Cross on them to the press! Why are the unionists so touchy about it? Everybody knows Britain and England are synonymous as far as the UK parties are concerned.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 23 Apr 21:44

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 23 Apr 21:21

Starmer posted a video about English values and Sunak was handing out cakes with the St George Cross on them to the press! Why are the unionists so touchy about it? Everybody knows Britain and England are synonymous as far as the UK parties are concerned.

Sunak also posted his celebration tweet of him drinking tea from a St Georges Day mug 5 minutes after news broke of migrants, including children, drowning in the channel……
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Tue 23 Apr 22:01

Handing out cakes? Drinking tea?

Huge, if true.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 23 Apr 22:43

Quote:

Dave_1885, Tue 23 Apr 21:44

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 23 Apr 21:21

Sunak also posted his celebration tweet of him drinking tea from a St Georges Day mug 5 minutes after news broke of migrants, including children, drowning in the channel……

I bet he is annoyed about that missed opportunity, if he had a bit of forethought he could have commandeered a royal navy frigate and went out to meet this boat full of criminals. It would have been the perfect photo op for him to be pictured, with his trademark snidey smile, decked out in a St George`s Cross waistcoat, holding a Rwanda flag in one hand while raising a pint of bitter to toast the drowning children over his shoulder.

That photo would be a guaranteed vote winner for him from his target market
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 24 Apr 07:13

eck, you are a walking homage to the Great British fish supper - chips on both shoulders, sour as vinegar, and you spout a load of codswallop...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Apr 07:52

And you? Maybe you should carry out a bit of self-analysis before you do it on others.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Apr 08:12

I feel for the people of England. It can`t be nice when a bunch of people come along and start forcing changes on the way you lead your life, slowly chipping away at English culture to the point no-one even knows what it means anymore. Being made to feel ashamed of the very things that make them English. Oh, hang on, no...that`s Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Silly me.

Joking aside, it`s good to see English people celebrate their national day. Perhaps one day England will be able to stand on its own two feet. Sorry, I`ll get back to by advocado.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 24 Apr 08:52

It has been quite fascinating watching it all unfold through the eyes of Laurence Fox and Tommy Robinson on X 😂 cant wait for the next election, where Labour storms to victory, the Tories are decimated, Reform and Reclaim earn nil pwa (0) seats and half the MPs are of Muslim/foreign descendants - England will collapse into full blown anarchy/Civil War, whilst World War 3 is under way, and we can just sit back and enjoy it knowing they still need us to survive 😃
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 24 Apr 11:15

Jings, no self respecting tattie would be seen with that mince…!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Apr 13:07

Just my view but I`d suggest the culture England is trying to protect isn`t really culture at all. In the past it would be labeled as "British" and more comparable to tired stereotypes of fish and chips, pints of lager and a Sunday roast.

Whilst my own view is that religion should have no involvement whatsoever in the laws and standards of this country, I have to say I find it funny hearing oafs like 30p Lee going on about Christian tradition when I can guarantee he`s not been a regular church goer since he was a child if at all.

To me England is having a bit of an identity crisis. Many if the young are struggling to be proud of the country whilst older people cling onto a well faded history of the Empire. Neither is necessarily bad or wrong but you have to look forwards whilst taking the occasional glance back to remind yourself of what`s happened before. You could argue to same with Scotland too. Don`t forget the past but focus on moving forward.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net