DAFC.net
Home 21 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Racism in Scottish politics
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 15:36

With HY gone, Nick Griffin and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon are now concerned that Labour may get in in Scotland resulting in another non-white FM. They`re not hiding their hatred in the slightest. It`s right out there in the open. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. I don`t want Anas Sarwar to be FM but that`s because I don`t believe in him or his party, not because he`s not a white Christian.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Racism in Scottish politics
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 16:24

100% agree with all of the above

Post Edited (Tue 30 Apr 16:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 17:55

“Tommy Robinson” is just one of numerous openly racist people on X these days. He claims that because he has some Asian pals that believe in what he says it means he isnt racist…….he is an absolute cretin of the highest order that, if called to arms for his country, would run a mile before going to war for it…..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 22:04

I didn`t see what channel it was, but they interviewed a load of people. The first chap may as well have said it was great not to have a Muslim FM. He wasn`t far off saying it tbh. I think it was something like "we`ve got our country back" 🤦‍♂️

Though we also have some interesting comedy from Richard Madely who made a big thing of not knowing who Kate Forbes was despite her being finance minister for many years. Perhaps it`s not so much racism but just general ignorance. I used to laugh at US media and how awful it was but we`ve hit an all time low. It`s not even just obvious guff like GB News.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 22:31

Fed up with English commentators talking about Scottish politics, which they haven`t a clue about!

Nice to hear Andrew Neil and Nick Ferrari got a good reaming on LBC today, Neil from his apartment in the South of France!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 22:45

Yeah, you listen to a lot of the analysis and think it`s pretty basic stuff and then you realise they`re having to explain things to the English audience who normally haven`t got a clue, or any interest in, what`s happening here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 May 20:46

If you ever feel a bit thick, just look at some of the comments coming from down south. The racists are saying they hope Anas Sarwar isn`t next FM. 1. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for him to be the next FM as his party isn`t in power 2. This is massively racist.

The irony of all of this is the infamous "white" speech made by HY was pointing out exactly these sorts of attitudes. Scotland is supposed to be a welcoming country yet people don`t want a person of colour leading their country 🤷🏼‍♀️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Wed 1 May 23:55

It wasn’t a welcoming country during COVID when we banned people from cities in England with large Asian communities from visiting. I’m not saying NS intended to be racist, but that’s the way it looked.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 2 May 00:15

Can you clarify what you felt was racist about that example and how it`s comparable to stating you don`t want someone to be in a position of power because they`re not white?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 2 May 00:56

Quote:

jake89, Wed 1 May 20:46

If you ever feel a bit thick, just look at some of the comments coming from down south. The racists are saying they hope Anas Sarwar isn`t next FM. 1. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for him to be the next FM as his party isn`t in power 2. This is massively racist.

The irony of all of this is the infamous "white" speech made by HY was pointing out exactly these sorts of attitudes. Scotland is supposed to be a welcoming country yet people don`t want a person of colour leading their country 🤷🏼‍♀️

Even more ironic is that Sarwar made the same "white" speech in 2020.
https://youtu.be/bDxSxHTmuXM?si=l_xWRv-2UTeQCIWD
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net