DAFC.net
Home 15 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Squad Update
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 21 May 18:26

From COWs on X :

https://dafc.co.uk/squad-update-2/

After the conclusion of the 2023/2024 season Dunfermline Athletic can provide the following squad update.

Loanees Owen Moffat, Brad Holmes, Xavier Benjamin, Malachi Fagan-Walcott, Miles Welch-Hayes, Ben Summers and Chris Kane have returned to their parent clubs. Everyone at KDM Group East End Park thanks them all for their efforts during their time at Dunfermline Athletic.

Six further players will also be leaving the club at the end of their contracts.

Paul Allan, a graduate of Fife Elite, made his Pars debut in a Challenge Cup tie against Inverness CT in August 2018. He went on to make a total of 67 appearances for the club, scoring two goals, alongside a series of loans at Stenhousemuir, Hill of Beath, Brechin City and Albion Rovers.

Another product of Fife Elite, full back Miller Fenton made 7 first team appearances during his time at the club. Miller also had loan spells at East Fife and Berwick Rangers.

Goalkeeper Max Little joined from English side Queens Park in July 2022, making 3 first team appearances as well as picking up the cinch Reserve League Cup this season.

Alex Jakubiak joined last summer after departing Dundee FC. The forward went on to make 28 appearances this season, scoring 2 goals for the club.

Michael Beagley joined following a spell with Broxburn Athletic. The former Heart of Midlothian Academy footballer made 1 appearance for the club.

Lastly, Jake Rennie joined the club from Fife Elite. He also made 1 appearance for the club during his time at the club.

Paul, Miller, Max, Alex, Michael and Jake all leave with the best wishes from everyone at KDM Group East End Park. Thank you for your efforts while representing the club and good luck in the the rest of your careers.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Squad Update
Topic Originator: Jaffa0711  
Date:   Tue 21 May 18:33

Would have kept jakubiak possibly out of them

No surprise tho they all been told to leave

Max little always a back up

Paul Allan can only hit a dead ball now and then

Few more I’d let go but obviously contracted

Need to be early in the transfer market as loads of players available

I personally would get Danny Devine back
Massive presence for Inverness this season

Colin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 21 May 18:37

Rebuild needed this summer so not too fussed at who’s leaving. Really hope we can move a few on under contract even if it’s only out on loan

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Tue 21 May 18:51

Quote:

Jaffa0711, Tue 21 May 18:33

Would have kept jakubiak possibly out of them

No surprise tho they all been told to leave

Max little always a back up

Paul Allan can only hit a dead ball now and then

Few more I’d let go but obviously contracted

Need to be early in the transfer market as loads of players available

Jakubiak 2 goals in 30,if that`s the striker you want were doomed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Tue 21 May 18:55

Danny Devine?

A huge presence?

You mean a big reason why they got relegated aye? Come on min 😂

Best wishes to the players who have left.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Tue 21 May 18:56

That’s pretty spot on who should be going imo…If Chalmers and MOH could be sold for a minimum fee then the rebuild starts!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 21 May 19:05

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 21 May 18:56

That’s pretty spot on who should be going imo…If Chalmers and MOH could be sold for a minimum fee then the rebuild starts!

If we can just get MOHs wages off the books that`s a big plus. Can see him being one of our top earners.

Having wide players and not playing a formation that suits them is pointless
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 21 May 19:08

Thanks to everyone who have been released. Hopefully you will get another club soon.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 21 May 19:18

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 21 May 18:56

Totally agree although nobody will want to take them.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunPar  
Date:   Tue 21 May 19:48

So, the daily ranger appears to have got it wrong - no deal for Kane ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 21 May 19:49

Kane was on loan, he needs to return before we can sign him

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jaffa0711  
Date:   Tue 21 May 19:57

Someone who wears heart on sleeve and gives. Everything for the jersey

Won every header every game vs us

Few players out there released from clubs would do job for us

Hope we can get correct players in ASAP

Colin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunPar  
Date:   Tue 21 May 20:13

I was hoping we might have signed Moffat as well……?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 21 May 20:14

Quote:

DunPar, Tue 21 May 20:13

I was hoping we might have signed Moffat as well……?

There might be a contract on the table to him…….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Tue 21 May 20:16

Dave_1885 wrote:

>
Quote:

DunPar, Tue 21 May 20:13
>
> I was hoping we might have signed Moffat as well……?

>
> There might be a contract on the table to him…….

he has another year to go at blackpool

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PansPar  
Date:   Tue 21 May 20:20

I`m a bit disappointed as I wanted to see Allan here next season. He served us well second half of this season with his delivery in to the box, which brought us a fair few important goals.

All the best to him and those other players released.

I`d take Moffat back too DunPar.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Tue 21 May 20:49

It’s Fenton I feel for the most. Playing understudy to one of the best full backs in the leagues, who was almost an ever presence in the team. Fenton never really had a chance to impress.
Best of luck to him as I always thought he looked a good player on the few occasions I saw him play.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 21 May 21:33

I assume the challenge is the budget. 13 players moving on from last season albeit 50% on loan makes a bit of a dent on the wage bill or expenses such as accommodation. The injuries experienced this season will no doubt have cost the club in terms of treatment and brining in replacement cover.

I think it was fairly clear that we need to bring in a bit of experience and quality in some areas to have a fighting chance of the playoffs next season.

I am sure in the finances had allowed we would have held on to some of the players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Tue 21 May 22:00

Maybe management are looking for better quality players who will cost more so to keep within the approved budget we need to cut loose more players
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 21 May 22:53

It`s quite possible that Allan or Jakubiak might sign for Championship clubs and come back to haunt us.

Just as Todorov or O`Hara or McGill or Turner or Murray or Thomas might, or so might any of the other ex-Pars now plying their trade with other Championship clubs.

There is a pool of players in Scotland who are all about Championship level ability, and the manager`s job is to select the ones who can best be moulded into a successful team. If he fails to do so, or fails to overcome all the unknown unknowns he`ll face during the season, he`s likely to lose his job.

I can understand the logic, but I`m sorry to see Paul go as he`s come through the ranks and is certainly not a failure. Hopefully he`ll go on to have a decent career.

It does look as if money is tight, and if so we`ll probably be in the loan market again this season.

Post Edited (Tue 21 May 22:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 22 May 00:46

Best wishes and good luck to all those released and thank you

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 22 May 07:38

Can`t see Moff coming in on a transfer, Celtic have a 20% clause on any future transfer on him, Blackpool will be wanting to make something off him too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 May 08:11

Blackpool will at least want to see him in the pre-season games before making any sort of decision

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 22 May 08:21

Was Moffat consistent enough to justify a contract - especially one requiring a fee to be paid?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 22 May 08:28

We signed etoo and KRH based on decent spells in league 1 so need to evaluate whether Moffat was at the same level but in a much harder league. For me he didn’t do enough and was a bit lightweight. Who knows tho, in a few months we might find the crop of raw young loans for this season might show he was decent?!

Feels like we let go of everyone not under contract? Correct decision on jakubiak, he’ll be able to dine out on that performance against United for the next year but bar 10 minutes he contributed very little for an experienced player at this level.

On Allan, was he actually good enough or is he trading off the fact he’s come through with us and is marginally better than chalmers? At his age it’s time to move him on if we want to improve. Quite a few folk on here give many a year to players who came through from the youth regardless of how they have not really developed or performed on the park. We don’t owe these guys a living even if they are pars fans etc.

I would imagine there are a few under contract players who have been told they are free to find new clubs, we just haven’t publicised it.

Post Edited (Wed 22 May 09:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 22 May 10:41

Signings will be free agents and loans as we will not be paying a transfer fee for any players but we can offer competitive wages
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 May 11:06

dafc-chris1 wrote:

> Signings will be free agents and loans as we will not be paying
> a transfer fee for any players but we can offer competitive
> wages

Yep, not many clubs pay a fee for players these days

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Wed 22 May 16:17

I know I shouldn’t get too emotionally involved but I hate this time of year, when players I like are let go, sometimes meaning the end of their careers and dreams.

I thought our model was to develop a substantial proportion, possibly even the bulk, of our squad internally, via the academy, supplementing or complementing as necessary with experienced signings and judicious use of the loan market.

I think we have to think and plan long term; it cannot be good to tear things up and start substantially from scratch every season. I think we have been guilty in the past (and other clubs are worse examples) or being impatient.

I’m particularly sad to see Paul Allan go – I thought he was a very mature player when I saw him play in a youth cup tie – so mature I thought he was an over-age player (and that we’d messed up again). Perhaps he didn’t develop as fast as he should have, but I thought laterally he was starting to show the level of performance required and his set-pieces were an asset. The management comments are quite revealing – I think he could be a very good player in a good team.

Miller Fenton is another one that looked very promising but never seemed to kick on, but his chances seemed frustrated by having to play second fiddle to Josh Edwards. When he did get a chance he did fine, IMO.

I think it was clear that Beagley and Rennie were going to be released. They were deemed good enough to get a game in the “easy” league cup game a couple of years ago, but never featured thereafter. At least they went out with a cup-winners’ medal.

Jakubiak didn’t do enough for me; Little suffered from the eternal conundrum of being too inexperienced to be trusted, and thereby never getting the experience. Which goes back to my earlier point – 19 times out of 20 we go with experience rather than potential. Getting the Tods and Sutherlands and Youngs enough game time is a challenge.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Wed 22 May 16:49

Danny Devine? lolololololol

Go have a lie down.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 22 May 16:58

Quote:

Jaffa0711, Tue 21 May 18:33

Wow! If memory serves, we got him as a straight replacement for Callum Morris when he headed south to Dingwall.

Lee Ashcroft suddenly morphed into a panicky player having been solid and steady alongside Morris. Go figure why. 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 22 May 17:46

Danny relegation Devine.
What a shout. As bad shouts go, this is down there.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 22 May 17:57

Danny Devine was a poor replacement for Morris but I wouldn`t write him off completely.

He played 30+ games for Inverness this year, a team who despite their eventual relegation conceded the second fewest league goals, and were beaten by more than 1 goal only once all season in the league. He must have been doing something right... unless he had a Franco Baresi and Lothar Matthaus around him!

Their defence was miserly but like us they didn`t offer enough going forward, maybe that`s why the defence did well though. 😆
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 22 May 19:10

Kane returning takes it up to 18 which is including Young, Tod and T.Sutherland although i can see at least one of those going out on loan.

a keeper, a centre half (ideally left sided) and a central midfielder are obvious needs but will it be backups or starters? after that its probably 2 spots with 1 covering left back/wingback? the other, a no10 type or wide player?

Post Edited (Wed 22 May 22:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  
Date:   Thu 23 May 00:46

“I personally would get Danny Devine back”

Jesus black card this person immediately, what a horrific shout.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Thu 23 May 02:36

I’m sad to see Paul Allan go too. Best of luck to him and the others.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 29 May 09:12

There`s a nice interview with Paul in the Courier. He was obviously surprised and disappointed not to be offered a deal but seems to have no hard feelings about his time at the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Wed 29 May 19:20

Danny Devine? I`d Rather have Danny Devito!

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net