DAFC.net
Home 09 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Game On
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 09:31

Dunfermline Athletic FC
Just now ·
Despite the recent bad weather, the pitch at KDM Group East End Park is in good condition.
There are no plans for a pitch inspection, but we will continue to monitor the upcoming forecasts ahead of kick off.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Game On
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 09:44

Oh, that is fantastic. We all get to watch the Pars again. Kick-off is at 1 am for me, so I shall be heading off to bed in a wee while, making sure I set the alarm.

It seems like ages since we last saw the lads kick a ball... hopefully, we have a few more healthy bodies on the subs` bench. A win today would do us no harm at all.

COYP!

:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 10:01

Great stuff COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 10:15

Well I tried, got to York station at 8.30 to find my train cancelled ( i had checked before I left the house and it was showing as running but delayed so it must have given up somewhere between London and York)with nothing scheduled to attempt to get to Edinburgh for hours, so Buffy ,I am relying on your updates to-day. COYP,

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 10:25

Quote:

wetherby, Sat 21 Oct 10:15

Well I tried, got to York station at 8.30 to find my train cancelled ( i had checked before I left the house and it was showing as running but delayed so it must have given up somewhere between London and York)with nothing scheduled to attempt to get to Edinburgh for hours, so Buffy ,I am relying on your updates to-day. COYP,

This is why this 3pm blackout is all wrong. Plenty Pars fans all over the U.K. unable to make the game, for whatever reasons, can’t watch the game on pars tv and help the club at the same time

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sat 21 Oct 10:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 10:37

Not convinced the roads are safe enough when you have to travel a distance given the trees that are down as well constant rain.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 10:37

I’m giving the Updates a miss today Wetherby sorry. I’ve got swollen glands in my throat and no voice, but was hoping it would have eased by this morning but I’m still feeling rotten.
Cheer them on for me.
COYP

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 10:44

just hope none of the players in both teams get injured hopefully good win for pars

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 10:44

"This is why this 3pm blackout is all wrong. Plenty Pars fans all over the U.K. unable to make the game, for whatever reasons, can’t watch the game on pars tv and help the club at the same time"

Or folk might look at the weather and rather than braving the elements to go to the game night decide that they`ll save the £15 quid PPV and stick to their Sky Sports subs and stay in the house watching Man City v Brighton. Works both ways.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 10:45

Im giving the Updates a miss today Wetherby sorry. I’ve got swollen glands in my throat and no voice, but was hoping it would have eased by this morning but I’m still feeling rotten.

Sorry to hear that , get well soon Buffy, will need to be the Club updates then!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thepars68  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 10:48

wetherby wrote:

> Im giving the Updates a miss today Wetherby sorry. I’ve got
> swollen glands in my throat and no voice, but was hoping it
> would have eased by this morning but I’m still feeling
> rotten.
>
> Sorry to hear that , get well soon Buffy, will need to be the
> Club updates then!
>
> thepars68

So you were coming up to see your big team, Ayr, you will have to settle for Sky updates

thepars68
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 11:19

Quote:

kelty_par, Sat 21 Oct 10:44

"This is why this 3pm blackout is all wrong. Plenty Pars fans all over the U.K. unable to make the game, for whatever reasons, can’t watch the game on pars tv and help the club at the same time"

Or folk might look at the weather and rather than braving the elements to go to the game night decide that they`ll save the £15 quid PPV and stick to their Sky Sports subs and stay in the house watching Man City v Brighton. Works both ways.

I should caveat by saying the rule should be scrapped for lower league clubs. That removes that argument ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 11:24

Sorry but folk don`t need anymore reasons to not attend on a Saturday. Let`s not give them another one.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 11:47

Thepars68

So you were coming up to see your big team, Ayr, you will have to settle for Sky updates

LOL- hopefully up on 10 Nov for Dundee Utd game - see you then.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 12:04

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like
Date: Sat 21 Oct 11:24

“Sorry but folk don`t need anymore reasons to not attend on a Saturday. Let`s not give them another one.”

That’s a very short sighted answer tbh. What about people that are disabled, can’t get to the game, don’t want to travel 150 miles round trip in terrible weather then adding darkness on the way home, Can’t afford to pay for all the family to go but could afford the stream?

Watching at home is nowhere near as good as going so you’ll probably find those that go will always go and where you might find a few that would rather stay at home you’ll probably find a lot more that would watch the stream that wouldn’t have went therefore adding more money to the clubs coffers!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 12:30

I`m not being short sighted. My dad is disabled. I just want to see as many people as possible inside the ground backing the team. If we allow streaming it`ll be back to the team playing in front of a few hundred brave souls midwinter like the Covid days.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 12:40

the one season after covid when streaming was still allowed, pretty sure the league announced record numbers for attendances. ive always said give the clubs the option instead of a blanket ban on everyone, if a club wants to show every/any game let them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 12:52

Quote:

GJS93, Sat 21 Oct 12:40

the one season after covid when streaming was still allowed, pretty sure the league announced record numbers for attendances. ive always said give the clubs the option instead of a blanket ban on everyone, if a club wants to show every/any game let them.

That might be because everyone was desperate to experience things denied to them the previous months/years. Just my opinion

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 12:56

People who want to stream the games already do. It`s not like there is a massive barrier to doing it currently.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 13:27

Quote:

arpar, Sat 21 Oct 12:56

People who want to stream the games already do. It`s not like there is a massive barrier to doing it currently.

Absolutely this, lifting the blanket ban on 3pm matches would not significantly affect our attendances whatsoever....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 14:14

Line up:

Mehmet
Comrie
Edwards
Breen
Otoo
Hamilton
Chalmers
O`Halloran
Summers
McCann
Wighton
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 14:15

Subs:

Sharp
Little
Fenton
Fisher
Allan
Moffat
Jakubiak
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 14:18

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 21 Oct 12:30

I`m not being short sighted. My dad is disabled. I just want to see as many people as possible inside the ground backing the team. If we allow streaming it`ll be back to the team playing in front of a few hundred brave souls midwinter like the Covid days.

If I lived locally and had the choice between going to EEP or watching it online, I`d choose EEP 95% of the time. The other 5% would be for when I`m not well or there is extreme weather (the latter of which may result in postponement of the match anyways).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sat 21 Oct 14:30

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Sat 21 Oct 13:27

Quote:

arpar, Sat 21 Oct 12:56

Absolutely this, lifting the blanket ban on 3pm matches would not significantly affect our attendances whatsoever....

Maybe the compromise might be to allow streaming for private individuals but not allow the sale of TV rights.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net