DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Championship Tonight
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 20:36

Watching Thistle v Ayr , surprised how poorly Thistle have played. Lawless looks the most likely but Muirhead completely pedestrian. Thistle have given the ball away so often. Ayr look decent defensively and Chalmers look lively. 1-1 at HT
I see Rovers are 2 up at Greenock

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Championship Tonight
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 21:20

Morton comeback?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jojo  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 21:45

Results tonight that suit us . Great motivation to aim to be 4th by this time on Friday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 21:48

Win our games in hand and 3rd. Still plenty skin in the gamw
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 21:48

Win our games in hand and 3rd. Still plenty skin in the game ;)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 21:51

Really surprised how poor Thistle were not a single player had any pace and passes constantly went to the opposition . A draw was a fair result.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 22:01

If we had a striker like Graham for Thistle, we would be a good team. We are missing a guy like him that knows how to consistently hit the back of the net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 22:26

Quote:

red-star-par, Tue 31 Oct 22:01

If we had a striker like Graham for Thistle, we would be a good team. We are missing a guy like him that knows how to consistently hit the back of the net

Spot on. And he has being doing it for years with every club he has been at.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 22:34

And for those with a glass half empty... alternatively known as a reality check... if Morton beats us by a few goals, it is conceivable that we could be sitting at the bottom of the league on Friday night.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 22:36

I was at the Thistle game tonight too. Bloomin` freezin`!!!
Brian Graham is good. I would call him a penalty box
striker or a poacher but at 35, he`s on the brink of
retirement. A draw was a fair result. The crowd was just
under 2,500. How Thistle beat us 3-0, I don`t know. And it
looks like Ayr Utd play better away from home. Our only
problem is finding the net. Start scoring again and we`ll be
fine.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 06:30

Watched the Morton v Raith Rovers game last night, two very average teams, 3 points on Friday night for the Pars.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 06:33

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 31 Oct 22:34

And for those with a glass half empty... alternatively known as a reality check... if Morton beats us by a few goals, it is conceivable that we could be sitting at the bottom of the league on Friday night.

We actually only need to draw our 2 games in hand and we would be 4th.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 07:57

Arbroath have 1 point more and two games in hand.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 08:35

"Arbroath have 1 point more and two games in hand. "

Yeh, but one of our games in hand is against Arbroath.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 09:07

Staying optimisitc, Morton will be more tired than us on friday after this game, arbroath struggle midweek away from home being part time, better performance at starks on sat

Were going on 4th on friday night and starting a decent run of form..possibility of Dundee United game may be not a win though

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 09:38

Games in hand have a habit of not delivering, especially where games have to be re-arranged to avoid potential fixture congestion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 09:49

Our game in hand against ICT, originally scheduled for last night, has been re-scheduled for 18 November which was going to be a free Saturday so it`s worked in our favour.

I don`t think you can extrapolate much from current league positions until everyone has played each other home and away.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 09:49

Quote:

Fethiyespar, Wed 01 Nov 06:30

Watched the Morton v Raith Rovers game last night, two very average teams, 3 points on Friday night for the Pars.

Two average teams? What does that make us then?

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 10:16

Quote:

The Boss, Wed 1 Nov 09:49

Quote:

Morton and Raith haven`t had to contend with the amount of injured players we have had, play like we did last Saturday we will get the 3 points.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 10:18

My understanding is that there is a quiet confidence and determination that the team will bounce back from Saturday`s disappointment.

Confidence and determination alone are no guarantee of a win, of course, but they can certainly help. Start on the front foot, get that all-important first goal, and take it from there.

I`m not going to Greenock, but I`ll be kicking every ball in front of the box. COYP!!!

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 11:35

Quote:

Fethiyespar, Wed 1 Nov 10:16

Quote:

The Boss, Wed 1 Nov 09:49

Quote:

Morton and Raith haven`t had to contend with the amount of injured players we have had, play like we did last Saturday we will get the 3 points.

Morton have a very limited squad size and although Raith signed about 359 players in the summer they had 7 unavailable thro injury....apparently

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 12:31

"Morton and Raith haven`t had to contend with the amount of injured players we have had, play like we did last Saturday we will get the 3 points."

You mean we will still win despite not scoring a goal?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 12:49

Quote:

neilholland999, Wed 1 Nov 12:31

"Morton and Raith haven`t had to contend with the amount of injured players we have had, play like we did last Saturday we will get the 3 points."

You mean we will still win despite not scoring a goal?

Terrible patter mate, you know if we play like that weekly, theres no way we miss 5 chances for 30 games, dont be a smartarse

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 15:42

It’s not terrible patter, we’re just as likely to play like we did against Ayr than as we did against rovers unfortunately, we have quite a few youngsters who are going to be very up or down.

Feels like quite a big game on Friday, we need some momentum and fast even if it’s just to keep a wee gap from the bottom 2 to avoid the players being under pressure.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 15:47

What`s your definition of `youngsters`?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 18:30

Sucking the life out of every room since time began

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Wed 01 Nov 18:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 20:54

"Terrible patter mate, you know if we play like that weekly, theres no way we miss 5 chances for 30 games, dont be a smartarse"

I must be missing all these fantastic chances we`re carving out week after week. Two chances v Ayr, one which was very presentable (Jakubiak) and one which was a snapshot (Edwards) and three or four reasonable chances v Raith where we`ve hit it straight at the keeper. Even when we were dominating teams last season in a league we won at a canter it was based on a solid defence and scoring one or two, often the only chances we created.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 22:00

Only Airdrie have had fewer shots on target this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 22:22

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 1 Nov 15:47

What`s your definition of `youngsters`?

To be fair to Berkey on that one, we do have a relatively young squad. Our starting line up on Saturday had 7 players aged 23 or younger in it. Thats not then including our injuries (KRH, Todd, Tod, Summers) who are all under 23. The good thing on Saturday was that the bench was stronger and more experienced.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 12:37

Quote:

kelty_par, Wed 1 Nov 20:54

"Terrible patter mate, you know if we play like that weekly, theres no way we miss 5 chances for 30 games, dont be a smartarse"

I must be missing all these fantastic chances we`re carving out week after week. Two chances v Ayr, one which was very presentable (Jakubiak) and one which was a snapshot (Edwards) and three or four reasonable chances v Raith where we`ve hit it straight at the keeper. Even when we were dominating teams last season in a league we won at a canter it was based on a solid defence and scoring one or two, often the only chances we created.

One minute, its we need to convert all these good chances we are creating, next minute its we dont create enough, make up your mind 🤡

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 12:47

Are those two statements mutually exclusive?

You may not create enough chances in a game, but the good chances you do create (albeit too few) can also be missed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 12:49

Quote:

DBP, Thu 2 Nov 12:47

You may not create enough chances in a game, but the good chances you do create (albeit too few) can also be missed

Those statements represent how many pars fans on here cant decide on which one they like to go for, they should do the right thing and not voice their opinions, as they clearly know little about football

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 13:33

Quote:

DBP, Thu 2 Nov 12:47

Agree.If you look at the stats available we are 7th for total amount of shots, we have 35.42% of those on target which is 9th and we have converted 9.38% of our efforts into goals which is 7th.
The conclusion you would reach with those is that we aren`t creating enough and aren`t doing particularly well when we do create either.Much like last season, most of our success is built on defence.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 21:02

"One minute, its we need to convert all these good chances we are creating, next minute its we dont create enough, make up your mind 🤡"

Where did I say we were creating lots of good chances? I`ve literally just said the opposite in the post you`ve quoted.

Anyway, as parathletic points out, the stats suggest that we don`t create much, and what we do doesn`t result in many goals. Even the goals we have scored this season is a case in point - the xG for Allan`s goal v Airdrie or McCann`s free kick at Hampden would have been tiny; it`s not like we`re carving out sitters each game, and certainly not the "five good chances" I was originally replying about.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 08:20

Quote:

kelty_par, Thu 2 Nov 21:02

"One minute, its we need to convert all these good chances we are creating, next minute its we dont create enough, make up your mind 🤡"

Where did I say we were creating lots of good chances? I`ve literally just said the opposite in the post you`ve quoted.

Anyway, as parathletic points out, the stats suggest that we don`t create much, and what we do doesn`t result in many goals. Even the goals we have scored this season is a case in point - the xG for Allan`s goal v Airdrie or McCann`s free kick at Hampden would have been tiny; it`s not like we`re carving out sitters each game, and certainly not the "five good chances" I was originally replying about.

I was referring to posters who constantly change their mind, for example, not saying names but one poster said before a game that chalmers was not good enough, didnt think he cut it a league 1 either, however after the game he/she stated that it was obvious how much we need chalmers, and how important he is to the team.

Now how does that make sense, im refering to posters who do the same thing with the chances patter

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 09:09

ShellyPar

If you are referring to other posters then why quote KeltyPar. I think that`s where the confusion stems from.

Post Edited (Fri 03 Nov 09:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 11:02

Quote:

neilholland999, Fri 3 Nov 09:09

ShellyPar

If you are referring to other posters then why quote KeltyPar. I think that`s where the confusion stems from.

Yes my bad, i clicked the wrong button and have now realised this, but my point still stands 🤣

COYP
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net