DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Psychological effect of today’s point
Topic Originator: usurpar  
Date:   Sat 23 Dec 23:01

Maybe it’s just me, but the psychological effect of Craig Wighton’s goal today was huge.
I don`t know if the players feel it, but as a fan, to have been the only team in the league to lose in this fixture round would have been worrying.
We would have lost ground, albeit only one point, on the other nine teams and our cushion between us and the four teams below us would have been reduced to a single win, three points.
The fact that we scored so late on is also a great morale booster for the players, and I think that the Rovers current psyche bears that out.
We know, and I’m sure that the manager and players know that the team can, and will play better, and that when we are up to full strength we can match anyone in this league, so, for me, today’s point was very important indeed.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Psychological effect of today’s point
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sat 23 Dec 23:07

Cheers Sigmund 👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: usurpar  
Date:   Sat 23 Dec 23:55

Always happy to help…. 😀

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 05:56

I understand your point however I think we are papering over the cracks just now.
I was really upbeat with news of players returning to action but my worry is those players are going to place themselves on the line for others who are not going to make it in this league.
Yesterday’s performance gave me my biggest concern for the team direction in over a season. We are not playing well. Some much worse than others and we are only doing just enough.
If the confidence is there from the late show , again, then we need a big performance over Ayr. By that I am not talking of the score, I am talking of the performance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lesliepartoo  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 07:48

Everyweek I put £5 on the 5 championship team drawing and guess what.. I`m 1 happy man today lol. Odds are crazy for it every week

Cmon ye pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 08:53

No bones about it, this was a big point, it stops us from looking down again.

I think the injury to Hamilton is a masssive blow though, easily been out best player this season and we need him in midfield and defence at the mo.

Whatever team we put out against Ayr; it will not have any aggression or a ball winner in it now.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 09:33

Don`t you expect Otoo to play then?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 09:48

So does this mean the OP thinks the team in general have not being trying as hard as they could up till now? Football can be a tough nut to crack at any level. I am more in the camp of the best is yet to come from our playes as the injury list decreases and possible incoming loans or even signings add much need quality as that is where our problems lie. 9 of our starting line up yesterday were League 1 players last season. Arbroath are part time and some of their line up are from non league teams. Maybe this will spell out the need for a few quality squad additions. Deniz Memhet`s form would improve with quality being displayed in front of him. Bet this uosets a few on here.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 09:51

The Rovers were crap at Starks against us in October. Scored in the last minute to win it. By all accounts they were rotten last midweek up at Arbroath but again scored in thr last minute to win that game as well. Probably deserved 2 points but got all 6. Do they care? Do they pollute their forums with tales of "disgusting" performances and lightweight players not getting "stuck in"? No they don`t. They seem to accept the idea that their team can`t play brilliantly every single week. We`re a championship side missing about half our starting 11. Every week we have to make changes and even during games adjust to suit the latest injuries. Cut then some fkn slack!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 09:53

I don’t think otoo is aggressive in the challenge. He certainly wasn’t yesterday at their goal for example.

Hamilton and perhaps McCann the only players who are likely to pick up a booking because of how they play.

Post Edited (Sun 24 Dec 10:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 10:12

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 24 Dec 09:51

The Rovers were crap at Starks against us in October. Scored in the last minute to win it. By all accounts, they were rotten last midweek up at Arbroath but again scored in the last minute to win that game as well. Probably deserved 2 points but got all 6. Do they care? Do they pollute their forums with tales of "disgusting" performances and lightweight players not getting "stuck in"? No, they don`t. They seem to accept the idea that their team can`t play brilliantly every single week. We`re a championship side missing about half our starting 11. Every week, we have to make changes and even during games adjust to suit the latest injuries. Cut then some fkn slack!

Great post. Bound to upset a few folk though. 😀

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 10:21

It is interesting the different reaction some fans have to a rival scoring last-gasp goals and their own team doing it. One is an example of a never-say-die spirit and the other is a sign of desperation! Weren`t the Rovers playing against 10 men for most of the game on Friday night and lost a late goal too?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 10:23

Being honest, this league is very tight and a lot of results come down to a bit of luck.

The first post is right about the psychology though. If you believe you can win then it WILL give you that extra yard Vs the player thinking they`ll lose every game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 10:36

Good da no 1

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 10:38

GG that goes without saying!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 11:25

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like
Date: Sun 24 Dec 09:51

The Rovers were crap at Starks against us in October. Scored in the last minute to win it. By all accounts they were rotten last midweek up at Arbroath but again scored in thr last minute to win that game as well. Probably deserved 2 points but got all 6. Do they care? Do they pollute their forums with tales of "disgusting" performances and lightweight players not getting "stuck in"? No they don`t. They seem to accept the idea that their team can`t play brilliantly every single week. We`re a championship side missing about half our starting 11. Every week we have to make changes and even during games adjust to suit the latest injuries. Cut then some fkn slack!

If Rovers were fourth in league and well behind the top three then their forum would exactly the same as ours………….

The Pars have been rank rotten in quite a few games this season. Very good in just a few and average in most. Most fans have cut them a lot of slack but exercise their right to criticise performances when justified…….yesterday was another one of those days, according to those who were there. So you should not be surprised or get so annoyed about Pars fans that are every bit as passionate about their team as you are venting their frustration. It’s normal.

How boring it would be if we all followed your “ thou shall not criticise or have a negative opinion…..ever” lead…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 11:26

Quote:

desparado, Sun 24 Dec 11:25

Date: Sun 24 Dec 09:51

If Rovers were fourth in league and well behind the top three then their forum would exactly the same as ours………….

The Pars have been rank rotten in quite a few games this season. Very good in just a few and average in most. Most fans have cut them a lot of slack but exercise their right to criticise performances when justified…….yesterday was another one of those days, according to those who were there. So you should not be surprised or get so annoyed about Pars fans that are every bit as passionate about their team as you are venting their frustration. It’s normal.

How boring it would be if we all followed your “ thou shall not criticise or have a negative opinion…..ever” lead…

Read my posts during the Partick game. I`ll wait

I'll never have a go at folk who actually go to games from having an opinion on our performance. Note that I haven't commented on how we played. I wasn't there. What I cannot stand is the constant negativity from the same people every time we don't win. Now that is boring. Nowhere to be seen when we win. All over threads when we don't. I'll say it again for the hard of thinking.....we're a championship team with half our starting line up unavailable for the full game yesterday. Sounds like we were rotten but scored a last minute equaliser. I'll take that.

Merry Christmas 🎅

Post Edited (Sun 24 Dec 11:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 11:43

Research into success in organisations including sporting highlights the need for shared vision, values, and togetherness .

Some simple points to look for when enjoying the matches are: 1) do teams celebrate goals together, or are some players not involved? 2) do teams react collectively following conceding a goal including leadership that encourages “us” to keep focused? and 3) do the coaches and players use collective language in interviews? A team that is together speaks about their team in “we” and “us” terms and not “me” and “they” terms.”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 13:47

Well done Leslie Par.....I`m guessing about 1500 quid for that.

Bet you haven`t celebrated a Pars equaliser like that for a while and were totally cursing them in the 88th minute.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 14:12

Lesliepar is that 5 single bets or one £5 accumulator ?
Well done BTW

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lesliepartoo  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 14:33

2760 livingston par.. av done it for years but its only the 2nd time its come up lol

Cmon ye pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 15:37

In response to da no 1. Half our starting line up missing for the full game yesterday? Mmmm? Don’t think so.

Anyway one thing we can agree on is yes, we have been decimated with injuries during the first half of the season, so let’s hope we have better luck on that front in the second half. If so, I would expect more consistency in performances and results which is after all what we would all like to see…

Merry Christmas too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 16:13

Bene, Fisher, KRH, McCann, Hamilton.....unavailable to play the full 90 yesterday.......so 5 out of 10 outfield players...... hmmmm I think that`s half.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 16:36

Yes, we had some injuries, but so does everyone else. Pisses me off how often these are used as excuses. You should always, always be expecting 2-3 players to be completely unavailable and another 1/2 being unable to play 90 minutes. Yes we are slightly beyond that, but it is only slight.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 16:53

Date: Sun 24 Dec 16:13

Bene, Fisher, KRH, McCann, Hamilton.....unavailable to play the full 90 yesterday.......so 5 out of 10 outfield players...... hmmmm I think that`s half.

Not all guaranteed starters when all fit of course, so 5 from 16 certainly but not necessarily a starting line up.

Anyhoo…. Have a nice Xmas…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 16:59

Quote:

pars4life1, Sun 24 Dec 16:36

Yes, we had some injuries, but so does everyone else. Pisses me off how often these are used as excuses. You should always, always be expecting 2-3 players to be completely unavailable and another 1/2 being unable to play 90 minutes. Yes we are slightly beyond that, but it is only slight.

We had 8 subs yesterday and Arbroath could only name the 5 (They only have 19 players in total). In terms of overall numbers we have one of the larger squads in the league.
A footballer averages over 2 injuries a season so last season we were fortunate. Having a fully fit squad is a rarity.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 17:04

Quote:

pars4life1, Sun 24 Dec 16:36

So having 3 centre halves including your club captain injured all at once should just be "dealt with"? Out of interest how big a squad should we have? 6 players for each role? It`s not an excuse. It`s a fact. We were lucky with injuries. This season we`ve been really unlucky.

Desparado I can`t be bothered discussing the Pars with folk like you. Get a wee forum with Berkey and be done with it

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 17:23

😂😂😂😂

What pathetic behavior.

My suggestion would be maybe not sign only 3 center backs especially don’t sign only 1 senior pro when you play a back 3. Yes Otoo, comrie and Hamilton can cover, but cover is all they are and there has only been a plan in place if one or two got injured.

I don’t completely disagree with bad luck with injuries, but bad luck can be combated with good planning and we don’t have that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 17:24

I was joking FFS

How do you plan for 3 centre halves being out injured all at once?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 17:29

Otoo is a centre back. When he arrived, he came as a central defender who could also cover as a left back or in midfield.

To be able to lose Bene, Breen and Fisher - and still be able to play a competent back 3 is good planning in action. We`ve got the 2nd best goals against record in the division - despite Sharp and Mehmet having more than one bad moment each.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 17:31

Desparado I can`t be bothered discussing the Pars with folk like you. Get a wee forum with Berkey and be done with it.

Boo hoo 😭

When your pressed… you come out with the “ I was joking “ line quite a lot. Wish you would lighten up ffs…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 17:46

He just can`t help himself desperado. Ignore function needed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 17:48

Guys its Christmas the Morra .. peace and goodwill

Have a great Christmas to all Guys and Gals on here .. hope Santa is good to you

COYP

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Dec 18:09

Topic Originator: Buspasspar like
Date: Sun 24 Dec 17:48

Guys its Christmas the Morra .. peace and goodwill

Have a great Christmas to all Guys and Gals on here .. hope Santa is good to you.

Knowing our luck the Big man will pull a Hamstring just as he approaches Dunfy…

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net