DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Ayr United + James McPake + Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 31 Dec 11:54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky-vYBo0GDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf7iT70eA3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiQtqQjWvmA

Post Edited (Sun 31 Dec 15:35)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Ayr United
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 31 Dec 13:06

I`m not sure if Jakubiak`s shot for the second goal took a deflection as it seemed to leave the keeper flat-footed. Allan was getting his shirt pulled at that corner we had at the end.

I must say I was glad when Aiden McGeady was subbed during the second half. He may not have the legs to last 90 minutes but his class stood out while he was on the park. Like all really good players he gets himself in the perfect position to receive the ball and is so aware of what`s happening around him, delaying his pass until a team-mate is in the best position to benefit from it.

[IP address logged]
 Re: Highlights Ayr United + James McPake + Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 31 Dec 17:07

I noticed in the post match interview that McPake mentioned that we were unfortunate with “ injuries being picked up in the last couple of days “ .

I assume he is referring to Todd and Otoo……so not missing due to a bug then ?

Let’s hope they are both available on Tuesday.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Dec 17:32

Someone on East End Bounce said Todd had a hamstring injury. Otoo felt tightness during the warm-up so his withdrawal may have been precautionary. Hopefully Hammy can be fitted with a mask which would enable him to play.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 31 Dec 19:44

A couple out with hamstrings.. sounds a bit ominous, I wonder if this is down to training or warming up or just normal over the season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 31 Dec 20:43

Well McCann is one, Breen ? two…and if the rumour about Todd is right then maybe three. Not sure what MoH injury was against Ayr?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 31 Dec 23:48

Yeah, it sounds a bit more than a coincidence..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 00:49

Careful. I said the same a few months ago but got my nose bitten off for raising the subject. After all these hamstring injuries, in particular, but also the general frequency of injuries in training, it would suggest a need to examine the shape and intensity of our training regime. Coincidence and a string of bad luck only goes so far.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 09:57

Topic Originator: Buspasspar
Date: Sat 23 Dec 15:48

I posted this on the Arbroath match thread :-

Are we needing to have a look at our training methods .. our warm up .. sports science methods .. or are we just unlucky .. too many injuries for something not to be right .. only my opinion

eta

I know we cant legislate for cheekbone and shoulder injury`s

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 10:30

Is it not the case that injuries can be a bit like these notorious London buses? You can`t really say that having 2 or 3 similar injuries must be down to the training routine. I`d be very surprised if our manager and his backroom team were not fully in tune with all the most recent studies into sports injuries.

I would suggest you can`t legislate for bad luck either.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 10:52

I`m sure the manager has said that the backroom staff have reviewed all the issues which might have had an impact on non-contact injuries to see if any changes need to be made to training, preparation, treatment etc to minimise the risk of these recurring. To be honest, I`d be surprised if they hadn`t done this.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 11:00

Aye GG and wee eck .. Happy new Year to you both .. we could just be on a run of bad luck .. Lets hope they all make a full and speedy recovery

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 11:08

We have a sports scientist so I would imagine that would be one of his primary roles?

On average a player gets injured twice a season so with our squad the `normal` would be 40-50 injuries per season.Injuries are more common throughout the winter period.Here is a study on the EPL.

https://rcpod.org.uk/news/premier-league-players-at-greater-risk-of-injury-than-other-european-leagues/

Hamstring injuries are the most common

https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2023/06/26/the-cost-of-injuries-in-the-premier-league/

Post Edited (Mon 01 Jan 11:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 11:21

Interesting parathletic thanks for sharing .. a Happy new Year to you

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 11:23

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 1 Jan 11:21

Interesting parathletic thanks for sharing .. a Happy new Year to you

Thanks.All the best to you and all Pars fans alike👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 11:52

There`s a lot of interesting information there, parathletic, particularly in the second article. It was a bit worrying to read that injuries to the hamstring are likely to recur. I think we should all heed the author`s conclusion though :-

`I wish to conclude with something that I often say when asked about injuries. Just because a team has a “bad” injury record, it should not immediately imply a criticism of medical departments. In an era of extreme reaction and angry vitriol aimed at those involved in football, staff helping players recover are often given unfair criticism and abuse. I hope that this article has given you an insight into other ways of looking at injuries. Like many of football’s fantastic statistics, sometimes the headline grabbing numbers can overlook the real nuance behind the story. There are a plethora of complicated reasons why players get injured and often the Return To Play data amongst the “worst” sides indicate how well these teams are doing at getting players back before expected return dates. Injuries can be complicated and follow-ups do not always mean mismanagement; it is sometimes just down to the facts of physiology.`

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 1 Jan 23:22

We barely had any injuries last season and I doubt that we`ve markedly changed our approach to preparation, recovery and training.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Highlights Ayr United James McPake Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Tue 2 Jan 11:29

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 1 Jan 23:22

We barely had any injuries last season and I doubt that we`ve markedly changed our approach to preparation, recovery and training.

And given that the article states ‘on average’ - we are likely seeing a statistical catch-up from our low amount of injuries last season.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net