DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rovers Highlights
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 2 Jan 22:22

For anyone who can bare to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qm7fLGxkc

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers Highlights
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 2 Jan 22:26

Defending absolutely embarrassing. Edwards yet again at a cross ball can’t track his man

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Tue 2 Jan 22:40

The go pro in the goal does not make good viewing for the keeper,

Should be doing alot better there
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 2 Jan 22:42

I thought at the time the defence could have held their line better. It looked like we were too deep?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 2 Jan 22:45

For which goal? I’m no mehmet fan but genuinely what is he supposed to do? Defence can’t defend crossed balls

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Tue 2 Jan 22:48

Quote:

parathletic, Tue 2 Jan 22:42

I thought at the time the defence could have held their line better. It looked like we were too deep?

It only takes one to not hold the line and everyone is onside.

The ball should never have made it to the boy on the 6 yard line who directed it towards Mehmet,

There was no extra pace on the ball after the floated cross.

It should`ve been cleared long before the initial shot, but the keeper`s gave them a gift.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Tue 2 Jan 23:17

I thought at the time of the 1st goal that the criticism yelled at Mehmet was harsh and I`ve not changed that after watching the video.

The ball comes in and one of the rovers players gets a touch to redirect it. Mehmet manages to react quickly and parry it but two of their players follow it in and are there to react ... none of ours were near enough maybe because they`d tried to step up

He`s had a few howlers this season but this wasn`t one. The defence let him down IMO.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 2 Jan 23:23

The defence was poor at both goals but so was Mehmet. He drops the first one and the second goes right past him. Watch the angle from behind the goal. He is more intent on claiming for a foul than he is attempting to save it. Far too many blunders from this guy and worrying we gave him a new lengthy contract.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Tue 2 Jan 23:38

Struggling to find fault with Mehmet for their opener. The ball is fired at him from close range- he does well to get a hand on it and , as ever, slow motion replays don’t help him. Hardly his fault it then lands at the feet of a rovers attacker. Perhaps question why Rovers were first to the initial ball in and the rebound off the keeper? Edwards works hard to track his man for the second but ultimately comes second in a 50:50 dual. Decent header to be fair.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 05:45

Mehmet has to be ready to react, that`s his job ffs.
If he hasn`t made glaring errors constantly I`d forgive him but it`s every week now. He`s psh.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 07:02

I don`t remember him doing much wrong at Arbroath or Ayr but some folk only see what they want to see. It can`t be easy playing behind a constantly changing defence and the absence of an organiser like Bene doesn`t help.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 08:29

Looking for positives- that was an absolutely sublime goal from Summers. The run and shot speaks for itself but it was a clever first time pass from Chalmers to set him off. Playing “ between the lines” I think they call it. Anyhow a fantastic goal and some consolation on an otherwise disappointing day.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 09:28

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Jan 07:02

I don`t remember him doing much wrong at Arbroath or Ayr but some folk only see what they want to see.

And some folk can`t see the wood for the trees.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 09:35

Didn`t think it was a goalkeeping error for the first. The ball into the box was a good one and on the edge of the 6 yard box.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 09:49

Why did we leave the front post undefended at their second goal.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 10:38

Good ball in for the first goal, oh to have someone who can put a ball in for us to attack like that. Edwards has been disappointing this season, some good games mostly just average.

Great equaliser, we’ve been missing pace and legs in the middle of the park this season.

We look like what we are, a makeshift relatively weak physically team with very few players able to make any impact on a game at the top half of the championship.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 10:48

...and yet we`re in the top half of the Championship.

Were you at the game, Berkey, or are you just assessing the highlights?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 11:19

Eck, does it ever cross your mind that the reason we`re sitting in 5th is mainly because other teams from us down are beating and drawing with each other ? Not because we`re so much better than them. We`ve been a bit lucky when you consider the injuries we`ve had/got, to still be 5th..4th before yesterday`s game. So please don`t try and make out we`re there because of just the football we`re playing, because in the main we`re pretty poor.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 11:38

Form over last 5 games

Airdrie 7 points
Pars 5 points
Morton 11 points
Ayr 5 points
Caley 2 points
Arbroath 5 points
QP 1 point

Our last 5 games have included 2 at home against 1st and 3rd place. Zero points as is normal this season for teams above us. The other 3 are all away and a win and 2 draws on the face of it isn`t too shabby.

We`re exactly where our form suggests we should be. Of the rest only Morton show any real form, the rest are as inconsistent as we currently are. There`s no need for panic yet.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 12:19

`Topic Originator: Gaz3822 like
Date: Wed 3 Jan 11:19

Eck, does it ever cross your mind that the reason we`re sitting in 5th is mainly because other teams from us down are beating and drawing with each other ? Not because we`re so much better than them. We`ve been a bit lucky when you consider the injuries we`ve had/got, to still be 5th..4th before yesterday`s game. So please don`t try and make out we`re there because of just the football we`re playing, because in the main we`re pretty poor.`

This must be the epitome of a `glass half-empty` post.

We`re only 5th because the teams below us are dropping points! That`s the way leagues work!
We`ve been a bit lucky (!) despite the injuries we`ve had!!! Are you serious?

I wonder what your expectations were at the start of the season assuming we had a normal quota of injuries?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 13:35

My expectations were finishing mid table because we have 3 or 4 players still in our team not good enough to get us any higher in my opinion, another couple untested in this division, another couple of new signings where the jury was still out, and haven`t covered themselves in glory, and another 2 or 3 who are good enough.
I`m sure you can work out who I mean.

Listen, I say it how I see the games, without black and white tinted glasses. We are where we are without our best players playing every week. This is the position I thought we`d be in with them, so yeah I think we are a tad lucky to be there without them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 13:44

Halfway through the season we are where you expected us to be at the end of the season, despite being without key players for long periods. You put this down to `luck`. How has this luck manifested itself? Couldn`t it be that the overall squad is better than you thought it was?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 13:48

Quote:

Gaz3822, Wed 3 Jan 13:35

My expectations were finishing mid table because we have 3 or 4 players still in our team not good enough to get us any higher in my opinion, another couple untested in this division, another couple of new signings where the jury was still out, and haven`t covered themselves in glory, and another 2 or 3 who are good enough.
I`m sure you can work out who I mean.

Listen, I say it how I see the games, without black and white tinted glasses. We are where we are without our best players playing every week. This is the position I thought we`d be in with them, so yeah I think we are a tad lucky to be there without them.

Would you mind clarifying who`s who in your respective categories?

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 15:21

I did we`d been a bit lucky, not wholly lucky and we have.
We`re a reactivate team as opposed to a proactive one.
We`ve been good a coming back into a game but can`t take a game to the opposition and manage it very well.

For dpard.
Not good enough for challenging:- keeper, don`t think I need to say anything there.
Chalmers, tries his best, but his best isn`t good enough for challenging a league, same with Wighton. I was hoping for big things for him but it`s not there.
McCann, nope for me, headless chicken, unless another manager can see something.
Untested, kane and Otoo. Think Otoo will go on to bigger and better. 2 young boys on loan, inconsistent at this level but like them.
Matty, good enough, Bene, good enough. 2 fullbacks prob good enough. Allen, not at this moment but he`s young so benefit of the doubt.
Jakub, not sure, Ohalloran past it.
Fisher good enough I think, Breen not sure.
Right down the spine of the team has been a struggle.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 15:33

So you`re only sure about 5 of our players being good enough for `challenging` for the Championship and two of them have hardly played. Despite that we`re fifth. There`s no logic to that at all. And you still haven`t explained how we`ve been `lucky`.

Post Edited (Wed 03 Jan 15:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 16:00

You seem to have trouble reading mate.
I said CHALLENGING, which means FOR THE LEAGUE.
The 3 best teams in the league are above us, right ?
Ffs no wonder you argue wi most people on this lol 👓

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 16:14

`My expectations were finishing mid table because we have 3 or 4 players still in our team not good enough to get us any higher in my opinion,....`

That could mean challenging for the play-offs but now you`re saying it meant challenging for the league. If I have trouble reading maybe you have trouble expressing yourself. You`ve neatly side-stepped the issue of `luck` I see.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 16:16

Ffs Eck...let me start by saying well done on the editing, now your post doesn`t make sense, because this group of players aren`t and will not challenge for the league.

For the other part, go back to my first post and see where i said, the other teams below us are pretty much cutting each others throats. Now if you don`t agree with that that`s fine, but I think we have been a BIT lucky to have been 4th.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 16:32

This is the last time I`m posting about this.

Start with my 1st post and read the rest. I then replied to dpard about the players.
In fact look at your post at 15.33, you seemed to know what I meant then.
I can express myself very well. Maybe you need to take a break from this site for a while, give yourself and everyone else a break.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 16:41

Thanks for the advice but I won`t be taking it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 16:42

Pity

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 16:44

One thing I would never do is tell fellow-fans to stop posting just because I don`t agree with them. It completely defeats the point of a forum.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 16:53

And there we have it, this is your go to post when you don`t like what someone else has said...or do you just like having the last word ? There, I`ve given you the chance to get it in again 👍

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 17:49

In fairness Gaz you’re the one suggesting Wee Eck leaves the forum because you don’t agree with his opinion….

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 18:04

Buffy where have I said its because I don`t agree with his opinion? He wasn`t able to read my posts correctly and edited his own replies to make me sound wrong.

He always has a go at negative posts/posters whether he`s right or wrong.

He maybe needs to take a step back now and again and let people sound off about what they want, without him chirping on with his but but but`s

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 18:54

You shouldn`t be telling people to stop posting, whatever the reason, unless they`re breaking the forum rules. That`s censorship.

And in case you accuse me of wanting the last post, have a look at your own post at 16:32. You still haven`t told us about the luck we`ve benefited from this season either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 18:58

Problem we have is quite a few of the current team were starters last time we went down and it’s clear to see there’s a fair gap between the leagues in terms of quality.

We’ve done okay this season pulling out big results when needed (ie away at Morton) despite not really playing well for large chunk of those games, if that continues we should be okay but it will be harder in 2nd half of season as we’ve picked up max points from Morton who have improved and look like the next team to pass us.

Every round of fixtures I’m looking at how Queen’s Park and Arbroath are doing and hoping they get beat. Even though it’s 9 points we have absolutely have to avoid defeat on Friday.

We don’t have enough fighters for a relegation scrap.

Post Edited (Wed 03 Jan 18:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 19:13

Eck I`ll say this for the last time so bear with me.

The teams below us, inc Airdie at the time, we`re cutting each others throats. If you don`t know what that means, they were getting poor results elsewhere, also the likes of Arbroath and QP had been so far behind, they`re still below us, even though they`ve had a bit of a resurgence.
THAT IS WHY I SAID WE HAVE BEEN A BIT LUCKY, it`s certainly not because I think our squad is better than I thought.

Please don`t ask again or I`ll just think your no very bright.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 19:29

I think you`re the one who`s `no very bright` if you think clubs below us dropping points is indicative of our good luck. Are we the only team in the league who has benefited from clubs below it dropping points?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 19:36

`if you think clubs below us dropping points is indicative of our good luck.`

Is luck not part of football like ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 19:37

Really p1sses me off when folk say there`s no fight in our squad

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 20:22

One thing that can’t be questioned is the team spirit.

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 3 Jan 21:23

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 3 Jan 20:22

One thing that can’t be questioned is the team spirit.

I would say it`s probably the spirit in the team that has got us to 4th despite the injuries
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 18:36

Well maybe just me but I think on a different day we could have won that game
Can`t blame the keeper for the first goal IMO .. also I think a foul on Breen

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net