DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Who’s to blame
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 21:25

The management or board they have known for weeks we needed recruitment as for the game queens park must be the worst team in the league. The senior players are just going through the paces .Its a pity we didn’t have another 10 Chris Hamiltons If any team needs to break there duck just call on us pathetic. Can’t wait for the excuses.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Who’s to blame
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 21:28

But we will have a training ground. Players will flock Toni`s.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 21:30

I`ve said in another post 7 out of the 11 that started v Dundee United started tonight. The injuries aren`t great but unfortunately neither is the dross we are getting served up by the fit 1st team players.

Mcpake signed Mehmet Chalmers and wighton all on new deals all look totally useless in this league again....

We have had injuries since early on in the season you`d think we would work on getting deals done early?

Bad night capping off an embarrassing week for the pars.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 21:33

Really is a case of just seeing the season out and staying in the division now, there is going to have to be a tricky balance as we must recruit in the hardest transfer window of the season when there’s no real talent on offer.

We’ll be signing to make up the numbers rather than looking at longer term which goes against what our plan was and is a pretty bad position to be in.

The additional challenge we’ll have is who really wants to come and play in a decimated squad, even if we are trying to be active in the window, there’s no guarantee we’ll get anywhere.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 21:34

Mcpake needs to take some of the blame for me, the experienced pro’s out there tonight are all his players and to man they look poor. We waited all summer for ‘quality’ apparently and brought in a guy who has been good for 10 minutes all season.

I just wonder how much the 2 lads from the old firm cost as it feels like that where the vast majority of the budget went and the likes of chalmers and wighton had to be kept as there was limited budget left.

This result will focus a few minds me thinks….mcpake is right, they wanted it more than us.

Post Edited (Fri 05 Jan 22:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 21:37

Berry even getting a cart horse in is better than watching us sink with zero dig or desire to get stuck in and fight outside of Hamilton.

Signing players like o’hallaron, mehmet and chalmers on at least 2 years deals feels very similar to the dross we had when we went down last time.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 21:45

Hamilton just flung a leg out for the 2nd rather than trying to close it down……hardly a fighting effort to defend that one
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 21:48

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 5 Jan 21:45

Hamilton just flung a leg out for the 2nd rather than trying to close it down……hardly a fighting effort to defend that one

He`s playing with a broken cheekbone and dead on his feet. Do you fancy rethinking that one?
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 21:51

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 5 Jan 21:48

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 5 Jan 21:45

He`s playing with a broken cheekbone and dead on his feet. Do you fancy rethinking that one?

No, not really. 👍🏻 didnt seem to lack to effort to scream at others after it, and his broken cheekbone didnt put him off heading numerous balls today either….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 21:55

Injuries are saving the manager, Chalmers , O Halloran, Mehmet, Wighton. Jak new deals all wrong decisions .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 21:55

You Ask who is to blame ?
You can blame whoever thought giving some of these players a 2/3 year deal
Cannot blame mehmet tonight , but he isn`t good enough at this level which has been proven in the past !
O’hallaron, Chalmers, Allan etc to name but a few
A blind man with a glass eye can see they are not cut out for this level
If we don`t have personnel in ASAP there are a few teams around us that will be overtaking us !

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 21:59

Ohallaran was at fault for the 2nd goal, didnt react to the header, didnt attempt to chase the QP player back either, slow, unfit and offers nothing.

Probably a decent earner creaming a wage for no return.

Utter gash

Post Edited (Fri 05 Jan 22:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:01

Injuries is covering up what is in essence rubbish football.

McPake loves his formation and won’t deviate away from it, playing squares in round holes.

Why not start Hoggan, Sutherland? More dig from them in 5 minutes than some that went off.

As said in another thread let’s hope we don’t get dragged into a relegation battle because there is more life in the cemetery behind EEP.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:04

It`s easy to say after a game like that `why not start with Hoggan and Sutherland?` but I don`t think anyone suggested it before the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:08

on point obi,

If you constantly play that system you are getting tippy tappy p*sh.

If you play Chalmers in that system you are getting tippy tappy slow predictable p*sh.

The only players out there tonight that were going to make a difference were, Edwards, Summers who could hardly walk let alone run and Moffat who tried but gave the ball away at every opportunity.

I cant remember us winning a 50 - 50 or even a 60 - 40, that was damn awful.

Starting to doubt Mcpake a little as when you think about the football played last season it was again generally boring, slow and predictable but the opposition was rank.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:08

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 5 Jan 22:04

It`s easy to say after a game like that `why not start with Hoggan and Sutherland?` but I don`t think anyone suggested it before the game.

We didn`t know players who started were compromised, anyway senior players were poor ,sold the fans and manager down the river

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:09

I’d have suggested it why not is that not what we were suppose to be doing - promoting youth.

No sure in what world O’Halloran is a wing back.

Ben Summers always seems to limp and be injured when having to get back. Aye he scored but unpopular I know - not for me.

Wighton has no confidence at all. Sutherland run around more than he did.

Post Edited (Fri 05 Jan 22:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:13

Seriously worried that we could go down with players on two year deals……I hope a relegation clause was written in to contracts. We are in deep doo doo…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:13

Wighton plays like the doc has told him continuing on will cause him problems in later life.

We need experienced players to cover injuries and experienced players to ensure Allan, chalmers and o’hallaran are warming the bench at best.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:14

If you just want somebody to run about there will be plenty of supporters prepared to do that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:15

experienced players like who Berkey?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:16

Berkey, you`re always at your most prolific after a defeat. What a bonus tonight that you actually saw the game you`re commenting on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:19

Injuries haven’t just been sprung on us. Poor planning yet again going into a transfer window and other teams have signed players in early. Better get 2/3 in this week. Struggling to see where the next win is coming from. Also get the back 5 too **** when we don’t have any Centre half’s

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:20

Yeah let’s forget about that gutless performance and instead focus on a fan for pointing it out and how the same players I clearly don’t rate failed to Turn up yet again!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:23

Your closing signature says it all. At least you get that right every post.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:27

Assuming everyone gets fit we`d be left with a big squad and wage bill if we brought in folk permanently so it would be loans or short term deals you`d imagine and folk coming back from injury or experienced players out of the picture.

Not much of a market to pick from and the latter category means you could easily get another Lawless or Polworth....

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:46

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Fri 5 Jan 22:27

Assuming everyone gets fit we`d be left with a big squad and wage bill if we brought in folk permanently so it would be loans or short term deals you`d imagine and folk coming back from injury or experienced players out of the picture.

Not much of a market to pick from and the latter category means you could easily get another Lawless or Polworth....

Lawless is playing well for Partick, Polwarth playing regularly in the Premier ,maybe it`s the team that drags them down

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:52

The fan’s expectations.

How long ago was it we were fighting to save this club.

A team just promoted from league 1 - with a youngish squad.

1 point away from 4th with a horrendous injury list

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 22:58

Quote:

DA_NO1, Fri 5 Jan 22:52

The fan’s expectations.

6 points ahead of 9th and 10th ,with injury list ,

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 23:04

Too many of you saying on the one hand "getting players on deals was a wrong decision" and on the other hand "get players in the door". Who`s going to come in the door if we don`t offer a decent deal?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 23:11

We could easily go down with this team. The quality and personnel just aren’t there. Who’s to blame? I’d say the board first. They’ve already relegated us once but McPake has to take some of the blame too. This trying to get average players to play out from the back is horrible to watch and costing us goals.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 23:31

1 point off 4th. We were 4 clear a few games ago in 4th…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 23:57

Quote:

The fan’s expectations.

Can`t keep living off the "We almost died" line forever. We have a huge backing from supporters
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 00:13

Who’s living of that ?

Takes time to rebuild a club, we don’t want a quick fix.

Bit of patience and realism needed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 05:32

Quote:

parsfan97, Fri 5 Jan 23:31

1 point off 4th. We were 4 clear a few games ago in 4th…

Weve also had zero centre halves available since then 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 06:28

As I`ve said I`d understand if we had 11 kids but 7 of that starting lineup started at tanadice when we didn`t have the "extensive" injuries.

The so-called senior players were an embarrassment tonight, Chalmers Mehmet all proved they weren`t good enough at this level when we embarrassed ourselves last time at this level. So we get promoted and give the same players new multi year deals ? We can`t be surprised that these players keep churning out the performances they do.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 06:33

Quote:

The fan’s expectations.

Seriously think we have the worst fans in the country.
Tin hat on but don`t care. Some right belters on here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 06:35

Quote:

DA_NO1, Sat 6 Jan 00:13

Who’s living of that ?

Unfortunately too many folk on here think they know better. Instant success or sack the board mentality.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kozmano1  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 06:56

So I take it you were at the game last night. Some of the worst fans in the country, do me a favour!. This is a forum, and if your a paying traveler watching that last night, your opinion is more valid than any keyboard warrior!!.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 07:06

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 6 Jan 06:35

Quote:

DA_NO1, Sat 6 Jan 00:13

Who’s living of that ?

Unfortunately too many folk on here think they know better. Instant success or sack the board mentality.

I don`t think anyone was expecting "instant success". Anyone who watched that last night saw players who chucked it and the manager pretty much confirmed as much last night when asked on cows. He also said injuries aside that performance wasn`t acceptable.

We decided to go into this season with a light squad which was also confirmed at a supporters meeting at the start of the season.

Now nobody could anticipate the injuries but we need to adapt to the situation we are in. We have no center backs but still play a system that is reliant on a good number of centre backs.

We have offered extended deals to at least 3 who have never proved themselves at this level you could potentially argue have failed at this level.

We have been in this situation for months and we seem no further forward in getting reinforcements in for the squad. We have Sam young out on loan why was he not recalled at least he is a natural CB instead of playing a full back there.

There are so many questions with not enough answers at the moment and we need to sort it quickly as teams below us are starting to pull us back.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 07:29

I constantly read on here that Joe Chalmers has not proved himself at this level. I presume he was one of the three players you are referring to. Since he left Celtic in 2015 he has played regularly for Motherwell, Ross County, ICT, Ayr United and ourselves. Last season was the first time he has ever played below Championship level. I think he had most assists in League 1.

Unfortunately this is just typical of so many ill-informed, knee-jerk posts on here.

Post Edited (Sat 06 Jan 07:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 07:35

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 6 Jan 07:29

I constantly read on here that Joe Chalmers has not proved himself at this level. I presume he was one of the three players you are referring to. Since he left Celtic in 2015 he has played regularly for Motherwell, Ross County, ICT, Ayr United and ourselves. Last season was the first time he has ever played below Championship level. I think he had most assists in League 1.

Unfortunately this is just typical of so many ill-informed, knee-jerk posts on here.

And could potentially be relegated from the same league 2/3 seasons.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 07:47

*Without making a single tackle

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 07:58

Well said eck.

Too many folk on here not only have one eyed hindsight they can blether oot their erses..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 08:13

Out of interest, what position did chalmers play for Motherwell and Ross county? Was he still considered a full back then?

We’re being told it’s very hard to get any quality into the team in the Jan window, ayr, our rivals at the time were more than happy to give us chalmers in Jan, their fans on p&b were delighted too.

I think we can all agree last season was against vastly inferior opposition.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 08:22

I think wee eck has kind of proved everyone`s point inadvertently there. Going from Celtic to mid table Premier to lower Premier to upper Championship to mid table Championship to relegation threatened Championship isn`t exactly a ringing endorsement of his talents, is it? Indeed, apart from a wee spell at Inverness, I can`t recall a time he was particularly well thought of by fans at any of his clubs?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 08:27

Pars fans love a scape goat - step forward Joe Chalmers ....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 08:33

The responses just reinforce the point. For some reason one season in League 1 is more significant than the rest of his career spent in the Premiership and the Championship. And a few supporters of Ayr United are the final arbiters on his career!

The name of this thread sums up this forum unfortunately. There always has to be somebody to blame. As far as the players are concerned there seems to be three favourite scapegoats - Chalmers, Wighton and Mehmet. Every single error these guys make will be seized on to demonstrate how out of their depth they are and anything good they do will be ignored. How many mentions were there of Chalmers` first-time, inch-perfect, beautifully-paced pass to Summers which released him on his goal-scoring run last Tuesday? I think there was one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 08:35

Quote:

kelty_par, Sat 6 Jan 08:22

I think wee eck has kind of proved everyone`s point inadvertently there. Going from Celtic to mid table Premier to lower Premier to upper Championship to mid table Championship to relegation threatened Championship isn`t exactly a ringing endorsement of his talents, is it? Indeed, apart from a wee spell at Inverness, I can`t recall a time he was particularly well thought of by fans at any of his clubs?

I think that`s the point. Yesterday`s solutions are today`s problems. The bad decisions were made a few years ago. The fact is the squad is light and we need players in the door irrespective of the current squad. We may also lose some of the loan players who knows. Training needs to be looked at too. Injuries aren`t picked up just in game. They tend to start on the training ground. It`s about taking a breath, reflecting on where we are and where we want to be. Other than Dundee Utd and Raith Rovers there isn`t much between the teams and at the moment our performances could push us into the relegation battle unless there is positive action in whatever form that takes

Post Edited (Sat 06 Jan 08:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 08:50

I think some of the stick Chalmers gets here is unfair. Chalmers` strengths are not making tackles, chasing down opponents, winning balls in the air and making lung bursting runs in to the box.
His main role is to take the ball off the defenders and try to advance it into the wide men or the forwards. His other role involves the taking of most of the set pieces. He performs these roles pretty well, IMO, and rarely hides, even when things are not going well.

Would I play Chalmers in the same midfield alongside Summers, Allan and Moffat? Absolutely not

Would I play Chalmers in a midfield containing the likes of Hamilton, Otoo, Edwards, Todd and Hosler? Absolutely

A good team is all about balance - you need a blend of experience, youthfulness, ball winners, playmakers, goal scorers and energy.

Right now, the manager is being forced to put square pegs in round holes, play players who are not fully fit and play players who are out of form

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 09:02

Can`t argue with anything Raymie just said.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 09:09

As far as the players are concerned there seems to be three favourite scapegoats - Chalmers, Wighton and Mehmet. Every single error these guys make will be seized on to demonstrate how out of their depth they are and anything good they do will be ignored.

Stats speak for themselves wighton doesn`t score enough goals in this league. Chalmers isn`t a player you need in your squad when your chasing a game too many side or backwards passes. Mehmet has made crucial mistakes I. Too many games coupled with the fact our strikers don`t score enough er can`t be handing teams goals.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PansPar  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 10:41

It won`t be easy for any of the players to be on the pitch as part of a team that seems low in confidence and alongside teammates who are ill or carrying injuries. Last night was brutal but this morning I`m more concerned about management.

Averaging one or two new injuries every week for such a long stretch feels like it goes way beyond bad luck. Recruitment needs to improve immediately too.

My big concern though is how rigid we are with formation, tactics and style of play, which rarely seem to change regardless of the opponent, who we have available or how the match is playing out. How many of those players are struggling for form and confidence because they are out of position or part of a formation that doesnt suit them? Injuries are playing a part in that, but we need to mix it up a bit, otherwise our opponents will continue to see us coming a mile off.

A few players may not be good enough to take us further, but I`ll get behind them anyway and will question the people making the decisions instead.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 10:45

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 6 Jan 08:50

I think some of the stick Chalmers gets here is unfair. Chalmers` strengths are not making tackles, chasing down opponents, winning balls in the air and making lung bursting runs in to the box.
His main role is to take the ball off the defenders and try to advance it into the wide men or the forwards. His other role involves the taking of most of the set pieces. He performs these roles pretty well, IMO, and rarely hides, even when things are not going well.

Would I play Chalmers in the same midfield alongside Summers, Allan and Moffat? Absolutely not

Would I play Chalmers in a midfield containing the likes of Hamilton, Otoo, Edwards, Todd and Hosler? Absolutely

A good team is all about balance - you need a blend of experience, youthfulness, ball winners, playmakers, goal scorers and energy.

Right now, the manager is being forced to put square pegs in round holes, play players who are not fully fit and play players who are out of form

Far too rational and sensible for this forum, Raymie.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 10:54

`My big concern though is how rigid we are with formation, tactics and style of play, which rarely seem to change regardless of the opponent, who we have available or how the match is playing out.`

Not so long ago McPake was being praised for his ability and willingness to change things during a game to suit circumstances. Listening to players` interviews too it`s pretty clear the preparation leading up to a game involves planning ways of negating opponents` strengths and exploiting their weaknesses. Having so many unfit players may negate the effectiveness of that though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 11:03

Quote:

DA_NO1, Sat 6 Jan 08:27

Pars fans love a scape goat - step forward Joe Chalmers ....

Ok.....but give him a minute as he`s no the quickest. Probably better if you get him to step back too as he`s probably facing that direction already.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 11:38

We are going to get relegated as I simply can`t see where the next win is coming from
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 12:11

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Sat 6 Jan 11:38

We are going to get relegated as I simply can`t see where the next win is coming from

Brighten up!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lucho_8  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 12:48

Got grief on here last season for saying wighton was rotten and shouldn’t get kept on for the championship. His max level is league one and that’s a fact.

Chalmers plays more bad games than good, when he’s bad he’s really bad.

For all the injuries we badly miss fisher and bene at the back.
Hamilton being able to play in midfield.
Todd and Kane for a bit of creativity.

A striker who can actually be a handful for defences and score a few goals would be amazing haha

Would have swapped both our “strikers” just for Paton last night.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 13:38

Chalmers feels like a luxury player in a team that can’t afford to have luxury players, can hit a decent long ball with no one on him but as soon as pressure is there he can get his pocket picked or horrible mis time a pass.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 13:42

Good post raymie

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 13:53

“His main role is to take the ball off the defenders and try to advance it into the wide men or the forwards.”

I honestly cannot recall a Joe Chalmers performance that he done this with authority. He passes it sideways and backwards mainly. Last night he spent more time pointing others to pass the ball elsewhere. Our midfield lacks so much creativity, you cannot afford to play him n Paul Allan together.

He looked good last year because that is his level, end of. Yes he’s a product of the Celtic youth academy and played for a couple of premiership teams. But there is a reason he’s had to drop down to this level. I know a couple of Ayr United fans and they were glad to see the back of him. Sadly..we’re stuck with him for the foreseeable.

Post Edited (Sat 06 Jan 13:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 14:06

Injury list was crazy last night. There’s no one to blame.

Hopefully, the team can mend a little bit by next Saturday. If not, then play the U18s.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 14:35

Have a look at the highlights of the Rovers game and you`ll see Chalmers play a quick, accurate, perfectly-paced forward pass to Summers which caught their defence flat-footed as he set off on his goal-scoring run. When folk only mention him in a bad way you know they`ve made their minds up about him no matter what he does.

I see it at every game and it`s the same on here regarding certain players. It`s almost as if they`re willing them to make a mistake just to confirm their pre-conceived opinions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The moose  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 14:38

Quote:

USMac, Sat 6 Jan 14:06

Injury list was crazy last night. There’s no one to blame.

Hopefully, the team can mend a little bit by next Saturday. If not, then play the U18s.

Really. Wake up and smell the coffee 😩

BCM
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 15:02

So one forward pass that led to an individual goal and that makes up for the other stuff? For shirking responsibility as a senior player? For slowing down play? For being ridiculously one footed? Cool.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 15:33

I think accusing Chalmers of shirking responsibility is way off the mark. I think it was Raymie who said he doesn`t hide even after a mistake.

The big story last night was that we had 4 players apparently playing when not 100% fit and another experienced player who had to be replaced after less than 20 minutes by a kid who had never started a senior game. But no, it was another chance to have a pop at Chalmers and Wighton, another favourite scapegoat, who was one of those carrying an injury.

I really hope our players steer well clear of this forum. It`s absolute poison, especially when we need to stick together.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 15:43

The responsibility thing I mentioned last night during the game - Fenton went on a run from the back and looked to get it forward. Chalmers immediately, and without looking, played it back to Hamilton. He will almost always look to play the simple, low risk pass, even if that means going backwards when there is a forward pass on. I absolutely don`t mind him losing possession if he tries to progress the ball and it doesn`t come off. My issue is when he takes the easy option or plays it to someone under pressure because it means he won`t be the one to lose the ball, it`ll be the centre half. Or when he slows things down and spins to get it onto his left foot and allows the defenders to get back.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 15:47

If he could have a wee look over his shoulder when receiving the ball he`d buy himself an extra second or two or be able to take the ball on the half turn and realise if he had any opponent pressing him closely, but it seems too laboured taking extra touches to pivot onto his left foot and often kills any forward momentum we have or allows opponents to get back behind the ball and regain their defensive shape. Not talking Iniesta or Xavi stuff here; Paul Paton was very effective at scanning like that getting the ball in tight spaces with his back to the opposing goal.

All for experienced heads killing a game or slowing it down if it gets a bit frantic and end to end but not when we are on a promising counter attack or chasing a game.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Sat 06 Jan 15:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 15:55

You seem to be obsessed with him, kp. Do you subject all our players to such intense scrutiny? He can`t be the only one failing to reach the standards you expect. I see players taking the easy option all the time, presumably to avoid conceding possession. It`s frustrating but maybe they are playing to instructions.

Post Edited (Sat 06 Jan 16:05)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 16:51

And you seen intent on seeing the best of him even when everyone else sees something else. I think Wighton gets too much stick here (as did other forwards we`ve had who you`d bote your hand off for now, notably Clark and McManus) and O`Halloran does too (he`s looked reasonable enough to me and has been playing with various illnesses and knocks). But I thought the praise Chalmers got last year was over the top and ad someone we actually paid money for and who - as you keep pointing out has experience at this level above - I don`t think it`s unreasonable to expect something more than one decent forward pass a week. As TAFKA points out above, I don`t think we as fans are being unrealistic or demanding things that are above his - or anyone else`s capabilities, so why not be critical when he or anyone else doesn`t perform? I`d argue that never being critical of anything is a much stranger and less common way of following football tbh.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 17:12

It`s not the case that `everyone else` sees nothing good in Chalmers. Quite a few on here think he is scapegoated. You also contradict yourself when you say he`s not playing to his capabilities. This morning you were dismissing the fact that he`d spent all but one season in the Championship or Premiership as an indicator of his ability. Which is it?

If your final point is an accusation that I never post anything critical of the club or the players then I can only conclude that you don`t read all my posts.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 17:15

Raymi, are you saying chalmers is decent so long as the others in the team are capable for covering for him but it’s bad as those guys are injured?

That’s not great, you’re essentially saying better players around him will carry him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 17:23

Don`t think you`re understanding the ethos of the game Berkey. You see, essentially it`s a team game, and the various skills of each player contribute to the whole. Chalmers has gifts that those around him don`t possess thus the fact that he has more assists than any other team member. And his fellow team members possess skills that he doesn`t have. None of the players "carry" any of the others but their individual skills serve to compliment each other. You see Berkey, a TEAM game. But I`m sure you knew that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 17:30

Cheers, Paralex. Saved me the bother. I’m off for a shower. Cold afternoon on the golf course

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 17:32

Ah right, so as long as we’re in riding high league 1 he’ll do well on assists. .

But at this level, we’ll need better players round him to make up for the flaws despite his ‘gifts’ continuing to contribute next to nothing….

Post Edited (Sat 06 Jan 17:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 17:50

Have to say that I don`t recognise the player you`re describing. Theres no doubt that he`s made a few more mistakes than usual in recent games and I would put that down to the less experienced players around him. He needs a bit more space to spray the balls around. If Todd and Hamilton were beside him in midfield, I reckon that would help. But even in this league he has demonstrated, in earlier games, that he`s well up to the task.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 17:59

One thing I think we can all agree on is that none of our players have been setting heather on fire recently. Reason ? If some are carrying knocks then that does not help. But the main reason will be confidence which is a major factor in football and it is fair to say ours is at a low ebb just now. It’s up to the senior players to step up and dig deep and lead by example. There was precious little of that on display last night.
Ultimately in a results based business. The manager carries the can ( blame )

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 18:03

I don`t think anyone is to blame. It`s wrong to single people out. There are things we can do better for sure. That`s not blaming anyone. There have been individual mistakes in games, but it happens.its not something someone is deliberately doing, which would be wrong and to whom you could attach blame. It`s important to distinguish, I think. You can only give of your best under the circumstances
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 18:12

We never gave our best last night. We were miles off it…Even the manager alluded to that..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 18:16

Interestingly, this is the first time I recall James McPake coming out after the game and stating that the opposition wanted it more. He praised Wighton and Hamilton for playing through injury, and singled out Summers for trying to `make things happen`. I`m guessing that means everyone else was $hite.

I hope this serves to motivate the players, but I`m slightly concerned it might have the opposite effect.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 18:16

I don`t think it`s contradictory at all to look at someone`s career trajectory and conclude that maybe there`s a reason it is a fairly steady downwards curve? If he`d bounced about clubs going up and down (let`s say he went Celtic - Inverness - Motherwell -Ayr - Ross County - Dunfermline) then you`d have to say yes, there must be something there that bigger clubs are taking a punt on him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 18:26

Joe Chalmers is a decent player.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 18:27

Topic Originator: Paralex like
Date: Sat 6 Jan 17:50

Have to say that I don`t recognise the player you`re describing. Theres no doubt that he`s made a few more mistakes than usual in recent games and I would put that down to the less experienced players around him. He needs a bit more space to spray the balls around. If Todd and Hamilton were beside him in midfield, I reckon that would help. But even in this league he has demonstrated, in earlier games, that he`s well up to the task.

Chalmers would be the first name on my team sheet
He is by far our best player and he covers more ground than any other pars player
He is the first to challenge/disrupt any attack .. he defends .. Always makes himself available and never hides
When he passes back or sideways it is because there is no other option
When the option is available he will slide a goal scoring pass
Only how I see him .. others might not

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 18:40

Chalmers has cost us 2 goals in the past 2 games by faffing about with the ball.
Our play is far to slow and the team tend to pass back all the time… pas across….pass back etc.
They need to move the ball quick when attacking and Chalmers slows the play down.
BUT if he was played with Hamilton who can win the ball in his normal position?
McPake is trying to put players in positions he never signed them up for with our injury crisis.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 19:00

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/?post_type=fp&p=4858484

For those that think some fans are being over critical following last night`s game, read the above. Our manager thought we were shoite as well. Pity some of our serial rose tinted glasses brigade still can`t see it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 19:04

Find me a Pars fan who thinks we played well lady night

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 19:45

da no 1 , maybe your post is correct ! that many of our players played like a lady last night ( women couldn`t be any worse than what was on view ) LoL

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 19:55

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like
Date: Sat 6 Jan 19:04

Find me a Pars fan who thinks we played well lady night

Stopped reading at ..Find..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jan 20:16

Well I was going to say the pars ladies could play better but trust me that will not be true😅😅

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Muppet Par  
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 00:36

Whoever is in recruitment, whoever decided to get rid of Todorov but keep that fraud Wighton. I know Todorov wasn’t great but Christ he was better than that lazy waste of space. The board seem like they couldn’t give a toss about the team. A manager who insists on playing 3 centre backs when only 1 is fit. It’s a mess from top to bottom. Has been for years.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 07:31

Quote:

Muppet Par, Sun 7 Jan 00:36

Whoever is in recruitment, whoever decided to get rid of Todorov but keep that fraud Wighton. I know Todorov wasn’t great but Christ he was better than that lazy waste of space. The board seem like they couldn’t give a toss about the team. A manager who insists on playing 3 centre backs when only 1 is fit. It’s a mess from top to bottom. Has been for years.

What a terrible post. I take it you consider yourself a Pars fan, Muppet Par? If you don`t rate a certain player, that`s fair enough, but why not just say so? To refer to Wighton as a "lazy waste of space" is both offensive and insulting. Do you honestly think you`re a better judge of a player than a succession of managers who have signed/played him? Are you not aware that he is playing while not fully fit and has done so on a number of previous occasions for us.

I will give you one thing, though. You obviously put far more thought into choosing your user name than you did before typing that post. 🙄

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 10:39

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 6 Jan 18:27

Topic Originator: Paralex like
Date: Sat 6 Jan 17:50

Chalmers would be the first name on my team sheet
He is by far our best player and he covers more ground than any other pars player
He is the first to challenge/disrupt any attack .. he defends .. Always makes himself available and never hides
When he passes back or sideways it is because there is no other option
When the option is available he will slide a goal scoring pass
Only how I see him .. others might not

Absolutely mental stuff
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 10:45

Chalmers is our best player !!! we are in dire straits if that is the case, that would probably make Wighton our 2nd best

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 10:48

I personally don’t think Chalmers is a bad player. Others have already explained that he is a different type of player than others and one of the few able to hit a good forward pass a defence splitting pass.

Almost all of Billy Gilmore’s passes are 10-20 yards- the easy option.

However there is no way Chalmers covers more ground than any other Pars player and I would also respectfully suggest that his defensive capabilities are almost not existent. He is powderpuff in a challenge and rarely wins any.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 10:50

In terms of contracts, who are we stuck with on multi-year deals? Mehmet has another 2.5yrs. I`m sure Wighton and Chalmers both have another year. Ouch.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 10:55

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 7 Jan 10:50

In terms of contracts, who are we stuck with on multi-year deals? Mehmet has another 2.5yrs. I`m sure Wighton and Chalmers both have another year. Ouch.

O halloran has another year, jakubiak is out of contract in May, it would be better if it was the other way about.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 11:38

I have always been puzzled by the length of contract extended to these players , none were a success in the championship previously .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 17:03

Stopped reading when some roaster suggested Chalmers is our best player. Bwahahahahahahahaha. Cheers for the laugh.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 17:04

Perhaps I am that roaster GG4 ? .. Ach Weel

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 17:10

Mehmet, o’hallaran, chalmers, wighton all here next year regardless. I’d wager those 4 will be near our top earners too so no chance of offloading.

Any improvement on current performances next season is going to be down to the youngsters and loans as we are not a club that can afford to bench all of the above and still have quality experience in the team.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 17:48

Look on the bright side, Berkey. You`ll still be able to moan about these players next season.

Re O`Halloran he still has a bit of pace and football nous about him. I wouldn`t say he has been a poor signing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 18:06

See the bother ye`ve caused GG4 .. Mrs BPP saw yer post and said Oooooh maybe we still could ye ken ... Ah said put yer glasses on hen .. am a Roaster no a Rooster

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 18:49

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 7 Jan 18:06

See the bother ye`ve caused GG4 .. Mrs BPP saw yer post and said Oooooh maybe we still could ye ken ... Ah said put yer glasses on hen .. am a Roaster no a Rooster

😂

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: adj27  
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 20:42

For me Chalmers is just not up to it at this level - he constantly gets caught on the ball and his complete lack of pace means opposition players simply drift past him in the middle of the park.

As one of the few players playing in his normal position on Friday night against a poor Queen’s team you’d expect him to be taking the game by the scruff of the neck but he was very poor and practically disappeared in the second half.

I suspect he’d be getting very little game time if it wasn’t for the injury situation at present.

Andy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 21:29

Honestly if anyone has looked at Chalmers in a game he can’t move the ball… 4,5 touches and slows the whole game down meaning he has to pass the ball back🤷
O’halleron is just a waste of a wage.. runs back and sideways so needs someone to telll him to run forward to cross a ball.
Jakubiak and I’ll be honest can run with a ball…but can’t hardly do much after that..

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 21:32

According to wikipedia Chalmers has started 17 league games and he came on as a sub in the other 2. He is the only player who has appeared in every league game. You might not rate him but the manager obviously does.

Post Edited (Sun 07 Jan 21:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 21:57

I think Chalmers is a pretty decent player at this level. He`s never going to be an all action game winner but he`s a solid enough player.
He never hides, he`s always ready to take a pass and keeps possession very well. I think he makes those around him play better, and would look a better player in a better team.
Things are pretty bleak with the current injury crisis, rather than look to apportion blame, we, as fans should be getting right behind all our players
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 7 Jan 23:58

I agree with red-star-par about Chalmers, his role in the team is to collect the ball from whoever has it in the defence or midfield, and process it on to another Pars player. There is no-one else on the books who can do it as well or as willingly. We`re obviously missing the likes of Todd, Hosler or even McCann who could cause damage from his passes, but IMO we would be a poorer team without his involvement.

And I hate the title of this thread - things are obviously very tough for the players and management right now - McPake looked absolutely distraught after the QP game and several players are clearly putting the interests of DAFC before their own personal wellbeing.

It`s understandable that everyone is unhappy when the team loses, but our role as fans is surely to support the team in adversity, not just at the match (to be fair, I think the fans who attend give terrific support) but also on social media which players read, rightly or wrongly. With half the season to go it`s far too early for an inquest.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 07:00

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 7 Jan 21:32

According to wikipedia Chalmers has started 17 league games and he came on as a sub in the other 2. He is the only player who has appeared in every league game. You might not rate him but the manager obviously does.

Or we don`t have a replacement fit....

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 07:37

Quote:

Stanza, Sun 7 Jan 23:58

I agree with red-star-par about Chalmers, his role in the team is to collect the ball from whoever has it in the defence or midfield, and process it on to another Pars player. There is no-one else on the books who can do it as well or as willingly. We`re obviously missing the likes of Todd, Hosler or even McCann who could cause damage from his passes, but IMO we would be a poorer team without his involvement.

And I hate the title of this thread - things are obviously very tough for the players and management right now - McPake looked absolutely distraught after the QP game and several players are clearly putting the interests of DAFC before their own personal wellbeing.

It`s understandable that everyone is unhappy when the team loses, but our role as fans is surely to support the team in adversity, not just at the match (to be fair, I think the fans who attend give terrific support) but also on social media which players read, rig⁶htly or wrongly. With half the season to go it`s far too early for an inquest.

Agree Stanza, that`s the very definition of a supporter. Nobody wants to lose games. At this time it`s more important to get behind the team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 08:08

Top post, Stanza.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 08:30

Good post Stanza, but just to add some balance - where you say "McPake looked absolutely distraught after the QP game and several players are clearly putting the interests of DAFC before their own personal wellbeing", it is also clear to see that some players didn`t `want it` as much as QP (McPake admitted this after the match). I think most of us can forgive players for lacking in quality 100% of the time as long as they put their all into the match and show some sense of urgency!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 08:48

Good posts red star and Stanza

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: halbe  
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 09:22

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend like
Date: Sat 6 Jan 08:50

"I think some of the stick Chalmers gets here is unfair. Chalmers` strengths are not making tackles, chasing down opponents, winning balls in the air and making lung bursting runs in to the box.His main role is to take the ball off the defenders and try to advance it into the wide men or the forwards. His other role involves the taking of most of the set pieces. He performs these roles pretty well, IMO, and rarely hides, even when things are not going well.Would I play Chalmers in the same midfield alongside Summers, Allan and Moffat? Absolutely not. Would I play Chalmers in a midfield containing the likes of Hamilton, Otoo, Edwards, Todd and Hosler? Absolutely. A good team is all about balance - you need a blend of experience, youthfulness, ball winners, playmakers, goal scorers and energy.Right now, the manager is being forced to put square pegs in round holes, play players who are not fully fit and play players who are out of form".

Far too sensible and insightful a post for this forum or thread Raymie....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 09:45

Quote:

neilholland999, Mon 8 Jan 08:30

" ... it is also clear to see that some players didn`t `want it` as much as QP (McPake admitted this after the match). I think most of us can forgive players for lacking in quality 100% of the time as long as they put their all into the match and show some sense of urgency!

I know McPake said that, but I suspect it was said at least in part due to post-match frustration because his senior players didn`t contribute enough. To be fair to them, we had 5 guys playing through injury/illness (Hamilton, Allan, Wighton, O`Halloran, Summers), 3 untested youngsters (Fenton, Hoggan, Sutherland) and after losing Comrie and Jakubiak we had only 4 fit players (Mehmet, Edwards, Chalmers, Moffat). Our bench at the end consisted of 2 keepers and Jake Sutherland. It was a big ask of them.

There`s no doubt QP seemed sharper, more focussed and clearer in what their role was, but at the moment the whole playing staff and management seem psychologically (and understandably punch-drunk with the injury blows. The big task for McPake & co is to get everyone, including himself, past the "poor us" state and get them believing that if they all pull together and work their socks off for each other they have the talent to win matches. That`s another big ask!

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 10:25

Yet another excellent post from Stanza.

Is there any chance we could get a "like" facility so we could save our typing fingers from fatigue? 😀

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 10:33

Why did we dispense with the `like`/`dislike` facility? It was a good way of assessing the consensus of the forum on contentious issues.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 10:40

I don`t think it ever worked on the app so the like/dislike was probably not reflective of a lot of the user base
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 12:15

Quote:

Jeffery, Mon 8 Jan 10:40

I don`t think it ever worked on the app so the like/dislike was probably not reflective of a lot of the user base

It seems to work fine on the EEB.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 12:27

EEB is a different platform. It`d be good to see dotnet on something more modern but appreciate it`s not as simple as that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 19:14

Re chalmers is it really out the realms of possibility for us to be able to afford a defensive midfielder who can play a forward pass to the more creative players, have moderate pace and make a tackle?

Last time in this league we had pybus who wasn’t a world beater by any means but was night and day better in the role chalmers is currently playing.

Has the bar been lowered for what some consider to be a good player at this level?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 19:31

Berkey I know you are on the wind up ..

1 You have just described Joe in your first paragraph .. So why would we replace like for like ?

2 Never saw pybus play at night TBH .. was he in his jim jams ?

3 Don`t think we can lower the bar as it would be against SFA regulations

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 19:39

Now claiming Pybus is better than Chalmers when they are 2 different types of player 🤦🏻‍♂️ getting desperate now Berkey lad
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 19:46

It won`t be long before Berkey tells us we should never have let big Nat go.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 21:37

If you think Joe has moderate pace and can make a tackle you must not be paying attention.

Yes they are different types of players but if Joe isn’t offering anything with his ‘passing’ then he isn’t offering anything. I’d much rather have a player like pybus who if his passing is poor he at least gets wired in to try and get the ball back and can still influence a game.

But hey if your happy with what he gives you then each to their own….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 22:03

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 8 Jan 21:37

If you think Joe has moderate pace and can make a tackle you must not be paying attention.

Yes they are different types of players but if Joe isn’t offering anything with his ‘passing’ then he isn’t offering anything. I’d much rather have a player like pybus who if his passing is poor he at least gets wired in to try and get the ball back and can still influence a game.

But hey if your happy with what he gives you then each to their own….

Let`s face it Berkey, if The Pars had a midfield of Salah, Bellingham, De Bruyne and Super John McGinn, you would have absolutely nothing to moan about and your life would be dull and meaningless.
You probably secretly like Joe Chalmers as it gives you the opportunity to pick fault and whine about people on the Internet.
You must hate it when Dunfermline win, and you have nothing to moan about, not giving you the opportunity to crawl out the woodwork to revel in the defeats.
At least the current dip in form is giving your life some meaning
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 22:19

Berkey just tells the truth… Chalmers slows the whole play up and after his 5 touches passes backwords. There was chances to move the ball wide against the Rovers but hey ho… pass it back🤷

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Jan 23:08

He made the forward pass to Summers which led to our goal against the Rovers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 06:28

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 8 Jan 23:08

Oh Wee Eck…..Stop being so correct….😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 09:42

Chalmers is a decent footballer.
Good enough to be in a midfield trying to win the league, highly debatable, which we`re seeing on here.
He tries his best, he tries to keep possession and he does `show` himself for the ball, so he doesn`t hide.

If we didn`t have these injuries and McPake was able to field his top 11 most weeks I think he`d be in it, or at least a big contributor. He`d also have Matty, Hammy, Summers, Kane, Moffat, Otoo available depending on what tactics the manager is looking at.
So with all that in mind and with all those players available Chalmers could probably fit into a play-off pushing team, but league winning team, I doubt it.

He certainly isn`t a player who will take an injury depleted team by the scruff and drag them into a better position. He`s not that guy. And not really his fault tbf.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 10:03

That`s a fair summary of the situation I think but, for some reason, when things go wrong certain players get a disproportionate amount of stick and he is one of them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 17:48

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 8 Jan 23:08

Summers was barely over the half way line when he received the simplest of balls from Chalmers. He then motored himself to just outside the Rovers box, gliding past one player and with several defenders between him and the goal, fired it in. All the credit goes to Summers. You are almost implying that Chalmers put it on a plate for him!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 17:59

No cross par, only chalmers has the gift to be able to have played that ball.

Plenty other players at this level would have played it and also would also have other aspects to their game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 18:03

I was responding to the post immediately above mine which said that Chalmers never passed the ball forwards against the Rovers. Unfortunately a lot of our `supporters` have selective vision when watching certain players.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 18:07

Still no signings, hardly surprising though

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 18:54

We will be waiting for the stars that nobody else wants

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 19:50

We’ll be waiting for the quality to appear out Dundee’s bench

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 20:12

Quote:

parsfan97, Tue 9 Jan 19:50

We’ll be waiting for the quality to appear out Dundee’s bench

As long as its Lee Ashcroft

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 20:36

Defo would take Ashcroft, I’d even give a reprieve on the he only signs players he or his assistant have worked with previously jibes!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Jan 20:41

Lee Ashcroft would be a good move if he was happy to come back.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 06:42

Quote:

Indiapar, Tue 9 Jan 20:41

Lee Ashcroft would be a good move if he was happy to come back.

Also would give Otto the option to go further up and Hamilton back to his natural position if and when we get injuries back.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 12:48

Agree with this, it would be great to have 2 experienced centre backs in a team that players with 352 rather than just having the one, this is a big jump in level from last season.

Plus it means we can get Hamilton and ideally otoo in our passive midfield so we can get on the front foot in games.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 13:40

Ashcroft apparently heading to Starks park

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 20:47

That would be a bit of a sickener gordi, although I’m guessing it might force mcpake to look outside of comfort zone for players!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 21:53

Can see the board settling for 8th place after our injury prone season and sticking with the squad we have

G.B
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net