DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Competing financially with Raith
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 20:12

Surely match attendance and hospitality etc how are they getting one over us on every deal. Personally I think if they don’t go up the bubble will burst.I don’t think the money man from Kelty can keep this up because he is no millionaire.It also makes me wonder how new signings want to play on a plastic pitch most games.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Competing financially with Raith
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 20:24

Quote:

FRED1981, Fri 26 Jan 20:12

Surely match attendance and hospitality etc how are they getting one over us on every deal. Personally I think if they don’t go up the bubble will burst.I don’t think the money man from Kelty can keep this up because he is no millionaire.It also makes me wonder how new signings want to play on a plastic pitch most games.

They never spent a season in league 1 last year,

We have different signing philosophies.

Our budget may actually be closer to theirs but we`ve spent most of ours already,

No one was grumbling when Bene left them for us.

Football clubs go through peaks and troughs with budgets, just so happens we are in a trough while they are in a peak. That will swing about many times over the next 10 years.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 20:28

We really are “the wee team” now!
Embarrassing we can’t get players in as they would rather sign for Raith. But hey ho the club has a 10 year plan and we will be ok…😅

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 20:30

I`ve never been embarrassed to say I`m a Pars fan

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 20:41

Listening to Ian Murray on the Open Goal podcast last week, he stated their transfer budget is the same as last season because they chose to spend part of their budget on improving the stadium. I don’t believe for a minute they’re gambling and the bubble could burst, they left Kelty in a fairly decent position and they’re only getting started with Raith.

It’s maybe not a popular opinion but could the owners not just be pretty decent at running a football club? They worked wonders with Kelty and have hit the ground running at Raith. Maybe their fortunes will turn? Only time will tell, but unfortunately they’re streets ahead of us at the moment. I’m sure it won’t stay that way forever but we just need to accept that for now…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 20:42

Quote:

Alter Ego, Fri 26 Jan 20:28

Embarrassing we can’t get players in as they would rather sign for Raith. But hey ho the club has a 10 year plan and we will be ok…😅

We were also the wee team last year. Next season maybe different.

Football players want to win matches and be successful, like it or not there is a better chance of that happening at Raith,

The real issue would be if one of our players left us out of contract for Raith. Then we really would be the wee team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 21:16

The consortium who took over Raith included Colin Smart who sold his care home business for 40 million quid a couple of years back.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 21:25

Our German owners run a shipping business worth millions a year🤷

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 22:18

Quote:

RossF, Fri 26 Jan 20:41

Listening to Ian Murray on the Open Goal podcast last week, he stated their transfer budget is the same as last season because they chose to spend part of their budget on improving the stadium. I don’t believe for a minute they’re gambling and the bubble could burst, they left Kelty in a fairly decent position and they’re only getting started with Raith.

It’s maybe not a popular opinion but could the owners not just be pretty decent at running a football club? They worked wonders with Kelty and have hit the ground running at Raith. Maybe their fortunes will turn? Only time will tell, but unfortunately they’re streets ahead of us at the moment. I’m sure it won’t stay that way forever but we just need to accept that for now…

Dene Mckenzie tried to get out of Kelty before the end of last season, it was costing him an arm and a leg!

That information came from a well known football personality who was approached to take them over.

How many conservatory conversions are there?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 22:21

So the Kelty Hearts ex owner is blowing money again with Raith??

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 22:23

I think the difference between Colin Smart and people who run a shipping business who have share holders and indeed many others to answer to is pretty obvious.

Bottom line is, Raith have cash to burn and we do not…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 22:33

Tbh these people who run a shipping business have been very successful in that business…

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 22:40

Quote:

Alter Ego, Fri 26 Jan 22:33

Tbh these people who run a shipping business have been very successful in that business…

And did they get that successful by looking at the nearest rival shipping company with envy or did they stick to their own plan and beliefs about how to run a successful shipping company?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 23:07

😅 they have one of the biggest shipping organisations that generates a lot of £££
They have money

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 23:11

Shipping is a cyclical industry. Full of peaks and troughs. The peaks can be massive, and the troughs can be immense. It demands long-term thinking and an ability to sustain through tough times. If you order a ship to be built, it usually takes two to three years before it slides down the slipway, and you can start earning money from it. Patience is required.

Thanks to events in Israel and the Red Sea, freight rates for shipping have more than tripled since October. Two of our four original investors were involved in shipping, so they should be flush with cash right now.

That is why I have confidence in our investors. They have stipulated that they have a long-term plan for DAFC and that the club aims to self-fund eventually. They have the wherewithal to make it happen.

But we have to be patient too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralytic77  
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 23:26

He is a millionaire
Several million

Post Edited (Fri 26 Jan 23:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Fri 26 Jan 23:58

Quote:

Alter Ego, Fri 26 Jan 20:28

Always funny the amount of people who don`t realise they will always be the Wee Team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 00:39

The Wee Team are gambling on success. Spending big money for as yet no success other than parachute payments for League Cup and Scottish Cup exits. Their gate money remains low for the league positions they have occupied this season, they sell hospitality at discounted rate for a reason, they cannot sell it out. The management team they have is top heavy on the wage bill. No promotion for the Wee Team is the likeliest outcome as Dundee United have real strength in depth in their squad and as Livingston proved the Wee Team are exactly that. End of the season summing up for them will be interesting after all most of this squad they have bottled the run in last season. Finances through lack of money generated this season and no success may hit them hard. The Diddy Challenge Cup that they are very good at is their level and that gives no real reward, especially regards wealth.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 04:16

Topic Originator: Alter Ego like
Date: Fri 26 Jan 21:25

“Our German owners run a shipping business worth millions a year🤷“

It is of no consequence how much the shipping business is worth if they will not invest some of this in our club

2022/23 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 05:42

Theres a difference between owning and running a current successful multi million pound business and selling a business in a multi million pound deal.

Can anyone thats moaning about the finances of the clubs tell the difference?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 07:28

Perhaps if we tried looking outside dens park we might find some players that rovers didn’t know were available or hadn’t thought about?

Mcpake going for players he has worked with while those same players don’t care and are more than happy to sign for the highest bidder.

I think the frustration comes from the fact that at this particular moment in time we desperately need some quality experienced heads, if we can’t compete now when desperate then it will be a lean few years.

Mind you when I look at the experienced players mcpake brought in last summer or kept on from last season it feels like he’s prioritising personality over what they can do for us on the pitch at this level. There’s not many we can ship out this summer either.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 08:04

Your gonna have a meltdown when jakubiak signs an extension.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 09:26

Quote:

weemike, Sat 27 Jan 08:04

Your gonna have a meltdown when jakubiak signs an extension.

Thing is, Jakubiaks been an alright signing by the looks of it……so Berkeys heads already gone on that one as hes an experienced pro thats ex Dundee 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 09:29

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 27 Jan 07:28

Perhaps if we tried looking outside dens park we might find some players that rovers didn’t know were available or hadn’t thought about?

Mcpake going for players he has worked with while those same players don’t care and are more than happy to sign for the highest bidder.

I think the frustration comes from the fact that at this particular moment in time we desperately need some quality experienced heads, if we can’t compete now when desperate then it will be a lean few years.

Mind you when I look at the experienced players mcpake brought in last summer or kept on from last season it feels like he’s prioritising personality over what they can do for us on the pitch at this level. There’s not many we can ship out this summer either.

Do you actually enjoy being a Pars fan Berkey? Genuinely?

We won the league at a canter last year and are on course to consolidate in the Championship, despite by far our worst ever injury crisis for the last 7 months……….and yet your still truly furious at everyone and everything
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 09:30

We should treat our counterparts at Rovers with due respect...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZSrd4y1c-E

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 10:02

Quote:

Dave_1885
Do you actually enjoy being a Pars fan Berkey? Genuinely?

Hard to say. The only thing I think we know is that he/she/they enjoy polluting every thread with the same stuff. I don`t mind him sharing his opinions but does it have to be repeated on every single football related thread? And 150% only when we`re on a wee sticky run. Virtually anonymous last season and anytime we win this season.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Jan 10:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 10:06

Won`t be a great season next year for the bean counters losing Dundee United`s travelling support twice a year and replacing them with Livvy......would only be worse financially if Hamilton made it up in place of Falkirk !

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 10:41

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Sat 27 Jan 10:06

Won`t be a great season next year for the bean counters losing Dundee United`s travelling support twice a year and replacing them with Livvy......would only be worse financially if Hamilton made it up in place of Falkirk !

But it’s the same for all the other teams.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pibroch  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 10:42

Quote:

OzPar, Sat 27 Jan 09:30

We should treat our counterparts at Rovers with due respect...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZSrd4y1c-E

Brilliant!! 👍😆🏁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 11:14

Whilst they are being doped by the cash until it runs out, we cannot compete with them financially. Hence why we need to be different in terms of our recruitment.

Any kind of bog standard top championship player comes available, they are in for them. And if what is being reported in terms of how much they are offering those players, it’s simply not worth attempting to compete in that particular market. Rudden, Murray, Dabrowski, Mullen - all of those offered significantly more money than other clubs offered.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 11:30

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 27 Jan 07:28

Exactly . McPake is limited tactically imo and the scouting team seem to be solely based in Dundee.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 11:34

Exactly . McPake is limited tactically imo and the scouting team seem to be solely based in Dundee.

This is nonsense the best signing he has made this year was from celtic
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 11:43

Quote:

weemike, Sat 27 Jan 11:34

The best signing ? You are having a laugh surely.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 11:44

How are you posting with a red card? 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 11:45

Quote:

jake89, Sat 27 Jan 11:44

Well spotted! Good work Halbeath

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 11:58

Quote:

jake89, Sat 27 Jan 11:44

I assume I was red carded in error and it’s been removed but still showing on the app.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 12:13

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Sat 27 Jan 11:43

Quote:

Whos been his best signing this year then? 🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 12:21

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 27 Jan 12:13

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Sat 27 Jan 11:43

Quote:

Struggling to think of one tbh.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 12:25

Otoo has been the in the top two performers this season along with Hamilton,

On potential alone he is by far our best signing.

Very happy he`s at DAFC, if you can`t agree then there is something wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 13:41

With the terrible injuries and lack of additional signings, I have resigned my expectations to simply mid table this season .

I dont think any other club has had the volume of key players out for half the season .

But saying that ,we haven`t been able to bring players in which is so disappointing.

So I will be happy for mid table
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 13:49

Quote:

weemike, Sat 27 Jan 12:25

Otoo has been the in the top two performers this season along with Hamilton,

On potential alone he is by far our best signing.

Very happy he`s at DAFC, if you can`t agree then there is something wrong.

Sorry my mistake . I thought he was signed last season . Apologies
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 14:04

Quote:

DrumRoad, Sat 27 Jan 04:16

It is of no consequence how much the shipping business is worth if they will not invest some of this in our club

Indeed, seeing them as a big time cash cow is wishful thinking.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 14:58

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 27 Jan 14:04

Quote:

What happened to the Kevin Nisbet money ?
Genuine question .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 15:36

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Sat 27 Jan 14:58

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 27 Jan 14:04

Quote:

What happened to the Kevin Nisbet money ?
Genuine question .

Covered the losses from last season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 16:28

I remember when we had Gavin Masterton in charge we were spending more money than we had. It seamed great at the time but remember what happened to us. Let us keep within our budget.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 16:59

I suppose a direct answer is that its not about competing financially more competing on the park. It doesn`t always necessarily follow more cash means better performances in our league. As others have said, it`s okay as long as the tap is on but it`s not sustainable to pour money into a club or any other business. I suspect that Raith and Dundee Utd may well be on the gamble of promotion. Gives you a feel good factor for a year or two but that`s about it I would have thought.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 17:01

After another defeat, think they need to get even more in?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 17:03

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 27 Jan 17:01

After another defeat, think they need to get even more in?

It`s the Rovers way

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 17:10

Jake Hyde on an amateur contract next.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 17:20

Probably sign Alex Samuel before their next game
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 17:22

Dundee United have lost 10 million in the last 5 years.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 17:32

The peak of which was a pumping in beautiful Alkmaar. What a club.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net