DAFC.net
Home 02 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Staring into the Abyss
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 12:01

I find it very uncomfortable that we appear to be in this uncontrollable downward spiral yet again & very much looking like we are heading back in to the seaside league for the 3rd time in 11 years (that would make it 5 out of 11 years since administration!)

I wish I had the answer, but if I did I don’t have the power to change things, however the current custodians of our club need to take a step back & have a long hard look at their intentions & our clubs future. Give the manager what he needs & that’s money, not lip service

I love our club & will support it no less in league one but come on guys seriously! this is not fun or a pleasure to watch or indeed to be part off

2022/23 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Staring into the Abyss
Topic Originator: MikeyDee  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 12:04

Too many panic merchants on here its laughable

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 12:40

Give the manager what he needs? The blame is on both sides here.

The wage budget could have been upped but it most definately could have been spent more wisely between those we have kept and those we brought in.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 12:40

After an aggregate of 0-8 past two home games and no goals scored since the last ice age, I`d say there`s plenty reason to panic.

Yet another season we find ourselves scrambling for loan players in the hope they keep us up. Wild that we are right back here again.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 12:41

No wins in 8, conceded 8 in our last two at home and second bottom of the league… I can see why people are starting to get worried!

Bringing in Kane is an excellent addition that will hopefully help us up top but we still need an addition in midfield and in defence. Both areas haven’t been pulling their weight recently and we’re still waiting on key players to return.

Hopefully our fortunes will change on Saturday but if we played anything similar to the last two weeks, we don’t stand a chance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 12:47

Quote:

MikeyDee, Thu 15 Feb 12:04

Too many panic merchants on here its laughable

They scoffed two seasons back when it was suggested we’d be playing in the same league as Kelty.
It’s certainly not panic but a recognition from some that we are showing very little at the moment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 13:02

I keep seeing all the disrespectful comments about ‘seaside league’…

Seaside like
Falkirk
Hamilton
Alloa
Kelty
Stirling Albion
Fc Edinburgh
QOS
Annan

The only ones that could be ‘seaside’ are
Montrose
Cove Rangers

Granted, a few are near rivers
Falkirk, Annan, Alloa, Stirling, maybe even Edinburgh

But if you include them, you also get both Edinburgh clubs, both Dundee clubs, Pars, Wee team, East Fife, Morton, Dumbarton, ICT, Ross County,

Not to mention the real seaside clubs
Aberdeen, Arbroath, Kilmarnock, Ayr

Post Edited (Thu 15 Feb 13:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 13:16

I`d be a lot more depressed if we didn`t have 8 of our first-team squad out injured with the prospect of the majority being available in the next week or two. The manager is actively trying to reinforce the squad but getting the right players in this window isn`t straightforward.

There has been a lot of discussion on here about various aspects of the club that fans are worried about. I don`t think another thread is going to help.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 13:27

Karma, law of averages or whatever else balancing out from last year where we had an incredible run with injuries whether it be luck, a good medical department or a wee bit of both.

Total opposite this time around. No team in the country - outwith perhaps the Old Firm who have enough £££ to have adequate cover in every position - could cope with as many 1st team players missing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 14:41

Good luck to any sporting side in any competition who has had the injury situation we`ve had. Not just any old squad members either, in my view we`ve lost our three most effective players for the duration of the season pretty much.

Add that happening in a phase where we`re clearly directing spend towards the training/academy facilities.

Combine those with a cost of living crisis (let`s not forget the private healthcare costs).

Of course mistakes will have been made (I`m not a fan of McPakes rigidity) but we`re dealing with an unprecedented set of circumstances.

The way out of it? Keep the heid, hard work, hope things turn.

Or find a magic money pit. Do you have a magic money pit?

(Anyone who replies with "well he handed out contracts to x, y and z" is getting completely ignored. I`ve read the same things over and over and over again. What`s done is done. How to we deal with the current situation?)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 14:53

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Thu 15 Feb 14:41

Good luck to any sporting side in any competition who has had the injury situation we`ve had. Not just any old squad members either, in my view we`ve lost our three most effective players for the duration of the season pretty much.

Add that happening in a phase where we`re clearly directing spend towards the training/academy facilities.

Combine those with a cost of living crisis (let`s not forget the private healthcare costs).

Of course mistakes will have been made (I`m not a fan of McPakes rigidity) but we`re dealing with an unprecedented set of circumstances.

(Anyone who replies with "well he handed out contracts to x, y and z" is getting completely ignored. I`ve read the same things over and over and over again. What`s done is done. How to we deal with the current situation?)

The manager is responsible for getting the best out of the squad on a Saturday afternoon,

Players will get injured,
Squad members will be missing,

Ultimately the manager is responsible for getting the best results possible with the tools he has,

I am starting to believe the manager is not good enough and other managers could have got better results in our last 8 games the the players at his disposal,

Most of our squad if released tomorrow would get snapped up by other championship squads so it`s not the quality of the 1st 11,

But admittedly the first 11 could be stronger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunPar  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 14:56

Abyss ? We’re only 8 points from play off position with 14 games to go !! Plenty time to get there…….we’ll start our run on Saturday……..wait and see !

Post Edited (Thu 15 Feb 19:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 15:35

For any poster who dipped out of geography at school - Alloa is not near a river, it’s on the Forth.
Never seaside though !!! 😁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 15:55

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Thu 15 Feb 14:41

Good post, Rusty, but most posters have already made up their mind as to who`s at fault for the club`s current league position and nothing you can say is going to change their minds.

BTW, how do we know that McPake has the final say on who gets a contract, how long it is and how much it`s worth? I`m not saying it`s not the case, I`m asking how anyone can make such a statement with any certainty?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 15:58

There are definitely some quick wins to be had here.

Get the tempo up
Get in the oppositions faces
Get up the park
Work yourself into the ground

Results will follow

It`s football not rocket science. Coyp
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 16:17

Topic Originator: veteraneastender
Date: Thu 15 Feb 15:35

For any poster who dipped out of geography at school - Alloa is not near a river, it’s on the Forth.
Never seaside though !!! 😁

It was when ah wis a bairn vee :-o))

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 16:17

Good post, Rusty, but most posters have already made up their mind as to who`s at fault for the club`s current league position and nothing you can say is going to change their minds.

BTW, how do we know that McPake has the final say on who gets a contract, how long it is and how much it`s worth? I`m not saying it`s not the case, I`m asking how anyone can make such a statement with any certainty?

Do you think then Mcpake has gotten the most points in the last 8 games that was possible? Or was their more points to be won that another manager could`ve gotten us?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 16:45

We`ll never know the answer to that question, mike, so there`s nothing to be gained really by speculating.

On the question of final say on transfers and contracts just about every possibility has been put forward - McPake/Cook/Meggle/any combination of those three/ the board. That way, everybody`s to blame!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 16:49

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 15 Feb 16:45

We`ll never know the answer to that question, mike, so there`s nothing to be gained really by speculating.

On the question of final say on transfers and contracts just about every possibility has been put forward - McPake/Cook/Meggle/any combination of those three/ the board. That way, everybody`s to blame!

It`s a question about opinions,

In my opinion that squad was capable of getting more points than what they got.

Therefore the manager is not getting the best results with the tools at his disposal.

If there is nothing to be gained by speculation then let`s not bother getting any more signings as it`s pure speculation that they`ll be any good.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 16:59

`In my opinion that squad was capable of getting more points than what they got.

Therefore the manager is not getting the best results with the tools at his disposal.`

I think that`s what`s known in the trade as a `non-sequitur`! Speculate as much as you like but just because it`s your opinion doesn`t make it right. The difference between us speculating on here and the manager speculating on players is that his choices are going to be tested in the real word but ours won`t be tested anywhere except in our heads.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 17:20

What a delightful thread to view twa days before the weekend

I’m awa to eat wurms

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 17:34

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 15 Feb 16:59

`In my opinion that squad was capable of getting more points than what they got.

Therefore the manager is not getting the best results with the tools at his disposal.`

I think that`s what`s known in the trade as a `non-sequitur`! Speculate as much as you like but just because it`s your opinion doesn`t make it right. The difference between us speculating on here and the manager speculating on players is that his choices are going to be tested in the real word but ours won`t be tested anywhere except in our heads.

So we shouldn`t speculate or ask for opinions then because it doesn`t matter in the real world?

I`m curious,

Do you think Mcpake has maximised his points tally in the last 8 games?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 17:39

Of course he hasn`t maximised them because there were 24 to play for but who is to say what an attainable total was in these games? Everyone thinks their assessment is right but what if two differ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 17:47

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 15 Feb 17:39

Of course he hasn`t maximised them because there were 24 to play for but who is to say what an attainable total was in these games? Everyone thinks their assessment is right but what if two differ?

That`s the beauty of a discussion,

As long as people don`t get irritated by another`s opinion then there is no harm in it.

In my opinion Mcpake could have got more points, 24 is unrealistic but 6 or 9 extra points was not beyond reach.

In my opinion he is not performing or has not got the squad performing to the standard they are capable of! Irrespective of injuries.

What do you think?
Has he done the best he could considering the circumstances we find ourselves in?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 18:01

Quote:

weemike, Thu 15 Feb 16:17

Do you think then Mcpake has gotten the most points in the last 8 games that was possible? Or was their more points to be won that another manager could`ve gotten us?

Not sure what you`re asking, weemike. The way you`ve couched your question, I mean. Another manager (Pep or Klopp) may have been able to inspire our decimated squad to a maximum of 24 pts from our last 8 games, but I doubt it. They would probably have managed more than McPake, because they`re the best around. How many points have the Pars managed in the last 8 games and why did you pick this number? I rather suspect that`s when our injury situation took a turn for the worse and was mirrored by results on the field.

I`ve pointed out on another thread that sacking the current management team and hiring another is a bit more complicated than going to the supermarket for bread or milk. Occasionally, bringing in a new manager during the season has the desired effect. More often, it makes little differencethingsand sometimes it makes things even worse. Stand up John Hughes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 18:07

Coat us a fortune last time and that was with Falkirk in the league. After hearing cooks comments at the last supporters meeting regarding the financial implications I doubt we can afford to go down.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 18:11

I`m asking because I don`t believe the management team are performing aswell as the points return suggests,

3 points out of 24,

This squad is more than capable of a better return (in my opinion)

I am asking what is your opinion?

Was 3 pts the best we could`ve wished for given the situ?

Just cos we`ve been stung by a bad change doesn`t mean we should be scared to do it again,

Last year we were one of two full time teams in a part time league, we should be mindful that a top two finish was the minimum we should accept,

Romanticing and showing loyalty can only ho so far when we know the manager would be off if a much better offer came in.

We are very close to results not being good enough in a results based business.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 18:25

The squad? Half of them are unavailable. How fast can you go.in your car with 2 flat tyres?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 18:34

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 15 Feb 18:25

The squad? Half of them are unavailable. How fast can you go.in your car with 2 flat tyres?

The squad......which the manager chose. Is one which he decided was good enough to compete in this league,

Irrespective of the injuries which have been horrible.

The squad should still be performing better.

Case in point would be the decision to play 3 youngsters at the back v morton.

Does the manager get a complete pass then?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 18:47

Quote:

weemike, Thu 15 Feb 18:34

Quote:

The squad......which the manager chose. Is one which he decided was good enough to compete in this league,

Irrespective of the injuries which have been horrible.

The squad should still be performing better.

Case in point would be the decision to play 3 youngsters at the back v morton.

Does the manager get a complete pass then?

Literally no-one has said that. However folk are willing to give him a bit of leeway. FWIW I`m undecided but can see the rational in giving him time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 18:50

No one can deny that 3 points from a possible 24 is dire and is definately relegation form, an unthinkable defeat on Saturday will send this forum into meltdown, hopefully the addition of a new face and the support getting behind the team will be enough to claim three points COYP.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 18:54

Yeah, sack the manager then the new one gets the benefit of the injured players returning, results improve and then wee mike & co can say `Told you so!`

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 19:25

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 15 Feb 18:54

Yeah, sack the manager then the new one gets the benefit of the injured players returning, results improve and then wee mike & co can say `Told you so!`

I`m not here to gloat. I just want the team performing to the best of their ability,

What concerns me is we have never been a free scoring team, even last season.

But that Morton game was an absolute farce and the reluctance to change things is what has set alarm bells off for me.

I want Mcpake to do well. And I want us to progress. But when is it time to say enough is enough?

3 home defeats In a row with no goals scored?

When we are 10th?

If it carries on we will have to let him go at some point.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 19:37

Quote:

...and Chalmers as a passenger ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 19:40

Quote:

weemike, Thu 15 Feb 19:25

Quote:

I`m not here to gloat. I just want the team performing to the best of their ability,

What concerns me is we have never been a free scoring team, even last season.

But that Morton game was an absolute farce and the reluctance to change things is what has set alarm bells off for me.

I want Mcpake to do well. And I want us to progress. But when is it time to say enough is enough?

3 home defeats In a row with no goals scored?

When we are 10th?

If it carries on we will have to let him go at some point.

Fundamentally, we all want the same thing. I don`t believe sacking the manager is right or fair at this moment in time. He has been desperately unlucky with injuries from the beginning of the season. The right time to make a decision is at the end of the season, IMO. I might revise that if we lose on Saturday. Similarly, if we win convincingly, you may have a rethink yourself.

I agree the Morton game was embarrassing. So does the manager - he said as much after the game. If we could afford to sack McPake and bring in a new manager who would guarantee we would not go down, the Board might roll the dice, but they know there are no guarantees in football.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 19:42

Quote:

One is bad enough. As I found when went out to go to work today.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 20:15

Quote:

JTH123, Thu 15 Feb 19:42

Quote:

One is bad enough. As I found when went out to go to work today.

How deflating?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 22:20

Quote:

What multitude of players are coming back , Fisher 6-8 weeks ,Bene might not be back , Todd still 2-4 weeks away , KRH Who know but not in 2 weeks

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 22:29

The manager says in his match preview that there`s a chance Todd and Jakubiak will be available for next weekend.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 22:41

I stand corrected , with 12 games to go we may get 2 players back ,neither who are defenders .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 22:41

A chance of 2 players returning - 1 who is still unproven in this league and another that half the fan base think is useless 🙄🙄

Lose on Saturday and some on here still wont change their minds and think McPake will lead us to glory.

Win on Saturday and we might just make it out of this mess.

All that we really need to see is that he can change it up when in a bad spot, which at the minute he hasn’t shown.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 22:59

The return of players will be a gradual process. Who are you to speak for half the fan base? If Todd is unproven at this level what are we supposed to do - not play him even if he is fit? Before his latest injury he was beginning to look like the player of last season and he managed to chip in with a couple of goals.

Regardless of what any of us think it`s unlikely the board are going to sack a manager they have authorised to sign players in the current window. Let`s hope the players are in a better frame of mind than some of the fans.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 23:26

I sincerely hope fans give Kane a break as our new signing ,cannot do it all himself, a leaky defence , murder midfield, no wingers to talk off , hopefully we get a crazy goal , or own goal, because we as a club need to win this game ,irrespective of management and players .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsAreTheLoveOfMyLife  
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 01:46

Mcpake has said that Breen and Benedictus are both in the final stages to return. So we have a couple of defenders due to return.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 06:36

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 15 Feb 23:26

I sincerely hope fans give Kane a break as our new signing ,cannot do it all himself, a leaky defence , murder midfield, no wingers to talk off , hopefully we get a crazy goal , or own goal, because we as a club need to win this game ,irrespective of management and players .

Why would any rational fan think Kane should be able to "do it all himself," Salton? Surely we can only hope he has a positive impact on the game, perhaps setting up or even scoring, the winning goal?

Crazy though this may sound to some, I don`t believe this is a " must win" game though 3 pts would be most welcome. It`s certainly a game we cannot afford to lose. A draw is not much use to Arbroath as it would keep the gap at 6 pts, so they have to set up to try and win it. This should give us a better chance of winning it ourselves.

I can`t see it being anything other than a very nervy game, with mistakes from both sides being commonplace. Our fans will no doubt be nervous, too. I hope the manager is able to inspire the team and calm them down before the match so that the players go out and take control of the game from the kick off.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 07:09

Did Dave try and suggest Matty Todd is untested at this level? A guy who has played about 40 games in the Championship and has 2 goals in only 6 appearances in this injury hit season?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 18:36

Quote:

But you replace those flat tires with ones which improve the drive ?

We have signed 2 defenders who look shaky at best and a striker who we haven`t started yet? Not exactly improving the squad.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 18:38

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 16 Feb 18:36

Quote:

We have signed 2 defenders who look shaky at best and a striker who we haven`t started yet? Not exactly improving the squad.

Enjoy your night pal

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 18:41

Thanks I`ll try my best.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 19:17

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 16 Feb 18:36

Quote:

If you`re stranded and you can only get tyres you`ve never heard of, you take them to get you home and replace them if you need to.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 19:17

These tyres might not get us home....

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 20:07

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 16 Feb 19:17

These tyres might not get us home....

Flat tyres definitely won`t so...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 20:55

Believe it or not but you can get runflat tyres. The downside is that they are very expensive.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 22:30

Matty Todd is absolutely untested in the middle of the field at this level. Chalmers had a decent season last year so and looks out his depth this season again so we don’t know how Todd will do and he’ll be nowhere near match fit for a good few games. He is however better than anything we currently have so will improve us.

Arbroath haven’t scored for some time either, something got to give on sat…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 87Par  
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 22:44

Matty Todd was back for a couple of games there and he scored 2 goals. He`s got the engine and heart plus he was a decent right back in the season of doom. The boy will cut it in this league no doubt about it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 23:35

Right on cue to ruin everyone`s Friday night it`s the bundle of misery reminding us how terrible all our players are......

Post Edited (Fri 16 Feb 23:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 00:14

Given how so many on here are quick to tell us how certain members of the squad are not good enough for Championship level I`m surprised so few are prepared to commit as to whether Matty Todd is good enough. One of the big disappointments for me is that we have had so few opportunities to see him in action because I think he has attributes which will enable him to prosper at a higher level - acceleration, pace, `a good engine` and that knack of arriving late in the box to support the striker(s) and score a few goals. KRH is another one I was looking forward to seeing perform at a higher level as I think he too has the qualities to succeed in the Championship.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 05:36

Quote:

kelty_par, Fri 16 Feb 07:09

Did Dave try and suggest Matty Todd is untested at this level? A guy who has played about 40 games in the Championship and has 2 goals in only 6 appearances in this injury hit season?

34 games at Championship level pre this season and only 22 as a first team “regular” where approx 50% of those were played at right back in a season we got relegated……..yes, he is untested at this level as an attacking midfielder who has currently only managed 6 games this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 05:38

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 17 Feb 00:14

Given how so many on here are quick to tell us how certain members of the squad are not good enough for Championship level I`m surprised so few are prepared to commit as to whether Matty Todd is good enough. One of the big disappointments for me is that we have had so few opportunities to see him in action because I think he has attributes which will enable him to prosper at a higher level - acceleration, pace, `a good engine` and that knack of arriving late in the box to support the striker(s) and score a few goals. KRH is another one I was looking forward to seeing perform at a higher level as I think he too has the qualities to succeed in the Championship.

Nobody is stating he isnt good enough, the statement is that he is untested, which going on his stats he is. Wether or not he is good enough can only be determined over a longer period of time with more basis behind the claim

Post Edited (Sat 17 Feb 05:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 06:34

"who has currently only managed 6 games this season."

And has looked absolutely fine at this level - and scored 2 in those six (do any of our forwards even have a one in three record?) As he did in the Raith League Cup game. As he did at right back (and in midfield) in the relegation season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 07:21

Craig wighton- career one goal in every 15.9 games.

Championship- one in every 5.6 games

Jak- career one in every 11.2 games

Championship- one in every 3.7 games

Mccann - career one goal in every 6.7 games

Championship - one in every 3.6 games

Matty Todd career one in every 7.2 games

Championship one in every 2.5 games

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 09:04

A good judge can determine whether someone can play at a higher level. It’s not necessary to see him play at that level

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 10:08

`Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend like
Date: Sat 17 Feb 09:04

A good judge can determine whether someone can play at a higher level. It’s not necessary to see him play at that level`

Exactly, Raymie. A manager thinking about signing a player from a lower level or giving a young player his debut at a higher level than he has played before doesn`t have the benefit of historical statistics to rely on and must trust his own judgement. That was the point I was trying to make with Matty Todd. Some of us are prepared to give our opinions as to whether he will flourish in the Championship based on limited experience but others are reserving judgement until they see his stats after he has played a load of games.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 22:50

I’m saying he’s untested at this level in the middle of the park, as we have already seen players who look half decent in league one can end up looking poor in this league. I think he’ll be decent but not sure if he’ll go on to be any better than that.

He’s miles better than the other 2 so he’ll improve us no end once back and fit.

It’s not just about the stats….

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net