DAFC.net
Home 02 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 INTERESTING YOGI INTERVIEW
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 08:49

Just Listened to the YOGI interview on ScotScore.

A few good points he brings up, one being that Ross was the BEST chairman he ever worked under and confirms that Ross never interviewed him for the job as he knew that the last appointment was not good enough.

I don`t think half of us know how good we actually had it under Ross.

Only thing YOGI did say that confused me was the fact some fans went up to him and said we played the best football for 20 years under him. He also says that the fans say that Joe Chalmers is the best player at the club that he brought in.

He also confirms that he did not get on well with Thomas Meggle, says he was never there etc..Transfers etc had to be put through him which held things back. The club have also never asked Ross for any advice etc which Yogi and the interviewer thought was baffling.

Also says the Academy would be finished if the ex chairman was still there.

After listening, really does give a negative feeling towards the Germans

Post Edited (Thu 22 Feb 08:54)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: INTERESTING YOGI INTERVIEW
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 09:10

i would take anything Yogi says with a pinch of salt.

the boys a blow hard.

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 09:11

Best football in 20 years?? Chalmers our best player?? BUT I can see the point he makes about signings having to go through Meggle and how long it takes etc as we are still seeing this now.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 09:13

Yogi is a slavering buffoon. The fans he spoke to clearly didn't witness the "performance" at Firhill on the 2nd last day. He's an absolute charlatan of a football manager

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Thu 22 Feb 09:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 09:18

A lying, plate spinning, delusional pr1ck

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 09:20

He’s also very proud of his 130% improvement rate on previous manager … which wouldn’t be hard, I’m sure Grant only won 2 games? lol!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 09:37

Quote:

RMGpar, Thu 22 Feb 09:20

He’s also very proud of his 130% improvement rate on previous manager … which wouldn’t be hard, I’m sure Grant only won 2 games? lol!

My dug could`ve improved that record and he spends the majority of his daily schedule trying to hump stuff

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 09:38

Quote:

RMGpar, Thu 22 Feb 08:49

Just Listened to the YOGI interview on ScotScore.

A few good points he brings up, one being that Ross was the BEST chairman he ever worked under and confirms that Ross never interviewed him for the job as he knew that the last appointment was not good enough.

I don`t think half of us know how good we actually had it under Ross.

Only thing YOGI did say that confused me was the fact some fans went up to him and said we played the best football for 20 years under him. He also says that the fans say that Joe Chalmers is the best player at the club that he brought in.

He also confirms that he did not get on well with Thomas Meggle, says he was never there etc..Transfers etc had to be put through him which held things back. The club have also never asked Ross for any advice etc which Yogi and the interviewer thought was baffling.

Also says the Academy would be finished if the ex chairman was still there.

After listening, really does give a negative feeling towards the Germans

I`ll just add that I agree 100% with the first two sentences of your post, RMG, and the rest of it is just bizarre and delusional.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 10:04

Yogi in championship with us
Played 25
Won 6
Draw 8
Lost 11
Score 29
Conceded 31

Mcpake in championship

Played 23
Won 6
Draw 7
Lost 10
Scored 25
Conceded 33

Let`s see what that looks like after our next 2 games
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 10:14

Meggle held up the transfers - yet he still managed to bring in Storarczyk, Ambrose, Donaldson, Polwarth, Chalmers, Lawless and Kamwa...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 10:22

I don`t remember Yogi having up to 8 players unavailable through injury during his time at the club.

He may say Meggle delayed signings but there was no shortage of player movement in the Jan/Feb windows. Lawless, Donaldson, Chalmers, Kamwe, Stolarczyk, Ambrose and Polworth all came in and a few left.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 10:26

Bar not set exactly very high re: Chalmers however i thought Donaldson was his best signing, if you can even call it that. However seeing him last season at Falkirk it was no real great loss we didn`t get him permanently.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 10:36

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 22 Feb 10:22

I don`t remember Yogi having up to 8 players unavailable through injury during his time at the club.

He may say Meggle delayed signings but there was no shortage of player movement in the Jan/Feb windows. Lawless, Donaldson, Chalmers, Kamwe, Stolarczyk, Ambrose and Polworth all came in and a few left.

McPake had 2 summer windows and now 2 winter windows though. Yogi only had a winter window and you`ve seen how hard this window has been already.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 10:43

John Hughes is a clown. Comparing his winning percentage to Peter Grant, arguably the worst manager in our history. Saying we played the best football under him in 20 years, just total rubbish.

The only thing that I found interesting was really his relationship with McArthur and the Germans. No doubt mistakes were made under McArthur but you could never criticise him for his commitment to the club. Meggle`s role just isn`t coming across well to me at the moment, lots of questions over recruitment, scouting and football operations. Really hope we can stay up this season and progress next year in the championship
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 10:44

You just don’t know what to believe with Yogi. Some of this sounds believable but fans saying it’s the best football we’ve played in 20 years sounds like complete rubbish - along with the Chalmers comment. Chalmers only began to show his value when we were in league one.

I do feel that the German consortium have been extremely poor since taking over and was the wrong decision. To me, Meggle comes across as an absolute conman who brings nothing positive to the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 10:58

Stopped reading after the 3rd paragraph in the opening post. Cheers for the laugh.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 12:08

It`s Yogi attempting to rewrite history to polish his CV. The charlatan has had no job offers.

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 12:09

There is nothing "interesting" about this rambling fool. "Best football in 20 years"??? His mantra was possession. During his management, 90% of our game was spent passing the ball across the pitch to no effect. It was utterly depressing to watch.

And it was obvious that his childish "keep the lads laughing" approach killed any respect the players may have had for him. His behaviour towards some players was questionable. For instance, what was going on with the big Lithuanian defender? An international, but Yogi wouldn`t give him a game? By the end, it was obvious Yogi had well and truly lost the dressing room. Good riddance to the man.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 12:34

I remember the 3-0 home win against Ayr. The team played really well with a lot of 1 touch fast moving of the ball.
I thought "wow, this looks like we could be good under him". The board definitely backed him with those signings but unfortunately they couldn`t get results.
Give me McPake anyday.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 13:11

Quote:

JTH123, Thu 22 Feb 12:34

I remember the 3-0 home win against Ayr. The team played really well with a lot of 1 touch fast moving of the ball.
I thought "wow, this looks like we could be good under him". The board definitely backed him with those signings but unfortunately they couldn`t get results.
Give me McPake anyday.

I was firmly on the Yogi bus after that game. Headed thro to Hamilton the week after full of anticipation. Sadly the bus came aff the road and ended up in a fkn ditch.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 13:23

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 22 Feb 13:11

Quote:

Give me McPake anyday.

I was firmly on the Yogi bus after that game. Headed thro to Hamilton the week after full of anticipation. Sadly the bus came aff the road and ended up in a fkn ditch.....

is that not happening now? The wheels fell off this bus just before we went into administration
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 13:25

He’s an egotistical fool

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 13:29

Quote:

LEGEND85, Thu 22 Feb 13:23

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 22 Feb 13:11

Quote:

Give me McPake anyday.

is that not happening now? The wheels fell off this bus just before we went into administration

What you talking 'bout Willis....?

Post Edited (Thu 22 Feb 14:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 14:39

Absolutely clown. Which is an insult to clowns.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parster  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 16:07

An absolute Tw*t of a man seems to think he`s some sort of legend just like grant and a wee bit of a kick in the nuts to those that chased Ross out look where we are now

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 16:50

Interesting how he’s waited all this time to let rip at the German investors. Funnily enough he’s picked the exact time things aren’t going well.

That tells you everything about this egotistical classless dinosaur.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 17:14

I’m listening to it now, from 1.45m onwards, ten minutes in I’ve already counted 3 absolute lies. Utter lies.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 17:26

Its quite funny reading posts like this and how worked up Pars fans get 😂 guys highlighted issues with the board that are quite clearly still a thing and gets dogs abuse from our fan base. If we lose our next 2 games he will have a better record at this level than our current manager 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 17:35

Difference is, he had few injuries to cope with. Mcpake has had nearly a whole team out, and all our best players at that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 17:35

`If we lose our next 2 games he will have a better record at this level than our current manager 😂`

Maybe, but I don`t remember him having up to 8 players unavailable through injury whilst he was at the club. It`s amazing how quickly some fans ignore the constraints there have been on McPake when assessing the team`s performance this season.

Post Edited (Thu 22 Feb 17:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 17:44

Quote:

Parster, Thu 22 Feb 16:07

An absolute Tw*t of a man seems to think he`s some sort of legend just like grant and a wee bit of a kick in the nuts to those that chased Ross out look where we are now

Both failed as Pars’ managers but that’s where the comparisons end. Grant is a gent

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 17:46

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 22 Feb 17:35

`If we lose our next 2 games he will have a better record at this level than our current manager 😂`

Maybe, but I don`t remember him having up to 8 players unavailable through injury whilst he was at the club. It`s amazing how quickly some fans ignore the constraints there have been on McPake when assessing the team`s performance this season.

Did you forget that Yogi only had one winter to sort out grants mess.

Mcpake has had 2 summer windows and now 2 winter windows and he`s no better off than Yogi
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 17:57

Quote:

When will this injury crisis stop becoming an excuse?

We have a squad of 25 players now and thats not including youngsters and players like Andrew Tod who have been injured all season. A good manager would manage to get results no matter the issues in front of them - we haven’t won since the 9th of December for goodness sake! Which was our only win since November 3rd! 1 win in nearly 4 months!

A decent manager would learn to adapt his formation, style and personnel to get results - instead McPakes stuck to the same formation and tactics as always, with no imagination or thought to how to improve.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 18:02

`Mcpake has had 2 summer windows and now 2 winter windows and he`s no better off than Yogi`

McPake`s first season was about getting out of League 1 and he had to play with the hand he`d been dealt. It doesn`t matter how many windows he`s had if up to 8 players have been unavailable most weeks. I`ve just had a look at our League appearances for this season and Bene has started 5 (and I think he came off in 2 of them), Breen has started 7, Todd has started 4 and KRH has started 2. For the last few weeks we haven`t had a recognised centre back fit.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 18:05

Quote:

Dave_1885, Thu 22 Feb 17:57

Quote:

We have a squad of 25 players now and thats not including youngsters and players like Andrew Tod who have been injured all season. A good manager would manage to get results no matter the issues in front of them - we haven’t won since the 9th of December for goodness sake! Which was our only win since November 3rd! 1 win in nearly 4 months!

A decent manager would learn to adapt his formation, style and personnel to get results - instead McPakes stuck to the same formation and tactics as always, with no imagination or thought to how to improve.

With respect, Dave, you`re talking through a hole in your balaclava. The injured players were sitting a few rows in front of me at the recent Morton game - all TEN of them! At least 7 of them might have started if they`d been fit. When we beat Morton in the first game at EEP, they were missing 9 players and were detached at the foot of the table. Once their injured players started to come back, they climbed up the table.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 18:13

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 22 Feb 18:05

Quote:

Quote:

With respect, Dave, you`re talking through a hole in your balaclava. The injured players were sitting a few rows in front of me at the recent Morton game - all TEN of them! At least 7 of them might have started if they`d been fit. When we beat Morton in the first game at EEP, they were missing 9 players and were detached at the foot of the table. Once their injured players started to come back, they climbed up the table.

If we lose 17-0 tomorrow night, you will be here defending it.

Todd, Ritchie Hosler, Breen, tod, are not proven at this level so can`t just say when they are back we will climb the table.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 18:27

Couldn’t really care about an ex manager’s opinion. Especially his.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 18:44

The head to head stats are interesting

In my opinion you can only run the injury excuse for so long!

The players we had available for the last three home games should and could have done better than a total of 1 point and an aggregate score of 1-9
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 18:44

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I know, its as if I pulled the squad numbers out my backside and didn’t actually check it first…….

I also never stated there wasn’t injuries - I asked when it would stop being an excuse?

Theres zero initiative to change his set up or tactics until mid match when half the time its because hes got it wrong pre kick off…..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 18:45

`Todd, Ritchie Hosler, Breen, tod, are not proven at this level so can`t just say when they are back we will climb the table.`

The point is that the manager thinks they are good enough at Championship level and he has been deprived of their services for most of the season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 18:55

I`d rather be relegated with McPake than watch another second of our team with Yogi at the wheel

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 18:58

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 22 Feb 18:55

I`d rather be relegated with McPake than watch another second of our team with Yogi at the wheel

100% agree with this!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 18:58

Quote:

DBP, Thu 22 Feb 18:44

The players we had available for the last three home games should and could have done better than a total of 1 point and an aggregate score of 1-9

It`s not an excuse. It`s a reason. And it`ll last as a valid reason for as long as it`s valid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 18:59

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 22 Feb 18:02

`Mcpake has had 2 summer windows and now 2 winter windows and he`s no better off than Yogi`

McPake`s first season was about getting out of League 1 and he had to play with the hand he`d been dealt. It doesn`t matter how many windows he`s had if up to 8 players have been unavailable most weeks. I`ve just had a look at our League appearances for this season and Bene has started 5 (and I think he came off in 2 of them), Breen has started 7, Todd has started 4 and KRH has started 2. For the last few weeks we haven`t had a recognised centre back fit.

It`s interesting how you keep going on about injuries but mcpake dismissed injuries as an excuse for the poor performances of late. We have enough "experienced" players it`s just they aren`t any good.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 19:03

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Thu 22 Feb 18:58

Quote:

It`s not an excuse. It`s a reason. And it`ll last as a valid reason for as long as it`s valid.

It was a reason two months ago, before the window reopened - now it its an excuse. You cant keep peddling the same line months on after being gifted the chance to rectify it in numerous ways. If we dont win any of our next 3/4 games, is it still good enough to use it as a reason?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 19:04

Quote:

Dave_1885, Thu 22 Feb 19:03

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Thu 22 Feb 18:58

Quote:

It was a reason two months ago, before the window reopened - now it its an excuse. You cant keep peddling the same line months on after being gifted the chance to rectify it in numerous ways. If we dont win any of our next 3/4 games, is it still good enough to use it as a reason?

It depends if a disproportionate number of key players are injured or not. This isn`t difficult reasoning.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 19:09

The performances have been murder for months,

That`s not all down to injuries, poor preparation, poor game plans have also played a part.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 19:24

Todd and KRH were on par with Too last season and showed what they could do before being injured. If nothing else they offer additional pace in terms of KRH and a potential goal scorer in terms of Todd.

Breen is solid and I`ve been really impressed by Tod too. The potential there is great to see.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 19:24

Tbh though it was Ross that was in charge to go to Meggle when Hughes was in charge but now it’s Cook that has to go to Meggle for signings and that where I think there is a big problem hence signing a RB with 3 games played of the bench today instead of Ashcroft.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 19:52

Ashcroft himself said he joined Raith because he`d kept in touch with John Potter after they`d left the Pars. McPake agreed terms with Dundee and spoke to him but we were never in the frame to sign him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 20:17

We were in the frame, wee eck. He decided on Raith.
Let’s move on

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 21:22

Quote:

jake89, Thu 22 Feb 19:24

Todd and KRH were on par with Too last season and showed what they could do before being injured. If nothing else they offer additional pace in terms of KRH and a potential goal scorer in terms of Todd.

Breen is solid and I`ve been really impressed by Tod too. The potential there is great to see.

...in league one
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 21:38

Don`t you know what `potential` means? Don`t you have a view on whether these players will be good enough at Championship level? Managers have to make decisions about players` potential all the time whether signing them or deciding to play them at a higher level. They can`t depend on historical stats because they don`t exist.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 21:42

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Thu 22 Feb 21:22

Quote:

jake89, Thu 22 Feb 19:24

...in league one

Missing my point. They were as good as Otoo last season and he`s been solid this season. No reason they wouldn`t be the same.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 21:51

Why do so many of the folk who post on here have such a dislike for almost all of our players? Even the best players at the club who have missed most of the season are now fair game for a slagging.

What an odd bunch we really are

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 22:22

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 22 Feb 21:51

Why do so many of the folk who post on here have such a dislike for almost all of our players? Even the best players at the club who have missed most of the season are now fair game for a slagging.

Exhibit A: Your average Pars fan.

Post Edited (Thu 22 Feb 22:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 06:07

Quote:

Dave_1885, Thu 22 Feb 18:44

Quote:

Quote:

I know, its as if I pulled the squad numbers out my backside and didn’t actually check it first…….

I also never stated there wasn’t injuries - I asked when it would stop being an excuse?

Theres zero initiative to change his set up or tactics until mid match when half the time its because hes got it wrong pre kick off…..

Dave, first off, apologies for the inflammatory language. I could have just said I disagreed with your post. I guess we`re all angry and frustrated at the predicament our club finds itself in. I just think it`s totally unfair of you and others to heap the blame on McPake. It`s totally unrealistic to expect us to be competitive with so many key players out long term. That`s not an excuse - it`s an indisputable fact. Imagine taking out 8 random players out of Man City`s first team squad. I`m not saying they would get relegated but they sure as hell wouldn`t be picking up many points.

Nobody is saying the manager hasn`t made mistakes. He`s honest enough to admit that himself. He`s still young and learning the game. Some players may have come back from injury too soon. McPake would be guided by medical advice and the players themselves. You also state that he should be setting up differently and getting more out of the players available to him. Maybe so, but you can`t make a silk purse out of a pig`s ear. Some of those players coming in are young and inexperienced and just not good enough at this moment.

There`s also a suggestion by some that the failure to bring in experienced replacements is the manager`s fault. The assumption is that he has been given a budget and has complete control of transfer dealings. I`d be very surprised if that`s the case - more likely he suggests targets to the Board, one of the directors contacts the player`s agent and takes it from there.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 06:18

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Thu 22 Feb 17:46

Quote:

Mcpake has had 2 summer windows and now 2 winter windows and he`s no better off than Yogi

What I haven`t forgotten is that Hughes alienated many of his players by slating them in front of the whole squad, telling them he didn`t rate them. When one player phoned in to say he had Covid, Hughes asked the squad who this player caught Covid from as he wanted to thank them as he wouldn`t have to watch the useless **** training for a week.

That`s how to get your players playing for you, eh? Do me a favour! At least our players like and respect our current management team. This alone doesn`t guarantee success, but it helps.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 08:19

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 23 Feb 06:18

Quote:

Quote:

What I haven`t forgotten is that Hughes alienated many of his players by slating them in front of the whole squad, telling them he didn`t rate them. When one player phoned in to say he had Covid, Hughes asked the squad who this player caught Covid from as he wanted to thank them as he wouldn`t have to watch the useless **** training for a week.

That`s how to get your players playing for you, eh? Do me a favour! At least our players like and respect our current management team. This alone doesn`t guarantee success, but it helps.

Were you present when he made these comments?

It`s easy for players who are out of favour to bend the truth about what people have said just like Yogi talking about Meggle, we don`t know if this is true either.

Mcpake might struggle to make the play offs with all the injuries but he`s been backed with replacements in January so he shouldn`t be getting relegated.

Relegation under mcpake would be the same failure as the past 2 managers, not good enough
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 08:21

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 22 Feb 21:38

Don`t you know what `potential` means? Don`t you have a view on whether these players will be good enough at Championship level? Managers have to make decisions about players` potential all the time whether signing them or deciding to play them at a higher level. They can`t depend on historical stats because they don`t exist.

Of course but you can`t just be like when he has these players back we will be ok for they might not be good enough and then what`s the excuse?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 08:39

Nobody knows for sure if we`ll be OK but surely it`s reasonable to suggest that we`ll have a better chance if the manager has more of the players he has signed available for selection?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 09:09

Quote:

jake89, Thu 22 Feb 22:22

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 22 Feb 21:51

Exhibit A: Your average Pars fan.

Made me chuckle, thanks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 09:43

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Fri 23 Feb 08:19

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 23 Feb 06:18

Quote:

Were you present when he made these comments?

It`s easy for players who are out of favour to bend the truth about what people have said just like Yogi talking about Meggle, we don`t know if this is true either.

Mcpake might struggle to make the play offs with all the injuries but he`s been backed with replacements in January so he shouldn`t be getting relegated.

Relegation under mcpake would be the same failure as the past 2 managers, not good enough

No, I wasn`t present and neither was the player being slated, of course. He heard it from the rest of the squad who were and couldn`t wait to tell him, probably because they were angry at their teammate being humiliated behind his back by a manager they disliked. Hughes probably thought he was being really funny but his players didn`t think it was. Now there`s an outside chance these players are all liars and Hughes (please let`s not call him Yogi) has no previous of belittling his own players in public and ending up getting relegated.....

Oh wait.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 12:01

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 23 Feb 06:07

Quote:

Dave_1885, Thu 22 Feb 18:44

Quote:

Quote:

Dave, first off, apologies for the inflammatory language. I could have just said I disagreed with your post. I guess we`re all angry and frustrated at the predicament our club finds itself in. I just think it`s totally unfair of you and others to heap the blame on McPake. It`s totally unrealistic to expect us to be competitive with so many key players out long term. That`s not an excuse - it`s an indisputable fact. Imagine taking out 8 random players out of Man City`s first team squad. I`m not saying they would get relegated but they sure as hell wouldn`t be picking up many points.

Good choice of team there GG - Liverpool were missing 11, yes 11, squad members on Wednesday night, including Alison, TAA, Nunez, Salah, Matip, Szoboslai and Jota all who would likely start every week for them - they won 4-1 to EXTEND their lead at the top of the table. Now you may say its an anomaly for them this week, but they have had an injury crisis and things like the asian cup and afcon to deal with, along with european football…….oh and they have a league cup final on Sunday too 🫢

Now just to sit back and wait on the “oh but thats Liverpool who have a wealth of money to spend” etc etc whilst completely ignoring the context of the comment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 12:09

Now explain how Man City, the richest side in the world, have had a significant upturn in performance when Rodri and De Bruyne were back and firing?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: answer  
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 12:20

There is no way Manchester City would be second bottom of the Scottish Championship with or without Rodri and De Bruyne. I would go as far to say they could win the Scottish Championship without Rodri or De Bruyne playing a single game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 12:20

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 23 Feb 12:09

Now explain how Man City, the richest side in the world, have had a significant upturn in performance when Rodri and De Bruyne were back and firing?

That big an upturn that they drew last Saturday night and laboured to a 1-0 win v Brentford in midweek……

Didnt take long for someone to miss the context though, where GG clearly stated that a club like that, with those issues, would be struggling to compete - yet Liverpool are still on for a potential quadruple…..but because its not Man City, it doesnt count, right?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 12:25

Congratulations due to Liverpool for winning the quadruple in February.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 12:28

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 23 Feb 12:25

Congratulations due to Liverpool for winning the quadruple in February.

Well done to Dunfermline on winning the Championship too, if you want to be pedantic 🤷🏻‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 12:30

If you want a serious answer then the statistics don`t lie. When teams lose their best players for an extended period of time, they`ll struggle. This isn`t a difficult concept.

Let`s see how Liverpool do if this run continues.

We`re a provincial team in Scottish football. We have honest pros and a young manager finding their way in their careers. We`re going to struggle given the circumstances we find ourselves in. At a time when we`re investing in an academy and training centre. It`s an absolute nightmare.

Can you name a worse run of luck in your time supporting the club? I go back to 1987 and I can`t.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 12:38

Eddie Howe`s been complaining all season about the lack of availability of players at Newcastle because of injury. Not many teams have two players of equivalent standard available in every position. Most pundits will say Man City are favourites for the EPL because they have the deepest squad.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 12:46

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 23 Feb 12:30

If you want a serious answer then the statistics don`t lie. When teams lose their best players for an extended period of time, they`ll struggle. This isn`t a difficult concept.

Let`s see how Liverpool do if this run continues.

We`re a provincial team in Scottish football. We have honest pros and a young manager finding their way in their careers. We`re going to struggle given the circumstances we find ourselves in. At a time when we`re investing in an academy and training centre. It`s an absolute nightmare.

Can you name a worse run of luck in your time supporting the club? I go back to 1987 and I can`t.

I go back to 1963 and I can`t, Rusty.

Dave just wants to get into an argument and I can`t be bothered. I`ve apologised for my OTT response to his earlier post where he was pointing the finger of blame at the manager for our current league position, conveniently ignoring that we were doing reasonably well earlier in the season when we only had a small number of players out injured.

McPake admits he`s made mistakes but it`s hardly his fault that so many players have gone down with serious injuries and the CLUB has been unable to bring in experienced replacements in the January window.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 23 Feb 22:41

Yogi is his own biggest supporter.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 24 Feb 20:43

If he was a wizard he`d be Gilderoy Lockhart.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralytic77  
Date:   Sat 24 Feb 23:49

True story with Yogi, when I was younger I played with Clyde and we would train at Stirling Uni same as Falkirk, my first day I turned up at Stirling uni for training but I had to meet Alan Kernahan , Paul Kane(ex Hibs) directed me to Clyde boss office (set up ) so I entered the room sat down waited for 10 mins, no show so turned on the tv and helped myself to the coffee machine , in walks Yogi and asked an embarrassed me who the **** I was 😂 I told him, he pished himself laughing and had a chat with me for 10 mins before he told me to **** off
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net