DAFC.net
Home 08 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Injuries
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:18

We will be fine once we get over our injury crisis...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Injuries
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:26

Far too much emphasis was put on this !
We knew the situation and we knew it wasn`t just about defenders
We Knew that we badly needed someone who could score goals , but didn`t get anyone in ,
And with players coming back it still needs them to get up to speed , and by that time if we do not start scoring goals it will be too late , we will be doomed
8 games to turn things around , so it has to start on friday night !no if`s no but`s we need to start scoring goals and stop losing them cheaply

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:43

Which prolific goalscorer did we miss out on, wullie? Rudden? He preferred Raith apparently and I`m not sure he`s so prolific. Cillian Sheridan? I see he scored one and had an assist today but he would have been a gamble just like Chris Kane. We tried to sign Brophy from Ross County apparently but they wouldn`t let him go.

Fans seem to live in this fantasy world where clubs release good, consistent players in the January transfer window which is totally detached from reality. We`ll just have to make the best of what we`ve got. The players who were injured can only play themselves back to match fitness by playing games so it`s good that Bene and KRH came through today`s game apparently unscathed. I still think our squad is at least as good as those of the teams around us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:46

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 9 Mar 19:43

Which prolific goalscorer did we miss out on, wullie? Rudden? He preferred Raith apparently and I`m not sure he`s so prolific. Cillian Sheridan? I see he scored one and had an assist today but he would have been a gamble just like Chris Kane. We tried to sign Brophy from Ross County apparently but they wouldn`t let him go.

Cillian Sheridan 2 goals 4 assits in 3 games for Queens Park .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:48

I doubt if many fans were hoping we`d sign Sheridan. It`s easy to be wise after the event.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:51

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 9 Mar 19:48

I doubt if many fans were hoping we`d sign Sheridan. It`s easy to be wise after the event.

Is that not why we have a chief scout? đŸ€” to predict if these players would be good signings or not?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:53

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 9 Mar 19:43

Fans seem to live in this fantasy world where clubs release good, consistent players in the January transfer window which is totally detached from reality. We`ll just have to make the best of what we`ve got. The players who were injured can only play themselves back to match fitness by playing games so it`s good that Bene and KRH came through today`s game apparently unscathed. I still think our squad is at least as good as those of the teams around us.

Cillian Sheridan is better than our options up front.

It`s time to wake up and smell the coffee we got promoted and had an opportunity to get rid of the deadwood. Instead we gave them new deals. Signed players who have to play out of position to fit our system in KRH and moffat who are wingers not wing backs.

We struggled with goals and unfortunately goals win you games. Unfortunately we just don`t score enough goals.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:57

If Cillian Sheridan had signed for us this forum and everyone in it would`ve imploded

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:57

I don`t remember Cillian Sheridan`s name ever being mentioned as a possible signing. The only reference I remember was that he had a long history of injuries. Was anyone surprised ICT let him go?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 20:03

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 9 Mar 19:57

I don`t remember Cillian Sheridan`s name ever being mentioned as a possible signing. The only reference I remember was that he had a long history of injuries. Was anyone surprised ICT let him go?

Doesn`t matter who named him my point stands, he will score more goals than any of our strikers this season.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 20:21

So will lots of players in this league but we can`t sign them. Actually only 3 players are averaging better than a goal every two games :-

Brian Graham
Partick Thistle
App. Goals
25 16

Ruari Paton
Queen`s Park
28 15

Louis Moult
Dundee United
25 13

Prolific goalscorers aren`t that easy to come by.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 20:52

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 9 Mar 20:21

So will lots of players in this league but we can`t sign them. Actually only 3 players are averaging better than a goal every two games :-

Brian Graham
Partick Thistle
App. Goals
25 16

Ruari Paton
Queen`s Park
28 15

Louis Moult
Dundee United
25 13

Prolific goalscorers aren`t that easy to come by.

But hard to pay
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 21:12

hello wee eck, how are you doing ?
I cannot remember me naming any prolific strikers !
However I did say we knew what area we knew we were short on , and that was someone to put the ball in the net
And Wee eck I certainly do not live in a fantasy world !
I live in the real world and all I pointed out was where our biggest problem was , We do not have someone in our ranks who can score goals at this level on a regular basis and goals win games !!
I know there was a couple of players who we didn`t sign for one reason or another this is the nature of the beast ,
I also sometimes wonder if Mcpake is getting the backing he needs

Post Edited (Sat 09 Mar 21:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 22:02

I was just pointing out that players who regularly put the ball in the net aren`t too easy to come by in the January window, wullie. Clubs tend to want to hang on to them. Kane`s not prolific but he does have a bit of `go` about him. Just our luck that he seems to have fitness issues.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 22:19

If Todd’s going to save our season he better turn up soon

Back to being drenched in my own negativity

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 22:28

Todorov apparently deemed not good enough by management team yet has more goals than our strikers

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 22:51

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 9 Mar 22:19

If Todd’s going to save our season he better turn up soon

Looks like wee Berkey has found a new scapegoat. Happy days

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 23:10

I think it`s because he never spotted Todd`s potential when he first emerged on the scene. According to Berkey we have never had a decent midfielder at the club but he has never identified one we might have signed who could live up to his expectations.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 23:14

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 9 Mar 23:10

I think it`s because he never spotted Todd`s potential when he first emerged on the scene. According to Berkey we have never had a decent midfielder at the club but he has never identified one we might have signed who could live up to his expectations.

We really haven`t had a decent midfield in years tbf. Years of watching absolute diddies
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 23:16

I remember when Rhys McCabe played for us. He got pelters because he didn`t run about enough and tried to make the ball do the work.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 23:52

wee eck , your right there is no team going about that will let a goalscorer go and play for another team or sell them on the cheap , and they are a scarce commodity also these days
And I agree with you about Rudden

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 87Par  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 00:30

Didn`t even read all the thread. But Rudden got subbed cos he wis mince. And making gestures to the Pars Fans to `calm down". Can`t wait til Raith end up in the same no man`s land as us. 👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 07:54

Todd was honking yesterday, so was KRH a but don’t day this or you’ll be classed as scapegoating them
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 87Par  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 08:08

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sun 10 Mar 07:54

Todd was honking yesterday, so was KRH a but don’t day this or you’ll be classed as scapegoating them

The game passed Matty by yesterday. I`ve said my 10 pence about KRH. He`s not gonna be the answer. Matty is a proper player he needs to get muscled in now.

Matty and Hammy on the pishy Rovers poster yesterday? No guessing why.

Hammy and Bene are the only ones a see up for the shithouse and tore in material for the club. We are a good team alot of the time. Time to get ruthless all over the pitch or we are sleep walking to play offs. Not of the good kind 😕
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 09:43

Quote:

Don`t be silly. Calling out a player as being poor on the day (which was what happened) is different from repeatedly saying someone isn`t good enough to play at this level.

You knew that though.

Post Edited (Sun 10 Mar 10:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 17:11

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 10 Mar 09:43

Quote:

Don`t be silly. Calling out a player as being poor on the day (which was what happened) is different from repeatedly saying someone isn`t good enough to play at this level.

You knew that though.

Fancy calling a player (KR-H )honking when he has only played a game and a bit after coming back from injury . surely you can`t expect him to be straight into the pace of games

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 17:45

Quote:

nazpar, Sun 10 Mar 17:11

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 10 Mar 09:43

Quote:

You knew that though.

Fancy calling a player (KR-H )honking when he has only played a game and a bit after coming back from injury . surely you can`t expect him to be straight into the pace of games

You quoted the wrong guy lad

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 08:18

The Courier are saying Fisher, Tod and Kane could all be available for the game against United although they seem to think the game is on Sunday!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 10:55

It`s strange this injury thing, the fans are largely kept in the dark.
Take kane, he transformed our front line and got injured.
Lots of debate about whether it was an illness or an injury. If the latter was it a new injury or an old one that came back.
He`s on loan so we depending on the deal are paying for some or all of his wages.
There has to be a point when we just send him back.
I want him to stay and play, but if he cant we should give him back.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 11:14

It`s frustrating for fans but I think it`s understandable that the club can`t give a running commentary on a player`s absence particularly when he is not our player. If he is injured I would imagine St Johnstone would be managing his treatment and would have a big say in his availability. You would think there would be something in the deal that would say what would happen if the player was not available. I presume the Rovers aren`t paying for Ashcroft if it looks like he is out for the season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 11:53

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 12 Mar 11:14

It`s frustrating for fans but I think it`s understandable that the club can`t give a running commentary on a player`s absence particularly when he is not our player. If he is injured I would imagine St Johnstone would be managing his treatment and would have a big say in his availability. You would think there would be something in the deal that would say what would happen if the player was not available. I presume the Rovers aren`t paying for Ashcroft if it looks like he is out for the season.

I don`t think people expect a running commentary but i think as fans we should be told why Kane wasn`t available on Saturday. Last week it was fatigue so something else kept him out of the game what was it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 11:58

Have to say I found it really odd that Kane did the pre match interviews last Monday giving his thoughts on Airdrie then never even made the squad.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 11:58

There were reports that he had felt something in training that may have indicated a recurrence of a previous injury but I don`t know if they were `official`. Players have a right to privacy about their medical history like the rest of us. There`s also the issue of making public information which may benefit the opposition.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 13:13

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 12 Mar 11:58

There were reports that he had felt something in training that may have indicated a recurrence of a previous injury but I don`t know if they were `official`. Players have a right to privacy about their medical history like the rest of us. There`s also the issue of making public information which may benefit the opposition.

But why not just give an official reason rather than giving leway to online theories?

Players are maybe due some privacy on certain injuries, but these guys are getting paid decent sums of money to play football and entertain people for a living. Its not like they have a managers job in Aldi that they are missing a shift for
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 13:19

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 12 Mar 11:14

I presume the Rovers aren`t paying for Ashcroft if it looks like he is out for the season.

I could see him going back to Dundee but I`d be surprised if Rovers aren`t having to pay. It`ll be like everything else though, it`ll depend on the agreement they signed up to.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 10:10

Surely, if he gets injured playing for Raith, that`s on Raith. Can`t see why Dundee would cancel the loan arrangement.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 12:26

Quote:

Dave_1885, Tue 12 Mar 13:13

Quote:

But why not just give an official reason rather than giving leway to online theories?

Players are maybe due some privacy on certain injuries, but these guys are getting paid decent sums of money to play football and entertain people for a living. Its not like they have a managers job in Aldi that they are missing a shift for

I would say that a manager in Aldi (salary £50,600, rising to £65,995) will be earning more than most if not all of our squad so not sure ‘decent sums of money’ is quite accurate if you want to make that comparison
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 16:59

Quote:

Dave_1885, Tue 12 Mar 13:13

Quote:

How about the burden of responsibility shift to football fans to act like grown adults and (1) giving players privacy and (2) not fuelling online theories.

And like someone else just said, most of our team won`t be on life changing money.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net