DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 England Euros kit
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 12:22

What a stooshie has arisen after Nike included a navy/light blue/ purple version of the St George`s Cross on the back of the collar of the new England football kit. Sunak and Starmer have stuck their noses in of course. Peter Shilton seems a bit confused -

`Shilton, who played in the 1982, 1986 and 1990 World Cups and is the current record holder for most professional appearances, said the England football team represent the country, "and red white and blue are the colours that we have on our flag".`

The `authentic` version of the shirt retails at a cool £124.99/119.99 but there`s a `stadium` version at a mere £84.99/64.99.

Post Edited (Fri 22 Mar 12:25)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: England Euros kit
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 12:25

£125 😂😂😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 12:32

No surprised. It’s bowfin never mind the price tag!

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 13:12

Shilton is of course mistaking the Union flag with the St George`s Cross. Should our kit manufacturer decide to include the Saltire on a red background or a red cross on a blue background we`d of course not be bothered in the slightest.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 13:13

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 22 Mar 13:12

Shilton is of course mistaking the Union flag with the St George`s Cross. Should our kit manufacturer decide to include the Saltire on a red background or a red cross on a blue background we`d of course not be bothered in the slightest.

Ahh Shilton, the only England goalie ever to wear the Scottish shirt for England. And he wore it with pride apparently.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 13:14

Shilton is a moron, but to be fair to him, when he played most England fans had Union Flags rather than St. George Cross Flags.

As usual, it`s a manufactured argument that needs no real comment. England shirts don`t usually have the flag on it, they have the 3 Lions. They have had stylised versions of the cross on the shirt many times in the past without anyone commenting. Most other countries have had or currently have stylised versions of their flag on their shirt (including Scotland, Brazil, etc).

People should be more up in arms about the cost of the replica and match style shirts, especially in kids sizes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 15:00

I don`t understand what`s inclusive about using different colours on a St George`s Cross. What are the colours to represent? England usually have blue in their shirt. Not sure about purple though. Is it supposed to be for LGBT? I don`t understand what the purpose is or what the need is.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 15:10

Quote:

jake89, Fri 22 Mar 15:00

I don`t understand what`s inclusive about using different colours on a St George`s Cross. What are the colours to represent? England usually have blue in their shirt. Not sure about purple though. Is it supposed to be for LGBT? I don`t understand what the purpose is or what the need is.

They should have used the colours of the rainbow to make up the cross. Could have also had fitted shirt for men, for ladies and a third for the don`t knows to be truly inclusive

I, for one, am outraged
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 15:31

I`m actually being serious. What do the blue and purple represent that makes this strip more inclusive? It feels like someone`s just using buzz words.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 15:33

Nike have done it on the Brazil away top as well, and nobody cares. I think the real problem is it looks like a trans flag(or whatever it would be called). Pretty sure if the whole cross was just purple nobody would care.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 15:44

Nike will be thinking `no publicity is bad publicity`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 15:46

The colours are the same and in the same order as the Bisexual Pride flag - pretty sure it’s not a coincidence! However, the two things you don’t mess with are the national flag and the national anthem

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 15:46

Frankie sums it up nicely

https://youtu.be/hgj6jVMhAFo?si=fVlNM6cqLWOu3qrE

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 15:53

FLegS serious business

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 16:04

I see the Germans have moved to Nike after 70 years of Adidas shirts which has caused a bit of an uproar.They are paying 100 million euros per year for the right, doubling the Adidas deal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 16:11

Quote:

ParfectXI, Fri 22 Mar 15:46

The colours are the same and in the same order as the Bisexual Pride flag - pretty sure it’s not a coincidence! However, the two things you don’t mess with are the national flag and the national anthem

That`s what I was wondering but then why bi-sexuality? As far as I`m aware there`s no exclusion of bi-sexuals from English football. Or does England have an issue with bi-sexuals?

This sounds more like someone got creative, tried to justify it by saying "inclusive" and is now regretting it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 16:46

The union flag was changed in colour on the 2012 Olympic kit - might be wrong, but don’t remember the PM getting involved in that outrage?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 17:41

The colours are the same as those on the trim of the 1966 training/warm up tops. Got hee haw to do with woke/sexuality/pride/inclusivenes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 18:20

Quote:

ParfectXI, Fri 22 Mar 15:46

The colours are also similar to the 1966 World Cup training kits, worn by England…….🫢🫢

Scotland flag was reversed by Diadorra in 06 and nobody up here gave a toss 😂

Post Edited (Fri 22 Mar 18:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 20:09

Turns out I was wrong. It`s got nothing to do with inclusion and is just designed that way to be a bit different. Being honest, I suspect it`s simply because red on a blue background would look crap.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 21:10

No way an American DEI obsessed company that used a man to advertise a sports bra, just happened to design the St George`s flag to be identical to the `Bisexual` flag or whatever it is. They knew what they were doing

Post Edited (Fri 22 Mar 21:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 21:37

Quote:

doctordandruff, Fri 22 Mar 21:10

No way an American DEI obsessed company that used a man to advertise a sports bra, just happened to design the St George`s flag to be identical to the `Bisexual` flag or whatever it is. They knew what they were doing

And that`s after an edit? Maybe should have deleted more of that nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 21:50

Difference of opinion mate, on a forum. Its ok
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 22:36

I have no idea what "DEI obsessed" means but you bash on. The Brazil shirt has a stylised flag on the back of their collar too but isn`t using the same colour scheme - did Nike forget whatever agenda they`re meant to have for their kit?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 23:34

Sorry, but I just do not believe for one second that one of the largest companies in the World that actively uses DEI to advertise (Dylan Mulveny, Colin Kapernick) didn`t research every single aspect of that strip. I`ve worked on a company rebranding and the effort to ensure that every aspect is not offensive or misunderstood is unbelievable.

The back of the Brazil strip is a single colour, the England flag is not. On TV it will look like a pro-trans flag. It`s deliberate.

Post Edited (Fri 22 Mar 23:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thursopar  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 23:53

I’d be pissed and the some if the Scotland shirt included a Red Cross (or any other colour than blue and white) within its design. England - red and white, Scotland Blue and white. The FA need to take a hard look at themselves and realise England does not represent the other countries within the union flag are that we are not one nation. By the way I am definitely not an independence nationalist but only that national identities matter.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 01:27

What the feck is DEI ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 06:03

Diversity, Equality, Inclusion. But it`s nothing to do with that. They`re just colours like when Scotland coincidentally had the colours of the Pansexual flag. It`s easy to find an issue if you look hard enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 07:55

Quote:

Thursopar, Fri 22 Mar 23:53

I’d be pissed and the some if the Scotland shirt included a Red Cross (or any other colour than blue and white) within its design. England - red and white, Scotland Blue and white. The FA need to take a hard look at themselves and realise England does not represent the other countries within the union flag are that we are not one nation. By the way I am definitely not an independence nationalist but only that national identities matter.

Were you this wound up when Scotlands away top had a large back to front saltire with golden stripes in it was our top?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 08:49

Or red socks to make it red white and blue
Or salmon pink, or yellow or that purple tartan one?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 09:25

The salmon one was hideous.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 10:06

Quote:

EastEndTales, Sat 23 Mar 09:25

The salmon one was hideous.

My granddaughters loved that kit!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net