DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 09:55

There`s a piece in the Courier in which JMcP says there have been no discussions with Jakubiak regarding a new contract. He was disappointed he didn`t get the chance to play in the Premiership with Dundee after helping them to promotion and took his time before deciding to sign for us. It can`t help that we could be playing in any of three different leagues next season.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 10:41

That`s the simple answer to players - can`t extend until we know our situation. It`s always a sore one where a player gets you promoted then is deemed not good enough for the league above but that`s just football.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 12:46

He’s had one excellent game for us, a couple of decent ones, and more than a few where he’s flattered to deceive.

Perhaps he should be focusing on proving that he is deserving of an extension at this level with us first.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 13:09

Quote:

theparsman1885, Tue 26 Mar 12:46

He’s had one excellent game for us, a couple of decent ones, and more than a few where he’s flattered to deceive.

Perhaps he should be focusing on proving that he is deserving of an extension at this level with us first.


Agreed
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 28 Mar 21:26

Agree apart from an excellent game against United where to be honest it would be 90% of his highlights reel for this season he’s very much flattered to deceive.

If he hadn’t played so well in the United game I’m not sure anyone would be shouting we must sign this guy up. Still he’s got till the end of the season to show it wasn’t a one off.

I’d be concentrating on getting walcott though.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Thu 28 Mar 21:44

Great piece of business if we could get Walcott , could be a real moneyspinner in a couple of seasons

G.B
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 00:05

Needs to improve his finishing IMO.

Who is last guy we had that could fairly blooter the ball and give the keeper very little chance if it`s on target. McCann showed signs of if early season but seems to have reverted to passing it back to the keeper.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: adj27  
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 06:29

Jakubiak looked good to me straight from the off - apart from his finishing and getting his fitness up. Par for the course though he was then injured. He was very popular with the Dundee fans but was injury prone.

Andy
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 08:01

If he was not injury prone and was a better finisher, he is a player who would be playing in a higher league. You can`t blame him for the desire. He is probably keeping his options open. A bit surprised JM mentioned him by name igiven he is not out of contract yet. At the end of the day, people move on in the game for various reasons. With guys who are in the mid to end of their careers, they will be looking around for the best opportunity.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 08:13

Jakubiaks made a positive impact on the squad Id say. May not be a finisher, but his work rate, pace and skill (now hes match fit) is exactly what we need. Put a poacher next to him and he could be like Michael Moffat.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 08:19

I think he is one of the best players in the squad, lack of goals but he`s not the only one.

He would`ve been a match winner at ayr with his two goals aswell. A defo squad player if the price is right
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 08:26

Agree with Dave 1885 and weemike

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 08:32

Will be a big decision too as got to assume we’ll still have wighton, McCann and o’hallaran on the books next year so have to get it right with those we sign or keep for the forward positions.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 08:59

I am sure that the dynamics of the squad will shift a little next season. Given that the Utd game was televised, Jak may have attracted a bit of attention from other clubs. He has been inconsistent in my view, but that could be down to injuries. Personally, I think he needs to add goals to his game. I am sure he is a valuable player on the training ground as he is difficult to play against. If he can improve his strike rate he would be a real asset.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 17:21

Another great chance missed , went missing after the injury .

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 17:44

Both jak and McCann had great chances and really should have done better with them.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 19:16

Jak is infuriating with chances missed but he is strong can hold the ball up and is quality. He is getting better all the time and I am glad if his name is on the teamsheet.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 23:05

I think we can all agree that jak and McCann are not going to score you the goals we need, they might be useful alongside a potent goalscorer at this level but can we find or bring one in, otherwise bothare not much use to us if we want to progress.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 23:46

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 30 Mar 23:05

I think we can all agree that jak and McCann are not going to score you the goals we need, they might be useful alongside a potent goalscorer at this level but can we find or bring one in, otherwise bothare not much use to us if we want to progress.


Oh for goodness sake, give it a rest for one week 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 23:56

Apologies dave, jakubiak and McCann will bang them in at this level given half a chance….



Post Edited (Sun 31 Mar 08:53)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 10:06

I think playing in a forward position, you would be looking for double figures in terms of goals each season. I can see the strengths that he has, but it`s important to work on the areas of your game where you can improve. If he can take more of the opportunities he creates by being more clinical, then he will be a premiership player in my view.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 18:10

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 30 Mar 23:46

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 30 Mar 23:05

I think we can all agree that jak and McCann are not going to score you the goals we need, they might be useful alongside a potent goalscorer at this level but can we find or bring one in, otherwise bothare not much use to us if we want to progress.


Oh for goodness sake, give it a rest for one week 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️


He`s got a point McCann is 7 goals in 31 games jak is 2 in 23. I highly doubt teams will be waiting in a length line for their signature based on those stats.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 18:15

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sun 31 Mar 18:10

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 30 Mar 23:46

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 30 Mar 23:05

I think we can all agree that jak and McCann are not going to score you the goals we need, they might be useful alongside a potent goalscorer at this level but can we find or bring one in, otherwise bothare not much use to us if we want to progress.


Oh for goodness sake, give it a rest for one week 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️


He`s got a point McCann is 7 goals in 31 games jak is 2 in 23. I highly doubt teams will be waiting in a length line for their signature based on those stats.


Neither of them are your traditional "out and out" striker. They both have qualities that most teams in this league will be looking for, regardless of 1 goalscoring stat.

But you know that.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 18:18

McCann only has 4 league goals and hasn’t scored for almost 5 months. Jak scored all his league goals in a 10 minute spell but has at least created something for others.

If we retain Jak for next season we’ll still need a goalscorer.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 18:28

Quote:

DBA, Sun 31 Mar 18:15

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sun 31 Mar 18:10

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 30 Mar 23:46

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 30 Mar 23:05

I think we can all agree that jak and McCann are not going to score you the goals we need, they might be useful alongside a potent goalscorer at this level but can we find or bring one in, otherwise bothare not much use to us if we want to progress.


Oh for goodness sake, give it a rest for one week 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️


He`s got a point McCann is 7 goals in 31 games jak is 2 in 23. I highly doubt teams will be waiting in a length line for their signature based on those stats.


Neither of them are your traditional "out and out" striker. They both have qualities that most teams in this league will be looking for, regardless of 1 goalscoring stat.

But you know that.


Okay we will look into how many goals they were credited with an assist McCann 1 and jak 3 hardly bringing much else to the table again there so what do they actually bring? Not goals or assists?

How do our strikers compare to other players in the league, wighton is 26th McCann is 28th in the scoring charts hardly brilliant. Jak fairs better with assists 31st in the league but hardly setting the heather alight in that regard.

I`m struggling to see where else they have contributed?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 11:01

Some of you are obsessed with the current trend to reduce everything to stats. A player who plays up front who doesn`t score or assist regularly is considered to be a poor striker.

I can`t go along with that. There`s so much more to forward play than scoring and assisting goals, very important, though this is. e.g. Holding up the ball to allow midfielders to move up and beyond. Tino Asprilla was brilliant at this for Parma and Newcastle.

How often are players voted MoM because they score a couple of tap ins and done little else?



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 11:37

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 1 Apr 11:01

Some of you are obsessed with the current trend to reduce everything to stats. A player who plays up front who doesn`t score or assist regularly is considered to be a poor striker.

I can`t go along with that. There`s so much more to forward play than scoring and assisting goals, very important, though this is. e.g. Holding up the ball to allow midfielders to move up and beyond. Tino Asprilla was brilliant at this for Parma and Newcastle.

How often are players voted MoM because they score a couple of tap ins and done little else?


So if we were relegated due to our lack of goals its fine as strikers hold the ball up?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 12:15

James Tavernier is Rangers` top scorer this season.

As long as the team are scoring enough goals to win games, then does it really matter who is putting the ball in the net?




It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 12:34

Is that not because he takes their penalties though… and we all know about the rangers and their penalties
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 12:39

If Jakubiak added goals to his game he wouldn`t be playing in the Scottish Championship.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 12:48

I think Jakubiak brings something to the squad with his hold up play and runs into the box , not sure Mccan brings much at all.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 13:17

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Mon 1 Apr 11:37

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 1 Apr 11:01

Some of you are obsessed with the current trend to reduce everything to stats. A player who plays up front who doesn`t score or assist regularly is considered to be a poor striker.

I can`t go along with that. There`s so much more to forward play than scoring and assisting goals, very important, though this is. e.g. Holding up the ball to allow midfielders to move up and beyond. Tino Asprilla was brilliant at this for Parma and Newcastle.

How often are players voted MoM because they score a couple of tap ins and done little else?


So if we were relegated due to our lack of goals its fine as strikers hold the ball up?


Is that what I said? If there was a gold medal for twisting the words of another poster, you`d be a shoe after that response. 😀

I`m not going to change my mind about football being about much more than putting the ball in the net. It`s always been the case that goalscorers are idolised, and those players who carry out the more mundane roles are not given the credit they deserve. Eric Cantona described Didier Deschamps as a "water carrier." It wasn`t a compliment, but without the grafters, the flair players would struggle.



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 13:57

I`ve heard Tam McManus talk about playing with Latapy and he mentioned how he needed people to carry the piano so he could play it. Of course if the piano player doesn`t perform its going to be dull day.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 14:46

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 1 Apr 12:39

If Jakubiak added goals to his game he wouldn`t be playing in the Scottish Championship.


But he hasn`t that`s my point ???

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 14:55

My point is that if he scored goals he wouldn`t be playing for us so we wouldn`t be having this discussion. I`m still not sure what yours is.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 15:50

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 1 Apr 14:55

My point is that if he scored goals he wouldn`t be playing for us so we wouldn`t be having this discussion. I`m still not sure what yours is.


If buts and maybes don`t prove anything though. My point is he doesn`t score goals which I have provided the stats that shows just that. He doesn`t score goals It`s not really a hard concept to understand.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 16:01

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 1 Apr 14:55

My point is that if he scored goals he wouldn`t be playing for us so we wouldn`t be having this discussion. I`m still not sure what yours is.


I think that`s the point. If Jak is seeking to play in a higher league I think he needs to improve his strike rate. That`s my view also. I think his impact on games has been a bit hit or miss but that might be down to a struggling team. He was outstanding against Utd but that I`d one game. If he was consistent at that level and was more clinical in front of goal he would be a premiership player. Maybe injuries haven`t helped him, but if he decides to move on, I wish him well.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 16:14

`If buts and maybes don`t prove anything though. My point is he doesn`t score goals which I have provided the stats that shows just that. He doesn`t score goals It`s not really a hard concept to understand.`


It`s also not hard to understand that there is more to forward play than scoring goals but you seem to have difficulty grasping it.

What`s your solution? Do we let him go and recruit a `proven goalscorer` (not as freely available as some seem to think) who doesn`t have Jakubiak`s strength, pace and ability to hold the ball up? With no one in the team to supply these attributes would the striker get many chances to score? Or do we keep Jakubiak and also sign a `proven goalscorer`? It`s easy to highlight a problem but not so easy to provide a solution.



Post Edited (Mon 01 Apr 16:17)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 16:34

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 1 Apr 16:14

`If buts and maybes don`t prove anything though. My point is he doesn`t score goals which I have provided the stats that shows just that. He doesn`t score goals It`s not really a hard concept to understand.`


It`s also not hard to understand that there is more to forward play than scoring goals but you seem to have difficulty grasping it.

What`s your solution? Do we let him go and recruit a `proven goalscorer` (not as freely available as some seem to think) who doesn`t have Jakubiak`s strength, pace and ability to hold the ball up? With no one in the team to supply these attributes would the striker get many chances to score? Or do we keep Jakubiak and also sign a `proven goalscorer`? It`s easy to highlight a problem but not so easy to provide a solution.



Kane can hold the ball up and has scored double the amount of goals and he`s only been here for a few months. We lost 1m last year we can`t afford to keep guys just because they can hold the ball up. He doesn`t score and doesn`t get assists but as long as he holds the ball up 🤷‍♂️

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 16:54

Kane isn`t our player though is he? How is he the solution? (They`ve both scored twice I think so I don`t know where your stats come from).

You need someone capable of holding the ball up to get players up the pitch to score goals. How long have you been watching football? Do you think you just play a couple of guys up front who can score goals and everything`s fine?

`Assists` are over-rated in my view. Somebody like Jakubiak could hold the ball up and play in KRH who would make the final pass to Todd to score (as happened v Dundee Utd). Todd gets the goal, KRH gets the assist and Jakubiak gets no statistical credit!



Post Edited (Mon 01 Apr 17:05)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 17:19

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 1 Apr 16:54

Kane isn`t our player though is he? How is he the solution? (They`ve both scored twice I think so I don`t know where your stats come from).

You need someone capable of holding the ball up to get players up the pitch to score goals. How long have you been watching football? Do you think you just play a couple of guys up front who can score goals and everything`s fine?

`Assists` are over-rated in my view. Somebody like Jakubiak could hold the ball up and play in KRH who would make the final pass to Todd to score (as happened v Dundee Utd). Todd gets the goal, KRH gets the assist and Jakubiak gets no statistical credit!



You`re wasting your time, wee eck. There`s none so deaf as those who will not hear.

A player who can put the ball in the net but does little else is of little use unless his teammates can create goal scoring opportunities for him.



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 17:29

Alex has a great first touch, is strong and has great vision and can pass a ball. The lack of goals is a worry but it`s a theme throughout the whole squad.

He`s one of the best players at the club,

I`m willing to bet if everyone at the club had to pick players for their own squad Alex would be an early pick for them all.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 17:51

If you Google it you'll see the stats. Our strikers don't score enough goals. This was apparently because we didn't create enough when I brought it up earlier in the season. Jak had basically an open goal and failed to hit the target on Saturday. I'm unsure how easy he wants chances to score if he can't score that ?

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Mon 01 Apr 17:59)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 18:37

Roy Keane likened Haaland to a league two player for his contribution outside the box yesterday




It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 18:38

Oh aye, football management by Google. Why do we bother recruiting folk with years of experience in the professional game?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 18:50

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 1 Apr 18:38

Oh aye, football management by Google. Why do we bother recruiting folk with years of experience in the professional game?


Probably get more scouting done than our head Scout who is laying balls off in the warm up and sitting in the dug out on match days.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 18:56

Jakubiak isn’t anymore our player than Kane is





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 19:06

Football matches don`t just take place on Saturday afternoons.

If Jakubiak isn`t our player who is? I would have thought we have more chance of signing him for next season than Kane.

Lots of deflection here from what we do if we don`t keep Jakubiak.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 19:37

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 1 Apr 19:06

Football matches don`t just take place on Saturday afternoons.

If Jakubiak isn`t our player who is? I would have thought we have more chance of signing him for next season than Kane.

Lots of deflection here from what we do if we don`t keep Jakubiak.


Signing someone who scores more than 4 goals will be a good start

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 19:45

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 1 Apr 19:06

Football matches don`t just take place on Saturday afternoons.

If Jakubiak isn`t our player who is? I would have thought we have more chance of signing him for next season than Kane.

Lots of deflection here from what we do if we don`t keep Jakubiak.


Your point was Kane wasn’t ours, neither is Jakubiak. I’m not deflecting, I like Jakubiak and you will do well to find a negative comment from me on him.





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 20:14

In our highest league position in my lifetime supporting the Pars, 4th place in 03/04, we wouldn`t have done it without the iconic partnership of Crawford and Brewster.

Despite huge scepticism when he signed up Brewster was unbelievable in his relatively short spell with the Pars. How many goals did he, a striker, score in our most successful league season for decades in one of our most beloved strike partnerships?

(Edit) Five.

Post Edited (Mon 01 Apr 20:31)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 20:16

OK, I`m out. I suspect it`s an academic discussion because McPake seems to rate Jakubiak and will probably offer him a deal.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 20:17

So, you`re saying Brewster was rubbish...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 20:29

Jak is doing just fine. How many championship teams have anyone with more than 10 goals this season?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 20:38

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Mon 1 Apr 20:14

In our highest league position in my lifetime supporting the Pars, 4th place in 03/04, we wouldn`t have done it without the iconic partnership of Crawford and Brewster.

Despite huge scepticism when he signed up Brewster was unbelievable in his relatively short spell with the Pars. How many goals did he, a striker, score in our most successful league season for decades in one of our most beloved strike partnerships?

(Edit) Five.


Nice one, Rusty. You could have added that Crawford was relatively anonymous whenever Brewster was missing. El Bakhtoui also benefitted greatly from having Michael Moffat as such a selfless and clever strike partner.



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 21:23

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 1 Apr 20:29

Jak is doing just fine. How many championship teams have anyone with more than 10 goals this season?


6 teams, Dundee Utd have Watt and Moult, Partick have Graham, Raith have Vaughan, QP have Paton, Ayr have Dowds and Morton have Muirhead.

Jakubiak is okay, but has only had a few good games. I think he will be better as the team is getting stronger though. I wouldn`t be that bothered if he went elsewhere at the end of the season and we were able to bring in Chris Kane and someone like Paton who has a bit of end product
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 22:03

Quite a few then, shows how much I know 😀

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 22:24

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 1 Apr 20:17

So, you`re saying Brewster was rubbish...


He definitely didn`t say that.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 22:26

Quote:

red-star-par, Mon 1 Apr 21:23

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 1 Apr 20:29

Jak is doing just fine. How many championship teams have anyone with more than 10 goals this season?


6 teams, Dundee Utd have Watt and Moult, Partick have Graham, Raith have Vaughan, QP have Paton, Ayr have Dowds and Morton have Muirhead.

Jakubiak is okay, but has only had a few good games. I think he will be better as the team is getting stronger though. I wouldn`t be that bothered if he went elsewhere at the end of the season and we were able to bring in Chris Kane and someone like Paton who has a bit of end product


He`s had a lot more than a few good games.
He`s had a few outstanding games.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 22:59

Quote:

DJAS, Mon 1 Apr 18:56

Jakubiak isn’t anymore our player than Kane is


Why is that exactly?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 07:41

Quote:

DBA, Mon 1 Apr 22:59

Quote:

DJAS, Mon 1 Apr 18:56

Jakubiak isn’t anymore our player than Kane is


Why is that exactly?


I was about to ask this - how is a player who is signed to us on a permanent contract, no more than a loan player? 🤔😂
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 08:04

I think the point is that they`ll both be away end of season as it currently stands.

Ep.14 of East End Tales is out now- The Draft

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14182410
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 08:14

Quote:

Dave_1885, Tue 2 Apr 07:41

Quote:

DBA, Mon 1 Apr 22:59

Quote:

DJAS, Mon 1 Apr 18:56

Jakubiak isn’t anymore our player than Kane is


Why is that exactly?


I was about to ask this - how is a player who is signed to us on a permanent contract, no more than a loan player? 🤔😂


I thought he was on loan. My bad.





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 08:24

Maybe you should have read the opening post which initiated this whole debate!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 10:01

“He’s had a lot more than a few good games
He’s had a few outstanding games”

He’s had one outstanding game, and more poor games than good.
Certainly had some outstandingly bad misses on goal, Saturday’s being particularly awful.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 10:43

Quote:

Parboiled, Tue 2 Apr 10:01

“He’s had a lot more than a few good games
He’s had a few outstanding games”

He’s had one outstanding game, and more poor games than good.
Certainly had some outstandingly bad misses on goal, Saturday’s being particularly awful.


I disagree, he`s been half decent in nearly every appearance with two outstanding, ayr away and utd at home. In His really poor performances, he hasn`t been alone.

He`s easily a championship player and we are a championship club, so if the price is right, it`s a no brainer for the club
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 11:14

Was very effective in the recent game at Firhill as well

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Par-timer  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 13:28

His career stats - more than half of his two hundred plus appearances have been from the bench – indicate that he’s always been seen viewed as an impact player, so much so that if he begins just three more matches for us, the Pars will become the club he’s made the most starts for. He’s finally (at the age of 27) getting a decent run in a team and can potentially put together the consistent run of games which everyone is understandably looking for, so we will hopefully see more of the same input from him even if the season as a whole peters out.

It’s definitely a case of “Feed the Jak and he will hold the ball up or go on a powerful dribble” more than “…and he will score”, but as everyone seems to agree, that can be a very useful skillset at Championship level.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 00:05

I’d like to see Dowds with a striker like either Kane or Jak, someone with an eye for goal. The ideal one would be Paton but he will no doubt sign for a bottom SPL club on the bench or a newly relegated club given the money to take him from QP
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 14:03

Although he’s improved a fair bit in the last month or so the first half of the season jak was having no impact on games at all. Running down blind alleys and relying on the break of the ball more often than not. Also regularly missing chances you would expect a forward player at this to take at least some of the time.

Problem remains that if we sign jak up then we’ll also have o’hallaran, wighton and mccann to play alongside him, who is going to score the goals from that lot?

I’m not sure we can also afford a Kane type striker and jak on top of these players, I assume we brought Kane in due to injuries and lack of decent strikers.

It will be interesting to see what happens, mcpake clearly rates him and will be keen to sign him up.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 16:30

Don`t forget Taylor Sutherland!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 17:18

Jakubiak is a solid player. May not score loads but he creates chances and is creative. I suspect next season we may seek to loan out some of our experienced strikers.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 17:43

Problem with having a guy good at holding it up is you need someone to score the goals like we did with moff and fais etc. we have wighton McCann etc bone of which are what you`d call natural goal scorers.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 18:16

I think Wighton would score a fair quota of goals playing with Jakubiak. Have they played together much this season and have they been 100% fit at the same time?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 18:42

People on here do realise that we can sell players who are under contract eh? 🤔😂

Might not get much for them, but just because they are under contract for next year doesnt mean they will be here

Post Edited (Wed 03 Apr 18:43)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 20:48

Contracts can also be mutually terminated which these days is the more likely outcome

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 21:21

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Apr 18:16

I think Wighton would score a fair quota of goals playing with Jakubiak. Have they played together much this season and have they been 100% fit at the same time?


Agree




It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 22:13

Who is going to take wighton and o’hallaran given their injuries and lack of form this season? Maybe a loan near the end of the window until Jan but ain’t no one taking them on a free from us. If we mutually agree for them to go it will still cost us most of thier contract I would imagine.

McCann I’m sure could be loaned to a team in the league 1 which would free up a space.

I would take jak over McCann and o’hallaran, but we can’t bank on anyone coming in for them and covering thier wages next season plus adding a goalscorer on top.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 22:20

Quote:

Berkey, Wed 3 Apr 22:13

Who is going to take wighton and o’hallaran given their injuries and lack of form this season? Maybe a loan near the end of the window until Jan but ain’t no one taking them on a free from us. If we mutually agree for them to go it will still cost us most of thier contract I would imagine.

McCann I’m sure could be loaned to a team in the league 1 which would free up a space.

I would take jak over McCann and o’hallaran, but we can’t bank on anyone coming in for them and covering thier wages next season plus adding a goalscorer on top.


O'halloran is more of a wide player than a target man. I'd be happy if jakubiak stayed right now he is a first team starter.

Hopefully he can win himself a new deal.

Post Edited (Wed 03 Apr 22:27)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 22:26

Berkey, you always assume McPake has the same opinion as you of the players he has signed. Obviously he doesn`t, so he won`t be looking to offload players just because you don`t rate them.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 07:41

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Apr 22:26

Berkey, you always assume McPake has the same opinion as you of the players he has signed. Obviously he doesn`t, so he won`t be looking to offload players just because you don`t rate them.


If McPake decided to offload a player because of someone`s opinion on a football forum , then he shouldn`t be a football manager
I`m pretty sure Berkey doesn`t assume anything of the sort and he is , as most of the time people do on here is giving his own opinion of which a lot of people disagree with, but he his entitled to that opinion and should been given that respect even if you think its a load of rubbish.

Wee Eck, once again you`ve decided to have a go at someone without giving any differing opinion, just to start an argument
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 08:05

If you read the thread you`ll see I quite clearly express my opinion. I agree with the view that there is more to attacking play than scoring goals. I suggest that a partnership of Jakubiak and Wighton would be quite fruitful. Berkey`s view seems to be that we ditch them along with McCann and O`Halloran. I was simply pointing out this is highly unlikely given the manager signed these players or extended their contracts.

I just don`t get this accusation which is constantly made that disagreeing with someone is somehow disrespecting them or even denying them an opinion. It`s a forum to debate different views. As long as it`s civil and we stick to the rules I don`t see a problem.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 08:08

I have to disagree with Jak and Wighton up top. I think it`s one or the other. They`re both decent support strikers but not who you want to rely on for goals.

Find a decent partner for either of them though and we`ll be OK.

Ep.14 of East End Tales is out now- The Draft

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14182410
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 10:14

A fully fit Wighton, playing with a fully fit Jakubiak or Kane in the time would probably score more than his fair share of goals. If we could find a way to accommodate all three then I think that would be fruitful, if they were playing in the full strength, injury free team we have now. All 3 are probably not as prolific as they should be, but that`s what we can afford.
It has been a while since we had a really dangerous goal scorer though, someone who we could really rely on to tuck away the half chances into the onion bag
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 11:04

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Thu 4 Apr 07:41Wee Eck, once again you`ve decided to have a go at someone without giving any differing opinion, just to start an argument


That`s simply not true. Read his post. He clearly gives his opinion.

If folk (and I won`t name names) continually post the same disparaging stuff about the same players almost daily, then they should expect others to disagree with them. That`s not denying them the right to post, it`s how a public forum works.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 11:31

Just for balance, because someone can score 15+ goals else where doesn`t mean they will for us, and vice versa, I wouldn`t be surprised to see McCann or jakubiak have a cracking season at another club.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 12:15

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 4 Apr 11:04

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Thu 4 Apr 07:41Wee Eck, once again you`ve decided to have a go at someone without giving any differing opinion, just to start an argument


That`s simply not true. Read his post. He clearly gives his opinion.

If folk (and I won`t name names) continually post the same disparaging stuff about the same players almost daily, then they should expect others to disagree with them. That`s not denying them the right to post, it`s how a public forum works.

I agree, having a difference of opinion is how a forum works as long as that debate doesn`t veer into something off tangent

And taking your own advice, read my post in which it refers to one poster accusing the other that he assumed McPake had the same opinion of players which is clearly not true.

That doesn`t need to happen and is ( in my opinion) just baiting the other poster with a comment that doesn`t fit with the narrative of the thread which is about the ability of Alex Jakubiak
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 15:15

Problem seems to be having a fully fit wighton. Has he ever been fully fit in a pars shirt?

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Fri 05 Apr 15:17)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 15:49

Other than last season - when he played 42 matches?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 15:54

And only scoring a goal every 2.8 games in a league where we dominated. Can`t see him hitting similar numbers in this league. I`m sure when i mentioned his scoring stats the excuse I got was he was playing injured.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 16:07

He scored 20 goals in these 42 games according to Soccerbase and didn`t score until his 10th appearance so effectively scored 20 in 33 appearances. Didn`t he have a problem with his knees in the early part of the season but the medical advice was to play through it? That could explain why it took him so long to get off the mark. He scored 8 goals in the last 8 games of the season.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 16:12

Someone tell me what his scoring record was like in his loan spell from Hearts? That was in the championship.

Ep.14 of East End Tales is out now- The Draft

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14182410
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 16:24

6 goals in 13 appearances including play-offs and Scottish Cup.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 16:29

Nicky Clark was fairly prolific when he played for us yet he got slaughtered as well.

He was lazy, only score against certain teams and only got picked because of his old man.

This post has that vibe
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 16:58

Yeah, LEGEND85. there was one poster in particular called StickyPar who used to slaughter Nicky Clark on here, including alleging he was a bad influence in the dressing-room. Strangely he never posted after Clark moved on.

I do see similarities in the way Clark and Wighton play but some fans seem to prefer all-action, physical types up front.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 17:00

I`d settle for a striker who scores goals.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 17:02

Like Wighton did last season - when he was free of injury?

To be fair though, Kane is an upgrade on all of the strikers we currently have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 17:06

`I`d settle for a striker who scores goals.`

Yeah, we know. You`d have a forward line full of players who score goals. You quote stats then when somebody quotes stats that don`t suit your agenda you dismiss them.



Post Edited (Fri 05 Apr 17:13)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 17:17

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 5 Apr 16:24

6 goals in 13 appearances including play-offs and Scottish Cup.


Thanks. I like that record.

Ep.14 of East End Tales is out now- The Draft

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14182410
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 17:19

What stats have I dismissed? He`s had one good season in a seaside league every other season he hasn`t really done much.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 17:22

Come on, Cammy. Hands up




It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 17:30

`What stats have I dismissed? He`s had one good season in a seaside league every other season he hasn`t really done much.`

You`d hardly believe somebody could contract himself in two sentences!

Are you capable of assessing a player based on anything other than historical stats?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 17:45

Okay let`s have a look at his stats for this season since you`ve decided I can`t look at historical facts 19 games 5 goals and 1 assist. Hylton plays for Arbroath the worst team in the league this year 17 goals played 6 games. Not great reading.

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Fri 05 Apr 17:48)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 17:56

Wighton hasn`t been fully fit for the last few games he played according to the manager but played as we were short of players. He had an injection before the QP game at Hampden. He`s had an op to clear things up and might be available before the end of the season.

Football management is so easy in your book. If somebody scores more goals than somebody else he must be a better player.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 18:09

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 5 Apr 17:45

Okay let`s have a look at his stats for this season since you`ve decided I can`t look at historical facts 19 games 5 goals and 1 assist. Hylton plays for Arbroath the worst team in the league this year 17 goals played 6 games. Not great reading.


17 goals in 6 games, he`ll no be at Arbroath long.....🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 18:16

Unfortunately we have Mr wighton next year. I picked that player as he has played roughly the same amount of games as wighton. Matty Todd has played 5 less games and 1 behind the dizzy heights of 5 goals.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 18:23

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 5 Apr 17:19

What stats have I dismissed? He`s had one good season in a seaside league every other season he hasn`t really done much.


"The seaside league"

🙄

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 19:02

I mean, Wighton didnt score a single league goal in 21/22 in the Championship, and that was for 2 different clubs 😂 just saying…..
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 19:26

More managers than goals, eh?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 20:10

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 5 Apr 19:02

I mean, Wighton didnt score a single league goal in 21/22 in the Championship, and that was for 2 different clubs 😂 just saying…..


...one fighting for the title and the other trying to escape relegation.... This stat did concern me when we retained him for this season. It would have been hard not to give him a deal though given his goal return last season. Imagine the venting on here if scored for anyone else! One year with an optional extra one would have been more prudent for us.

Hearts fans seemed to rave about him when he was there. I think he`d tend to play as the left most forward and cut in but we don`t play him there, maybe his knees don`t allow for the running to do that now.

Chris Kane has looked a significant upgrade in the baldy headed line leading striker department, a shame given he`s not our player. Hopefully we get a chance to see him and Wighton together at some point.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 20:37

One thing I find strange on here is when posters suggest McPake, when deciding on contracts, should have taken into account how players performed at a time when he wasn`t at the club. It`s been mentioned here re Wighton and is often said about Chalmers and Mehmet and maybe others. In fact sometimes it`s suggested anyone who was part of the relegated squad should have been ditched! Surely you have to trust a manager to make decisions based on his own experience of these players?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 22:35

I would imagine when most managers come in they would say, `it is a clean slate / fresh start / new regime for everyone to prove their worth`. This will be correct to an extent but behind closed doors however I would be surprised if they didn`t consider what had gone before, particularly with injury records, disciplinary issues, or past performance in a position they are looking for someone to play. It can be a very short posting as a manager so they`d be mad not to.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alex Jakubiak
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 6 Apr 11:53

That sounds very sensible to me, Jeffery.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net