DAFC.net
Home 29 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Airdrie + James McPake + Kyle Benedictus
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 10:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P7eVMl01Co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNV8nHU063g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibb0lltc-Z4?si

Post Edited (Sun 14 Apr 16:18)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Airdrie
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 11:24

It was uncanny how much space Airdrie found when they were on the attack. It was as if they had an extra man and they always seemed to find him!.

Their first goal was well-struck but there were plenty defenders in the way and Mehmet didn`t react. Could it have got a deflection?

McCann (who was one of our better players yesterday) set up a great chance immediately after that goal, squaring the ball across the six-yard box, but it eluded all attackers and defenders.

MFW lost his marker at our corner and took his chance well but seemed to be caught flat-footed at their second goal when he had a chance to clear. The quick free kick caught us out though.

I haven`t seen any stats re possession etc but the highlights suggested we had more of the game than I thought at the time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 11:52

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 14 Apr 11:24

It was uncanny how much space Airdrie found when they were on the attack. It was as if they had an extra man and they always seemed to find him!.

Their first goal was well-struck but there were plenty defenders in the way and Mehmet didn`t react. Could it have got a deflection?

McCann (who was one of our better players yesterday) set up a great chance immediately after that goal, squaring the ball across the six-yard box, but it eluded all attackers and defenders.

MFW lost his marker at our corner and took his chance well but seemed to be caught flat-footed at their second goal when he had a chance to clear. The quick free kick caught us out though.

I haven`t seen any stats re possession etc but the highlights suggested we had more of the game than I thought at the time.

You thought McCann was one of our better players yesterday in what way?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 11:58

Well he set up that chance. He also had a couple of goal attempts and generally put himself about a bit. He gets accused of being lazy but I wouldn`t say that`s one of his faults.

I`ll admit being one of our better players yesterday wasn`t a particularly high bar though.

[IP address logged]
 Re: Highlights Airdrie James McPake
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:11

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 14 Apr 11:24

McCann is and was absolutely honking
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:16

Isn`t it strange how two posters pick on my comment about McCann in my review of the highlights? Maybe I should have mentioned the players I didn`t rate yesterday. There were plenty to choose from.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Highlights Airdrie + James McPake
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:24

Wee eck, your first paragraph in your original posts sounds a bit like what we used to see every week until a certain players was dropped, no surprise he was reinstated yesterday and it happened again?

Problem with the comments on McCann might be that even if he has a decent game by his standards it’s not a decent game by championship level standards.

I don’t think McCann is lazy, the problem for me is you need more than just a high workrate to be a competent player at this level.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:36

So one player was responsible for Airdrie seeming to have an extra man despite the fact that it happened in all areas of the pitch?

Once a player is a marked man on here you`re not supposed to make anything resembling a positive comment about him. I said last week I thought McCann`s problem was that he didn`t have a footballer`s instinct but that doesn`t mean I`m going to lay into him every week.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 16:07

Wasn’t at the game but it’s clear the squad needs better quality for next season. Guys like Hamilton are too big a miss and the replacements aren’t at this level. Issue is most who need moved on were given 2 year deals so unless anyone’s willing to take them it’ll be more of the same next season as these guys won’t push us on to the next level

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 16:15

I’m surprised that nobody has commented on the fact that the first goal came about because we didn’t send men out to combat the short corner. That’s schoolboy stuff

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Re: Highlights Airdrie + James McPake + Kyle Benedictus
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 16:23

Few times now we’ve been caught out with quick restarts

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 16:36

need at least a point from queens park then our goal difference shoild keep us save from play offs then we can relax and play a bit

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 17:14

`we`ve got to be switched on`

``we switched off`

Heard that too many times this season when the opposition take quick set pieces. It`s basic stuff and any opposition manager doing their homework would know to exploit this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 18:56

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 14 Apr 11:58

Well he set up that chance. He also had a couple of goal attempts and generally put himself about a bit. He gets accused of being lazy but I wouldn`t say that`s one of his faults.

I`ll admit being one of our better players yesterday wasn`t a particularly high bar though.

That chance you’re talking about.. he absolutely hammered across the face of goal when there was no real need too. It eluded everyone because he smashed it rather than trying to pick someone out. He was honkin yesterday, I noted he won ONE header all game, and that one he flicked onto nobody. He had two (maybe 3) shots which failed to hit the target. It amazes me what people see as a positive performance, if that’s how low the bar is set I might bring my boots next week.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 19:15

Do that; it would be good to see you strut your stuff.

It disappoints me that, when fans make their minds up about a player, they never give him credit for anything positive. It`s as if they just go looking for negatives to justify their opinions.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 19:26

Thats it wee eck, a player stinks the place out for 89 minutes but your pointing to that one minutes worth of play when he made a few runs or put a cross in as a positive.

If that minute cannot be repeated often enough each game it’s what i would refer to as having a poor game and if its consistently not produced over a number of games and seasons then i would call that just not good enough and its time for us as a club to move on and get better in.

I guess we all set our own bar for what we expect from a pars player.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 19:36

Well apply these criteria to everyone who played yesterday rather than just one you made your mind up about ages ago.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 19:50

I think the majority of Pars fans would love to see McCann do well at times he looks a player. However I think rather than improving he seems to have gone backwards in my opinion.

In the second half he broke well and got himself into a great position and if he looked up he would have seen Kane alongside him and in space instead he ran into trouble and I think we ended up with a corner.

Agree others yesterday were as bad if not poorer than McCann but it was mentioned that he was one of our better players that`s why folk are focusing on him
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 20:08

Who were these `better` players? Apart from Mehmet maybe I didn`t think anyone played particularly well. I noticed no one started a MOM thread this week.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 02:12

We all have our opinions about the merits or otherwise of different players, which is fair enough. Most of us have watched football for many years (or decades) so we`ve seen many successful and unsuccessful teams and players and formed judgments as fans.

But very few of us have had the responsibility of scouting potential players, negotiating with agents and football boards, managing dressing rooms, picking teams, setting tactics etc, all the stuff football managers have to do. I suspect we don`t know the half of why some players are chosen and others not.

Maybe all the DAFC managers (of varying experience) over the last few years who have consistently picked some of the fans` regular scapegoats have been wrong to do so. Maybe these managers were all stubborn and had poor judgment. Maybe they just made mistakes. Maybe.

But as a Pars fan I will always seek to support and encourage any player who pulls on a DAFC shirt. I believe that with remarkably few exceptions they are trying their best, sometimes while carrying injuries, and while I may not always applaud them I will never boo them.

As a Pars fan I will NOT, under any circumstances actively discourage any Pars player by posting on a public forum, that the player and his family can read, that he "stinks the place out", that he is "a waste of space", that he is " a wage thief", that he is "a useless charlatan" or any of the other similar stuff that gets posted here about our players (and no doubt on the forums of other clubs too, but that`s just whataboutery.)

Our players are just ordinary young men who will naturally read what is posted about them, whatever advice they are given. Does anyone seriously think they will play better after reading these personal comments? Is it not much more likely their confidence will be damaged and their performance will suffer, or they will simply want to leave? Are such comments not therefore counter-productive?

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 06:38

Great post, Stanza. You should change your username to one more appropriate - Solomon perhaps? 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 09:12

I came to the conclusion a while ago that some fans have a completely different idea from me about the meaning of supporting a football club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 18:34

For me supporting your club is not about happy clapping and being happy with whatever your served up on a sat regardless.

we’re talking about a couple of players here who were dropped as soon as we had players fit enough to come in or players were brought in as we were in danger of relegation as the season has gone on, so even our own dugout has realised they are limited and not contributing enough at this level. They ain’t untried youngsters learning their trade either.

McCann started the season relatively well, signed that 3 year deal at the start of October then fell off a cliff and now hasn’t scored for 5 months.

https://dafc.co.uk/mccann-signs-contract-extension/#

Note the quote - “When we first came into the club, we watched this player and both myself and Dave said, ‘if we can’t make this player better then we shouldn’t be coaches’.

Post Edited (Mon 15 Apr 18:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 18:52

1 I don`t think anyone has said they were happy with Saturday`s performance.

2 Players get dropped all the time to make way for others because only eleven can start. It`s a squad game.

3 You rarely, if ever, post anything positive about the club or the team. I can`t imagine what pleasure you get from following the Pars.

4 What do you think about Stanza`s post at 02:12 this morning? Does any of it resonate with you?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 19:51

McCann strikes me as someone short on confidence. Let`s hope he doesn`t come on here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 12:04

I think it`s harsh to label McCann as lazy. Short of the ability required to do well at this level probably close to the mark but definitely not lazy.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 12:42

McCann would surely benefit from a season or half-season on loan, where he can experience a fresh environment and hopefully regain his confidence.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 11:32

Where do you send him next year Oz?

He was poor last season at a lower level before and after the injury which sidelined him for a month or so in a team dominating possession in most matches.

He’ll be 23 by the start of next season, what’s he going to learn out on loan at a lower level that he hasn’t learned from better players here over the last 130 appearances?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 11:44

Change the record man. Are you like this outwith this forum? It's borderline bullying.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Wed 17 Apr 11:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 11:49

What took you so long da?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 12:01

Quote:

Berkey, Wed 17 Apr 11:49

What took you so long da?

I try to ignore you as I disagree with almost everything you say but even on this thread you`ve posted the same stuff 4 times about one player. It`s pathetic. Just think about what you post. I have a son his age and I`m glad he doesn`t play for the Pars with folk like you in the stands and online abusing him constantly.

As I said, change the record. Constantly slagging off the same players and repeating the same things on nearly every thread.

Pathetic stuff.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 18:10

You okay hun?

You want me to change the record but you follow me round on this forum saying exactly the same thing to my every post….perhaps you need to heed your advice?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 21:05

Quote:

Berkey, Wed 17 Apr 18:10

You okay hun?

Grow up

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net