DAFC.net
Home 23 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kenny Miller
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 13 May 06:44

Defending the indefensible. 🤣😂🤣

https://www.google.com/gasearch?q=kenny%20miller%20post%20match%20&source=sh/x/gs/m2/5#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:7b62ac99,vid:ARXGM3-nYzs,st:0

Even Kris Boyd disagreed with him.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kenny Miller
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 13 May 08:06

Spending all that time with Sutton would drive anybody loopy though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 May 08:10

Quote:

ipswichpar, Mon 13 May 08:06

Spending all that time with Sutton would drive anybody loopy though.

Sutton can be an annoying prat, and his Celtic bias is always evident, but Miller`s is completely off the scale.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 13 May 08:15

Sutton is intelligent and is on the wind up, at times. Miller is not intelligent.
That`s the main difference.

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 13 May 08:16

I liked McFadden before that. Even more now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 13 May 08:22

I can`t really understand Miller`s argument. He seems to agree it should have been a red card initially but resents the fact that it was only the intervention of VAR that made Collum change his mind and give the correct decision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 13 May 09:17

The mans utterly clueless and just a hard faced blue nose - which is strange having played for both sides of them…….

He also said it wasn’t a penalty 🙄 when it clearly was 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big G Ball  
Date:   Mon 13 May 09:23

Kenny the hun Miller….useless
Michael the fool Stewart ….useless
Neil clueless McCann……useless

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 13 May 10:00

At first look I thought it was a yellow card but once I saw it again then I agree with the red card
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 13 May 10:26

That`s ALWAYS been a red card - out of control, studs up, catches him on the ankle. As Sutton says, it`s been a red since the 70s. The fact ANYONE thinks that could possibly be a yellow is utterly insane.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 May 19:56

Quote:

Bandy, Mon 13 May 10:26

That`s ALWAYS been a red card - out of control, studs up, catches him on the ankle. As Sutton says, it`s been a red since the 70s. The fact ANYONE thinks that could possibly be a yellow is utterly insane.

I think Miller knows it`s a red card, but being the " Rangers pundit", he feels he has to stick up for them at all costs to endear himself to the "Follow Follow" Brigade, who will have had a collective meltdown at the way the game unfolded.

I haven`t looked at it but I`d bet my house on it being highly entertaining. It was hilarious after they lost in Dingwall. The insults hurled at their own players were something else. 😱

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Mon 13 May 21:28

Topic Originator: Dave_1885
Date: Mon 13 May 09:17

The mans utterly clueless and just a hard faced blue nose - which is strange having played for both sides of them…….

Miller certainly made a fool of himself with his comments regarding the sending off…….but….he was right about one thing…….it was never a pen….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 03:57

Yes, not a pen for me

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunPar  
Date:   Tue 14 May 04:11

As much as it pains me, I thought the penalty was pretty soft and ultimately should’ve been reversed on VAR. On replay of tackle, Yes - red.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 14 May 04:45

Im sorry, but it was a pen. O’Riley has pulled his leg back to take a shot and Sterling? Has put his leg in the way, not won the ball and tripped him.

The contact may be minimal, but thats all thats needed to put you off balance and lose your footing - penalty all day long. Its why Collum didn’t change his mind.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 14 May 06:29

I don`t see how it isn`t a penalty O`Reilly is getting a shot away his leg is back to hit it and when he brings it down the rangers player out his foot in front of the ball stopping a shot and you could argue a goal scoring opportunity.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Tue 14 May 08:06

It`s a stick-on pen. Player comes in behind, impedes the foot about to kick the ball and stops him doing that. The theatrics afterwards doesn`t stop it still being a penalty.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 08:37

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 13 May 09:17

He`s a Rangers fan. He went to Celtic for financial reasons, not football ones.

It was never a pen, Dave. I played with guy who could "win" a pen almost at will, by knocking the ball past his opponent and then hooking his foot around his opponent`s and falling over. He was a good amateur player, you`d think a top pro would perfect that trick even more.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Tue 14 May 09:07

O’Reilly deliberately makes contact with Rangers players leg….oldest trick in the book. May have and indeed did look a pen at first but when replay is watched it is clear. How the ref can watch that on the tv and award a pen is baffling. How any one else can’t see it too….is also baffling. I don’t think the Rangers player even made the slightest contact, it was O’Reilly that played for it. He should have been booked.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 09:35

Quote:

desparado, Tue 14 May 09:07

O’Reilly deliberately makes contact with Rangers players leg….oldest trick in the book. May have and indeed did look a pen at first but when replay is watched it is clear. How the ref can watch that on the tv and award a pen is baffling. How any one else can’t see it too….is also baffling. I don’t think the Rangers player even made the slightest contact, it was O’Reilly that played for it. He should have been booked.

Completely agree and justice was done when O`Reilly`s kick was saved.

And while we`re at it, Rangers` goal should have been chalked off. Sterling had both hands on his opponent`s shoulders, using him to lever himself up and at the same time preventing the Celtic player from jumping. I was surprised nobody mentioned that,

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 14 May 15:33

We were in Spain - but managed to catch Miller`s mince on Sky Sports about Lundstum`s sending off.

Can`t think I`ve heard a so called pundit talk so much nonsense.

It ticked every box for a red card IMO.

The only mystery was why Willie Collum needed VAR to get it correct, eventually.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 16:22

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 14 May 15:33

We were in Spain - but managed to catch Miller`s mince on Sky Sports about Lundstum`s sending off.

Can`t think I`ve heard a so called pundit talk so much nonsense.

It ticked every box for a red card IMO.

The only mystery was why Willie Collum needed VAR to get it correct, eventually.

I think it`s fair to say Willie Collum would have wanted to err on the side of caution in this fixture as the Follow Follow, WATP fans, have him down as a closet Sellick fan and the vitriol would have reached biblical proportions if he`d issued a red card and VAR had then intervened to reduce it to a yellow.

Can you imagine the hatefest on SM and maybe on Sportscene an aw..... 😱

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 14 May 16:45

Collum may have thought Lundstram played the ball first?

This is exactly what VAR was brought in for - it would be easy for the official on the pitch to issue a yellow on the basis that Lundstram played the ball - a clear and obvious error that can be proven on review.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 20:15

Getting pumped 2-0 off Dundee 😂

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 21:03

Quote:

Bandy, Tue 14 May 16:45

Collum may have thought Lundstram played the ball first?

This is exactly what VAR was brought in for - it would be easy for the official on the pitch to issue a yellow on the basis that Lundstram played the ball - a clear and obvious error that can be proven on review.

Agreed. That`s probably the more plausible explanation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jwd1103  
Date:   Wed 15 May 20:45

Shows how wrong Miller was when a Sevco cheerleader like Kris Boyd disagreed with him.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net