DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Your Scotland team V Germany
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 11:14

Who would you pick?

Given that Clarke will almost certainly play a 3/5 at the back I`d have:

Gunn

Hendry
Porteous
Tierney

Ralston
Gilmour
McTominay
McGinn
Robertson

Christie

Adams

Think he`s got a proper dilemma in the middle of the park tbh. He`s super loyal to Callum McGregor but for me Billy Gilmour is a first pick all day long for ball retention. How can you not pick McTominay or McGinn and Christie is arguably in the form of his life at Bournemouth. I also think Adams is far better a player than Shankland but I reckon Shanks will get the nod.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Your Scotland team V Germany
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 11:29

Don`t think he`ll start Shankland. For me it is either Adams or we play Christie as a false nine and try and get runners from midfield to join up. I think Gilmour may play as he`s the one player you`d trust to take it under pressure and keep it, there`s nobody else really who you`d be confident in doing that other than Gilmour.

I can see: Gunn; Hendry, Porteous, Tierney; Ralston, Gilmour, MacGregor, Robertson; McTominay, McGinn; Christie.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 11:29

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Wed 12 Jun 11:14

Who would you pick?

Given that Clarke will almost certainly play a 3/5 at the back I`d have:

Gunn

Hendry
Porteous
Tierney

Ralston
Gilmour
McTominay
McGinn
Robertson

Christie

Adams

Think he`s got a proper dilemma in the middle of the park tbh. He`s super loyal to Callum McGregor but for me Billy Gilmour is a first pick all day long for ball retention. How can you not pick McTominay or McGinn and Christie is arguably in the form of his life at Bournemouth. I also think Adams is far better a player than Shankland but I reckon Shanks will get the nod.

Will be McTominay if he is fit and Christie if not. McGregor starts all day long. Hanley probably starts in front of Porto as well.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PansPar  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 11:37

My XI would be the same as yours Rusty, but I have the fear that Hanley`s going to start ahead of Porteous.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 11:45

Will be McGregor for Christie and I think Shankland might just get the nod up front.

Hanley has to be dropped. I know Finland was only a friendly but once again caught napping as always seems to be the case with him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 12:02

Quote:

kelty_par, Wed 12 Jun 11:29

Don`t think he`ll start Shankland. For me it is either Adams or we play Christie as a false nine and try and get runners from midfield to join up. I think Gilmour may play as he`s the one player you`d trust to take it under pressure and keep it, there`s nobody else really who you`d be confident in doing that other than Gilmour.

I can see: Gunn; Hendry, Porteous, Tierney; Ralston, Gilmour, MacGregor, Robertson; McTominay, McGinn; Christie.

I like that XI, that’s also how I think they’ll lineup.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 12:19

I hope he does not start Hanley. Looked slower than he usually does against Finland. Porteous for me. I hope McT is fit as he is a goal threat and the Germans are a big team. We are missing Dykes threat in the air and defensively at set pieces too, so we need McT.

Without Christie we will be relying on Robertson on the left , as we always do to create something. The Germans will try and nullify this. We really need an option on the right. McGinn and Christie can swap sides and give us more of an option on both flanks. Think he has to start Christie for this reason , which means that McT, McGregor or Gilmour will miss out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 13:03

Quote:

desparado, Wed 12 Jun 12:19

I hope he does not start Hanley. Looked slower than he usually does against Finland. Porteous for me. I hope McT is fit as he is a goal threat and the Germans are a big team. We are missing Dykes threat in the air and defensively at set pieces too, so we need McT.

Without Christie we will be relying on Robertson on the left , as we always do to create something. The Germans will try and nullify this. We really need an option on the right. McGinn and Christie can swap sides and give us more of an option on both flanks. Think he has to start Christie for this reason , which means that McT, McGregor or Gilmour will miss out.

Of the 3 mentioned then Gilmour will be the one that misses out as McGregor for Scotland rarely puts a foot wrong and his ability seems to fly under the radar because he doesnt contribute much going forward like McGinn and McTominay.

Post Edited (Wed 12 Jun 13:03)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 14:26

I`d have the bristol city striker conway in a definite new twist to our front
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 14:35

Apparently both Celtic and Rangers are interested in signing Conway.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 12 Jun 15:18

Think he might go along these lines:-

Gunn

Ralston
Hendry
Hanley
Tierney
Robertson

McGinn
McTominay
McGregor
Christie

Adams

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net