DAFC.net
Home 22 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Mon 1 Jul 18:34

Anybody heard anything about the lad? I can`t find anything anywhere about him.

Hope he`s ok.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Mon 1 Jul 22:45

Typical lack of updates from the club.

KOZMA


[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 1 Jul 23:02

Quote:

istvan kozma, Mon 1 Jul 22:45

Typical lack of updates from the club.


Look at you aw ragin

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Mon 1 Jul 23:15

Fans wanting an update from the club regarding an injury to one of our best players is a pretty normal thing…..nobody is raging. Bizarre comment..

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 1 Jul 23:21

Quote:

desparado, Mon 1 Jul 23:15

Fans wanting an update from the club regarding an injury to one of our best players is a pretty normal thing…..nobody is raging. Bizarre comment..


Its not that bizarre when you see who posted it…..
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 1 Jul 23:32

I`m sure the club will update us when they think it`s worthwhile doing so.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 01:20

Matthew`s injury happened on Friday evening, and the manager gave his initial reaction in the post-match interview, including the information that he had gone to hospital - presumably A&E on a Friday night!!!! The initial treatment he received there will probably need to be assessed by a specialist and/or the club`s medical staff to determine how long he will be out of action.

Since the manager`s post-match interview was published at 8pm on Saturday we have had Sunday and Monday, two days when the club`s office is closed - people are entitled to time off, although obviously some were still working on time-critical club business (eg Wotherspoon signing).

Interest in Matthew`s health is understandable - I`m interested too. But players don`t belong to the fans - they are individuals whose health is really their own business, and between them and their employer.

I do find it strange, given all the circumstances, that some people still feel the need to criticise the club for not issuing a medical bulletin.

_________________

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 01:20

Given the amount of discomfort he was in when he came off there is a fair chance he’s not been fully assessed yet if it turns out to be a broken collar bone as was first suggested depending on how it’s treated he might be back in a month maybe even sooner
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 07:04

Quote:

Stanza, Tue 2 Jul 01:20

Matthew`s injury happened on Friday evening, and the manager gave his initial reaction in the post-match interview, including the information that he had gone to hospital - presumably A&E on a Friday night!!!! The initial treatment he received there will probably need to be assessed by a specialist and/or the club`s medical staff to determine how long he will be out of action.

Since the manager`s post-match interview was published at 8pm on Saturday we have had Sunday and Monday, two days when the club`s office is closed - people are entitled to time off, although obviously some were still working on time-critical club business (eg Wotherspoon signing).

Interest in Matthew`s health is understandable - I`m interested too. But players don`t belong to the fans - they are individuals whose health is really their own business, and between them and their employer.

I do find it strange, given all the circumstances, that some people still feel the need to criticise the club for not issuing a medical bulletin.


Far too sensible and logical, Stanza. You deserve at least a yellow... 🤪



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 08:30

Any coincidence we signed wotherspoon yesterday?

If matty is out for a couple of months it might have forced our hand a bit.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 08:45

Quote:

Berkey, Tue 2 Jul 08:30

Any coincidence we signed wotherspoon yesterday?

If matty is out for a couple of months it might have forced our hand a bit.


Everything was agreed with Wotherspoon before the injury happened
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 08:46

Quote:

Berkey, Tue 2 Jul 08:30

Any coincidence we signed wotherspoon yesterday?

If matty is out for a couple of months it might have forced our hand a bit.


Said the same at the weekend

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 09:19

Wotherspoon deal was 100% agreed before the East Fife game.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: galapar  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 21:35

Broken collarbone
Approximately 8 weeks out

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 04:47

Quote:

galapar, Tue 2 Jul 21:35

Broken collarbone
Approximately 8 weeks out


Brace it and screw it and he’ll be back in a month
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 11:54

Its in the Courier today. 6 weeks without surgery, 12 weeks with. Seeing a Specialist this week to discuss his best option.



Post Edited (Wed 03 Jul 12:09)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 12:35

Add on another pre season……..

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 12:53

Quote:

Athletico, Wed 3 Jul 11:54

Its in the Courier today. 6 weeks without surgery, 12 weeks with. Seeing a Specialist this week to discuss his best option.



Probably just lifted from the full article on the DAFC official website, which hopefully will have pleased those criticising the club for lack of information.
https://dafc.co.uk/sore-break-for-player-and-team/

_________________

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 16:36

Quote:

Athletico, Wed 3 Jul 11:54

Its in the Courier today. 6 weeks without surgery, 12 weeks with. Seeing a Specialist this week to discuss his best option.


12 weeks is a stretch a motorbike rider can snap is collar bone after a highside have it screwed back together and be back racing again in a few weeks and I’d wage that there will be more stress on the bone through racing a bike than playing football
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 17:07

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Wed 3 Jul 16:36

Quote:

Athletico, Wed 3 Jul 11:54

Its in the Courier today. 6 weeks without surgery, 12 weeks with. Seeing a Specialist this week to discuss his best option.


12 weeks is a stretch a motorbike rider can snap is collar bone after a highside have it screwed back together and be back racing again in a few weeks and I’d wage that there will be more stress on the bone through racing a bike than playing football


Different types of stress and completely different sports my brother

COYP
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 17:39

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Wed 3 Jul 16:36

Quote:

Athletico, Wed 3 Jul 11:54

Its in the Courier today. 6 weeks without surgery, 12 weeks with. Seeing a Specialist this week to discuss his best option.


12 weeks is a stretch a motorbike rider can snap is collar bone after a highside have it screwed back together and be back racing again in a few weeks and I’d wage that there will be more stress on the bone through racing a bike than playing football


I wouldn’t wage a bet on that 😂😂
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 08:45

The season hasn’t started in earnest yet and we have an important team member on the sidelines already - unreal ☹️
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 09:32

He was good in League 1 unproven in the Championship i would argue

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 09:37

After so long out he did fade last season but when he came back we had a lot of pressure games in quick succession. Finished joint top league scorer in the end I think.

There is no one else in our squad who could have scored the same goal as he scored at firhill. Was prob the best finisher at the club last season and might still be this season.

Hopefully he’s not becoming injury prone, at least the injuries appear unrelated.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 09:48

Who is on this jury players have to `prove` themselves to? I would have thought it`s the manager and his team and, if they offer him a contract, he has proved himself.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 09:50

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 4 Jul 09:48

Who is on this jury players have to `prove` themselves to? I would have thought it`s the manager and his team and, if they offer him a contract, he has proved himself.


Berkey has a spreadsheet with everyone coloured in red apart from Messi who is amber.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 10:09

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Thu 4 Jul 09:50

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 4 Jul 09:48

Who is on this jury players have to `prove` themselves to? I would have thought it`s the manager and his team and, if they offer him a contract, he has proved himself.


Berkey has a spreadsheet with everyone coloured in red apart from Messi who is amber.


Welcome to the champions of mediocrity club! Take a seat.....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 10:56

Quote:

Football_Par, Thu 4 Jul 09:32

He was good in League 1 unproven in the Championship i would argue


He proved himself at Firhill for example, last season IMO.

Great solo effort, on TV, for all to see.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 11:49

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 4 Jul 09:48

Who is on this jury players have to `prove` themselves to? I would have thought it`s the manager and his team and, if they offer him a contract, he has proved himself.


Surely the fans? without the fans most of these guys won`t be in the privileged position of playing the sport they love for a living.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 12:29

In that case, who speaks for the jury? Does the decision have to be unanimous?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 12:51

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 4 Jul 10:09

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Thu 4 Jul 09:50

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 4 Jul 09:48

Who is on this jury players have to `prove` themselves to? I would have thought it`s the manager and his team and, if they offer him a contract, he has proved himself.


Berkey has a spreadsheet with everyone coloured in red apart from Messi who is amber.


Welcome to the champions of mediocrity club! Take a seat.....


Berky, if you are expecting much more than mediocrity from a Scottish Championship side, I recon you are the one who needs to take a seat.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 12:53

Unfortunately managers live and die by their decisions on their squad i.e. Keeping players who aren`t good enough etc and signing duds. If you make a habit of doing this you won`t be around very long.

Mcpake has a massive 6 months in front of him. He had credit in the bank for winning the league although we weren`t a great watch. Last season he had injuries. If we are scraping the bottom of the barrel come Christmas time and our attendances drop (which happens when you`re struggling) he might be on a shaky peg.

Or we can be right in the mix. Only time will tell although the very very early signs aren`t looking good. 2 friendlies against lower league opposition and the struggle for goals seems to have stuck around.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 13:29

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Thu 4 Jul 12:53

live and die by their decisions on their squad i.e. Keeping players who aren`t good enough etc and signing duds. If you make a habit of doing this you won`t be around very long.

Mcpake has a massive 6 months in front of him. He had credit in the bank for winning the league although we weren`t a great watch. Last season he had injuries. If we are scraping the bottom of the barrel come Christmas time and our attendances drop (which happens when you`re struggling) he might be on a shaky peg.

Or we can be right in the mix. Only time will tell although the very very early signs aren`t looking good. 2 friendlies against lower league opposition and the struggle for goals seems to have stuck around.


I wouldn`t read too much into 2 preseason friendlies, Cammy. I recall when Peter Grant was appointed, we destroyed a couple of lower league teams in the new fangled League Cup.

Some fans (and Grant himself) thought we were going to wipe the floor with our Championship rivals......



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 13:31

When is the penny going to drop with some of you? The league is as tight as it gets. Top 3 excepted, just about every team was "in the mix" right up til the end of the season. 10 points between play offs and relegation. If you`re in that group at Christmas why punt the manager? Crazy

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Thu 04 Jul 13:32)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 14:05

"if there’s any player in our team you don’t want injured it’s Matthew Todd"

"I don’t think there’s another player in our league, never mind our team, that offers you the threat, just constantly, that Matthew does"

quotes from McPake, there didnt seem to be a plan B last season when he was injured, maybe that is one of the areas they are looking at now.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 15:44

The reason that Todd is a big miss is that he is the only one that can get beyond the striker with runs from midfield




It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 16:02

Get Chris Mochrie in he can be that player.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 18:19

Mochrie and Wotherspoon could well do that.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 19:07

Berry wrote:

> Mochrie and Wotherspoon could well do that.


he is but i believe we have blown our budget going for Wotherspoon and Mochrie is going to Airdrie.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 19:15

Quote:

Football_Par, Thu 4 Jul 19:07

Berry wrote:

> Mochrie and Wotherspoon could well do that.


he is but i believe we have blown our budget going for Wotherspoon and Mochrie is going to Airdrie.


You believe?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 14:47

Get well soon Matty boy,and be careful with those cursed bloody opiates that can be a nightmare to wean off.
Stick to ibuprofen buddies.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 21:03

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 1 Jul 23:21

Quote:

desparado, Mon 1 Jul 23:15

Fans wanting an update from the club regarding an injury to one of our best players is a pretty normal thing…..nobody is raging. Bizarre comment..


Its not that bizarre when you see who posted it…..


Cheers Dave!

KOZMA


[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 21:44

Ooooo fwend

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sun 7 Jul 07:05

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 4 Jul 13:31

When is the penny going to drop with some of you? The league is as tight as it gets. Top 3 excepted, just about every team was "in the mix" right up til the end of the season. 10 points between play offs and relegation. If you`re in that group at Christmas why punt the manager? Crazy


While this may be the case, it then comes down to the manager and their tactics, style of play to get the maximum out of the players at his disposal.

Mcpake seems insistent to play 3421 putting players like kane Richie hosler and o halloran in positions they are comfortable. Has Mehmet and our centre backs trying to play out too much.

Time will tell what he gets this season
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: AveragePar  
Date:   Sun 7 Jul 09:27

Anyone know if Hamiltons injury looked a bad one?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 7 Jul 09:34

It said on the other thread that he was fine.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 19:26

According to the Courier it`s an operation for Matty and three months out again. Poor guy.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 20:02

Quote:

bannerpar, Fri 12 Jul 19:26

According to the Courier it`s an operation for Matty and three months out again. Poor guy.


Shocker. Let`s hope it`s not an omen.....



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd update
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 01:28

That`s terrible news for Matty. So sorry for the lad.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net