DAFC.net
Home 08 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cook
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:11

Can they get anything right?

Embarrassing from a professional football club to not have a 2nd keeper never mind this farce..

https://dafc.co.uk/goalkeeper-registration-update/
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cook
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:31

Again several months ago I questioned Cook and was told to take everything down in my post on this forum regarding his position at the club…it’s all coming out now though from what I said when the Germans came in and Mr Cook… I’ll was on the folk who gave me abuse to accept your apologies😅😅

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:33

Get him to feck…….absolute waste of £160k a year 🤦🏻‍♂️ thats so incompetent its laughable!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:36

Everything about this club screams amateurism

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Heinz57  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:39

Cook is obviously gatekeeping information from the Germans to hide his deficiencies in carrying out his overpaid position. After his latest faux pas re keeper registration, the Germans should be kicking his bottom out the door.
He is completely incompetent and should walk without any form of compensation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:43

How much money are we wasting on this guy?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:47

Really don`t understand what Cook is doing as CEO, the club is an absolute shambles at the moment on and off the field.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:48

We have form in this though. Similar thing with mehmet. We fannied about with him while trying to see in Dundee/st Johnstone would give us a keeper until the last minute then capitulated and he got his amazing 3 year deal.

Kai will end up signing until Jan, what else are we going to do?

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:49

Not exactly a glowing show of faith in the young laddie.

Do we not have a club secretary anymore? This is usually their bread and butter in terms of all the rules & regulations with registrations, suspensions etc.....

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:54

Presumably Celtic missed the point as well.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:54

I’m seriously concerned about our future and where we’ll be in the next 5 or so years under this group. They came in when the club were in a good place and had a chance of promotion after Crawford left, leaving a fairly strong squad behind him and destroyed it with their first appointment. There was also talk of unearthing gems from the lower leagues in Germany and other European countries and we’ve signed no one of that sort. It’s been a complete disaster and I’ve never seen so much concern and negativity for a new season. I’ve always expectations of us challenging for the playoffs but this season I’d bite your hand off for the guarantee of Championship safety this season. Fan expectations have dropped massively all because of what this group have brought to the club.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:55

We are supposed to be bringing the youth through…. I can only imagine what their thoughts are in this mess….lets remember the young GK Margetts is wanted by a lot of clubs.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:59

The club aren`t exactly building a glowing resume` of success right now but I suppose a mistake is a mistake. You cannae go making loads of them.

Presumably Celtic dropped the ball on this too, pardon the pun?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:04

A mistake… the guy has been involved with Celtic, Forrest and Man City so there is no excuse to make a mistake at us? The whole thing is a shitshow!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:12

Compeletly deflated before the leagues even started

Effe
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:18

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 23 Jul 20:04

A mistake… the guy has been involved with Celtic, Forrest and Man City so there is no excuse to make a mistake at us? The whole thing is a shitshow!

Everyone in every career at every level makes mistakes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:24

Not when you have held a top position at clubs earning millions a year compared to our Championship club? That’s why we employed Cook and his experience. Iv always said he has to much say in getting players in etc but if you can let him off with a mistake like that that leaves us with 1 GK then hey ho!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:28

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 23 Jul 20:04

Not in any football role. Marketing and commercial so this is his 1st real job at a club
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:30

I feel bad for the young laddie, what a way to be treated.

This club is a right mess at the moment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:30

Jesus and people are still defending Mr Cook… I really give up!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:35

What calibre of goalkeeper could you get for £160k per annum?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:38

Quote:

ipswichpar, Tue 23 Jul 20:35

What calibre of goalkeeper could you get for £160k per annum?

Why is that relevant?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:42

Has this £160k figure been verified or is it just another `fact` someone heard in the pub? There`s a lynch mob mentality about this forum which prefers to take a view without knowing the full facts.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:47

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 23 Jul 20:24

Not when you have held a top position at clubs earning millions a year compared to our Championship club? That’s why we employed Cook and his experience. Iv always said he has to much say in getting players in etc but if you can let him off with a mistake like that that leaves us with 1 GK then hey ho!

What do you mean "let him off"? It`s not my decision! Do you live in the real world? Do you think highly paid people make mistakes or don`t you? If we sacked everyone for making a mistake, no-one **anywhere** would have a job.

That`s not to say we don`t have systemic issues at the club. Maybe we do, maybe we don`t. I don`t know.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:50

We all know where the problem is in the club now and if said problem gets a grip and makes changes then it’s going to be a long season..

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:52

Just sign the kid until January - every other decision seems to be made on the basis of ‘hoping it works out’ so why should this be any different
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:59

Quote:

P, Tue 23 Jul 20:52

Just sign the kid until January - every other decision seems to be made on the basis of ‘hoping it works out’ so why should this be any different

Although it`s being pushed as an "extended trial" I suspect the fact it`s a month is so we can look at other options. There`s no way their aren`t others being looked at.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:02

This mistake is just part of the wider issue of being in this position in the first place, we’ve had bags of time to secure a GK so should never have got to this point.

The mistake is a bad one though, firstly for the laddie himself who has had his photo press on the pitch, probably the interview and at his age would’ve been a pretty exciting time, and if I were him, would probably be feeling some resentment and a little bit humiliated.

As for the club, another piece of evidence to suggest all is not well behind the scenes.

Not sure how accurate the rumoured salary is for him, but regardless of the mistake, if true that is a mammoth hike from the previously voluntary position and if we have other members at those kind of salaries then it’s easy to see where the problem is.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:06

Yeah, let`s just make up figures for salaries and forget about commercial successes like the new away kit and the FanZone for the Euros.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:10

I`m glad Wee Eck is happy with the state of the club ,not sure many agree with him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:16

You could address what he said - or just make up what he said and attack that instead?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:22

The noose is tightening. Big brother is now watching closely, in fact big brother now has an incumbent

Post Edited (Tue 23 Jul 21:26)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:25

On here you`re either happy with everything or happy with nothing. There`s no middle road, which really is the problem.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:27

did anyone get the sack when the club got kicked out of the Scottish Cup for playing the suspended Callum Woods many moons ago?

did Shields get the sack for playing an ineligible player in the reserves a couple of years ago?

mistakes happen albeit they shouldnt happen in the first place when its absolutely basic stuff like those.

"Can they get anything right?"

nope and i cant see how it turns around.

Post Edited (Tue 23 Jul 22:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:28

Oh come on wee eck! It’s not good enough.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:28

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 23 Jul 21:06

Yeah, let`s just make up figures for salaries and forget about commercial successes like the new away kit and the FanZone for the Euros.

It’s all about value for money, wee eck. Is out ceo providing value for money and earning his enormous six figure salary ?
Why do we need a ceo, with a background in marketing, a marketing manager and a commercial manager ?

Post Edited (Tue 23 Jul 21:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:29

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 23 Jul 21:25

On here you`re either happy with everything or happy with nothing. There`s no middle road, which really is the problem.

What about all the comments on Facebook from Dunfermline fans not necessarily about cooks wages but the anger people are displaying . Every time Dunfermline post something on social media its met with anger is everyone wrong
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:31

Lose against Falkirk and there will be real pressure on the CEO and investors from the fans, but do they care probably not!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:31

Quote:

Mate regardless of how much he’s being paid he shouldn’t be making errors like this and don’t try and use the euro fan zone and the new away kit as a smokescreen to deflect away from the latest **** up by cook and the rest of the board what we have here is a guy on our books that we canny play but will still have to pay him wages
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:34

Wullie, I`ve no idea what his salary is and I suspect you don`t either. I`ve also no idea how the recruitment process works in the club. Folk just make stuff up to suit their point of view. I sometimes wonder if they apply this approach in other aspects of their life.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:35

Cook is like our very own tribute act to Neil Doncaster!! Paid big bucks but nobody can see what he does to earn it!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:39

Quote:

Par, Tue 23 Jul 21:31

Lose against Falkirk and there will be real pressure on the CEO and investors from the fans, but do they care probably not!

Are you being serious?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:40

Presumably we only have to pay his wages for six months if we offer him a six-month contract in which case we can register him.

I mentioned the successes of the away kit and the FanZone to try and introduce a sense of perspective but lynch mobs tend to disregard that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:43

I Don`t understand the problem.. Is it that we don`t want him on a deal till Jan? Not a great look for the young lad if that`s the case.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:52

^^ yes because they are trying to sign a keeper on loan, and the young lad signed so he must have been happy with the deal and situation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:15

Cook is well paid as he is the puppet between the club and investors. They say what goes on… he implements the change and if the fans aren’t happy takes it and tries to resolve things..

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:20

Quote:

I agree with some of this post. We don`t know how much his salary is, and we shouldn`t really make things up.

That said, we found ourselves in a helluva pickle back in the administration days, and were lucky to still have a club. It`s due to people questioning the board at the time, that we survived. We should be asking to see full financial results, to establish where the money is going to, what is being paid out in wages, what the directors remuneration is.

Cook does have some fairly decent jobs on his CV and he can speak well. The fan zone was a pretty decent event, he`s got KDM on board, and the away shirt sold out (although from what I understand only 500 shirts went quickly and my preorder/ prepay idea would have been much more lucrative). The negotiation on the Edwards extension with the 90k release clause wasn`t great.

He`s dropped the ball on this one, and it`s not a great look. Especially since we now have a new board member whose day job is in player contracts.

We need a keeper, give this lad a 6 month deal.

Cook does need to do better, time for him to get the finger out and get to work. At the moment, I`d say he`s lost the fans, he can win them back, with a lot of hard work.

Let`s hope he comes out fighting
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:21

Im sorry, but what success of the fan zone and commercial sales? We have a rank rotten team on the park and claim to have next to no money to invest in better players…..we then have a CEO making a basic error that he should know better about…….also, we are out of a cup competition before our last game in a group where 3/4 of our opposition play at a level (or 2!) below us!

Wheres the success ffs?!?!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:28

The Fan Zone generated an income we didn’t have before, and hopefully can be repeated in future for other such projects.

The sales of the away shirt were a success for the reasons we all know, and have kick started a good run of pre orders for the next batch.

That’s the success Wee Eck was referring to I suspect.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:35

The fanzone also identified potential alternative uses.for the stadium during the summer break. Perhaps see some bands perform or a mini festival type thing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:40

WE are an investment now that a company and investors have taken over. Forget the Ross Mcarthur times as he was a true fan. Our investors aren’t fans and have a plan for the club and as said a 7 year process, meaning relegation, mid championship etc….. they still have a 3/4 year plan so it is what it is…..

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:49

It’s obviously the school holidays with all this rubbish, probably same idiots who spat at and abusive previous senior management at the club, 6 figures is standard
For such position

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:51

Quote:

dafc, Tue 23 Jul 22:49

It’s obviously the school holidays with all this rubbish, probably same idiots who spat at and abusive previous senior management at the club, 6 figures is standard
For such position

Get your head out the sand. Also, 6 figures is standard? That is laughable. We are a Championship team. Nobody at this level should be making £100,000+ (assuming the wage rumours are true)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 23:09

Shambles.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 23:11

The money made from the fan zone could be lost to the small crowd on Saturday.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 23:16

Quote:

jake89, Tue 23 Jul 22:35

The fanzone also identified potential alternative uses.for the stadium during the summer break. Perhaps see some bands perform or a mini festival type thing.

Great, we have extra investment on top of season tickets, sponsorships, walk ups, shirt sales, lifelines, director input……wheres the results of that? 🤔 a bog standard squad that doesnt even have a sub keeper 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 23:22

I think someone is confusing the wage of the Fife Council CEO with Cooks. The FC CEO is paid £160k, Cook is not.

Regardless, any salaried role only needs to exceed the income that would be gained by going with a cheaper solution.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 23:29

I’m sure the commercial manager (Alister Burn?) was credited with for the fan zone idea/organisation. Either way, our board seems to be out of their depth. Struggle to convince players to sign - and when they can, they don’t even know registration rules beforehand. This isn’t a new rule and has been in place since transfer windows became a thing.

I thought they were supposed to be making us more professional? From memory, Meggle was going on about how unprofessional we seemed when he arrived. If anything, we seem to look even more amateur now than we did back then.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 23:47

Quote:

jake89, Tue 23 Jul 23:22

I think someone is confusing the wage of the Fife Council CEO with Cooks. The FC CEO is paid £160k, Cook is not.

Swap them about and you are correct
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 23:48

How does anyone on this forum know what Cooks salary is? Was it made public
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 01:07

The statement is simply unprofessional in itself.
When giving a business statement you need deliverables and solutions. This statement clearly defines all the problems but zero solutions. Not for the young lad who I really hope we engaged with for what this cover meant in a personnel level.
Not for how we address Saturday. Not for how we address the coming weeks. I am very surprised at the timing and also the solution I.e. None.
In business it is always better to work forward and learn backward. There is no forward in this statement and reflects badly on the club in player recruitment and in management of club affairs.
This statement I wouldn’t have let a junior employee release.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 01:55

^ 100% agree with this.

Steps should have been taken immediately to sign the lad for six months. He would not be on a large salary. And if we were chasing a goalie who would challenge Mehmet, then continue that process.

Sadly, Cook does not inspire confidence.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 04:57

No wonder we can`t sign anyone (who can last more than 20 minutes in 5 games) with this clown in charge. This young laddie surely can`t be as bad as Mehmet. We are an absolute shower with these Muppets at the helm.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: grelin  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 07:10

There is no pleasing some folk, they moan about lack of information and no communication by the club. Granted its amateur hour all round, but at least he came clean with the mistake to update the fans.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 07:34

Who was acting for young Kai in this matter? I suppose it`s unlikely a player his age has an agent or other representative but wouldn`t the SPFA be available to advise him before any contract was signed and registered with the SFA? The players` union must know these rules inside out.

I still think the worst thing about this whole sorry affair is that we appeared to have no Plan B in place in the event of not signing Bellagambi. We don`t know if we decided against making him an offer or if we made him one but he turned it down. In either case we should have had an alternative in place before the first cup game. Was that a management error or an admin error?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 08:06

He`s bound to have an agent. I can only hope that deals like this have been accepted in the passed by the sfa but on this occasion they have refused the registration. I`m trying to give cook the benefit of the doubt but if its black and white then its quite hard
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 08:25

Why would such a deal be refused now if they have been accepted in the past? How would David Cook be expected to anticipate that?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 08:50

Quote:

OzPar, Wed 24 Jul 01:55

^ 100% agree with this.

Steps should have been taken immediately to sign the lad for six months. He would not be on a large salary. And if we were chasing a goalie who would challenge Mehmet, then continue that process.

Sadly, Cook does not inspire confidence.

Sorry but I disagree. They`ve identified the lad as having potential and wanted him short term to take a close look while providing cover. If they feel the trial period is necessary why sign him for nearly 6 months, just to get over this issue? Cook`s stuck his hand up and admitted the mistake. Better that than compounding the error in taking the lad on then deciding he`s not what they need. But either way he can`t win.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 08:50

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 24 Jul 08:25

Why would such a deal be refused now if they have been accepted in the past? How would David Cook be expected to anticipate that?

They haven’t been. This rule has been in place for at least 20 years, since transfer windows came into play. It’s designed to protect players, so that their contracts don’t expire outwith transfer windows, meaning they can’t find another club for months.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 08:59

So why was there no one acting on the player`s behalf who would have stopped it?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 09:02

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 24 Jul 08:25

I don`t know. I`m just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. If it`s a hard and fast rule that everyone should know, then it makes that hard, and there really is no excuse.

It`s difficult without knowing all the details around the decision and why it was made.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 09:08

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 24 Jul 08:59

So why was there no one acting on the player`s behalf who would have stopped it?

Probably because it`s a good deal for the young lad. Gets paid for a month and can still try and find another club while he is training with a team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 09:15

Why would anyone stop it if it means he gets paid for the month? And if we registered him would need to give him a 6 month deal…….

How people are still backing Cook and sticking up for him is mental IMO. Btw, we STILL don’t have a 2nd keeper on the books……..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 09:18

Quote:

Should his agent have known better? Yes. But we’re still the ones that offered him this contract and tried to push through the registration that didn’t follow the rules. I can’t believe it’s up for debate that a football club is responsible for player contracts offered and player registrations and should know the rules.

I don’t understand why anyone’s trying to deflect here. The club have made a right mess of this and should know these rules, that’s not even up for debate. Trying to blame a kid and his agent for jumping at, what could be, his last chance to sign for a full time club. They should have known better, but he’s clearly been desperate to get back into the game and jumped at the opportunity. You can’t blame them for assuming a ‘professional’ football club knows the rules of their league.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 09:39

He has been transparent, and that`s important. It`s difficult to know the full circumstances. There is nothing to stop him to continue to train with us as a trial period. It`s up to the player to prove he is good enough to invest in to get a contract over the line sooner rather than later.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 09:47

Quote:

What makes you so sure a parent is not the boys agent - it’s not exactly uncommon especially at the very start of someone’s career. Either way that’s a weak diversion of blame.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 09:48

I`m not trying to `deflect` or put the blame on the player. I`m trying to understand how it happened and why it couldn`t be avoided. It`s called establishing the facts - a concept alien to quite a few posters on here who prefer to jump to their own conclusions.

I was one of the first posters who criticised the club for not having a sub goalie in place for the first competitive game of the season. It was an outrageous situation to be in and it`s outrageous that it still hasn`t been resolved.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 10:08

Some people were trying to defend Masterton up until the end. I think this while bad if it had been in isolation it would have been easier to take, but the overall state of things mean this is being magnified.
Cook is a figurehead to take the flack, unfortunately our owners have little interest in attending games or engaging with supporters.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 10:14

I thought Meggle was over at Dunfermline quite often? He answered questions at the Supporters` Group meeting recently and also addressed the Business Club I think.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 10:14

Please don`t try and compare Masterton to the current owners and CEO. It makes you look a bit silly.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 10:16

We should have just given the lad a 6 month deal its not as if he is ever going to be asked to play barring injury as no matter how bad Mehmet gets he is never going to be dropped

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 10:24

`We should have just given the lad a 6 month deal its not as if he is ever going to be asked to play barring injury as no matter how bad Mehmet gets he is never going to be dropped`

It`s hard to take that kind of answer seriously when the reason they don`t want to offer him a 6-month deal is that they are trying to sign someone who would pose a genuine challenge to Mehmet.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 10:58

I predict we will sign a young reserve goalie from an spl club
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 12:09

Wee Eck , we have had all close season to sign someone but we are no further forward

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 12:17

I know. I raised the issue before we played Spartans. But there`s no point in going over old ground. We need to act ASAP to come up with the best solution.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 12:18

"It`s hard to take that kind of answer seriously when the reason they don`t want to offer him a 6-month deal is that they are trying to sign someone who would pose a genuine challenge to Mehmet."

Two things - 1. The statement says that they`re continuing to keep him on trial to look at signing him longer term, so they at keadt publicly are suggesting he could sign at least until January if not longer, and 2. We are allowed to have more than 2 goalkeepers! Indeed I`d suggest that having two first team goalkeepers and another one (plus the 15 year old Margetts) who can play in the Reserves and youth team games and not be taking up much budget is a pretty solid strategy. Means that if Mehmet or GK #2 gets injured or suspended we have a replacement ready and we don`t have to scramble around or go.with no keeper on the bench.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 12:35

Got to laugh when just last week people on here were suggesting signing him for a month whilst weighing up options. So we try and do that, turns out you can`t, and people on here are saying the board are a joke 🤦

It clearly wasn`t well known given no-one on here queried it, the lad didn`t query it, his agent didn`t query it and our board didn`t query it!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 12:41

Do you think it`s unreasonable to expect the CEO of a football club to have a clearer understanding of player registration rules than the fans?

The enemy travels by private jet, not by dinghy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 13:19

Quote:

jake89, Wed 24 Jul 12:35

Got to laugh when just last week people on here were suggesting signing him for a month whilst weighing up options. So we try and do that, turns out you can`t, and people on here are saying the board are a joke 🤦

It clearly wasn`t well known given no-one on here queried it, the lad didn`t query it, his agent didn`t query it and our board didn`t query it!

That’s their job to know not ours.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 13:30

Somebody correct me if I`m wrong, however is it not the club secretary`s responsibility to ensure that all aspects of player registration are correctly followed ?

Where there is any uncertainty advice should be taken from the appropriate authority - the SFA being the "go to" body presumably ?

The CEO should have a handle on the matter of course - but where does the buck stop ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 13:34

Do we have a club secretary, vee? It hasn`t been the same since Jimmy McConville left!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 13:43

Good point - maybe the title of the relevant club official has changed - but not the administrative responsibility.

Would never have happened in wee Jimmy`s day.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 14:09

Quote:

Wee eck has recruited Jake as well, now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 14:10

Paul D`Mello was last club secretary i can remember by name. That`s going back to late 90s early 00s

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 14:12

I tried to sign him up but he was ineligible. He had a mind of his own.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 14:19

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Wed 24 Jul 14:10

Paul D`Mello was last club secretary i can remember by name. That`s going back to late 90s early 00s

I can remember Ian Baker? in and around the time when we had to replay a tie against Stenhousemuir as Calum Woods was ineligible.Not sure if he was officially the secretary, but think he took responsibility and walked after that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 14:26

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 24 Jul 10:14

Please don`t try and compare Masterton to the current owners and CEO. It makes you look a bit silly.

I don’t think he’s trying to do that more a general comparison between how long it took people to question the actions of the club In those days to how long it’s taken folk to start questioning the actions of the club now and if I’m being totally honest the current situation needs nipped in the bud before it gets out of control
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 15:18

Quote:

DJAS, Wed 24 Jul 13:19

That’s their job to know not ours.

That would apply to a significant amount of the demands on this site…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 15:54

Quote:

OorWullie, Wed 24 Jul 14:09

Quote:

He tried but turns out he`d need to have me on board until the January transfer window as a minimum and he wasn`t willing to make that sort of commitment at this point. Bit awks as he`d already shared photos of me posing with Oor Wullie and Soapy Souter.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 16:02

Me and Soapy are thinking of leaving Oor Wullie`s gang and forming one of our own, jake. Are you game? I think I can persuade Fat Boab to join too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 16:06

Count me in. I`m starting to feel he`s going to far with his antics. It`s only a matter of time before PC Murdoch catches him and he gets the jail.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 16:10

😊😊😊

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 16:27

Quote:

jake89, Wed 24 Jul 15:54

Quote:

OorWullie, Wed 24 Jul 14:09

Quote:

He tried but turns out he`d need to have me on board until the January transfer window as a minimum and he wasn`t willing to make that sort of commitment at this point. Bit awks as he`d already shared photos of me posing with Oor Wullie and Soapy Souter.

👏
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 19:30

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 24 Jul 10:14

A bit?!!!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net