DAFC.net
Home 09 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pre Match Interview
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 12:23

They are usually out well before now aren’t they? See nothing on YT or on official site.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pre Match Interview
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 12:39

Keep the fans in the dark with their heads buried in the sand….no keeper…Kane injured…. The group trained well all week blah blah…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 12:45

have recent interviews not been on a Friday
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 12:49

Could probably give a good sum up of the interview and its not even live lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 12:56

There`s a bit of a contradiction in asking why there`s no interview and dismissing what the manager says before he even opens his mouth is there not? It kind of defeats the point of having one.

It`s like when folk said the club tells us nothing then, after David Cook gave a video interview, saying he told us nothing we didn`t know already!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 13:14

He absolutely did and all questions and answers scripted. I know you are not that gullible wee eck
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 13:24

Yeah, they should have held a Q&A with supporters` groups instead. It doesn`t matter what they say they`ll be accused of being economical with the truth. It`s the world we live in unfortunately.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 15:46

It isn’t great timing this though and just feeds the narrative that things aren’t right (which was obvious already granted).

We’re hours away from the season kicking off with Falkirk v Queens Park tonight and an important fixture away to Livingston tomorrow where we should be canvassing for fans to turn up in their numbers backing the team and giving us the update on how it’s been in training and whether we have players back etc.

Maybe instil a little bit of positivity.

Instead, so far anyway, absolutely nothing.

I imagine as soon as I post this it will have been uploaded and I’ll look like an erse.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 17:38

no keeper signing but Lewis Briggs from the academy will be on the bench.

no Kane, again....

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/5050791/no-signing-chris-kane-james-mcpake-dunfermline/

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 17:51

What an absolute disgrace. Mismanaged from top to bottom

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 17:55

We were told at the start of Pre-Season Kane wasn`t far away and he is still not even training... What a joke honestly

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 17:57

What an absolute shambles 🤦🏻‍♂️ where was Briggs during the League Cup games?! Kane will feature in about 20 games this season if we are lucky……
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steviethepar2  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:05

Just read this and looked at the site I have never seen a Thursday or Friday press conference not done like we have given up by far the worst preseason in many years

We had great opportunity sign players and make it back over the season with tv and likes of a 7000 to a sell out at east end for the first home game against Falkirk alone and I have no idea or understanding of our p*** poor recruitment and strategy

Post Edited (Fri 02 Aug 18:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:08

https://dafc.co.uk/manager-previews-opener-v-livi/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:11

Deluded

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:15

Wow! Kane can’t even train now without getting injured and now someone not good enough for the bench in the cup games is fine for the league opener as backup keeper.

Kane will be lucky to get 20 appearances this season and he’ll be half fit with zero match sharpness when he does play.

Half expecting Jeremy beadle to appear at east end….

It will be backs to the wall tomorrow and keep it tight as long as we can then hope to nick one on the break. We should be grateful that we have the opportunity as a team and fans to visit these big stadiums and teams this year, the boys will learn a lot and you never know we might pick up a few scalps along the way.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:16

Prob see Jeremy beadle before Kane Tbh

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:25

The club is an utter shambles.

But

Some of our "fans" are absolute @rseholes

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Fri 02 Aug 18:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:36

“The club is an utter shambles”

I was blind but now I can see!

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:37

What a waste of a wage Kane is.
2 year deal for another crock who will be lucky to play 20 games a season

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:48

Kane was slow and over weight when he was playing. Not even training properly will see him even less fit…. If and when he does return. What a shambles of a club we are…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:49

Quote:

Berkey, Fri 2 Aug 18:36

There`s a difference between the attitude I have now and the absolute immature mess you have been getting into on a daily basis on here over the last few years.

But you knew that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:53

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 2 Aug 18:49

Quote:

There`s a difference between the attitude I have now and the absolute immature mess you have been getting into on a daily basis on here over the last few years.

But you knew that.

Im glad you’re starting to see the light in some instances da_no_1 😂 now you just need to convince wee eck to join the cause….
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:53

If Kane was slow and overweight last season he did OK compared with others who were deemed to be fit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:56

Thought the unanimous opinion of the "experts " on this forum was to sign Kane last season?🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 18:57

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 2 Aug 18:53

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 2 Aug 18:49

Quote:

But you knew that.

Im glad you’re starting to see the light in some instances da_no_1 😂 now you just need to convince wee eck to join the cause….

What cause is that?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 19:00

They want you to choose a side da ~

trolls
or
the .net elite

Take yer time 😉

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 19:20

Ha ha I`ll no be picking sides. Happy to give my opinion, obviously, just refuse to bow to them.

I honestly don`t know why some bother. Especially you know who

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 19:21

I’ve never felt so much contempt towards a board. This has to be the worst we’ve had in my lifetime. We are in such an awful and worrying position with a weak and thin squad. Our marquee signing is injured (surely the club were aware before he signed) and our only goalkeeper is shipping goals in left right and centre. It’s beyond embarrassing that we have not signed a keeper to challenge Mehmet and we have a bench full of youngsters who our manager has claimed are nowhere ready for first team football.

To me it makes zero sense to put all your focus on a training/youth facility when you’re a club yo-yoing between the championship and league one in Scotland. There is no guarantee we’ll produce decent youngsters and we’re taking all focus away from improving the first team, which is desperately needed. The whole thing is a gamble. I don’t understand why we don’t look into this when we begin making profits and/or becoming a stable premier league team. Players are not going to come here because we have a nice training ground. They’ll most likely goto the club that are willing to pay and extra £100/200 a week for them. Apart from Kane, we have been scraping in the bargain bucket for players this season and have looked weaker each season since we were promoted.

We makes matters worse during this period is we are awful to watch. This is tolerable when you’re winning but makes going each week even more of a slog when the football is negative. I pray I’m wrong but I fear this is going to be a disastrous season (unless we make signings) and it’s going to create incredibly toxic atmospheres at East End if things don’t improve.

Post Edited (Fri 02 Aug 19:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 19:27

Yeah, I`d like to know what `cause` I`m being encouraged to join.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 19:28

Kane is a good player but if the board and management knew we could only financially sign 2/3 players, it’s silly to have signed a crock on a 2 year deal on probably good money as 1 of them signings.

Post Edited (Fri 02 Aug 20:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 19:34

Ah don’t be like that da no 1, your were just a bit slow out the blocks but your catching up now.

Didn’t think Kane was bad last year when he played and certainly didn’t think he was overweight although wasn’t match sharp when he joined, we just about nursed him enough to get what we needed from him to stay up though which would have been the aim as an experienced loan signing.

Had I known he couldn’t do a proper preseason and can’t even do light training without getting injured I would have said he wasn’t worth the risk and especially not on a 2 year deal when the other strikers were McCann and wighton.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 19:36

Doubt Kane would be risked on their pitch tomorrow regardless? Get him on a Ivan Drago regime ahead of the Falkirk game.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 19:46

Good to hear that Todd can tie his own laces and cut his food up now. That made me smile. Nothing else in the interview was remotely encouraging.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 19:52

Cheers Hudza 😀

Post Edited (Fri 02 Aug 20:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 20:02

Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert like
Date: Fri 2 Aug 18:56

Thought the unanimous opinion of the "experts " on this forum was to sign Kane last season?🤔

Not me…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 20:03

A whole post from Berkey without mentioning "Dundee and St Johnstone" or "old pals"

I`ll inform the press....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 20:19

McPake just looks like a frustrated manager telling the fans that we’re pihs but we might get a win but we have a young player blah blah…If anyone watches the interview and sees a manager looking forward to a season where the team can perform, might have a few setbacks but we will all rally round with the supporters and move on….. that interview is a guy that has lost it and just saying what he has been told to…
Jesus can you not see the the frustration in his face??? He’s deffo not been backed by the board and it’s going to be a long long season.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 20:21

"This has to be the worst we’ve had in my lifetime."

You must be very young! This is at worst the third worst we`ve had in the last 30 odd years.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 20:33

Wish I was Kelty! I know it’s controversial but at least we had some exciting years under Masterton and Yorkston, as much as it nearly ended up in disaster and I don’t have any positives to say about them after what happened. With the current board I currently fear for the future of our club with what’s going on and the money we’re losing and we’ve had nothing to be excited about in their regime so far.

I cannot think who the other one would be? I was a bit too young for the Woodrow era and would say McArthur and co were far better than what we have at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 20:45

Apologies Jake.
Edited now.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net