DAFC.net
Home 16 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ian murray
Topic Originator: MikeyDee  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:35

Sacked by raith today

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ian murray
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:40

Shocked at that

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AveragePar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:41

Mad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:41

Mental! They must have someone in mind for the job otherwise why back him so well in the market?

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:42

McCabe?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:44

Wow Rovers in for McCabe I imagine
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:45

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sun 4 Aug 12:44

Wow Rovers in for McCabe I imagine

Don’t think Callum Fordyce would be too happy with that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:48

McCabe a great shout, and as mentioned fordyce might be a bit gutted!

They were comfortable winners yesterday and that’s mostly a completely new team too, McCabe has them all playing without fear and not afraid to have a go, how refreshing.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:49

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them get McCabe. I don’t know if there’s any issue with Fordyce but if not, he’ll do an amazing job with them. They have a squad capable of playing football the way McCabe likes. Would love to see him manage us one day. The jobs he’s done with Airdrie is beyond incredible and he seems to get the best out of young players - something we’re trying to do but getting nowhere near the success he is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:49

Jeezo! What planet are they on? They`ve been playing above where they should be IMO. McCabe might not even want to leave Airdrie if that`s who they`re thinking and how would he handle a load of "seasoned professionals" on long contracts?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:51

I would replace McPake with Murray straight away to be honest.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:52

A bit late for an April fool, is it not?

Thought he did pretty well for the Rovers. Now they`re getting ideas above their station. Typical wee team wanting to be a big one. 🙄😀

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sun 04 Aug 15:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:55

Do I think Murray would get more out of our current squad than mcpake?

Yes I do, I’d expect him to do better if he got some additional funds too however unlikely both these scenario’s are.

To be fair, if your raith and you pinch McCabe then your chances of reaching the prem just got a lot higher.

Post Edited (Sun 04 Aug 12:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:56

Fordyce and McCabe are cousins, doubt there’s much aggro there. McCabe had Fordyce as his no. 2.

Would imagine Rovers will go right in for McCabe. If only our board were so proactive and binned McPake and brought in McCabe.

Bring on Ian Murray being appointed when McPake goes 😂😂

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:57

Did Andy Barrowman announce this via another quirky video on social media?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:02

Can see them lobbing money at Jack Ross

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:05

Tam courts jack Ross John Potter

It will be interesting to see the names banded about over the next week or so.

I`d take Murray in a heartbeat here, surprised he never got the hibs job.

My view was raith hanging onto him was actually signing of the season so far.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:08

"Despite finishing 2nd last season, results and performances since the turn of the year have fallen short of expectations."

or is it cause he had been complaining about players being unfit, injuries and lack of depth in the squad again?

sounds a bit familiar.....difference being they have done something about it while we plod along day in day out....

Post Edited (Sun 04 Aug 13:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:12

Crazy decision, and one they will have done with someone already sounded out to replace them, which is snakey move.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:14

Quote:

Athletico, Sun 4 Aug 13:12

Crazy decision, and one they will have done with someone already sounded out to replace them, which is snakey move.

Not snakey at all. Good planning. It’s what every business or club does.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:15

I just watched Ian Murray`s post-match interview after yesterday`s match - a 10-minute job in which he was very honest. I was struck with how many factors were similar to those affecting us eg players are giving 100% but lacking quality in the final third. They also have a few injuries - more than us I think - and brought someone on who did his hamstring straight away and had to go off and they had used all their subs. The boy had trained all week with no issues. Paul Hanlon (34 yo with 3-year contract) was still 2 weeks away from fitness. They were looking to strengthen their squad but the market was very quiet.

He made the point that football, especially in the Championship, was very fickle and he had worried about how they`d do this season after last season`s success. It was all very ironical in the light of what has just happened to him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:17

So their plan was to allow him to prepare his squad through preseason, scout and sign his signing targets and kick him out after day one of the season? Smashing plan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:20

Rovers fans weren`t happy with yesterday`s performance, it`s as if they were entitled to beat Airdrie!

Lack of a striker seems to be a problem, sounds familiar?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:20

Airdrie as a club are a completely different model to Raith. I don`t think they`ll look to McCabe. It`s too obvious

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:26

Tam Courts being mentioned, must be the Kelty connection?

Danny Lennon is another contender.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:32

Remember a lot of Raiths points came in the last 15mins of games last year, so that`ll have papered over some cracks.

From what I can see, fans are 50/50 over this.
Personally I wouldn`t want Murray at East End.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:34

Hope someone has dug out their tweet when he signed his 3 year deal. That aged well!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:43

Football is so strange. For the last wee while the Rovers have been cited as an example of a club with a plan and good communications keeping the fans onside - and then something like this happens completely out of the blue. Changing managers is always a bit of a gamble. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn`t.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:51

I get the feeling they’ve got someone lined up. I always felt he was on a sticky wicket not getting them promoted. As much as they said they’re only spending money on fairy liquid and paint, their squad did go from a mid-table championship squad to one that should be competing at the top of the table. I think he’s extremely unlucky with it being after the first game and not the first quarter but I’m not wholly surprised.

Reckon McPake is next tbh 😂😂😂

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:00

Reckon McCabe would be better staying at Airdrie, unless Raith are going to chuck cash at him in wages.

His stock is high after what he did with Airdrie last season and before. This season he`s rebuilt the team to an extent so he`d probably want to see that through. If they have another play off season, he`ll be in contention for a premiership job.

Or he goes to the wee team, inherits someone else`s squad, with only a few more signings of his own, but with the expectation (requirement or bust?) of getting promotion.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:06

Wonder if the new rovers manager might try and clear out some players to make way for his own? We might get a couple we’ve missed out on over the last few years (assuming cash found from somewhere, anywhere!!)

Murray and Byrne spring to mind, would absolutely take mullin

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:13

To be honest I would take most of their starting 11 at the moment! Otoo, Hamilton and a fit Chris Kane and Matty Todd are the ones that would challenge to get into the Raith team at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:13

Crikey
I read they were poor pre-season and didn’t last long in the league cup, before getting beat yesterday but didn’t expect today’s announcement.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:24

Hopefully we punt McPake just as quickly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:33

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 4 Aug 14:24

Given we are absolutely skint he will be here for a while.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:43

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sun 4 Aug 14:33

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 4 Aug 14:24

Given we are absolutely skint he will be here for a while.

I think if it gets bad enough, he’d be punted.

No looking forward to next weekend

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:49

Cash I hear you say Berkeley? 😂😂😂there’s nae cash
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 15:27

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 4 Aug 14:49

Cash I hear you say Berkeley? 😂😂😂there’s nae cash

I can’t think of a time when a club kept hold of a manager cos they couldn’t afford to pay him off.
We’ve heard loads of times that clubs can’t afford to sack a manager but they always end up sacked sooner or later

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 15:37

Not sure on the costs but what delivers better value? Giving mcpake money to bring in another experienced player or getting someone else in who can get more from the current squad?

Given mcpakes poor form in the transfer market, I would fancy a new more positive manager would have more impact on us than another experienced player signed by mcpake.

I’ve assumed mcpake is on around the same as our higher earners at around £800-£1000 a week, might be well off with that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 15:53

They`re going to make a bit of a dent in their deep pockets with this. He has almost full 3 years in his contract to be bought out and if they go for someone in employment with another club, that will be another contract to buy out. Then the new guy will want a transfer budget as while Murray has brought in a lot of experience they probably need younger players with `legs` to go along with that.
I`m not sure if McCabe would be that tempted unless he is offered a budget to get younger players in.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:20

Quote:

bannerpar, Sun 4 Aug 15:53

They`re going to make a bit of a dent in their deep pockets with this. He has almost full 3 years in his contract to be bought out and if they go for someone in employment with another club, that will be another contract to buy out. Then the new guy will want a transfer budget as while Murray has brought in a lot of experience they probably need younger players with `legs` to go along with that.
I`m not sure if McCabe would be that tempted unless he is offered a budget to get younger players in.

Nobody has a 3 year contract without a break clause (on either side) will be 6 months at best.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:23

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 4 Aug 13:15

I just watched Ian Murray`s post-match interview after yesterday`s match - a 10-minute job in which he was very honest. I was struck with how many factors were similar to those affecting us eg players are giving 100% but lacking quality in the final third. They also have a few injuries - more than us I think - and brought someone on who did his hamstring straight away and had to go off and they had used all their subs. The boy had trained all week with no issues. Paul Hanlon (34 yo with 3-year contract) was still 2 weeks away from fitness. They were looking to strengthen their squad but the market was very quiet.

He made the point that football, especially in the Championship, was very fickle and he had worried about how they`d do this season after last season`s success. It was all very ironical in the light of what has just happened to him.

I think that this is a consequence of their failed attempt to gain promotion last season. Pretty inevitable really given the constraints of financial renumeration in the championship. Every action has a reaction. As with our situation it won`t just be about the manager. There will be more complex issues around that. I would doubt that Raith would take that action without having a plan in place. One of the unintended consequences of this is the seemingly swift decision to sack someone who ran them close to promotion last year. That may put managers currently with clubs off and limit their options unless they have someone lined up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:26

What`s the point of having a three-year contract if either party can break it with only a six-month penalty? I`ve never understood that. Would it not make more sense to simply have, say, a six-month rolling contract?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:31

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 4 Aug 16:26

What`s the point of having a three-year contract if either party can break it with only a six-month penalty? I`ve never understood that. Would it not make more sense to simply have, say, a six-month rolling contract?

It could be for more personal financial reasons. Having spent many years working on contracts my experience is few mortgage companies will lend you money on the basis of a 6 months contract.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:36

Wouldn`t mortgage companies ask if you had a break clause, especially if you were a football manager? Mind you guys like Murray are probably well into their repayment schedules, if they haven`t actually paid their mortgages off!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:49

You would be surprised how fickle they can be wee eck!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 16:55

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 4 Aug 16:20

Quote:

bannerpar, Sun 4 Aug 15:53

Nobody has a 3 year contract without a break clause (on either side) will be 6 months at best.

6 months?! Absolute nonsense

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lesliepartoo  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:11

Heard tam courts name mentioned earlier today. Seemingly at the game yesterday

Cmon ye pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:19

Courts is an interesting one, quick Wikipedia suggests he doesn’t hang around more than a season or 2 in each job and tends to leave clubs by ‘mutual consent’

Obv Kelty connections though. Defo a gamble as he hasn’t done much of note apart from Kelty but they bought the leagues.

Murray surely won’t be without a job for that long as has a decent record at this level. He’ll pick another championship job up no problem.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:23

Quote:

Lesliepartoo, Sun 4 Aug 18:11

Heard tam courts name mentioned earlier today. Seemingly at the game yesterday

Rubbish. He’s in Saudi Arabia haven taken a job there.
Courts nowhere near it.
Kevin Thomson more likely
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:38

He must have just left then, I saw him a couple of days ago
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:18

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 4 Aug 16:26

I don`t work in football and have no knowledge of a typical manager contract but I have a 3-year contract with a 3-month notice period for both sides. If my employer wanted to end it early, they`d have to pay me 3 months in lieu. So 6 months doesn`t sound unlikely for a manager.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:23

Quote:

Alf, Sun 4 Aug 18:38

He must have just left then, I saw him a couple of days ago

His sister in law lives next door to my son. I seen them saying goodbye last weekend. Google will tell you about the job
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:25

Ok
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:31

I wasn`t questioning the length of the notice/period, fcda, but the point of signing, say, a three-year contract, if either party can break it by simply complying with the shorter period.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:36

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 4 Aug 19:31

I wasn`t questioning the length of the notice/period, fcda, but the point of signing, say, a three-year contract, if either party can break it by simply complying with the shorter period.

Sounds good to supporters that’s all. Every contract has a break, a friend of my sons played for Kilmarnock and he signed 2 years but strangely was a year rolling
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lesliepartoo  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:54

Al believe you then james Andrew74... haha... funny how he was seen at the game then I guess

Cmon ye pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 20:11

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 4 Aug 19:31

Purely based on this thread (& as we all know most of what is on this board is utter garbage) what is being described sounds like a 3 year contract with 6 months severance if terminated early (as opposed to a 6 month ‘break’). A rolling 6 month contract would mean should you be sacked you get 6 months salary as pay off if sacked unless you resign or agree a new contract. If you resign you get heehaw.

Post Edited (Sun 04 Aug 20:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 20:29

This is absolutely mental. Never before heard of a manager sacked after the first day of the season. And when they punched way above their weight the previous season.
Only thing that makes sense to me is that some of the signings may have been imposed on him and they may not have backed him with signings he wanted to make. Then results don`t go their way and there`s a falling out?
Thing is, if this is how they are running things it will get out and prospective candidates will think twice.
And whoever comes in will have less to spend as they`ll need pay off Murray. Unless someone`s picking from their personal money tree.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 20:41

It may be like a 6 month trial period that either party can leave within first 6 months
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:10

Let’s be honest. Who gives a monkey’s about the contract ?

They are after Brown but can’t see him going

Post Edited (Sun 04 Aug 21:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 22:32

Quote:

JTH123, Sun 4 Aug 20:29

This is absolutely mental. Never before heard of a manager sacked after the first day of the season. And when they punched way above their weight the previous season.
Only thing that makes sense to me is that some of the signings may have been imposed on him and they may not have backed him with signings he wanted to make. Then results don`t go their way and there`s a falling out?
Thing is, if this is how they are running things it will get out and prospective candidates will think twice.
And whoever comes in will have less to spend as they`ll need pay off Murray. Unless someone`s picking from their personal money tree.

Was thinking about that earlier. Can only think of Bryan Gunn at Norwich when they got cuffed 7-1 by Colchester on the opening day and there were fans coming onto the pitch to try and gdt to Gunn.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 07:48

JamesAndrew, the Courts thing is interesting. Been mentioned a few times that he`s working in Saudi but never seen anything officially announced and the club he was mentioned as joining already have a manager in place.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 07:58

His linkedin shows his title at Al-Qadsiah as `Development Coach` so maybe no manager/first team coach duties and he`d be looking to get back into that kind of role.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 08:29

Quote:

kelty_par, Mon 5 Aug 07:48

JamesAndrew, the Courts thing is interesting. Been mentioned a few times that he`s working in Saudi but never seen anything officially announced and the club he was mentioned as joining already have a manager in place.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/5026928/tam-courts-dundee-united-saudi-arabia-move/

It was mentioned as a youth development role.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 09:41

Aye "set for" - has it officially been announced somewhere?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 09:48

As mentioned above he has them as his employers on his own LinkedIn profile starting in July.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Aug 09:49)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DNCH  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 03:52

This surprised me but then when I thought about it, it didn`t. Dundee United were there for the taking last season and every single time Rovers had the chance to get the jump on them, he couldn`t get a song out of them (their random 3-2 to last placed Arbroath on a Friday night comes to mind).

The board at the Rovers gave Murray almost every single player he asked for in January when they were in prime position to try and win the league and even with all those reinforcements they never managed to pull clear. They haven`t been trending towards success on the field if you analyze the results and you definitely can`t claim the board didn`t back the manager. Eventually the buck stops at him.

What is weird is they allowed him to hand long term contracts to mid 30`s Hibs players. Rovers board must think the league is there for the taking and a strong appointment will get them there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 07:06

Good interview with Andy Barrowman on Rovers socials, explains the decision via relevant questions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 08:14

It’s all relative I suppose …they have aspirations, and while we would happily have taken what they achieved, if they don’t believe Murray will take them to where they want to be then better to act now and give the new person as long as possible…

Agree with the above, for all their successes (but ultimate failure), they allowed what seemed liked a relatively poor United walk away with the title
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 08:15

Interesting comments by Andy Barrowman. The statement indicated the turn of the year I.e. since January. They didn`t get promoted so they would see that as a failure given the financial commitments they made in terms of signings in my view.

The comment that he doesn`t care what the players think I find a bit strange but not sure what this meant in context.

They have clearly acted on the basis of making another attempt to achieve promotion this season, and that may be underpinned by the possibility that there is no big club in the division and it could be anybodies league. It will be their best opportunity.

I suspect it`s a calculated risk but one they are prepared to take.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 08:21

You`d think Barrowman of all people would know that spending the most money on the "best" squad doesn`t mean success. Raith did incredibly well last season under Murray and would probably have been happy with a play off position if it wasn`t for a very solid start. Maybe they`re hoping to find a two Jimmies?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 08:43

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Tue 6 Aug 07:06

Good interview with Andy Barrowman on Rovers socials, explains the decision via relevant questions.

Strange take as a fair few comments from fans make the claim he is just talking p*sh and avoiding answering questions…..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 09:18

That was my take, Dave. Statements from rival clubs are taken at face value but anything coming out of EEP would be viewed with great scepticism.

You rarely, if ever, hear a club who have just sacked a manager admit that maybe they had made the wrong choice when they appointed him. That would be real candour!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 09:29

The majority of Raith fans on their social pages think it was a decent interview and a lot seem more at ease with the decision on the back of it. Seemed like the interviewer was asking questions that the fans wanted too.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 09:46

Quote:

Dave_1885, Tue 6 Aug 08:43

Quote:

Strange take as a fair few comments from fans make the claim he is just talking p*sh and avoiding answering questions…..

Not at all, honestly answered questions, including saying some players had regressed under Murray which is a bold thing to say.
I can see how a disingenuous blinkered Dunfermline fan might want not want to credit anything a rival club might do though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 09:55

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Tue 6 Aug 09:46

Quote:

Dave_1885, Tue 6 Aug 08:43

Quote:

Not at all, honestly answered questions, including saying some players had regressed under Murray which is a bold thing to say.
I can see how a disingenuous blinkered Dunfermline fan might want not want to credit anything a rival club might do though.

It`s just as stage managed as any other football club PR. Anyone with critical thinking (i.e. a proper journalistic interview) would have pressed him on one simple point

"You keep saying this isn`t a knee jerk reaction and has been formed over many months, so why go through a squad building/recruitment process including high-tariff signings only to sack him after one league match"?

It`s a higher quality, better produced interview than ours are, I`ll give them that. But it`s PR.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SharpPar  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 10:31

That was not a ‘transparent’ interview by Barrowman. 20 mins of saying very little. Smiling when he said a manager lost his job and repeating key phrases. Wasn’t pushed on why the manager was offered a 3 year contract if the view to sack him was building for months.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 11:00

That could have been a paragraph of text to say "Ian Murray has done a great job at Raith Rovers but we don`t feel he`s the right person to take us to the next level, which is our aspiration as a club. Whilst we will ensure Ian is compensated, this will not have an effect on the transfer budget. We wish Ian all the best and thank him for all his efforts."

Sorry, but if Cook waffled on like that for 20 minutes I`d be questioning his integrity as a CEO. Complete drivel. Says Murray improved the squad and did great work...but we`ve decided to sack him. Says there`s no financial burden in sacking Murray...but we will compensate him.

Bringing it back to us, how is it Raith have such a "healthy transfer budget" with lower crowds, lower merchandise sales and a bigger squad?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 11:04

According to their fans it`s because they`ve sold a few more pies and yellow strips. Nothing to do with the wealthy fans they have pumping money in.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 11:05

They are spending money on players we are spending money on academy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 11:09

Raith increased revenue by £600k last year and they were predicting a profit for their first year under the new owners.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 11:34

Quote:

parathletic, Tue 6 Aug 11:09

Raith increased revenue by £600k last year and they were predicting a profit for their first year under the new owners.

It’s easy to increase revenue from a low starting base. But even with the increase they failed to gain promotion. They can’t afford to miss out this year or they’ll be looking for even more hand outs from their owners.

With the crowds Raith get there current spending isn’t sustainable, but it would be if they get promoted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:02

I’ve not checked but do raith get low crowds? I would have thought with the size Kirkcaldy is these days that they’d garner good home support.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:10

Over 1000 extra punters per game in EEP than Starks. Obviously not all going to be full price but even saying £10 a head, that`s £10k extra per game (or £180k over the season).

Then we have extra shirt and other merchandise sales, the stadium naming money, player sale money, fan zone money etc.

Half the cost of the academy set up was covered by the UK Government and it`s receiving money from the Lifeline.

There are either deeper pockets at Starks or it is being far more efficiently run than we are. I suspect it`s a little from column A, little from column B, which is embarrassing when we have so many business men and financial experts on our board and a full-time CEO with experience of working at big organisations.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:12

Quote:

Kdy Par, Tue 6 Aug 11:34

Quote:

It’s easy to increase revenue from a low starting base. But even with the increase they failed to gain promotion. They can’t afford to miss out this year or they’ll be looking for even more hand outs from their owners.

With the crowds Raith get there current spending isn’t sustainable, but it would be if they get promoted.

If they make a profit as they predict despite their current spending, how is that not sustainable?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:14

Quote:

parathletic, Tue 6 Aug 12:12

Quote:

Kdy Par, Tue 6 Aug 11:34

Quote:

If they make a profit as they predict despite their current spending, how is that not sustainable?

How much of a profit are they predicting? They’ve just committed to 2 and 3 year deals for the Hibs OAPs. That’ll cost them £160k a year. That’s a lot of extra pies to sell.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:26

How is the cash from their wealthy patron(s) being treated? Is it for shares? Is it a loan? Is it simply a donation going straight to their P/L account? That could have a major effect on reported profitability.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:33

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/we-have-a-commitment-to-excellence-raith-rovers-report-rapid-revenue-rise-of-ps600k-under-new-owners-4501478

Their spending on football operations increased by £129k last year against the £600k increase in revenue.Those figures are for a 7 month period vs the same time in the previous year.

Post Edited (Tue 06 Aug 12:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:45

Quote:

buffy, Tue 6 Aug 12:02

I’ve not checked but do raith get low crowds? I would have thought with the size Kirkcaldy is these days that they’d garner good home support.

I sometimes do bits of geographic/population analysis for a job and I looked at Dunfermline vs Rovers `potential` fan base. I never posted the detailed results (I could go back to it), but one thing I did find is that although Kirkcaldy is a large town population wise there isn`t nearly the same proximity of people around it compared to Dunfermline. All the towns around dunfermline make a massive difference to our potential local fan base.

People often say Kirkcaldy natives are instead going to the ice rink but they also face a challenge in terms of where the ground is journey times wise and maybe a bit in terms of deprivation in the area. Not easy things to fix.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:35

But is Kirkcaldy and it’s surrounding towns impacted in the same way s we are by the sphere of influence from other bigger teams?, eg inverkeithing is 30 mins by train to hearts

Post Edited (Tue 06 Aug 13:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 14:02

Quote:

DBP, Tue 6 Aug 13:35

But is Kirkcaldy and it’s surrounding towns impacted in the same way s we are by the sphere of influence from other bigger teams?, eg inverkeithing is 30 mins by train to hearts

Plus Glenrothes is a large town with no senior football team. I would say there is a higher population area surrounding Kirkcaldy than Dunfermline.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 14:14

There are probably limited audiences from places like Glenrothes due to it having so many people imported from other parts of Scotland when it was expanded as a New Town.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 14:17

I imagine a lot of Dunfermline residents in the newer areas originated from Edinburgh etc so their allegiances lie elsewhere?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4ages  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 14:32

Let’s face it Starks park is a tip an old stand that is falling apart and barely reaches the half way line two stands behind th Goals are adequate but compared with EEP the match day experience is miles worse so when the team from pratt street struggle a bit their supporters have traditionally disappeared like snow off a dyke whereas the pars have a far more loyal support although we are being sorely tested at present.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 15:45

Quote:

parathletic, Tue 6 Aug 14:17

I imagine a lot of Dunfermline residents in the newer areas originated from Edinburgh etc so their allegiances lie elsewhere?

I think this is a bit of a myth but basing that solely on my street in Duloch where almost all are Fifers but half them support Celtic, Rangers, Liverpool.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 16:27

Quote:

jake89, Tue 6 Aug 15:45

Quote:

parathletic, Tue 6 Aug 14:17

I think this is a bit of a myth but basing that solely on my street in Duloch where almost all are Fifers but half them support Celtic, Rangers, Liverpool.

Also in Duloch and definitely a few Old Firm fans kicking about.We have at least one Jambo in the street though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thenatural  
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 07:52

I caught up with an old pal on Monday who now lives in Duloch. Seems to fit this profile neatly. He’s a Hibs fan and was saying his laddie was now keen to get into fitba but wanted to support Rangers because all his pals did. My mate has taken the bold but highly admirable position, given the circumstances, of offering to start going to see the Pars with the poor boy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 08:02

Quote:

thenatural, Wed 7 Aug 07:52

I caught up with an old pal on Monday who now lives in Duloch. Seems to fit this profile neatly. He’s a Hibs fan and was saying his laddie was now keen to get into fitba but wanted to support Rangers because all his pals did. My mate has taken the bold but highly admirable position, given the circumstances, of offering to start going to see the Pars with the poor boy.

That won`t last long, a few games of watching this team will put him off football for life
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 08:12

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Wed 7 Aug 08:02

Quote:

thenatural, Wed 7 Aug 07:52

That won`t last long, a few games of watching this team will put him off football for life

My laddies first game was QOS when we won league one. His first season ticket last year. Went for weeks without seeing a win throughout the torturous season we all went through but still wanted me to renew for his birthday just there and we were at Livingston. It`s not always about wonderful football and following your team through thick and thin.

It`s also about time spent with folk that matter.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 08:25

I think I was about 6 or 7 and my first game was a 0-0 draw against Ayr United in the mid 80`s-still loved every minute of it, and I was hooked.
One of my friends was telling me the other day how his young son asked for one of the Saudi Pro League strips for his birthday.With all the football on TV and other platforms now, even if kids are into football it`s hard to get them to engage with the Pars.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 18:27

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 7 Aug
My laddies first game was QOS when we won league one. His first season ticket last year. Went for weeks without seeing a win throughout the torturous season we all went through but still wanted me to renew for his birthday just there and we were at Livingston. It`s not always about wonderful football and following your team through thick and thin.

It`s also about time spent with folk that matter.

Funnily enough Paul, our Sophie`s first game was against Brechin when we won the league with the Faisal hat trick. She was only there as my wife was away that weekend. She was 5 and she`s had a season ticket ever since and hates missing a game.

My laddie was a season ticket holder for a couple of years leading up to the Cowden play off final and it absolutely scunnered him. He`s been to about 3 games since.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 18:58

Think that’s bad, my laddies first game was the 6-0 home defeat to Kilmarnock
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 21:35

My first pars game was when we beat Airdrie 5-1 if I remember right. Alan Moore was on the scoresheet that day. Bert Paton was the manager

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 22:17

Peter Leven Aberdeen assistant last year now being spoken off for Rovers game

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 09:20

Nacho Novo and Christophe Berra are now being linked with the job.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 13:30

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 9 Aug 09:20

Nacho Novo and Christophe Berra are now being linked with the job.

Seems strange they sack Murray and look happy to bring in inexperienced managers.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 13:35

I think it`s just paper talk that these guys are interested. I don`t think there`s any evidence Rovers are actually targeting them.

I see Rovers are about to pocket a sizeable add-on fee from their ex-player Kieron Bowie moving from Fulham to Hibs; £120k according to the Courier. It just shows the potential value in rearing your own players.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 13:38

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 9 Aug 13:35

I think it`s just paper talk that these guys are interested. I don`t think there`s any evidence Rovers are actually targeting them.

I see Rovers are about to pocket a sizeable add-on fee from their ex-player Kieron Bowie moving from Fulham to Hibs; £120k according to the Courier. It just shows the potential value in rearing your own players.

Don’t think anyone has disagreed with trying to bring through your own players but not at the detriment to the first team. We wanted Kieron but being a Rovers boy there was only going to be one winner just like his brother who has rejected us. Nice lad , hope it works out for him at Hibs.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 09:16

St Mirren assistant manager Diarmuid O’Carroll has turned down the chance to become Raith Rovers boss. (Scottish Sun).

Yet another name linked to this job. I`m sure Darren O`Dea (McPake`s contact at Celtic Park) was also mentioned as a possible candidate.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 12:08

Aberdeen have knocked back an approach from Raith to speak to Peter Leven.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 12:18

I imagine they would just need to pay compensation or have Leven resign.

I think Potter may end up in charge.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 12:21

If the Rovers had a plan in place to replace Murray it doesn`t seem to have worked.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 14:37

Makes me think they’ve no really had a plan after all. I’ve no watched it but I’ve seen people say that video was just 20mins of waffle so perhaps it was a snap decision to sack him? It could be a decision that the live to regret. From the outside Murray was doing a decent enough job

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 14:46

It was the kind of decision you might expect `non-football` people to make but presumably Andy Borrowman was a big pert of it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Aug 16:52

David Healy incoming

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Aug 16:55

Successful Irish manager who has a history of winning titles. He`ll definitely do well in the Scottish leagues.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Aug 17:04

Quote:

jake89, Fri 23 Aug 16:55

Successful Irish manager who has a history of winning titles. He`ll definitely do well in the Scottish leagues.

Is that a guarantee?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Aug 17:12

Quote:

Kdy Par, Fri 23 Aug 17:04

Quote:

Is that a guarantee?

It’s a dig at Kenny

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Aug 17:25

He played for Rangers so will guarantee the Rovers some publicity in the Scottish media. I hadn`t realised Larne won the NI league the last two seasons.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Aug 20:45

Quote:

DJAS, Fri 23 Aug 17:12

Quote:

Quote:

Is that a guarantee?

It’s a dig at Kenny

👀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Aug 20:46

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 23 Aug 17:25

He played for Rangers so will guarantee the Rovers some publicity in the Scottish media. I hadn`t realised Larne won the NI league the last two seasons.

Also did very well as an international player for N.Ireland but as per usual the media go with "Ex-Rangers player". They`ll probably do the same if KRH ever signs for a big club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Aug 20:57

Quote:

jake89, Fri 23 Aug 20:45

Quote:

DJAS, Fri 23 Aug 17:12

Quote:

Quote:

Is that a guarantee?

It’s a dig at Kenny

👀

Went over my head 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 17:50

Healy signs on again at Linfield. Back to the drawing board for the Rovers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 17:57

What a disappointment for such a well-run club!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 18:10

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 26 Aug 17:57

Aye, I`m sure they look westwards towards East End Park filled with envy right enough...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 18:14

Well that’s a real kick in the ging gang goolies for them eh!

Think they’ll buy McPake?

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 18:14

Potter/Cameron til the end of the season. What a shambles

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 18:21

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 26 Aug 18:14

Is that what they’re saying? That’s a big risk for them! Considering they went so close to getting promoted last season the bar will be set high and if he makes a tube of the managers job it’ll no doubt have people question his Director of football role. Interim manager he’ll get away with a couple of defeats, full time manager-I think not

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 18:29

Quote:

NMCmassive, Mon 26 Aug 18:21

Quote:

Is that what they’re saying? That’s a big risk for them! Considering they went so close to getting promoted last season the bar will be set high and if he makes a tube of the managers job it’ll no doubt have people question his Director of football role. Interim manager he’ll get away with a couple of defeats, full time manager-I think not

Just speculating 😆

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 18:31

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 26 Aug 18:29

Quote:

NMCmassive, Mon 26 Aug 18:21

Quote:

Just speculating 😆

Ffs 🤦‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️😂

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 18:47

Quote:

Andrew283, Mon 26 Aug 18:10

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 26 Aug 17:57

Aye, I`m sure they look westwards towards East End Park filled with envy right enough...

Well obviously not.

However they do seem to be doing their best to bollox up a promising situation going into a new season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 20:36

I apologise. For a moment there I forgot that we`re the wee team now. 🙁🙁🙁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 20:53

Potter ran most of the sessions anyway at training. Murray was a more man management role with the team.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Aug 09:17

It seems Healy wasn`t on Rovers` short list but he applied for the job and impressed them so a deal was agreed including compensation to be paid to Linfield - then he changed his mind. Andy Barrowman was disappointed Linfield made it all public without their consent.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Aug 09:31

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 27 Aug 09:17

It seems Healy wasn`t on Rovers` short list but he applied for the job and impressed them so a deal was agreed including compensation to be paid to Linfield - then he changed his mind. Andy Barrowman was disappointed Linfield made it all public without their consent.

Barrowman comes across as very unlikeable. Must be under pressure to get someone after sacking Murray one game into the season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Aug 10:44

Nowhere near the state we`re in of course but it`s still very funny.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Aug 08:14

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 27 Aug 09:17

I very much doubt the leak was at the Linfield end.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 28 Aug 13:42

Healy played a blinder here and got himself a new contract out of it into the bargain.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Aug 15:32

Surprised Potter ain`t contacting his old workmate Jack Ross?🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 28 Aug 16:16

We`re even a worse rabble than Raith, and that takes a lot!

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Aug 19:35

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 28 Aug 15:32

He`s got a very secure, well paid gig at Newcastle I thought. Canny see him jacking that in to come to Kirkcuddie

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Aug 20:13

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 28 Aug 19:35

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 28 Aug 15:32

He`s got a very secure, well paid gig at Newcastle I thought. Canny see him jacking that in to come to Kirkcuddie

Didn`t know he was there!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 09:16

I see the Rovers lost to a 90th minute goal yesterday, with Dabrowski letting a long-range shot squirm out of his grasp. Tom English on Radio Scotland was contrasting their fortunes last season with their form since deciding to ditch Ian Murray.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 09:31

Good to hear. He`s a total dick.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 09:37

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 1 Sept 09:31

Seconded.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 09:59

He is a fanny indeed, although unfortunately seems to save his best performances against us, he seems to enjoy the attention.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 13:25

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 1 Sep 09:31

Absolutely.

He’s been known to publicly watch his own highlights ffs 😂

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 19:12

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sun 1 Sep 13:25

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 1 Sep 09:31

Absolutely.

He’s been known to publicly watch his own highlights ffs 😂

Pride comes before a fall. He is overdue a stinker versus us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 19:15

Quote:

If you are you are talking about the wee team keeper as a person, you are miles off it. He`s quite sound away from the football pitch.

Post Edited (Sun 01 Sep 19:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 19:19

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Sun 1 Sept 19:15

Quote:

If you are you are talking about the wee team keeper as a person, you are miles off it. He`s quite sound away from the football pitch.

I don`t profess to know anything about him as a person. He`s a total dick on the pitch. If he`s your best mate off it fair enough.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 11:51

Neil Lennon coming in

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 16:07

Nope. I`m astounded at who they`re apparently after.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 16:48

Lennon would be a fantastic appointment but would be surprised to see him at Raith. I’m shocked it has taken them so long to get someone in. They have a decent squad and I’d imagine the objective will be playoffs now after such a poor start to the season?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 17:00

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 3 Sept 16:07

Sooty and Sweep?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 17:04

Quote:

jake89, Tue 3 Sept 17:00

Quote:

Sooty and Sweep?

Neil Collins ex Barnsley. Bizarre appointment if true

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 17:54

According to the Courier Ian Murray has now reached an agreement with Raith on a financial settlement for the remaining three years of his contract and he is keen to get back into the game. He released a statement which ended -

“The board were so impressed by the progression (of the club) and I was delighted to accept a three-year extension to my contract in December 2023. This season I was also pleased to secure the signing of some good players and had other signing targets that I had discussed internally. Therefore I was quietly confident that we could go one better than last season’s achievement and secure promotion to the Premiership.

“I was stunned when I received a short telephone call from Andrew Barrowman on the Sunday morning after the Airdrie match telling me my contract was being terminated. I told him I totally disagreed with this decision. But I’ve been in the game long enough to know that, despite my record, nothing should surprise you in football.”

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 18:23

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 3 Sept 17:54

According to the Courier Ian Murray has now reached an agreement with Raith on a financial settlement for the remaining three years of his contract and he is keen to get back into the game. He released a statement which ended -

“The board were so impressed by the progression (of the club) and I was delighted to accept a three-year extension to my contract in December 2023. This season I was also pleased to secure the signing of some good players and had other signing targets that I had discussed internally. Therefore I was quietly confident that we could go one better than last season’s achievement and secure promotion to the Premiership.

“I was stunned when I received a short telephone call from Andrew Barrowman on the Sunday morning after the Airdrie match telling me my contract was being terminated. I told him I totally disagreed with this decision. But I’ve been in the game long enough to know that, despite my record, nothing should surprise you in football.”

A distinct lack of class from Mr Barrowman to inform Murray of his sacking by telephone. Contrast that with Ross McArthur, who visited Peter Grant in person to tell him he was being dismissed, once the Board had made the decision, even though he (McArthur) was ill at the time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 18:33

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 3 Sept 17:04

Quote:

Quote:

Sooty and Sweep?

Why is it bizzare? It`s out of the box absolutely but by all accounts did well enough at Barnsley (who play at a much higher level than us). Everyone scoffed when Dundee appointed Tony Doc and look how that turned out.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 18:34

Have to admit being taken by surprise at his sacking after doing so well last season.
Barrowman doesn’t come out of this well at all.
I could kind of get it if they had someone lined up to take over but they’ve left their squad high and dry just because of a poor early season and last few weeks of last season.
Perhaps Barrowman has been a bit too hands on with some of the senior pros listening to complaints about his style of management.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 19:06

Some reputational damage for RR I think. It`s an unusual decision given the moderate success last season. I suppose managers get used to it. Who would want to be a football manager.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 19:14

Quote:

LesliePar, Tue 3 Sep 18:33

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sooty and Sweep?

Why is it bizzare? It`s out of the box absolutely but by all accounts did well enough at Barnsley (who play at a much higher level than us). Everyone scoffed when Dundee appointed Tony Doc and look how that turned out.

Having been to a few lower league English games. The standard as a whole is not much higher. Some teams are. The main difference is the amount of money they have. One of the worst games I’ve ever been to was at that level. Just last season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 19:31

Quote:

LesliePar, Tue 3 Sept 18:33

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sooty and Sweep?

It`s bizarre in that no-one expected it and he`s hardly set the managerial heather on fire to date.

Sacking Murray was odd. This takes it to another level.

Massive gamble

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 19:35

Would happily take Murray as manager. If Mcpake loses to Raith next Friday he should be punted

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 19:54

Quote:

parsfan97, Tue 3 Sept 19:35

Would happily take Murray as manager. If Mcpake loses to Raith next Friday he should be punted

Agree and agree 👍

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 21:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 3 Sep 19:54

Quote:

parsfan97, Tue 3 Sept 19:35

Agree and agree 👍

Seconded! 😃
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 22:57

Collins confirmed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 23:21

I must admit I hadn`t heard of him. He was born in Troon and played for QP and Dumbarton before heading south. His last club as a player was Tampa Bay Rowdies who were the first team he managed. After some success there he was appointed manager of Barnsley where he spent two seasons before being sacked in April this year.

Andy Barrowman says he was their `top choice`.

ETA - His departure from Barnsley was almost as controversial as Murray's from Raith. He was sacked with one game of the season to go although they were in the play-off places but had suffered a poor run-in. As it happened they got to the play-offs after he left but lost in the semi-finals.

Post Edited (Tue 03 Sep 23:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Tue 3 Sep 23:31

You would be amazed buy some CV’s sent in to manage the club… 😅

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 02:12

David Healey of Linfield was Andy Barrowmans "top choice" a few days ago. Barrowman really is a chancer in life.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 02:48

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 3 Sep 23:21

I must admit I hadn`t heard of him. He was born in Troon and played for QP and Dumbarton before heading south. His last club as a player was Tampa Bay Rowdies who were the first team he managed. After some success there he was appointed manager of Barnsley where he spent two seasons before being sacked in April this year.

Andy Barrowman says he was their `top choice`.

ETA - His departure from Barnsley was almost as controversial as Murray`s from Raith. He was sacked with one game of the season to go although they were in the play-off places but had suffered a poor run-in. As it happened they got to the play-offs after he left but lost in the semi-finals.

Only spent last year in charge of Barnsley, which makes his sacking even more ludicrous.

3 year deal after paying off Murray is steep! And he wont have come cheap coming from League One either…….
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 08:41

Yeah, my mistake; Collins was on a two-year deal at Barnsley but was sacked after one year. He`s a Kilmarnock fan and visited Stark`s Park a few times as a fan and as a player. He spent most of his playing career at Sheffield United.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 15:39

Raith fans underwhelmed, Barrowman getting called out!🤭🤣🤣🤣

Post Edited (Wed 04 Sep 15:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 18:31

There`s no version of reality where this guy was the first choice.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 20:04

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Wed 4 Sept 18:31

There`s no version of reality where this guy was the first choice.

He became their first choice after all the other first choices turned them down, Rusty. Surprised you didn`t work that out for yourself. 🤔

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 06:56

The circumstances of his sacking from Barnsley are similar to Ian Murray. Successful in terms of results but sacked. He was very successful with Tampa. I am sure the cultural change in the game between the US to UK would take some adjustment. One season doesn`t sound long enough. Barnsley supporters were mixed in their comments. Some felt his tactics were wrong others say he wasn`t supported by the senior management. They lost a lot of players the season before, and he did well with the squad he had. Fans were calling for him to go throughout the Blackpool game, apparently.

I suspect he will do well for Raith Rovers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 07:34

Tampa Bay Rowdies have had 9 managers in their history and 4 have been Scottish.Robbie Neilson currently has the gig.I`m not sure if there is a Scottish connection behind the scenes?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kintos  
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 08:07

Annoyingly I think he will do a job for Rovers. Had Barnsley absolutely flying for most of the season, punching well above their weight. Was only after conceding a 97th minute equaliser against Bolton in March (a win would have moved them equal with Bolton in 2nd if memory serves), that their season began to faulter. Ultimately, just held onto a playoff spot with the aforementioned, bizarrely timed sacking.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net