DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 David Wotherspoon
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 21:53

I`ve just been reading an earlier thread about him being a great guy to sign. I`m now trying to think, now that we have signed him, what he brings to the table. He looks as if he might be a player but he sure wasn`t fast, or alert enough to pose any problems to Falkirk today. He missed a penalty last week and today, was ambling forward, paying no attention to the game, when a great ball was slotted through to him. He was daydreaming and we lost the ball. I wonder if he has an attitude problem and thinks he`s too good for the team? Maybe the management thought he was better than he is and that`s why he was taking the penalties. Don`t let him take the next one, or any more until he proves that he really wants to play for us.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: David Wotherspoon
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 22:24

I thought he was maybe not feeling well. He looked a bit peelywally when I saw him prior to ko, and as you said he looked a bit lost / daydreaming at times.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 22:38

We tried to sign him last season but he went elsewhere, perhaps he had no other offers this season , seen him a few times this season brings nothing to the team and can,t last 90 mins, just another auld pals act

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 22:46

He was poor at times today but he did show somethings that other players in our squad don’t have. He is good with the ball at his feet, can turn well with strong ball control, he Played a couple of good through balls - 1 in particular was top notch. Overall his performance was poor tho. Took to long on the ball. Slowed it down when it needed speeding up. Turned away from attacking opportunities.

It feels like we’ve got him too late. If he was adding to a strong squad he’d be a good addition but we need him to be a leader and I don’t quite see that coming from him.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 23:01

At least, if what Buffy says is true, and he was under the weather today, his underperforming may be temporary, and he might just come on to a great game. After all, even though your speed might tail off by the age of 34, other qualities can mature with age.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 23:06

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 10 Aug 23:01

At least, if what Buffy says is true, and he was under the weather today, his underperforming may be temporary, and he might just come on to a great game. After all, even though your speed might tail off by the age of 34, other qualities can mature with age.

I really hope so. When O’Too played the ball to him he was absolutely not aware what was going on. Let’s see how he gets on and up to speed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 08:16

He has some quality, his touch is generally good and he gets into some intelligent positions to receive the ball, which often doesn`t come. He can be a bit slow though and quite often turns back when he has space to drive forward. You have to hope that there is more to come from him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 08:18

Said at the time he looked as if he couldn’t be arsed, lost count of the amount of times he lost the ball with slack passing. There’s clearly a player there, but I think hes going to be another dorrans. I hope im wrong.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 08:28

My guess is needs runners around him creating space and giving him options to play through balls to get in behind.

But we have no midfield runners in this team who will go beyond him, wighton doesn’t really want to run and McCann runs for 60 minutes but there’s no intelligence or end product.

This combined with mcpakes negative tactics and he looks like another o’hallaran, an old mate signed without thinking if he fits into the team.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 08:38

I agree. He needs players running off him. Right now, he doesn’t have options when he’s on the ball. I suspect he feels a little deflated with the obvious weaknesses in the squad?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 09:11

He might be a good player, but he is playing with a bunch of numpties that he can`t show any of it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 10:04

I think he has shown occasional glimpses of why he has played in the Premiership for 10 years.

He has good vision and tends to pick out the run when he has the opportunity to do so. Maybe when Chris Kane (and eventually Matty Todd) come into the team he’ll have more options ahead of him to do that.

Definitely not his best game yesterday but was a poor team performance on the whole.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 10:53

You don`t play at the level he has without ability the issue is we don`t have players with the similar level to read the game to help him out.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 14:30

Good football brain but holly **** so slow and imobile

not what you want in a relegation scrap. when we didnt have the ball yesterday he was a passenger. Legs have gone.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 21:18

Quote:

parsmad68, Sat 10 Aug 23:06

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 10 Aug 23:01

I really hope so. When O’Too played the ball to him he was absolutely not aware what was going on. Let’s see how he gets on and up to speed.

Tbf that was from a free kick or offside, no player was actually facing otoo and im not sure he gave a shout, and there was not really an opportuntity for a counter attack anyways as we are awfully slow at build up play, just a miscommunication

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 21:45

He played amazing passes on a number of occasions, with the right players around him and correct formation he will be a key player for us
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 07:55

Got into a few good positions and a few nice touches but if he`s not getting the runs or movement he is used to / expecting to move the ball on then it ends up being him who will look like the problem and get caught in possession, fans get on his back etc etc.

Saw the same before with Dorrans.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 08:18

He hasn`t really played a lot of football since the turn of the year so probably isn`t fully up to speed.Hopefully, he stays fit and the best of him is still to come. Having Matty Todd in there looking to make forward runs will help too-fingers crossed.
The manager has a couple of weeks to work with what he has got on the training ground. At the very least, you are looking for good organisation and energy from the team in the next game(s).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 15:33

parathletic wrote:

> He hasn`t really played a lot of football since the turn of the
> year so probably isn`t fully up to speed.Hopefully, he stays
> fit and the best of him is still to come. Having Matty Todd in
> there looking to make forward runs will help too-fingers
> crossed.
> The manager has a couple of weeks to work with what he has got
> on the training ground. At the very least, you are looking for
> good organisation and energy from the team in the next game(s).

And perhaps the odd goal

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 18:02

Couple of weeks on the training ground? At the very least you are looking for good organisation and energy from the team?

Isn’t this what preseason is for?

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 18:16

This is my problem.
After 2 full seasons, being manager and 5 transfer windows, mcpake should really have his squad settled and firing on all cylinders.
A solid first team picks itself.
I wouldn`t want to put money on guessing our next starting 11.
And the fact that we have absolutely zero fluency going forward is frightening.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 18:21

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 12 Aug 18:02

Couple of weeks on the training ground? At the very least you are looking for good organisation and energy from the team?

Isn’t this what preseason is for?

100% but that hasn`t happened on the evidence so far.If there aren`t improvements soon the manager has to go-it`s his team now.
I dread to think about us picking up injuries and suspensions though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 19:39

Also I would add that 10 of the 11 that started on sat were with us in league 1, if they don’t understand mcpakes tactics by now they never will.

I think he’s setting us up all wrong just now to prove a point…or he’s just a bit useless with limited tactical awareness or knowledge.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 02:01

My Dundee supporting mates told me how crap McPake is as a manager. His Dundee team was massively carried by Adam and Co. He is worse than a dinosaur, he`s the asteroid to quality football
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 02:55

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 13 Aug 02:01

My Dundee supporting mates told me how crap McPake is as a manager. His Dundee team was massively carried by Adam and Co. He is worse than a dinosaur, he`s the asteroid to quality football

It`s after 2 in the morning, and you feel the need to come online and abuse someone.
Is that normal behaviour? Are you OK?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 07:57

I think the big problem was the start of the Falkirk move where McIvor put it past the post at 1 nil both Wotherspoon and wighton didn`t put pressure on the Falkirk player Hamilton then rushed out of position and created a gap in behind. That`s nothing to do with lack of funds it`s just lack of energy.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 13:28

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 13 Aug 02:55

Quote:

It`s after 2 in the morning, and you feel the need to come online and abuse someone.

Some of us work overnight. Why are you lurking at 3am?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 13:40

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 13 Aug 13:28

Quote:

Quote:

Like you say, some of us work overnight.
Coming online to abuse someone at any time is weird. 2am??? Glad you are OK.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 14:56

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 13 Aug 13:40

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

More an opinion than abuse I think, he`s merely stating how he feels their ability to manage the team seems to him......
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 15:05

Quote:

I`m intrigued as to what an "asteroid to quality football" is. 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 16:01

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Tue 13 Aug 14:56

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

More an opinion than abuse I think, he`s merely stating how he feels their ability to manage the team seems to him......

Nothing remotely constructive in the comment. Just pure abuse.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 18:37

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 13 Aug 15:05

Quote:

An asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs - it’s just a really poor metaphor
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 19:05

Quote:

P, Tue 13 Aug 18:37

Quote:

Quote:

Hardly a surprise given who posted it

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 19:20

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ah, cheers, P. It was too obscure for me. 😒

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Wed 14 Aug 02:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 19:27

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It`s also an assumption. 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 20:28

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 13 Aug 16:01

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Since when were opinions on here constructive?? 🤣🤣

I don`t think he`s crap but I think he is unable to work with the tools provided, which to me shows a lack of managerial ability
Hopefully he can learn in time and seeks advice from more experienced heads
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 22:16

I think he’s crap. It’s now all about preserving reputation whilst getting a payoff.

The bloke can’t even get a decent game out of his old mates.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 23:04

Quote:

Berkey, Tue 13 Aug 22:16

I think he’s crap. It’s now all about preserving reputation whilst getting a payoff.

The bloke can’t even get a decent game out of his old mates.

Stunned to hear this

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 00:36

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Tue 13 Aug 20:28

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 13 Aug 16:01

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Since when were opinions on here constructive?? 🤣🤣

I don`t think he`s crap but I think he is unable to work with the tools provided, which to me shows a lack of managerial ability
Hopefully he can learn in time and seeks advice from more experienced heads

Calling the squad, "Tools" is abuse, too. Enough wi` ye 😁

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net