DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rangers fans attack Female SLO
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 10:35

For how long are the SFA going to ignore the basic criminality of some Rangers Fans! Above their singing of sectarian songs we heard throughout the game yesterday, we now hear the female SLO of St Johnstone was assaulted to her injury pre-match when she was attacked and thrown to the ground (hitting her head on the ground) as these “fans” stole the drum she was taking to her own supporters!

I’ve never been a fan of making everyone suffer for the case of a few idiots, but we are hearing stories about their misdeeds almost weekly!

It’s time to start hitting the club who seem to do nothing to stop this with a fan ban!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rangers fans attack Female SLO
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 10:47

Hopefully she`s alright but Rangers need to ban these idiots. It`s embarrassing enough that they celebrated like they`d won the Champions League after a dodgy win against St Johnstone!

They were from the Union Bear "fan group". The same ones who vandalise all of Scotland with graffiti and crap stickers. Their actions aren`t a surprise but are disappointing to see. Every club has its share of idiots but Rangers seem to go the extra mile to attract these scumbags. Two are identifiable on camera so I hope they get charged.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 10:57

It used to be debatable who was the worst supporters in Scotland but since their relegation to the bottom flight and return it is now easily rangers fans. Scotland’s shame.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 11:06

It’s 11:05am the day after and Rangers still haven’t condemned the attack….happily been posting videos of their celebrations and players etc.

It may not be all of their support, but ban them for a game, close the doors to the national stadium and maybe, just maybe their supporters will start rooting out the bad eggs amongst them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 11:07

They weren’t relegated. The new club was allowed entry to tier 4.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 11:07

Hampden was more than half empty-wonder where all their loyal supporters were.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 11:08

It’s not difficult to find those in the “fan group” Go to Ibrox and they have covered their own seats with the same sh*t stickers!

I’m actually raging at this as Bev is one of the nicest people about, she’s always available and is always willing to help you even if SJ are the visiting club! Many SLO’s could take a lesson from her!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 11:13

Both OF sides and fans (ultras)are as bad as each other, was only a few months ago Celtic had to close the section of the ground due to attacks on their own club officials and rushing gates at home and away ends to gain access to stadiums.
I would also say those in glass houses, our fans don’t have the best track record in the last year when it comes to attacking vulnerable people.
Hopefully person charged with the assault is given a proper sentence, rather than usual Scottish slap on wrists, proper sentences would maybe make these idiots think twice

Post Edited (Sun 18 Aug 11:23)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 11:20

Have St Johnstone issued a statement on this ?
It needs to be highlighted and condemned and punishment meted out.

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 11:23

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 18 Aug 11:20

Have St Johnstone issued a statement on this ?
It needs to be highlighted and condemned and punishment meted out.

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 11:26

A 22 year old has now been charged and arrested.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/24525608.man-arrested-alleged-assault-st-johnstone-slo/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 11:35

Good news. Throw the book at him

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 12:08

That is good news! The SFA really need to get tough with the club though -their fans really are a disgrace and since the club are uninterested in sorting it out….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 12:26

If the The Rangers is found guilty, award St Johnstone a 3-0 walkover. That would make the idiots at all clubs who bring the game into disrepute take notice.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 12:35

How would you penalise a club that losses a match where bad fan behaviour has taken place ?

Going by the logic of the above suggestion Falkirk should be awarded a 5-0 win for their recent victory at EEP.

Post Edited (Sun 18 Aug 12:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 14:12

St Johnstone should ban away fans for their next game v Sevco. Might even get some more home fans through the gates. Proviso would be anyone buying home tickets for Rangers fans get banned. Maybe they lose a few quid from the orca but they`d get some amount of goodwill from the 40 decent clubs. Rangers and Celtic have already shown by precedent that away fans can be banned if safety can`t be guaranteed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 15:45

kelty_par wrote:

> St Johnstone should ban away fans for their next game v Sevco.
> Might even get some more home fans through the gates. Proviso
> would be anyone buying home tickets for Rangers fans get
> banned. Maybe they lose a few quid from the orca but they`d get
> some amount of goodwill from the 40 decent clubs. Rangers and
> Celtic have already shown by precedent that away fans can be
> banned if safety can`t be guaranteed.
>
>

We’ve seen the kind of response that these fans give clubs that they somehow see as having wronged them!

Nope this has gone too far and the sectarian songs heard sung loud and proudly every weekend has been happening too long! Clearly the club are refusing to deal with it - it’s time the SFA does their job and hammers them starting with empty stadiums! And what fixture would hurt them most? A home game against Celtic!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 16:08

Quote:

ParfectXI, Sun 18 Aug 15:45

kelty_par wrote:

> St Johnstone should ban away fans for their next game v Sevco.
> Might even get some more home fans through the gates. Proviso
> would be anyone buying home tickets for Rangers fans get
> banned. Maybe they lose a few quid from the orca but they`d get
> some amount of goodwill from the 40 decent clubs. Rangers and
> Celtic have already shown by precedent that away fans can be
> banned if safety can`t be guaranteed.
>

We’ve seen the kind of response that these fans give clubs that they somehow see as having wronged them!

Nope this has gone too far and the sectarian songs heard sung loud and proudly every weekend has been happening too long! Clearly the club are refusing to deal with it - it’s time the SFA does their job and hammers them starting with empty stadiums! And what fixture would hurt them most? A home game against Celtic!

I can`t believe I am reading this clear discrimination against supporters of Rangers FC. The men involved in the alleged incident were concerned about the noise the drum might make so acted quickly to remove it. In doing so they accidentally caused the SLO to loose her footing. No malice was intended at all with their sole goal being to protect the ear drums of fans. The allegations related to singing are also unfounded. What was actually sung was "Supping our teas in our finest duds" which related to them enjoying a delightful cup of tea provided by the catering team whilst wearing their favourite Rangers tops (the orange one that is thst colour to celebrate all thsie Dutch from 20 years ago and nothing to do with some guy called Billy...).

Time and time again I see clear bigotry from Pars fans and it needs admin to act rather than turn a blind eye. Disgusting that people have to aim such abuse at fine examples of football supporters.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 18:40

Penalising The Rangers is the only way there fans would take notice. Fans represent their club through choice and it looks like 2 of them are in court on Monday morning facing assault and robbery charges, if found guilty the Scottish Football authority should look at penalising The Rangers. We all know it will not happen but it would do a lot of good if they did.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 19:08

With it happening outside the ground, I don’t know if the SFA can do anything to punish Rangers? Genuinely something bouncing around my head where there is an obscure law/rule about it… does anyone else know?

The idiots involved certainly deserve charged with whatever it falls under, I’ve not seen what they done to get the drum from her so I don’t know if it’s assault, theft or something else? 🤷🏻‍♂️ that’s for the CPS to decide.

But all that being said… Rangers and Celtic really are as bad as each other. I kind of look at it that 10% of people are just idiots, that would equate to the biggest supports having the biggest number of idiots following them but idiots in every supporters bus. It does seem like they get let off lightly in comparison to every other Scottish club. I don’t know how I would go about it though.

Did Dunfermline have any sort of reprimand after all that last season with the Raith supporters? No just that one incident but including all of the fights that broke out around those games? Did Raith Rovers have any sort of reprimand? I don’t remember seeing anything?

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 20:38

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sun 18 Aug 19:08

With it happening outside the ground, I don’t know if the SFA can do anything to punish Rangers? Genuinely something bouncing around my head where there is an obscure law/rule about it… does anyone else know?

The idiots involved certainly deserve charged with whatever it falls under, I’ve not seen what they done to get the drum from her so I don’t know if it’s assault, theft or something else? 🤷🏻‍♂️ that’s for the CPS to decide.

But all that being said… Rangers and Celtic really are as bad as each other. I kind of look at it that 10% of people are just idiots, that would equate to the biggest supports having the biggest number of idiots following them but idiots in every supporters bus. It does seem like they get let off lightly in comparison to every other Scottish club. I don’t know how I would go about it though.

Did Dunfermline have any sort of reprimand after all that last season with the Raith supporters? No just that one incident but including all of the fights that broke out around those games? Did Raith Rovers have any sort of reprimand? I don’t remember seeing anything?

If the police can call off a fixture for the weather outside of the ground, I reckon a club should be punished for their fans behaviour in the same instance.

Pars closed sections of the ground in past for incidents and have banned fans from the ground for the Rovers incident last year.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 20:56

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sun 18 Aug 20:38

Quote:

If the police can call off a fixture for the weather outside of the ground, I reckon a club should be punished for their fans behaviour in the same instance.

Pars closed sections of the ground in past for incidents and have banned fans from the ground for the Rovers incident last year.

Pars closed section NW after they continually threw stuff on the pitch then banned those kids after that deaf kid got beat up. That’s all irrelevant though.

folk are saying that the football club should be reprimanded for the actions of fans outside of the ground and apart from getting fined for section north west throwing stuff onto the pitch, did the club get reprimanded for the fighting in the street outside of both EEP and Starks Park? Should they have been reprimanded for the fights outside?

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 21:35

Assuming the report is accurate, the SLO involved is Beverly Mayer, who is also the Disability Access Officer for St Johnstone.

Beverly is a lovely person, and for several years she has gone above and beyond the call of duty to advance the interests of Saints fans and others with disabilities. She has been involved in a lot of disability initiatives at McDiarmid Park, including Saints` participation (like that of DAFC) in the annual CAFE Week of Action.

I really hope she is not too badly hurt, and that she`ll be back at work soon without any lasting after-effects.

As for the person who attacked her ...

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[

Post Edited (Sun 18 Aug 21:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 21:47

Quote:

Stanza, Sun 18 Aug 21:35

Assuming the report is accurate, the SLO involved is Beverly Mayer, who is also the Disability Access Officer for St Johnstone.

Beverly is a lovely person, and for several years she has gone above and beyond the call of duty to advance the interests of Saints fans and others with disabilities. She has been involved in a lot of disability initiatives at McDiarmid Park, including Saints` participation (like that of DAFC) in the annual CAFE Week of Action.

I really hope she is not too badly hurt, and that she`ll be back at work soon without any lasting after-effects.

Stanza, it’s a disgrace that she’s had to go through that! I hope she’s okay and hasn’t been injured.

Yeah, the person/people involved deserve punishment from the police, I hope they’re all caught swiftly and if Rangers have a backbone, they’ll ban them from Ibrox and Hampden as well.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 23:04

Quote:

Stanza, Sun 18 Aug 21:35

Her son posted on Twitter saying she was fine, a bit sore and shaken but would be ok after a few days rest 👍🏻
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 07:51

Not the first time a drum taken forcibly from opposing fans if I recall correctly🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 08:54

Exactly what I was thinking ParsDaft. I know we had an incident a few seasons back so perhaps a wee daft trend is developing.

If so, this needs squashed and pronto.

Rangers really do need to step-up and make a bold statement or Scotland will continue associating their club with an element of criminality

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 09:25

Quote:

For clarity, the CPS has no role in Scotland.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 09:27

Quote:

dafc, Sun 18 Aug 11:13

Both OF sides and fans (ultras)are as bad as each other, was only a few months ago Celtic had to close the section of the ground due to attacks on their own club officials and rushing gates at home and away ends to gain access to stadiums.
I would also say those in glass houses, our fans don’t have the best track record in the last year when it comes to attacking vulnerable people.
Hopefully person charged with the assault is given a proper sentence, rather than usual Scottish slap on wrists, proper sentences would maybe make these idiots think twice

A classic example of whataboutery, right there.

The Rangers fans who did this probably thought it was a good laugh. They are morons. The Celtic fans you allude to are also morons. The idiotic actions of fans of one club do not excuse or justify the idiotic actions of those of another.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 09:38

What does sum them up is the fact there is still zero comment from them regarding this……
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 09:54

They won`t do it, as they need the King`s shilling, but imagine if every club in the top flight banned them from coming? Would send a message that the club couldn`t ignore. BTW, absolutely outrageous that they haven`t put anything out condemning the attack.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 10:54

I suspect Rangers are not saying anything on record until the court case is concluded - on advice of their lawyers.

The appropriate action from the football authorities, binding on all clubs, would be to ban the perpetrators sin die - but that also needs the court case to end.

No need to name and shame - the popular media will see to that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 11:06

Whilst this is utterly despicable behaviour and the guy is clearly a Rangers fan I`m not sure what the club can do about this to stop it happening at the next game? The guy obviously has a screw loose, so ban him for life fair enough. Trouble is there are 1000s more just like him waiting to take his space.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 12:55

"I suspect Rangers are not saying anything on record until the court case is concluded - on advice of their lawyers."

St Johnstone put out a statement which mentioned there was a police investigation. Rangers could have easily done similar:

"Rangers are aware of an incident outside Hampden on Saturday. We are liaising with Police Scotland and will make a further statement once their investigation is complete. Meanwhile we encourage any supporters who have information to contact the police, and wish to ensure supporters of all clubs that we take such matters seriously".

Done. But no.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 13:28

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 19 Aug 09:25

Quote:

For clarity, the CPS has no role in Scotland.

COPFS then…

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 13:43

within 24 hours of Celtic saying Rangers fans not welcome at Celtic park as Rangers have done nothing to ensure the saftey of Celtic fans visiting Ibrox. Same club thats solution to Chris Sutton having an opinion was to ban him from ibrox again unable to guarentee his saftey.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 14:04

"For clarity, the CPS has no role in Scotland.

COPFS then…

COYP"

Too many abbreviations for a simple minded man like me !!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 17:39

Rangers have now publicly banned four of their fans:-

Quote:-

Rangers said that they have issued “indefinite bans” to four individuals in connection and confirmed they “condemn all incidents like this” as enquiries continue.

A Rangers spokesperson said: “Rangers can confirm it has issued indefinite bans to four individuals as enquiries continue following the incident outside Hampden Park on Saturday.

“Rangers has reached out to the St Johnstone employee to check on their wellbeing and to apologise on behalf of the club.

“We abhor and condemn all incidents like this in the strongest terms and continue to support Police Scotland with their ongoing investigation.”

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 19:18

Fair play to them. That whole group seem to be intent on causing bother.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 21:08

I wouldn`t give them too much credit. The initial source of the information was Sky Sports, Rangers themselves hadn`t released a statement on their website or socials. Maybe they have now but that tells a story itself.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net