DAFC.net
Home 18 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dapo Mebude
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 02:13

Noticed this article on BBC Sport Scotland gossip-

Former Rangers and Watford striker Dapo Mebude is training with Dunfermline Athletic as the 23-year-old looks for a new club after leaving Oostende months after suffering life-threatening injuries in a freak car crash and having trials with Livingston and Raith Rovers. (The Courier)

Meanwhile, 32-year-old former Motherwell midfielder Craig Clay is also on trial after exiting Sutton United. (The Courier)

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dapo Mebude
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 06:58

Quote:

tappies par, Fri 13 Sep 02:13

Noticed this article on BBC Sport Scotland gossip-

Former Rangers and Watford striker Dapo Mebude is training with Dunfermline Athletic as the 23-year-old looks for a new club after leaving Oostende months after suffering life-threatening injuries in a freak car crash and having trials with Livingston and Raith Rovers. (The Courier)

Meanwhile, 32-year-old former Motherwell midfielder Craig Clay is also on trial after exiting Sutton United. (The Courier)

He was a stand-out when I watched him in under 21s more often than not.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 07:58

Meant to be a right good player in there , for what ever reason it`s not worked out for him. I remember reading about his crash and it sounded horrrific, hopefully he can get his career back on track

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 08:03

How tall is he? I saw one report describing him as `diminutive` yet Wikipedia had his height as 6` 2`` and another source as 5` 10``!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 08:31

His goalscoring record would mean he would fit in well alongside our current strike force.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 08:40

Has he been in trials with Raith and Livi recently ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Fri 13 Sep 08:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 09:07

Topic Originator: wee eck like
Date: Fri 13 Sep 08:03

How tall is he? I saw one report describing him as `diminutive` yet Wikipedia had his height as 6` 2`` and another source as 5` 10

I noticed that as well. One site says he is 1.89m and another 1.74m…… that a 6 inch difference ! I am sure I read somewhere he described himself as similar in style to Rahim Sterling which makes me think he is closer to 1.74m

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 09:13

How tall is he? I saw one report describing him as `diminutive` yet Wikipedia had his height as 6` 2`` and another source as 5` 10``!

The word as other meanings not just stature of a person.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 09:49

Seems like a good option to take a look at.

Moneyball (best sports book ever - especially for teams with low budgets) really advocates taking talented players who are `flawed` in some way and trying fix the flaw by moving position etc.

Mebude fits the bill - someone who seems to be hugely talented but needs rehabiliation...exactly the type of player we should be exploring signing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 13:24

Would imagine that our youth/reserve coach would be pretty genned up about him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 14:53

"Moneyball (best sports book ever - especially for teams with low budgets) really advocates taking talented players who are `flawed` in some way and trying fix the flaw by moving position etc."

A true story from Major League Baseball - not sure if would translate over to football though, or any other sport ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 15:46

I think some of the principles do read across well, yeah. VEE.

Give it a read. You won`t regret it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 17:07

Brentford and Brighton are 2 great examples of using the moneyball principles in football - they both buy and sell on data and stats and have uncovered some real gems and sold on for huge profits.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 12:48

"One site says he is 1.89m and another 1.74m"

hes definitely closer to the latter.

if he signs, i wouldnt be surprised if Sutherland goes out on loan

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 22:56

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 13 Sep 14:53

"Moneyball (best sports book ever - especially for teams with low budgets) really advocates taking talented players who are `flawed` in some way and trying fix the flaw by moving position etc."

A true story from Major League Baseball - not sure if would translate over to football though, or any other sport ?

Cracking film btw. Brad Pitt and that chubby guy from Wolf of Wall Street and War Dogs…

COYP
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net