DAFC.net
Home 25 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Williamson sacking
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Thu 2 May 11:30

Something about this smells very fishy to me.

He appears to be genuinely adamant he was not responsible for the leak (even taking the bizarre - and immature - step of swearing on his kids lives to that effect) but still he's been sacked.

Suspect it's more to do with him being a Brexiteer with his eyes on the top job. This is backed up by the net change in the cabinet being the promotion of Remainer and May Brown-noser Rory Stewart.

May is clearly getting increasingly paranoid and desperate to get her Brexit stitch-up "deal" through before her party is obliterated by Nigel Farage on the 23rd.

I don't think I've ever wanted rid of a "leader" more than I have this woman.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Williamson sacking
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Thu 2 May 12:30

Never thought highly of Williamson but then my opinion of May isn’t good either.

Given the disparity between their respective positions then I think the Met should be called in to put some objectivity into the situation and see if a Criminal Offence has been committed or not.

I don’t trust the Cabinet Secretary Sedwill.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Thu 2 May 13:18

Reading May’s letter to him she infers he was not cooperative with the investigation, obstructive perhaps.

Heard something on the car radio that his phone is the only one been linked with the Telegraph Journo, which is not absolute proof, but highly suspicious if true.

Prime Ministers can sack who they want of course. No reason required, although they can waffle one up - lost confidence in them sort of thing.

Putin will not be happy to to see such a plonker out of the Defence post though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 2 May 13:55

So the guy that called Corbyn a security risk gets sacked for being a security risk?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 2 May 14:02

If I had passed restricted information to the press during my time in the RAF I would have been looking at prison time.
Same rules apply to these scumbags in power yet they never get done.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 2 May 18:37

Something does not sit well with me on this
It is unusual for the Tory government to react so quickly Was it to prevent a full police investigation ?........ I think so
Also an Ideal opportunity to get rid of a potential leadership candidate
Apparently he has told Sky News that if there was a police invertigation Mrs. May would have to offer him an apology or words to that effect
I would love a police inquiry into this to see which one of May's top guys actually leaked the info ......... Custodial sentence perhaps
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 2 May 19:00

Despite getting the sack he's getting a £17k pay-off. He comes across as a 14 year-old in a man's body - a bit like Jeremy Clarkson.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Fri 3 May 13:58

Stewart is another Old Etonian

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net