DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Trump and Turkey
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 12 Oct 10:22

The old cynic in me thinks Erdogan asked Trump to move his troops out of Syria so he could bomb the Kurds to kingdom come. Well, they weren't in Normandy helping the Allies in WW2, I suppose. What a fekkin bizarre statement.

I can't watch the news footage. So many innocent people caught in the cross fire.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sat 12 Oct 13:26)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Trump and Turkey
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 12 Oct 10:46

The disregard for human life shown in their actions by some politicians is sickening.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 12 Oct 13:00

The whole American thing stinks GG I can't believe those poor people are having to go through all this again
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 12 Oct 13:26

Honestly surprised there hasn't been an attempt on trumps life yet. The man's a genuine world security risk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sat 12 Oct 16:40

Trump operates by garnering fear rather than trust so he doesn't care if he later needs to betrays his collaborators when it pleases Russia.

The Kurds aren't even asking the Turks for independence by the way - all they want is some autonomy and to be treated fairly.

The Kurds are yet another people whose fate was set by colonial powers setting borders with no regard for culture with the result that there are cultures all over the world who were, often deliberately, split between two or more colonial territories, with often disastrous results.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 14 Oct 09:29

The Kurds in Syria say the Syrian government has agreed to send its army to the northern border to try to halt Turkey's offensive against them.

This can only get worse
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 14 Oct 10:55

Even the politicians that are Trump allies and don't normally criticise him are criticising this decision. Terrible move.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Thu 17 Oct 18:11

Now he's throwing mud at the Kurds.

It strikes me as odd that this man will happily work with people (whether as colleagues or allies) for years and will praise them to high heaven but the instant they stop working together he will quite happily call them all sorts.

So he is basically telling the world that he will work with, and praise, people he sees as criminals and terrorists so long as it is in his interests to do so.

The man's a disgusting toad.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Thu 17 Oct 22:13

Please now Wotsit toads are quite nice creatures unlike that slug.I don't like slugs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 18 Oct 22:08

Wotsit nails it. The U.S action in this region will certainly please Russia. In hundredweight and penny penny pound every debt had to be repaid. Especially before next years presidential election.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Sat 19 Oct 16:07

In honesty, I've never understood how the Kurds have yet to be granted their own country. I know the referendum they had a few years ago was basically ignored because it was felt that it would de-stabilise Iraq. To be the largest ethnic group in the world without your own state though is quite something! There are a good few Kurds here in Sweden and they're actually generally very very nice people (much like the Iranians), unlike a number of the Arabs I've encountered.

Turkey is quickly becoming a basket case though and oddly I actually agree 100% with Boris Johnson when he called Erdogan a w*nker. He, Bin Salman and Kohemeni are the biggest threats to peace and I really wish the West would actually grow a pair and show some integrity with these Islamic extremist leaders.

One thing about Putin though is that he knows how to deal with the Arabs - to them many of the Western leaders are weak and always trying to appease them whereas they wouldn't dare try any of their sh*t with Putin.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net