DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Question time tonight
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 22 Nov 18:32

BBC political correspondent Iain Watson is in Sheffield for tonight's programme and says audiences will be looking out for three key things during the leaders special.

"Viewers will be looking at how the party leaders perform when they are asked direct questions from an audience rather than a head-to-head like we've already seen," he says.

He would also like to point out under the recently revised media cheating rules that most of the questions directed at Corbyn will be from Tory plants who have been schooled and rehearsed back stage before the programme goes live

The BBC would like to apologise in advance for this skullduggery and stated that Dominics boy needs all the help he can get
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Question time tonight
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 22 Nov 18:43

I wonder if Sue from Leeds will get a question? ;)

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Nov 19:18

lol ^^^^^
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 22 Nov 21:18

I thought the audience did a better job than most professional media folk of exposing Johnson's bluster and obfuscation. Heaven help us if he's the next PM. Nicola Sturgeon was the most impressive performer by far.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Nov 21:22

I thought that Sturgeon and Corbyn did well.

They were both calm and grown up.

I thought that the Brexit thing could have gone awry for Corbyn after the sniggers but I felt that he responded well. I'm definitely biased though!

EDIT: I was dismayed that both of the architects of austerity were so keen to back away from their actions without showing any remorse for the victims. As if they can just wander off whistling with their hands behind their backs as if nothing happened.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"

Post Edited (Fri 22 Nov 21:26)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Nov 22:14

Quote :-
Topic Originator: Wotsit
Date: Fri 22 Nov 21:22

I thought that Sturgeon and Corbyn did well.

They were both calm and grown up.

I thought that the Brexit thing could have gone awry for Corbyn after the sniggers but I felt that he responded well. I'm definitely biased though!

EDIT: I was dismayed that both of the architects of austerity were so keen to back away from their actions without showing any remorse for the victims. As if they can just wander off whistling with their hands behind their backs as if nothing happened.

Good to hear that Wotsit and I hope the general public realise what is actually going on

I was not aloud to watch it as Marydoll pointed out we are pensioners and we canny afford another foot through the 4th telly this year :-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 22 Nov 23:56

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 22 Nov 21:18

I thought the audience did a better job than most professional media folk of exposing Johnson's bluster and obfuscation. Heaven help us if he's the next PM. Nicola Sturgeon was the most impressive performer by far.

In fairness to Fiona Bruce she point blank stopped Johnson a few times when he went Jackanory.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 00:37

I was losing the will to live after Jo Swinson. What a dreadful performance!

Boris was all that I expected. Just bumbling his way as he went but it doesn't seem to matter to people who just want Brexit done

Corbyn did well and stuck with his script and came over with credibility until pressed on his indyref stance.

Sturgeon did very well. She seemed assured and had answers to questions asked and goes to show, unlike Swinson, it is better to be consistent over policies whether popular or not to argue your case.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 09:38

Frightening thing is, Boris was caught wearing an ear piece, so even with coaching straight into his ear he's a car crash.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 10:02

Newsnight unable to get any conservatives to appear on the show afterwards.
Boris is doing a grand job of mucking it up. Could it be even worse than the May campaign?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 10:47

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-question-time-audience-boos-20939778

I don't understand that Mirror article. I thought the audience was supposed to be full of Tory plants?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 10:55

Turns out even their plants forgot what the policy was today.

The problem for Johnson was that it was a fairly mixed crowd, so he couldn't use his usual trick of speaking to the crowd and promising them whatever he thinks they want, so he had to speak in bland, rehersed and ultimately meaningless soundbites that were reminiscent of New Labour at its most manipulative.

Hopefully folk will pick up on that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 10:58

It usually is a fairly mixed crowd on Question Time. Despite the narrative put out by both sides that the Beeb is biased against them I feel they always do their best to be balanced.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 11:05

Except when they had the unionist plant in the audience. The guy who had been there various times before despite the audience being vetted. The same guy who was then on another BBC programme later on...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 11:14

How many people were in the audience?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 11:18

100? Point is that there are, say, 3m adults in Scotland. Somehow the same guy got in multiple times, had a chance to speak to the panel beforehand and got the opportunity to ask a question. What are the chances?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 11:31

Quote:

jake89, Sat 23 Nov 11:18

100? Point is that there are, say, 3m adults in Scotland. Somehow the same guy got in multiple times, had a chance to speak to the panel beforehand and got the opportunity to ask a question. What are the chances?

There for balance and he's the only one they can find?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 11:34

In regards to orange jacket man who appeared at least five times in audiences for QT and leaders debates and got to ask questions in each of them, he admitted himself that he didn't even have to apply later on as they called him to appear.
It must be added that the BBC don't actually produce Question Time but a company hired by them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 11:53

Sorry, a quick question for wotsit, unconnected to any of this. Are your initials EA and are you on TV just now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 14:22

Quote:

parsfan, Sat 23 Nov 11:53

Sorry, a quick question for wotsit, unconnected to any of this. Are your initials EA and are you on TV just now?

I wish. I was being shouted at by a drunk homeless guy when you wrote that :D

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 15:38

Watching the Tories get torn to shreds in every interview is immensely pleasing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 16:34

They really don't do well under scrutiny, do they?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 16:58

You'd have to be a total twitter troll to even contemplate voting for them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 17:59

Parsfan, why did you think Wotsit was Emmanuel Adebayor?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 18:19

Cheers TOWK, that's waaay more flattering I was thinking - I was trying to think of a shrill soap opera wifie with those initials :D

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 18:20

Sturgeon performed very well. I am told the lib dems are suing the BBC for allowing Jo Swinson to be part of the debate. Corby, reasonable but screws it with his EU position, as to Boris - please.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 19:47

I think the pleasing aspect from question time last night is that the cross section of the audience and the viewers all recognised Boris for what he really is ....a bumbling misanthrope.... who will say anything... do anything.... lie to all and sundry.... Aye even Lizzie.... dress up to suit the occasion for the official Party photo shoot to try and win support I think calling him a Clown would be an insult to Clowns

Now if Rasta is correct and Boris was wearing an earpiece ...that speaks volumes not only about the man but also about the dirty tricks Tory Party .
Where is Jacob the lounge lizard ? where is the Gove puppet ? (in the bar) where is Priti where is Sajid ....... vermin the lot of them
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 20:51

Quote:

parsfan, Sat 23 Nov 11:31

Quote:

jake89, Sat 23 Nov 11:18

There for balance and he's the only one they can find?

And don't forget the English nurse who failed to to get her question on the first programme.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 22:04

Apparently the BBC lunchtime news edited out the laughter today when they showed footage of the PM being asked about truth on Question Time.

That seems like an odd thing for a neutral organisation to do.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsbilly  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 17:00

Pacifist, as a SNP councillor in Fife you thought Sturgeon performed very well? This comes as a big surprise.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 17:27

Tbf most people thought Sturgeon performed very well regardless of politics.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 17:45

A woman from Norwich, interviewed after the programme, said she wished she could vote for Nicola Sturgeon.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 18:03

I thought she performed well too.

I won't be voting SNP (obviously!) but she is most definitely the most skilled performer of the four.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 18:28

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 19:49

At least she can answer questions without trying to dodge them
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 12:36

Not a fan of the SNP (or any particular party) but Sturgeon was hands down the most honest. How people can vote for a buffoon like Johnson is beyond me. He's so out of his depth it's unbelievable.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 12:56

He is not just out of his depth Jake he is a bare faced liar.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 14:56

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 14:59

I honestly think the general public see Boris for what he really is and hopefully that will be reflected on the 12th
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 16:44

Quote:

desparado, Mon 25 Nov 12:56

He is not just out of his depth Jake he is a bare faced liar.

We're going to have to get admin to investigate this, desparado. We've actually agreed on something! 😮😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 16:58

A woman on the BBC News last night said, " It's Boris all the way for me. I know he's not very trustworthy, but I like him...."

And CDF said I was patronising by suggesting some voters are gullible. I could have said a lot worse.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 17:01

He turned me into a newt.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 17:20

The BBC has said editing footage of Prime Minister Boris Johnson for a news bulletin was "a mistake on our part".

The Prime Minister appeared on Question Time: Leaders Special on BBC One on Friday evening.

The audience laughed when he was asked a question about how important it is for people in power to tell the truth.

But the laughter and subsequent applause was absent from a cut-down version of the exchange on a lunchtime news bulletin the following day.

"This clip from the BBC's Question Time special, which was played out in full on the News at Ten on Friday evening and on other outlets, was shortened for timing reasons on Saturday's lunchtime bulletin, to edit out a repetitious phrase from Boris Johnson," the BBC said in a statement.

"However, in doing so we also edited out laughter from the audience. Although there was absolutely no intention to mislead, we accept this was a mistake on our part, as it didn't reflect the full reaction to Boris Johnson's answer.

"We did not alter the soundtrack or image in any way apart from this edit, contrary to some claims on social media."

The BBC's statement follows an error on BBC Breakfast last month when out-of-date footage of Mr Johnson laying a wreath was broadcast due to "a production mistake".

The BBC seem to be making a habit of editing stuff to Johnson's benefit.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 18:02

Quote:

Wotsit, Mon 25 Nov 17:01

But you got better?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 18:05

Quote:

londonparsfan, Mon 25 Nov 18:02

Quote:

Wotsit, Mon 25 Nov 17:01

But you got better?

Thanks for noticing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 18:26

I'm starting to think that strange women lying in ponds distributing swords might be a credible basis for a system of government after watching the current shambles 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 21:24

I fart in their general direction.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 02:33

Their mother was a hamster and their father smelled of elderberries.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 06:33

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 25 Nov 16:58

A woman on the BBC News last night said, " It's Boris all the way for me. I know he's not very trustworthy, but I like him...."

And CDF said I was patronising by suggesting some voters are gullible. I could have said a lot worse.....

Thick, gullible and Tory scum....

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net