DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Gaffometer week2
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 22:59

I’ll open a weekly gaffometer thread since the original one seemed to veer off track a bit. Maybe I should have been more precise about what I meant as a gaffe: in football terms a short pass-back which is intercepted, maybe the ball slipping through the keeper’s legs Ray Clemence style or, horror of horrors, an own goal. I’m thinking in popular terms of something that the wider general public, many who don’t really follow politics closely, will see as a blunder.
Week 1 was pretty bad for the Tories.

10/10
Johnson on Northern Ireland customs arrangements since the whole point of him calling the election is to convince the voters he has a good deal. He managed to suggest that Remain was a rather good option and that we should not be too bothered about controlling our borders anyway. Apart from that vote Brexit please.

9/10
Rees- Mogg’s pitiless comments about Grenfell Tower which indicated he, and presumably his party, are too sensible to be killed in a fire unlike the poor wretches who were.

7/10
Resignation of Alun Cairns, Conservative Welsh secretary. Not such a big deal- politician caught lying is hardly a news story- except it was entangled with a rape case which a political affiliate deliberately sabotaged while giving evidence, in the opinion of the judge. The accused was subsequently convicted at a retrial to make matters worse. Not a good way to win over the female Welsh vote.

I’m sure that Labour, the Lib Dems and the SNP have a few gaffes in the pipeline but so far the Tories have stolen the show. I suspect the opinion polls will reflect this in the days to come.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Gaffometer week2
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 9 Nov 19:37

On one occasion, a Conservative councillor responded to a tweet in March, writing: "Islam and slavery are partners in crime."
In June, during a BBC debate as part of the Tory leadership contest, candidate Sajid Javid, now the chancellor, asked other candidates to agree to open up the Conservatives to an external investigation into Islamophobia within its ranks.
Mr Johnson nodded in response.

On Tuesday, cabinet minister Michael Gove told the Today programme the party would "absolutely" hold an independent inquiry into Islamophobia before the end of the year.
But in an interview with BBC Radio Nottingham on Friday, the prime minister said the party would investigate "prejudice of all kinds".
Baroness Warsi tweeted: "Today #BorisJohnson has confirmed that there will NOT be an inquiry into #Islamophobia. Yes disappointing. Yes predictable."

Is this the Tory anti-Semitism equivalent and if so why no BBC lies ? 8/10
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 9 Nov 20:17

Could you state where you copy and pasted that from please so I can read the whole article.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Nov 20:28

There ye go towk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50358879
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Nov 21:48

Thanks. I don't quite get if it's a BBC report why you insinuate that the BBC aren't reporting on it? In the articles they also link to another story back in September when 20 members were either suspended or expelled.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sun 10 Nov 05:07

Is 20 "a good number" TOWK?

Would you say that the British public is being kept aware of the Conservative Party's alleged issues around Islamophobia in its membership in the same way that they are being kept aware of similar allegations surrounding anti-Semitism within the Labour Party membership?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Nov 09:17

Yeah I'd say 20 is a good number because I reckon if 20 have been suspended then that's just an outlier for a much bigger problem. Now do the Tories have as big a problem with Islamophobia as Labour do with anti semitism? No not yet because Conservative elected officials haven't yet felt it nesscerary to quit the party because they feel that hq isn't taking appropriate action against the bigots. When things like that happen it gains even more traction in the media. Just having Baroness Warsi saying that the party isn't doing enough made the headlines. That's why the Labour anti semitism row has lingered. Jewish members of the Labour have been repeatedly and for a while now speaking out about it.
Google 'Conservative islamophobia' and you will find a whole trove of articles from all different kinds of news sources detailing the problems the Conservatives have with Islamophobia. For secretly controlling the media they sure don't do a good job of it.

Post Edited (Sun 10 Nov 09:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Nov 09:49

More Fake Tory Guff

A spending row has broken out after the Conservative Party published what it claims would be the cost of a Labour government over five years.
The report, compiled by the party and not the Treasury, is based on a number of commitments from Labour's annual party conference but not its manifesto.

Chancellor Sajid Javid said Labour's proposals would leave the UK "on the brink of bankruptcy".
But shadow chancellor John McDonnell condemned the report as "fake news".
The Conservatives claim that Labour's policies would cost £1.2tn over the course of the next five years, if the party wins next month's general election.

But the Labour Party has yet to publish its 2019 election manifesto, detailing its policies and spending proposals.

Senior Labour figures will meet next weekend to decide which policies passed by the party's annual conference will become manifesto proposals for government, with some unlikely to be confirmed.
Labour's shadow defence secretary Nia Griffith told Sky News the party would publish costings alongside the manifesto.

Mr McDonnell branded the Conservative report a "ludicrous piece of Tory fake news" and an "incompetent mish-mash of debunked estimates and bad maths, cooked up because they know Labour's plans for real change are popular".
He added: "The Conservatives will be able to read all about these plans - and how much they actually cost - when we publish our fully-costed manifesto."

This document is political rather than financial. The Conservatives' aim is to frame Labour's plans not as ambitious, but as unaffordable.

But the dossier assumes that all Labour's policies are firm commitments, and it does not examine Labour's revenue raising measures.

John McDonnell has made no secret that Labour intends to borrow more than the Tories to invest - his political argument is that this would both grow the economy more rapidly and increase the state's assets - not just its liabilities.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 11 Nov 21:43

I’m not sure if Farage standing down his ‘troops’ is a gaffe, but although it may in theory slightly help the Tories’ electoral arithmetic it will make campaigning more troublesome. There were 48% of the electorate, at the last count, who wanted to remain. That number may now be higher with the entry of younger people onto the electoral register. You would never know this by reading the tabloid press who regularly claim that all patriots (and that includes ‘life-long Labour voters’ who allegedly hate Corbyn) just ‘want it done.’ It is suggested that 80% of the UK want Brexit delivered and are being frustrated by the BBC, the EU, Gary Lineker and the UK parliament amongst others. Obviously this is sheer rubbish.

As a Tory activist how do you sell One Nation conservatism on the doorstep when Farage is leering over your shoulder in his raincoat? You are fighting on a 100% Brexit or bust policy- Farage standing down his candidates makes this very clear- with an electorate who are split around 50/50. If you are a Labour Remainer, a Tory Remainer, A nostalgic Blairite Labourite or a Lib Dem ‘Bollox to Brexit’ sympathiser you are hardly going to vote Tory. Farage standing down is not to help the Tories win mythical extra seats; it is to help them hold the ones they already have, which may in the end not be enough.

In chasing ‘Workington Man’, an overweight, bigoted caricature of a traditional Labour supporter, I think the Tories have taken their eye off the youth vote.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 15:38

When visiting flood stricken Matlock today Boris Johnson expressed his exasperation with locals who were not following the good advice being given by the emergency services. Some locals were defying advice to leave their homes and staying put.

Jacob Rees-Mogg was not available for comment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 16:39

Nice one Sammer!👍🚒🚒🚒
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 18:37

LOL .......sammer
They will be sitting wondering which room to re- carpet with their £500 if they qualify :-(

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were

Post Edited (Wed 13 Nov 18:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 22:00

Tory twitter account have changed their name to FactcheckUK and are now posting some pretty crazy stuff. Surely this is against some form of electoral rule
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 19:16

They are laughing at us Andrew283 they think they are above the law they do not give a rats erse for anybody except themselves ........ was going to say vermin but would probably be a compliment
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 19:23

Anyhoo back on sammers gaffometer track

Boris proudly announced the Tory's would raise the NI threshold to £12,500 which would put an extra £500 in our pocket

Ah but wait ......it would only be raised to £9.500 at the next budget with no time scale to add the extra £3.000 and oops it will add not £500 ........but £100

Ah but wait .....the £100 is still higher than the estimate of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, who said the threshold would save workers about £85 per year

Boom Boom 10/10 again

Post Edited (Wed 20 Nov 19:25)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 12:48

Dominic Raabs turn

The parents of Harry Dunn have said they are "disgusted" with Dominic Raab after he defended the government's decision to seek legal costs from them.

The 19-year-old died after a collision in Northamptonshire in August that led to the suspect leaving the UK claiming diplomatic immunity.
His parents have begun legal action against the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO).

Mr Raab said the government needed to "protect taxpayers' money".
Mr Dunn's mother Charlotte Charles told Victoria Derbyshire the foreign secretary's comments were "just completely disgusting" and she also said they had been "misled" by him.

"A month ago he said in parliament there were no obstacles to justice, but yesterday he said he was still working to clear obstacles."
"I'm just really angry with that," she said. 7/10
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 17:27

And now Home Secretary Priti Patel is saying that poverty is not the government's responsibility.

Hint: it is.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 18:22

Yes, Patel is a gaffe waiting to happen and I would expect more of the same as the campaign continues. As an experienced politician she should have found a better way to spread the blame for poverty, a platitude such as ‘We all have a part to play in tackling the problem.’ Instead, she seemed to suggest the blame lay at local government level. The evidence of her political career to date is that she is clumsy and not particularly bright. I would say about 6/10 on the gaffometer and if she ends up as Home Secretary after the upcoming election expect a prison escape/riot which will see her sacked.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 18:35

Not exactly a gaffe, but do you remember when the Tories blocked the release of a report into Russian election interference?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 18:58

''Chernukhin previously paid £160,000 for a tennis match with Johnson and £135,000 for a night out with former Prime Minister Theresa May.''

Theresa obviously has hidden talents!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 18:58

Quote :-
Topic Originator: sammer
Date: Thu 21 Nov 18:22

Yes, Patel is a gaffe waiting to happen and I would expect more of the same as the campaign continues. As an experienced politician she should have found a better way to spread the blame for poverty, a platitude such as ‘We all have a part to play in tackling the problem.’ Instead, she seemed to suggest the blame lay at local government level. The evidence of her political career to date is that she is clumsy and not particularly bright. I would say about 6/10 on the gaffometer and if she ends up as Home Secretary after the upcoming election expect a prison escape/riot which will see her sacked.

Watch the replay of Boris at the end of the party conference he by passes javid with a mis-timed high 5 because he only had eyes for priti and they both embraced Priti is also a co-author of Britannia Unchained and better looking than Jeniffer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 19:02

Is that the Britannia Unchained which suggested that the UK follow the Chinese employment law model?

Or the Britannia Unchained which called us all "idlers"?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 19:06

Thats the very one Wotsit we are idle hoors
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 19:33

I certainly don't feel idle now that the government's austerity programme has kindly presented me with an increasingly growing client base.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 19:48

Wotsit if they get back in you will be working round the clock
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 19:53

And paid less.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 20:11

Wash yer mouth out Wotsit ....Boris is giving you £500 extra er no sorry £100 er no sorry nearly £85 extra :-)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 20:47

Aye but he's unlikely to make any money available for the services who pay me. My clients don't vote so they get no fruit from the Magic Money Tree.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 20:54

Don't vote by choice or restriction ? Wotsit
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 20:59

Slight memory gaff pointed out.I'd give it a 10.

https://munguin.wordpress.com/

Post Edited (Thu 21 Nov 21:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 21:34

Don't vote by choice or restriction ? Wotsit

A bit of both - it's difficult to have any respect for politics when society has failed you to the extent that you have literally nothing.

But mainly it's because folk just have other priorities - like basic survival.

If you think of it in terms of Maslow's pyramid of needs, my clients are on the bottom two rungs, whilst you really need to be a bit further up to devote attention to such esoteric and long term needs as political participation.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 18:44

10 For sure donj
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 18:52

gaff of the week has to be the Tory Manifesto

50,000 MORE Nurses ........er no 18,500 already ARE Nurses

£750 savings per home in fuel bills after a nationwide improvement on insulation.....er no the experts say perhaps £50

£500 per person due to increase in NI Threshold .....er no it is less than £85

10/10

Now is Boris the liar King deliberately lying again or is he just bumbling his way through an ill prepared script
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 19:09

What about the carefully costed Labour manifesto which made no mention of the 58 billion to pay off the waspi women. Now I'm making no judgement on the validity or not of their case but I would have thought that such an outlay would have merited a line or two in that manifesto. Either it was just an oversight or it is policy made up on the hoof to placate someone asking an awkward question.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 19:21

Towk you are making no judgement on the Validity ? or NOT ? of their case
How magnanimous of you
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 19:26

It may well be that any party that comes into power will have to find the "stolen " money that these ladies and employers paid out.
In light of the appeal court case coming up, Labour may have been tipped off about the suspected outcome.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 19:38

The WASPI money is just due - it's not a party political matter.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 19:48

Topic Originator: Wotsit
Date: Mon 25 Nov 19:38

The WASPI money is just due - it's not a party political matter.

Spot on Wotsit..... thank you
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 16:48

Bumbling Boris again

Boris Johnson said earlier that Nicola Sturgeon told the BBC’s Andrew Neil last night she wanted Scotland to join the euro.

Commenting on the SNP’s referendum plans, Mr Johnson said: “With their crazy policies, I think confirmed last night as I understood it to Andrew Neil - did I get that right? - confirmed to rejoin the EU, to join the euro.”

While the first minister did confirm that she wanted an independent Scotland to rejoin the EU (should Brexit happen), she did not say she wanted Scotland to join the euro.

In fact, Ms Sturgeon said she wanted to keep the pound until a time when Scotland could introduce its own currency. Her exact words were: “Firstly the pound is Scotland’s currency right now.

6/10
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 17:02

It's straight out the book of trump tactics... make your impactful statement, that you know is wrong, but wrap it up in a "I've heard”, "I think", etc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 18:17

More dirty tricks from the masters

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50624086

10/10 again

Post Edited (Sun 01 Dec 18:18)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 18:50

Laura Kuenssberg will be disappointed that she has been removed from Tory Party propaganda. But I'm sure she'll continue to do her best in ways that she can.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 18:52

I don't get why the BBC complained about this. Isn't the narrative that they are pro Conservative?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 18:56

Towk yer like a broken record ..... did you slip and fall into yer Mams radiogram when ye were a boy -click- a boy -click- a boy -click-a boy -click
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 19:47

I just like railing against the commonly accepted narrative.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I..... I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 19:50

Good on you towk your yer own man same as me and that means a lot btw
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 19:52

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 1 Dec 18:52

I don't get why the BBC complained about this. Isn't the narrative that they are pro Conservative?

A Tory friend of mine (I know, I know) is convinced the BBC is a left wing organisation.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:03

Exactly GG. The fact that so many on all sides think that the Beeb is batting for the other side tells me they are probably a fair umpire.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:27

Guys .....towk and GG the BBC are on record as having misled with the whoops a daisy style of broadcasting :- doctored videos, doctored newscasts, doctored interviews, They are the governments mouthpiece not only in the mis - news they broadcast but the genuine important news they fail to broadcast in case it damages their beloved Tory Party .....I know Towk you cannot see it or indeed accept it but I could load enough to keep you reading till Crimbo ..... and GG stop winding him up for goodness sake ...... :-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 22:33

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 1 Dec 20:03

Exactly GG. The fact that so many on all sides think that the Beeb is batting for the other side tells me they are probably a fair umpire.

I tend to agree with that line of thinking as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 23:09

Watched ITV's thing tonight and Labour had an election broadcast as did the Tories.Farage was his usual rubbish,why not one raised his salary and pension from his hated establishment I have no idea.
The rest at least answered questions,surprisingly even the undercover Tory Jo,but I was impressed by the Plaid Cymru guy.
Nicola as usual top though,even if ITV tried to let her get talked over.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 23:29

The BBC is motivated by renewal of its Royal Charter, which is decided by Royal Prerogative, ie the PM "advises" the monarch. Like the prorogation thingmy.

The BBC's bias at any given time reflects that and tends to be aimed toward not annoying the PM or monarch.

This is only the news though - the other stuff is mainly to the left of centre because creative sorts are mainly to the left of centre. It might change if the right didn't get its masculinity hurt by a wee poem now and then ;)

Post Edited (Sun 01 Dec 23:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 08:36

Do you think the interview with Prince Andrew and the upcoming interview with his accuser might annoy the monarch?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 08:56

The fallout would suggest that the monarch is more upset with her son, and possibly her granddaughter, for insisting on doing it.

The BBC did it because they were telt to.

The BBC news tried to spin it positively until it became impossible to do so.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 09:19

The BBC news was pretty scathing right from the start. Especially on the website. So I assume that this interview with the accuser will now paint Andrew in a good light hence why the beeb are doing it? I would have thought the monarch would have just told the beeb to forget all about it and let the story die down.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 11:06

There's no votes in being endorsed by Trump. So the decision to have him visit the UK during an election campaign is an open door to the Labour Party and its allegation the NHS is up for sale. The last time Trump came to the UK the streets around the American Embassy had to be barricaded off to prevent demonstrators getting too close.

US Presidents visiting in the past have helped create the illusion that the UK is a big player on the international stage, but Trump does not come into that category.
Bad timing at the very least. 8/10.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 19:23

The BBC news was pretty scathing right from the start.

Not online they weren't. For hours after they were leading with just the denial and the story made no mention of the controversy, just bland reporting.

To begin with, looking at the BBC website would have left you thinking that it was a perfectly normal interview where a man denied doing a thing. I did. It wasn't until I saw a clip on Twitter hours later that I realised it might be worth watching.

They couldn't keep that up for long (only until after the papers came out basically) without looking a bit North Korea-ey though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 22:33

It's beginning to look like that the biggest gaffe was made by Corbyn ever voting to have this election. He's quite possibly given Johnson a five year license to govern us and condemned himself to being a two time Labour election loser which will surely see him quit as leader of the opposition. Still a week to go but its looking ever more likely that it will be a Tory majority.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 23:00

Corbyn was never excited by the prospect of a General Election. It was Johnson who was forced to take the gamble since he was incapable of ‘delivering’ Brexit; Corbyn was quite happy to see Johnson stew in his own juice. It was Sturgeon and Swinson who were giddy at the idea. In Sturgeon’s case sensibly enough since she saw an opportunity to further the cause of independence; in Swinson’s case an exposure of her political naivety since she believed she could hoover up the Remainer vote and maybe become PM! She was actually mouthing this fantasy less than a month ago, along with Farage threatening to send a cohort of Brexiteers into Westminster. And people on here were taking this nonsense seriously.

Reality is setting in. Corbyn’s decision not to follow Blairite advice is now being vindicated as the Lib Dem’s threat to cancel Brexit is now seeing their vote squeezed close to single figures; in fact I think they have now altered their key policy to include a second referendum: the policy they were recently castigating Corbyn for supporting!

The Lib Dems could never have run a country that is split 50-50, in the unlikely event of hovering up the Remainer votes anyway. Neither can Johnson if he goes for a crash-out. Corbyn is the one politician who has understood two things: first of all that only a second referendum can settle the Brexit issue; and secondly that there is no point trying to run a country on the blue rinse vote when that is defying the wishes of the young people in the UK. Remember too that Corbyn does not have to win: all he has to do is stop Johnson winning and wait for the heavens to fall upon the PM.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 23:04

If Corbyn can't win a majority he needs to stand aside and let someone who can have a shot.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 12:11

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 6 Dec 23:04

If Corbyn can't win a majority he needs to stand aside and let someone who can have a shot.

I'd rather have Corbyn in opposition than I would some Blair clone in government who will sell the party's soul to Murdoch for a sniff at power.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 12:25

Is that the only two options?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 15:15

I'd say that you need the Murdoch press onboard to do well in UK politics.

Can you name a government in Westminster that hasn't had the support of the Murdoch press?

Every single one since Thatcher has had it and it's about time we had a politician stand up to him and try to break that pattern.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 18:27

Just asking, but is Murdoch Jewish?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 18:32

Why would that matter if he was?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:15

Just got me wondering with him controlling the English media,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:22

You mean The Times and The Sun and The Scottish Sun? Still not quite sure how his ownership of those media outlets increases the likelihood of being Jewish.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 21:48

Well is he Jewish or not?

Post Edited (Sat 07 Dec 21:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 21:49

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 7 Dec 20:22

You mean The Times and The Sun and The Scottish Sun? Still not quite sure how his ownership of those media outlets increases the likelihood of being Jewish.

His likelihood of being Jewish remains exactly the same whether he owns those or not.
ie. 100% likely as he is Jewish.
It's not relevant in any way whatsoever though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 21:52

Why then was it relevant re Soros?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 22:15

Exactly. It wasn't relevant with Soros either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 11:10

Murdoch is WeeFreeish...!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Dec 18:41

Matt Hancock pulled the short straw and was told to turn up at a Leeds Hospital today to show some concern after damning pictures revealed a young boy lay without proper treatment for over 12 hours. Not exactly a gaffe but he could hardly have expected anything other than a rough reception. No chance Bojo was going to attend that particular gig despite his recent interest in the NHS.

Here's a strange thing though. Jeremy Corbyn, the most unpopular politician the UK has ever had, can apparently walk around doing his hustings, yet Boris Johnson, the most loved PM since Winston Churchill, is repeatedly having to call of meetings on 'police advice' since crowds are gathering. Where are all these angry northerners who love Boris and loathe Corbyn when you need them?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Dec 19:36

Spot on sammer ....also Johnston has had his 7th photo shoot costume on.... no crowds ......no hassle ...no opposition to embarrass him... no huge tory support either btw as no bugger knows where he is ....just a man going round pretending to be important and saying Get Brexit Done ..... A Lying uncaring supercilious Buffoon and also talking over the question of the young laddie lying on coats to promote his party parrot policy's

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1204018593656180736
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 12:00

It looks like any negativity around the Tories arising from the photo of the wee boy lying on the hospital floor has been quickly transferred to Labour following the revelation of a tape of a personal conversation the Shadow Health Secretary, Jonathan Ashworth, had with a lifelong friend who was a Tory activist and has spilled the beans. Never trust a Tory right enough. but it seems to be yet another example of poor judgement by a politician.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 14:19

Ashworth has been a full time politician all his adult life, working up from being a SPAD to a shadow Health Minister, so I would take his explanation with a pinch of salt. The cadmission that a Tory activist was his friend is a giveaway regarding his leanings within the Labour Party.

Ashworth was in prime position, as shadow minister, to comment on the NHS issue which has arisen in the last few days but instead has created this very convenient distraction for the Conservative Party. Not a man excited by the prospect of Corbyn doing well in Thursday’s election I would suggest.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 17:39

This nurse seems to have a lot of friends

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 18:09

Date: Tue 10 Dec 17:39

This nurse seems to have a lot of friends

I am disgusted at that wotsit they really are lower than a snakes belly
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 18:12

They're vile scum.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 19:29

A great new deal ?

The shipping industry is drawing up plans for EU border checks in Britain for trade bound for Northern Ireland.

The BBC has learned that freight could be diverted through ports with space for inspections such as Liverpool and Stranraer, despite the government denying checks will be necessary.

Customs staff at the relevant ports could include EU representatives, under the details of the new withdrawal deal.

The government said it has secured a "great new deal."
There is also a proposal for smaller "pop up labs" at ports - mobile testing labs for health checks on food exports.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 19:39

Date: Tue 10 Dec 18:12

They're vile scum.

Indeed they are wotsit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/50728920
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net