DAFC.net
Home 16 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 And so it begins
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 21 Aug 19:58

All pro Indy blogs now being blocked by Facebook. Wings had their twitter feed pulled a few months ago and two pro Salmond folk are being done for contempt of court. Even people who are against independence should be aghast at this. I thought we lived in a democracy with freedom of speech?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: And so it begins
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 21 Aug 20:36

All pro indy blogs?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 21 Aug 20:44

Wings is still on Facebook. I dont know which pro indy pages have been shut but I've got a fellow pro Indy mate that shares loads of memes for Yes and some of them are horrendous with the sort of mistakes or lies that pro Brexit supporters used to share. If its any of the pages that were producing or promoting those im actually not surprised they've been shut down.

I love Stu Cambpell for Sensible Soccer and Cannon Fodder but he was abusing folk on twitter so its not a surprise someone has taken the opportunity to complain about him and his Twitter access was blocked.

The contempt of court charges might well be the most contentious ones. I'm still not quite clear what they broadcast that was covered by the embargo. It certainly doesn't seem as clear cut as the Yaxley Lennon case unless I've missed something (which is possible!)

Post Edited (Fri 21 Aug 20:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 21 Aug 20:45

Only if you are a billionaire desparado :(
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 21 Aug 20:55

LPF, I've done a bit of digging and I think what Desperado meant was that they were blocking linking Facebook posts to certain independence supporting blogs which are located off of Facebook.
This of course has nothing to do with freedom of speech as Facebook isn't a public service.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Aug 21:00

Much appreciated TOWK and apologies Desperado I completely misunderstood your post.

Post Edited (Fri 21 Aug 21:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 21 Aug 21:03

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/

Explained here. Was just a glitch for Paul Cavanagh but other Indy bloggers have been having similar problems recently.

Gordon Ross has had a few issues recently. Strange.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Aug 21:35

Quote:

desparado, Fri 21 Aug 21:03

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/

Explained here. Was just a glitch for Paul Cavanagh but other Indy bloggers have been having similar problems recently.

Gordon Ross has had a few issues recently. Strange.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 21 Aug 21:47

Hopefully nothing too nefarious. I've not read a lot on that blog but it doesn't seem too controversial. Its obviously a one sided opinion piece in general but there's nothing wrong with that as long as its not inciting hatred or spreading blatant lies which it doesn't look like it is from the bits I've read.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 21 Aug 23:50

WoS being taken offline isn't necessarily a bad thing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sat 22 Aug 07:39

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 22 Aug 07:55

He garners a lot of negative press. Admittedly, this is often down to a media bias but he hasn't helped himself.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 23 Aug 09:08

Quote:

desparado, Fri 21 Aug 19:58

All pro Indy blogs now being blocked by Facebook. Wings had their twitter feed pulled a few months ago and two pro Salmond folk are being done for contempt of court. Even people who are against independence should be aghast at this. I thought we lived in a democracy with freedom of speech?

We haven't been in a democracy for a very long time now.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net