DAFC.net
Home 19 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Matt Hancock
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 08:00

Allegedly doing some horizontal running with one of his aides.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matt Hancock
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 10:25

Quote:

jake89, Fri 25 Jun 08:00

Couldn't care less if he is having an affair with a married woman while being married himself.

My issue with it is that he appointed her as a non executive director at the Department of Health. A role that was meant to scrutinise performance. Her role was not made public at the time either.
The way the Tories operate to avoid being held to account and siphon taxpayers money to their chums is truly sickening.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 11:49

Is `horizontal running` the same as `levelling up`?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 13:18

Timing is a bit funny this one….wouldn’t be surprised if this is some sort of ruse to cover up something rather more important and just pinning everything on him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 15:17

There's no doubt this has been timed for some reason. Whether they just want him gone or something else is going on someone has had that footage for a wee while anyway and has chosen to release it now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 16:15

He has apologised and Boris the Brave has said matter closed

He is being kept on to be the sacrificial lamb after and when the results of the public enquiry into the covid mess is released

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 18:27

Pretty safe while Boris is his gaffer.....he can hardly punt him for being incompetent or marital discretions.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 18:59

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Fri 25 Jun 10:25

Quote:

jake89, Fri 25 Jun 08:00

Couldn't care less if he is having an affair with a married woman while being married himself.

My issue with it is that he appointed her as a non executive director at the Department of Health. A role that was meant to scrutinise performance. Her role was not made public at the time either.
The way the Tories operate to avoid being held to account and siphon taxpayers money to their chums is truly sickening.

Fair to say they were both scrutinising performance, just not of health matters!

Rotten to the core.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 19:57

Pot, kettle, black comes to mind!🤔😷😡😡😡
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 12:00

And a company owned by his bird's brother got millions in NHS contracts.
And yet folks putting their health in their hands.
Madness, utter madness.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 14:25

It's strange that the industry I work in everything is tightly regulated so that you even have to be careful taking a client for a business lunch in case it is seen as bribery, but the government can give out millions and sometimes billions to their pals without a proper tendering process, give top jobs to their mistresses, award contracts willy nilly to her brothers firm, and break ministerial code and no one is really that bothered. A couple of days and this latest scandal will be all forgotten about.
In years gone by, this would have been a cause to resign, this lot would get away with murder.

It just shows how far the public have let things slide, no one cares anymore, as long as they are mortgaged up to the eyeballs for a box on an estate, have got an SUV and Audi in the drive and a shiny new phone they are not fussy what goes on
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 18:08

Most of us don`t have those things though. Having an audi in the drive or even having a driveway would be a major upgrade for me.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 18:24

Has resigned.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 19:37

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sat 26 Jun 18:24

Has resigned.

Not every day a Tory politician does the decent thing.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 19:50

Only because he couldn't get away with it GG.

At least there is a threshold of embarrassment. I thought they would have needed to get caught robbing banks before having to resign. I was going to add killing people but....well.....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 20:11

Sajid Javid replaces him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 23:07

Hancock has been a dead man on furlough since April 2020. He was widely known as part of a group of incompetents within the government which included Grayling and Williamson. These were politicians promoted on loyalty rather than merit. Hancock has been hapless since day one and only allowed to remain in post so long as he was a lightning conductor for Boris Johnson.

His engineered dismissal, which cold have come at any time in the last year and a half, is an indication of a change in government policy towards its response to Covid. What that change is I am not sure, but I imagine it may be to be guided by the science rather than to follow it.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 17:49

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 26 Jun 19:37

Quote:

Has resigned.

I'd rather have an incompetent Hancock than Javid though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 21:03

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 27 Jun 17:49

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 26 Jun 19:37

Quote:

Has resigned.

I'd rather have an incompetent Hancock than Javid though.

Aye, the bumbling buffoon has surrounded himself with some loathsome cabinet colleagues whom I don't need to name. Did he ever get a new adviser to replace that weasel?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 11:37

Quote:

sammer, Sat 26 Jun 23:07

Hancock has been a dead man on furlough since April 2020. He was widely known as part of a group of incompetents within the government which included Grayling and Williamson. These were politicians promoted on loyalty rather than merit. Hancock has been hapless since day one and only allowed to remain in post so long as he was a lightning conductor for Boris Johnson.

His engineered dismissal, which cold have come at any time in the last year and a half, is an indication of a change in government policy towards its response to Covid. What that change is I am not sure, but I imagine it may be to be guided by the science rather than to follow it.

The science that let's big crowds to the football but stops parents going to sports day?

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 23:10

Strange how this whole affair has turned into a security risk with the cameras in the offices...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 23:54

Rastapari,

For a politician science is like law: you get the opinion you pay for. If it`s not the opinion you want then you pay somebody else with initials after their name to give what you do want. A knighthood might follow. House of Lords in your dotage.

Johnson has kept Hancock at the helm precisely because he is known to be useless. If he had replaced Hancock earlier then Johnson would have had to change policy and adopt what might roughly be called the Swedish Model, whereby the population are not held under the same severity of Lockdown. But Johnson was frightened of newspaper headlines of patients dying in corridors, especially rich pensioners from the south of England, so he thought it best to deflect all of the Professor Gloom message on to Hancock.

Johnson is now banking on easing restrictions in the name of freedom (don`t laugh), which is of course a gamble, but so long as the dirt sticks to Javid in the event of a disaster then no great harm has been done to Johnson. Hancock followed the science, which he was told to do, and is now being labelled a prat. If Javid follows the latest advice, bought at great expense I am sure, and there is a disaster then it is Javid`s fault. He`ll be prat number 2. But if any rising death figures can be muted by the media then Johnson is the great libertarian of our age.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 10:13

Used his personal email account for PPE provisioning, not going down too well, stinks of corruption!

Some rumours about Gove circulating. 🤔😷🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 11:53

He`s going on "I`m a celebrity " seems that killing so many people makes you a "Celebrity "

I take it that his constituents will be happy!🤔🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 14:49

It`s a bizarre move IMO. He`s a bit of an oddball so will either come across as the loveable weirdo or simply a weirdo.

The big issue, of course, being that he`s a Tory and one that oversaw an awful COVID response.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 15:20

I can`t believe that someone like him thinks this is a good move. On 2nd thoughts these days I can.....

What an absolute fkn plonker

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 16:33

Back to nightly Matt Hancock....Nice.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 16:34

So the whip has been withdrawn, yet the blond blob, missing in action and holidays gets away with it!

Living in a cottage in the Cotswolds donated by a party donor.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 19:01

I think Hancock probably comes across as a bit of a weirdo because he is a bit of a weirdo. This is a good move by ITV because someone like that with absolutely no self-awareness is a meme waiting to happen.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 1 Nov 20:50

Hahaha....

Shadow health minister Andrew Gwynne said: “To be fair to Matt Hancock, I’d sooner eat wallaby anus than be a Tory MP too.”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Nov 16:04

He`ll be paid around £400k for appearing apparently. I wonder how the NHS workers we were asked to clap for when he was Health Minister feel about that?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 06:22

Matt the Muppet is making all the wrong headlines again. Truly representative of the incompetent clowns overwhelmingly elected to govern the UK. 😨

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 07:45

I wouldn’t swap Lorna Slater for any of them. Absolute joy to watch. Nuttier than a Dundee fruit cake.

Meanwhile it emerged yesterday Humza has presided over our NHS having five times as many patients waiting two years and more for hospital procedures than England.

You would expect the country with 55 million population would have the most not the other way round!u

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 08:06

Quote:

Parboiled, Thu 2 Mar 07:45

I wouldn’t swap Lorna Slater for any of them. Absolute joy to watch. Nuttier than a Dundee fruit cake.

Meanwhile it emerged yesterday Humza has presided over our NHS having five times as many patients waiting two years and more for hospital procedures than England.

You would expect the country with 55 million population would have the most not the other way round!u

The discussion is about Matt Hancock, what do you have to say about him?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 08:18

He had a better record on two year waiting lists than Humza did. Will that do?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 08:27

Out of interest, where would one find those figures and comparative figures for NHS England? I`ve seen that Herald Report and suspect those figures are incorrect. I`ve checked the PHS website and they seem to report on 52 weeks (approx. 1 year) but not 2 years.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 10:47

I`ll answer my own question - The Herald figures are wrong.

Scotland has halved it`s figure so it`s around 1000 waiting 104 weeks or more in Scotland. In England it`s 7500.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 11:19

Maybe The Herald had the same problem interpreting percentages as Boris Johnson did during the pandemic. Someone told me these figures yesterday and instinctively they just seemed wrong. It`s hard to believe a reputable newspaper like The Herald would publish them without careful checking.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 11:33

I wonder what Hancock`s wife thinks of him accusing anyone of a `massive betrayal and breach of trust`.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 12:28

Quote:

jake89, Thu 2 Mar 10:47

I`ll answer my own question - The Herald figures are wrong.

Scotland has halved it`s figure so it`s around 1000 waiting 104 weeks or more in Scotland. In England it`s 7500.

Tory calculations, massaged as usual!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 13:06

A right winger repeated false information because it suited their agenda? How clichéd can one get?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 13:06

If those figures are correct then going by that metric the nhs in England is still considerably outperforming ours.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 14:49

Don’t bring simple maths into it, you’ll only baffle them

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 16:03

Since when did waiting lists over two years old become the defining `metric` which decides how well the NHS performs? If we can`t believe the Herald on that metric why should we believe them on any others?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 16:38

Who does one trust- the longest running national newspaper in the world or some diddy on here?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 16:46

It depends who the diddy is.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 16:50

I’ll stick with the Herald

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 17:23

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 2 Mar 13:06

If those figures are correct then going by that metric the nhs in England is still considerably outperforming ours.

Correct, but slightly concerning that a national paper appears to have its numbers wrong!

The real figures would indicate a slightly worse situation in Scotland, but it looks like improvements have been more rapid in England over the past few months in comparison to Scotland.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 18:40

I was actually quite impressed that the Scottish numbers had come down as quickly as they had.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Mar 18:48

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 2 Mar 18:40

I was actually quite impressed that the Scottish numbers had come down as quickly as they had.

They didn`t. They almost tripled if you believe the Herald 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 3 Mar 10:13

Quote:

Parboiled, Thu 2 Mar 14:49

Don’t bring simple maths into it, you’ll only baffle them

Not very bright are you 😂
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net