DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Zahawi
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 21 Jan 10:32

The Tory`s press people are going to be busy just now.

Dominic Raab is saying his Zahawi`s affairs are transparent.

For once, I agree with Raab.....we can all clearly see right through them.

Getting fined for not being compliant with tax laws, as the recent reports suggest, is not a good look.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Zahawi
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 21 Jan 18:17

A man with a net worth of 100 million and yet tried from his position to gain even more .. sack the Bast*rd

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Jan 20:20

Tory Party Chairman Nadhim Zahawi says an error in his tax affairs was accepted by HMRC as having been "careless and not deliberate".

In a statement, he said he wanted to address "confusion about my finances" after claims he tried to avoid tax and had to pay it back.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak is satisfied with Mr Zahawi`s account, the BBC has been told.

Ach Weel thats OK then

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 21 Jan 20:41

Just as well he wasn`t Chancellor for long if he was `careless` in his tax affairs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 13:22

Come on - have sympathy.

Accidentally setting up a shell company in Gibraltar to avoid tax is a careless mistake that we`ve all made at one time or other. I almost did it when I was filling in my tax return return this year, before my wife noticed my carelessness and showed me how to do my tax return without setting up a shell company in Gibraltar.

It`s a trap even the best of us can fall into.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 13:50

“ Nothing to see here” says oor Nicola about her broken promise to publish her tax returns.

That’s true!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 13:56

Quote:

Parboiled, Mon 23 Jan 13:50

“ Nothing to see here” says oor Nicola about her broken promise to publish her tax returns.

That’s true!

Still waiting on Sunaks, was promised at Christmas!🤔🤥💩
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 15:29

Quote:

Parboiled, Mon 23 Jan 13:50

That’s true!

`But but but, she didn`t provide hers either........

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 15:39

Maybe she`s been `getting on with the day job` as the unionists are always telling her to. I doubt there will be anything untoward in them when she does provide them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 16:28

That’s exactly what she said herself this morning Eck.
Poor wifie hasn’t had an hour to herself for the last seven years returns she’s missed…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 16:32

As far as I know she`s not required to publish them. It`s voluntary. Can we expect Ross, Sarwar, Cole -Hamilton, Harvie and Slater to publish theirs too?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 16:39

I think it`s fair to assume that anyone who doesn`t publish it must be absolutely raking it in.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 16:44

It would appear that Integrity and Accountability are important to this Government just listen to Rishi :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-64373990

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 16:48

I don` t think it`s fair at all to assume anyone who doesn`t publish is `raking it in`. Sources of income other than from being a MP/MSP or Minister may be of interest though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 20:57

Eck of course it’s voluntary. In 2016 she said she would do so every year. Nobody forced her, she was only copying David Cameron.
Today she was slagging off Zahawi and a journalist with a long memory reminded her of her own commitment..

Post Edited (Mon 23 Jan 21:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 21:57

The media are desperate to pin something on her. Stories about corruption at Westminster have become so common they`re hardly newsworthy any more and Unionists just turn a blind eye.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 22:46

Not really a story as far as Nicola Sturgeon is concerned, her only income is her salary. The media are desparate for the First Minister to slip up and get anything on her. They would rather make a big story about not publishing her accounts when she doesn`t have to than print stories that will bring the corrupt Tory government in Westminster to task. Remember the outrage in the press when she momentarily forgot to put on a mask at a funeral, while Boris and Co were having boozy parties in Downing Street
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 23:42

Well the Sturgeon could check mate them by publishing it then asking why others don`t do the same.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 05:53

Quote:

Bandy, Mon 23 Jan 13:22

Come on - have sympathy.

Accidentally setting up a shell company in Gibraltar to avoid tax is a careless mistake that we`ve all made at one time or other. I almost did it when I was filling in my tax return return this year, before my wife noticed my carelessness and showed me how to do my tax return without setting up a shell company in Gibraltar.

It`s a trap even the best of us can fall into.

😂🤣😂 Can`t make up my mind whether you`re a senile old git or just a very naughty boy, Bandy. 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 09:11

He would have tax experts/accountants filing his returns for him, do you think they are careless?

The tax expert that raised concerns was threatened with legal action if he did not stop his enquiries, he is now probing some further tax anomalies!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 10:33

In 2013 it was reported he had wrongly claimed for the expenses of heating the stables at his second home (how careless).

`A Tory MP has apologised and promised to repay part of a £5,822.27 expenses claim for his energy bills after it emerged taxpayers were paying for the electricity supply to his stables.

Nadhim Zahawi, a founder of the market research firm YouGov, said he was "mortified" to discover the error, which came to light after he was among politicians criticised over subsidised energy bills.`

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 15:42

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 24 Jan 10:33

In 2013 it was reported he had wrongly claimed for the expenses of heating the stables at his second home (how careless).

`A Tory MP has apologised and promised to repay part of a £5,822.27 expenses claim for his energy bills after it emerged taxpayers were paying for the electricity supply to his stables.

Nadhim Zahawi, a founder of the market research firm YouGov, said he was "mortified" to discover the error, which came to light after he was among politicians criticised over subsidised energy bills.`

He`s been careless with language again. He was only mortified when he got caught, not that he made the egregious expenses claim.

I have a certain leeway with my work expenses, but I can confidently say that I have never so much as over claimed a Greggs coffee, let alone "accidentally" used it to pay my heating bill.

The man is an obvious liar.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 16:21

Quote:

Wotsit, Tue 24 Jan 15:42

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 24 Jan 10:33

He`s been careless with language again. He was only mortified when he got caught, not that he made the egregious expenses claim.

I have a certain leeway with my work expenses, but I can confidently say that I have never so much as over claimed a Greggs coffee, let alone "accidentally" used it to pay my heating bill.

The man is an obvious liar.

Well he`s a good pal of the Blustering Buffoon. Are you really surprised? What did you expect? There`s an old Italian proverb which goes

"If you walk with a lame man, by the end of the year you`ll have learned to limp."

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 17:06

I don`t know if it`s true, but seemingly a civil servant whistle blew on LBC and got sacked. He called up this week absolutely raging as he`s now been proven correct.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 18:05

Well he`s a good pal of the Blustering Buffoon. Are you really surprised? What did you expect? There`s an old Italian proverb which goes

"If you walk with a lame man, by the end of the year you`ll have learned to limp."

Good try My auld learned Freend but its Greek to me .. :-))

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 09:20

"Come on - have sympathy.

It`s a trap even the best of us can fall into."

Absolutely. It was the Cayman Islands for me. I only noticed the error of my ways when someone spotted me accidentally checking out brass plates on a site that I was directed to.

Must be an absolute minefield when you are an officer of the state and desperate to pay every single penny of tax you are due.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 15:14

I remember when I was in charge of the nation`s finances how I almost made a very similar mistake too...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 16:07

Its all fairly obvious the man is a cheat and a liar

He gave his 40,000 you gov shares to his parents who just happen to own .. the Gibraltar-based family trust Balshore Investments.

In a statement, Zahawi said HMRC accepted that an error in his tax affairs was "careless and not deliberate"

Ah but the silly billy forgot to mention he also recieved £99,000 dividend from the said company that was paid directly to him to repay loans

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 19:30

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11672143/Nadhim-Zahawis-family-lived-Cotswolds-mansion-breach-planning-conditions.html
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 16:55

That`ll be that then .. Taxi for Zahawi :-

There are no penalties for "innocent" tax errors, the boss of HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has told MPs.

Appearing before a Commons committee, Jim Harra was pressed on issues around the tax affairs of Nadhim Zahawi.

The Conservative Party chairman is facing calls to resign, after it emerged he paid a penalty to HMRC.

Mr Harra stressed he could not comment on individual cases but said penalties were not applied when someone had taken "reasonable care".

Mr Zahawi has said HMRC accepted the error over previously unpaid tax was "careless and not deliberate". He has also insisted he has "acted properly throughout".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 17:08

From memory all the Scottish party leaders published their tax returns at the 2016 election; I thought it odd that NS had no investment income to declare.

For many people their big outgoings are children (even without allowing for school fees) and property costs.

Some people have extravagant tastes, and spend their money on fast cars or fancy holidays or jewellery or expensive hobbies.

None of this applies to NS as far as I know, so what does she do with her money? I know she doesn’t draw her full salary but she (and her husband) are well remunerated. Most people with an excess would invest it (a mini-sovereign wealth fund if you will) (or at least stick it in the bank) in which case there would be additional taxable income.

As for Zahawi, his conduct seems more like that of a gangster. I can accept that no-one is under an obligation to pay more tax than they owe, and there can be legitimate arguments to be had over what is payable as HMRC can make mistakes, but there are huge and obvious conflicts of interest here which shouldn’t be permitted. I can’t decide whether Sunak doesn’t appreciate the problem, doesn’t want to exercise his authority, or has no authority in practice.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 19:14

All three MT a back stabbing weasel

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 19:32

Pack your bags.....

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/26/nadhim-zahawi-faces-questions-over-source-of-30m-unsecured-loans-to-wifes-property-company

Post Edited (Thu 26 Jan 19:33)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 20:19

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/26/nadhim-zahawi-faces-questions-over-source-of-30m-unsecured-loans-to-wifes-property-company

Tried to fix it but no work

Post Edited (Thu 26 Jan 20:20)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 20:28

There ye go Ipswich :-) what a lying cheating horrid person get him to fek

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/26/nadhim-zahawi-faces-questions-over-source-of-30m-unsecured-loans-to-wifes-property-company

Post Edited (Thu 26 Jan 20:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 20:32

Weird....was working fine for me but ta.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 22:27

Get him jailed

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Thu 26 Jan 23:03)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Jan 16:10

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Thu 26 Jan 22:27

Get him jailed

It`s a well known truism that, in Italy, the rich don`t go to jail. Silvio Berlusconi was sentenced to 4.5 years for tax evasion of some €14m but never served a single day - he`s even made a political comeback.

You can bet your house that the same principle applies here - Zahawi will NEVER go to jail, but an ordinary punter would be made an example of for a far smaller amount.

Some 15 years ago, HMRC chased me up for an underpayment of £1800 going back 5 years. I pointed out to them that they had submitted the wrong tax code to my employer, so I wasn`t minded to pay it. They replied that it was my responsibility to ensure the code was correct and if I refused to settle, HMRC would initiate court proceedings against me to recover the sum. I took legal advice and was informed that I would almost certainly incur an additional fine, court costs and the possibility of a custodial sentence.

I stumped up. ☹

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Fri 27 Jan 17:27

HMRC are correct about it being your responsibility to make sure your code is correct however like you I have just always trusted my employer and HR to get it right. I would imagine we are the same as the vast majority of paye employees. You’d have more joy trying to get through to Lord Lucan on the phone than HMRC so I’d doubt that millions of people trying to contact them to check their tax code every year would make it any easier.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Jan 19:39

My retired pal, who was receiving a private pension decided to take another job, he had the standard tax coding and paid tax on the balance.

He also had the standard tax code on his private pension, something I told him was incorrect.

At the end of the tax year, HMRC found out about the discrepancy and demanded 7K.

He went and spoke to them in the local office (Glenrothes at that time) the sum due was written off!

They said it wasn`t his fault?🤔😲
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Jan 11:08

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Fri 27 Jan 19:39

My retired pal, who was receiving a private pension decided to take another job, he had the standard tax coding and paid tax on the balance.

He also had the standard tax code on his private pension, something I told him was incorrect.

At the end of the tax year, HMRC found out about the discrepancy and demanded 7K.

He went and spoke to them in the local office (Glenrothes at that time) the sum due was written off!

They said it wasn`t his fault?🤔😲

Pleased for your pal, LA, but gutted that I wrote to Centre 1 instead of popping in to my friendly local office... ☹

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Jan 12:32

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 28

Pleased for your pal, LA, but gutted that I wrote to Centre 1 instead of popping in to my friendly local office... ☹

Unfortunately I think they shut all the local offices, was Dunfermline one not in Merchiston House?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Jan 16:28

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sat 28 Jan 12:32

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 28

Unfortunately I think they shut all the local offices, was Dunfermline one not in Merchiston House?

Probably because too many folk like your pal were going in and sweet talking an HMRC employee into letting them off.. 😃

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 09:23

Sacked! And not before time. 🙂

What a shambles this Government is.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 11:27

Spot on GG .. I don`t think Sunak has been telling the truth either .. Time will tell

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 11:58

Zahawi must be pretty naive to think it wouldn`t come to light that he was under investigation by HMRC and subsequently had to pay a penalty for `careless` errors. He even had the temerity to sue journalists who made those accusations against him.

Does he and all the others who have been caught, or accused of, breaking the rules just believe that they are somehow untouchable and so destined to govern that the rules don`t apply to them or can be explained away if challenged?

I`ve always thought that the Conservative Party by its beliefs and ethos is bound to attract people who are in politics to further their own careers and fortunes. The emphasis on private enterprise, low regulation, `trickle-down` economics, low taxes is always going to attract chancers and charlatans. Is it any surprise that proponents of a `low tax` party fiddle their own taxes?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 12:25

If it wasn`t for Dan Neidle carrying out an independent investigation, through the threats, Zahawi would still be there!

I believe Dan is lining up another blockbuster in the next few days, the corruption and rot in this government stinks!💩🐷🐽
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 12:32

Apparently he was sacked for not declaring on his CV that he was under investigation by HMRC!

Not the fact he was trying to hide money!🤔😲🙈💩💩💩
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 13:31

I suspect it is easier to do it this way than get challenged.

Hopefully the Tories can start thinking about deporting folk who have been up to no good. Might not have many MPs left.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 13:33

All mp`s and msp`s and their spouses should be compelled to publish their tax returns. Won`t ever happen because parties on all sides would suddenly be in agreement against it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 15:20

So that’s:-

Hancock
Williamson
Zahawi
Johnson

And Patel went before she was sacked

What a disgrace

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 29 Jan 15:20)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 16:41

You could add Bravermann, Pincher and Paterson although he wasn`t a minister when he was kicked out of the Commons.

Post Edited (Sun 29 Jan 20:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 16:54

Remember there is still enquiries to come for :-

Boris the Brave
Dom the Bully Rabb

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 17:11

Andrew Bridgen is another MP on the make; a Parcel o` Rogues right enough.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 17:11

I don`t see why all tax records aren`t public record like they are in a few countries. I think it`s all published online in Norway?

How much money you have is a fairly innocuous piece of information. Unless there is a clear discrepancy between your lifestyle and your declared income I suppose.

Edit: https://www.skatteetaten.no/en/forms/search-the-tax-lists/

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"

Post Edited (Sun 29 Jan 17:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jan 22:37

What does it say when our country is being run by a bunch of toffs with dodgy investments? Probably the easiest people to manipulate.

I`ve said it before but the media in this country is a disgrace. I`m not suggesting my views are spot on but the reporting of events is terrible. Most of it consists of a sensationalist headline, a shed load of conjecture and then the truth mixed in there somewhere. All controlled by a minority of billionaires for the benefit of the rich.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Jan 09:19

On a more light hearted note!

Then again I wouldn`t put it past them!🤔🙈

https://abnormalisland.blogspot.com/2023/01/nadhim-zahawi-to-be-appointed-as.html
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Feb 12:36

Sturgeon releases her tax return since 2014 and it is very favourable reading for her. Will other mp`s and msp`s do the same or do they have a incomes that they`d rather the public didn`t know about. Also spouses as well.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Feb 18:09

She released a bit more than just her tax records 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Feb 18:41

Aye she`ll have to contact her bank after that one!
Douglas Ross had also revealed his tax records and so thr pressure will be mounting on Sunak.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Feb 18:46

The failure to release them seemed to get a lot more exposure than the fact that she has now done so. There`s still nothing on the BBC News website although it was a BBC journalist who reminded her a couple of weeks ago about her promise to release them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 6 Feb 19:23

She is the only political leader with any real integrity in the UK. The rest are pigs in the trough. Still can`t see anything on the BBC website about it. They certainly are the mouthpiece of the establishment
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Feb 19:24

Agree with wee eck and red- star

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Feb 19:32

It wasn`t mentioned on the 7 pm news bulletin on Radio Scotland either.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 09:35

Finally, a report appears on the BBC website. Part of her net salary goes back into Government funds because SNP ministers decided to freeze their net pay in 2008. She puts a lot into her pension fund. Basically, `there`s nothing to see here` so, inevitably, attention turns to her husband`s income.

Douglas Ross has also published his most recent return. He donates his Holyrood salary to charity because he also gets a salary from Westminster. He had no earnings from football that year as he was injured.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 10:13

I would be interested to know her husbands income.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 10:29

Why? Because he`s the chief executive of the SNP or because he`s the husband of the First Minister or because you`re just nosey? What sort of information would you be `interested` in?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 10:38

Because he is the husband of the first minister and is the top administrator of Scotland`s ruling party. The same information that his wife has supplied would be sufficient. By the way the same goes for Sunak`s wife as well unless you think us knowing about her non dom status was just us being nosey?

Edit to correct typos

Post Edited (Tue 07 Feb 11:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 13:09

I`m all for transparency but I suspect the more information is disclosed the more will be asked for. We found out about Mrs Sunak`s non-dom status without her or her husband publishing their tax returns, just as we also found out about his Green Card. If Peter Murrell has non-dom status I`m sure we`d have found out by now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 13:54

"nothing to see" just about covers it.

I suspect the pension contributions aren`t actually contributions (that would seem bizarre) but tax due to the accrual of benefits valued in excess of the permitted annual allowance (particularly those from her extremely generous First Ministerial Pension). (I thought Cameron had abolished the Westminster equivalent but could be wrong)

We still don`t know what she does with all her money - she doesn`t appear to be investing it particularly wisely.

Meantime her husband appears to have £100k lying around that he can lend to his party at a moment`s notice (not that I think that he should publish his return, but the whole thing seems odd.

I think the reason there is little coverage is not some sort of global conspiracy of silence but more the fact that there are are actually comparatively few journalists around, let alone those with tax or pensions expertise, and very many stories to cover.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 14:14

I don`t think you can reasonably request the financial info of the partner of a politician. However, I`d love to see more transparency. Look at all the scandals there`s been with Tory MPs and the Lords. I bet what we`ve seen is just the tip of the iceberg!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 15:23

The only ones that have been found out, an iceberg comes to mind!🤔🐷🐷🐷
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 17:56

Why should we know what the First Minister spends her money on? It won`t be apparent from her tax return so what other information would we be asking to be made public? This is why I`m not totally convinced by demands for `transparency`. As I said, the more information is disclosed, the more will be asked for.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 19:22

Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert
Date: Tue 7 Feb 15:23

The only ones that have been found out, an iceberg comes to mind!🤔🐷🐷🐷

Liz Truss was an iceberg LA :-))

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 19:28

Same intelligence level BPP!🤔💩
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 8 Feb 06:46

Well if it was there then it seems that story has been removed already...

On the BBC Scotland news homepage now and we`ve got something about an SNP mp emails being stolen, two stories about trans hurting the SNP and something about hamza dropping the legal case against the nursery

Don`t see a mention about tax returns but just a doubling down on the negative stories
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 8 Feb 09:24

"We still don`t know what she does with all her money - she doesn`t appear to be investing it particularly wisely."

Based on what?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Feb 09:43

`Topic Originator: DBP
Date: Wed 8 Feb 06:46

Well if it was there then it seems that story has been removed already...`

DBP. if you scroll down to `Latest Updates` and go to page 2 of 50` you`ll find an article headed up as follows :-

Posted at 14:13 7 Feb
Five things about Scottish politicians` tax returns
By Philip Sim

BBC Scotland political correspondent

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Wed 8 Feb 12:28

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Wed 8 Feb 09:24

"We still don`t know what she does with all her money - she doesn`t appear to be investing it particularly wisely."

Based on what?

Maybe because she doesnt appear to have invested in any PPE supply companies, duck ponds that require houses to be maintained or offshore Panama accounts!

Maybe needs to spend more time in London to improve her investment nous and be considered a real politician. 😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Feb 12:45

Minister leads average life. What a shocker.

The National is running a story that someone`s signed her up as a speaker for hire. Scraping the barrel stuff.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 8 Feb 12:46

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 8 Feb 09:43

`Topic Originator: DBP
Date: Wed 8 Feb 06:46

Well if it was there then it seems that story has been removed already...`

DBP. if you scroll down to `Latest Updates` and go to page 2 of 50` you`ll find an article headed up as follows :-

Posted at 14:13 7 Feb
Five things about Scottish politicians` tax returns
By Philip Sim

BBC Scotland political correspondent

Haha - had a look, so I`ve to scroll past about 70 stories, including a page navigation, before I get to it! 😂

Meanwhile there`s another anti SNP story on the front page about an SNP MP slagging of independence route 🤔

Post Edited (Wed 08 Feb 16:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Feb 16:38

[URL/]https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23302114.sturgeon-cant-recall-knew-husband-loaned-snp-107-000/[URL]

Can`t recall when her husband told he gave her party (and his employer) a loan of 107k. He used his own resources though. Sweep sweep.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Feb 17:13

It would have been a much bigger story if the party had given him (or them) a loan.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Feb 17:49

Is this a bit like Reece Mogg`s company lending him £6 million so it doesn`t have to be declared to Westminster?🤔😲🐷🤬
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net