DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Caring Generous Tories
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 14 Mar 17:36

For the many who criticise and malign the Tories will need to rethink and evaluate what Jeremy Hunt is now offering in this years budget for the pensions This is a life changing decision .. shame on you all :-)

The level will rise from £1.07 million to £1.8 million, taking it to the joint highest level on record.

Increasing the allowance means that people could avoid paying as much as £180,000 in tax on their pension pots when they draw money. The policy aims to stop people from reducing their hours or retiring early due to the tax charges.

The government will also raise the annual allowance — the amount people can save each year before incurring tax — from £40,000 to £60,000. The combined cost of the increased allowances is expected to be £2 billion a year.

The lifetime allowance has been cut heavily since it was introduced in 2006, dragging large numbers of professionals into a tax trap. It was due to remain at £1.07 million until 2026.

I am just slightly short of saving £60,000 a year but would like to applaud Jeremy for his generous increases and helping the poor yet again

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Caring Generous Tories
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 14 Mar 22:56

I`m not savvy with economics at all, but surely someone retiring early and drawing a private pension before they reach state pension age simply frees up a job for a young person?

Have we just given up on those on the dole?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 14 Mar 23:15

I think the changes are designed to stop medical consultants retiring early and it`s difficult to replace such experienced doctors.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 15 Mar 11:23

I was surprised there wasn`t a row about them freezing the personal allowance which used to rise each year and give the lower paid some kind of rise.

Is it not frozen for 5 years?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 15 Mar 11:58

Indeed LA, frozen for six years.
And I doubt we’ll get 6 years allowance backdated when it is thawed!
Also you make a good point about the lower paid, surely some link to lower incomes could have made to protect them

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 16 Mar 07:08

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Thu 16 Mar 07:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Mar 18:03

Well we knew all along who would get the benefits!🤔😡🐽🐖🐽🐖🐷

https://leftfootforward.org/2023/03/why-the-budget-fails-ordinary-people-and-benefits-the-rich/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Mar 16:44

Nice to see we`re getting rich!😡

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/mar/20/uuk-workers-wage-stagnation-resolution-foundation-thinktank
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 15 Apr 13:16

Good to see the calibre of politicians we have waiting in the wings!🤔😲😡😡😡

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23455821.tory-msp-stephen-kerr-links-trans-learning-disabilities/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Apr 13:24

Waiting lists decreasing, wondering why?🤔😲💰💰💰

https://talkingupscotlandtwo.com/2023/04/15/scottish-taxpayers-helped-to-fund-cost-of-eradicating-englands-two-year-waiting-list/
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net