DAFC.net
Home 25 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Police investigation into the SNP
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 4 May 13:48

It`s all gone very quiet hasn`t it? Is anyone else surprised that, after almost two years, Police Scotland have apparently still not unearthed enough evidence to press criminal charges of misappropriation of funds?

Today I see the first doubts about the investigation being expressed in the mainstream media. The Daily Record have an article by Murray Foote, the former SNP communications chief who resigned over the shambolic release of the party`s membership numbers, considering the possibility that there will be no case to answer. He draws parallels with the wrongful pursuit for fraud of those involved in the purchase of Rangers which ended up with costs in excess of £50m.

He thought the `optics` of the police raid on the Murrells` house and SNP HQ were a bit over the top and doubts that people of the character of Peter Murrell or Colin Beattie would be involved in anything fraudulent. My own reservations about the whole affair stem from the fact that the previous auditors issued unqualified reports on the SNP`s accounts right up to 31 December 2021 which seems incompatible with any misappropriation of funds going on.

Imagine the Tories` reaction if no charges arise! They`ll be livid that so much public money will have been wasted, won`t they?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Police investigation into the SNP
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 4 May 17:55

Divide and Conquer wee eck .. The quislings will be beside themselves

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 4 May 18:59

Compare Police Scotland response to a political party potentially fraudulently buying a mobile home vs the Mets response to £54,000,000,000 in Tory party Covid fraud.

Pathetic
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 5 May 11:04

Moray Council making ripples I see🤔

But that`s alright their Tories!🤔😎
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 16 May 18:56

I see this is top story on the Scottish news again tonight. It`s quite right that there is some scrutiny and if anything untoward has happened that people are called to account.

It`s also very good timing the the Torys obtained details of a possible delay into the Police Warrant and are making a big song and dance about today.
I`m sure that it`s purely coincidental that what was the big news story, about Tory and royal donor Javad Marandi, this morning, is now no longer important and is hidden away now in the politics section of the BBC App.

Hopefully the same level of investigation into Tory Party donations and funds gifted to the royal family`s charities is carried out, as it seems as though there is little in the way of Anti Money Laundering being carried out on their donors, and very little investigation into it when it is discovered

BBC News - Javad Marandi: Tory donor`s link to massive money laundering probe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61264369
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 May 19:39

There`s no doubt the opposition parties, and the Tories in particular, just want to keep this story in the public eye even if there`s nothing much to add. The media will play ball of course by giving any answer to a FOI request publicity.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 18 May 10:05

Ex Glasgow police Chief Superintendent says search warrant delay of two weeks “stinks to high heaven”
In his 30 rears service it was normal for warrants to be granted within hours, even if very late at night or very early morning. Any hitches resolved in no more than a day.
Urgency was of course required because of the danger of tip offs…
This is honkier than a kit bag of sweaty jockstraps festering in the hold of the away game team bus !

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 May 13:04

I bow to your knowledge of sweaty jockstraps.

I`m sure someone else with knowledge of the procedures involved in obtaining a search warrant said the timescale was quite normal.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Thu 18 May 13:31

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 18 May 13:04

I bow to your knowledge of sweaty jockstraps.

I`m sure someone else with knowledge of the procedures involved in obtaining a search warrant said the timescale was quite normal.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/running-interference/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 May 13:45

Do you get a commission for promoting WOS propaganda?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 May 14:28

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 18 May 13:45

Do you get a commission for promoting WOS propaganda?

Do you never feel there`s something lacking in individuals who spend every waking hour on here ?

Post Edited (Thu 18 May 14:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 May 15:23

I don`t know anyone who does, - or was that a confession?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 May 15:45

Does the individual that said the timescale for the warrant was quite normal have 30 years police experience? Or any relevant experience at all?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 May 16:28

`Sources close to the inquiry` according to the BBC. As it`s a police inquiry presumably that means the source was from the police.

A more interesting question is why it was almost two years into the inquiry before the police asked for a warrant? What exactly have they been doing since the inquiry started in 2021?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 May 18:12

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 18 May 16:28

`Sources close to the inquiry` according to the BBC. As it`s a police inquiry presumably that means the source was from the police.

A more interesting question is why it was almost two years into the inquiry before the police asked for a warrant? What exactly have they been doing since the inquiry started in 2021?

DRoss`s wife is a police sergeant I believe?🤔😲🤥
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 May 19:01

Should he `declare an interest` the next time he asks a question about it?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 18 May 19:54

Can Brian add something to the forum rules about credible sources. I`ll never read a WOS article as they read like fan fiction.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 May 21:45

Quote:

jake89, Thu 18 May 19:54

Can Brian add something to the forum rules about credible sources. I`ll never read a WOS article as they read like fan fiction.

Suck it up. It only takes one and the clique follows...

https://www.vuelio.com/uk/social-media-index/top-10-uk-political-blogs/

https://blog.feedspot.com/uk_political_blogs/

Post Edited (Thu 18 May 21:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 May 22:19

Most read doesn`t mean credible. It means it gives people what they want to hear. The most popular paper in the UK is the bloody Daily Mail!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 May 05:50

Quote:

jake89, Thu 18 May 22:19

Most read doesn`t mean credible. It means it gives people what they want to hear. The most popular paper in the UK is the bloody Daily Mail!

Bit odd though asking the site owner to change the rules because someone is posting a political article on a political forum that obviously sits uneasy with you and no doubt a few others ?

A bit controlling I`d say..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 May 08:24

Or perhaps limits the spread of drivel?

How about this for a compromise? Brian adds a disclaimer in the link that the following website features the thinking of a fantasist? 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 20 May 10:34

Wee Eck raises a good point. Why did it take the police two years to to get a search warrant for Nicola Sturgeons home residence. Was it because getting a warrant requires a certain procedural threshold to be reached and isn`t to be done lightly or is it that while she was first minister she was untouchable and that once she resigned her power and influence no longer shielded her?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 May 10:53

Allegedly the Police tried 3 times over the last 2 years and the Crown/authorities wouldn`t for whatever reason give the Police the go-ahead.
Wouldn`t want to turn this into a conspiracy but when the authority was eventually given there was a rush of resignations.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 May 11:10

`Wouldn`t want to turn this into a conspiracy but...`

That`s got the weekend off to an entertaining start.

I thought the MSM theory was that she resigned because she saw all this inevitable chaos coming down the line and didn`t want to deal with it? Now we`re getting a suggestion that, if only she`d stayed in power, she would have been shielded from it.

`Folk see what they want to see and disregard the rest.`

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 May 11:40

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 20 May 11:10

I thought the MSM theory was that she resigned because she saw all this inevitable chaos coming down the line and didn`t want to deal with it? Now we`re getting a suggestion that, if only she`d stayed in power, she would have been shielded from it.

Exactly , and we'll see independence in our lifetimes

https://wingsoverscotland.com/full-ahead-backwards/#comments

Post Edited (Sat 20 May 11:55)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 May 14:05

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 20 May 11:10

Yeah, she`s the same as them immigrants wot come over `ere and steal ar jobs and ar benefits!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 May 16:00

So SNP accounts have been audited and signed off, stunning silence from the mainstream media!🤔

And still Michelle Mone lies on her sunbed in Portugal!😡
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 May 18:18

Where did you read about the accounts being signed off?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 May 13:06

Per BBC News -

`The SNP`s Westminster group has filed its audited accounts ahead of a deadline, the party has said.

It had faced losing some of its public funding if the accounts were not submitted by midnight on Wednesday.`

One down...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jun 22:33

Looking like the nuSNP might still miss some of the money.
Bit of a worry the amount of seats the red tories could win...

https://www.facebook.com/100066857111580/posts/pfbid032thaeehntrCrksUQ1jUwx47TU1pvDd4S6dEPLPFGbptBSpLxmFfMV2WHYze1Gzyql/?sfnsn=scwspmo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jun 18:06

The Daily Record are now reporting that the police are investigating the possible purchase of computer games. Previously we have been told they were looking at Amazon accounts, then the possible use of `burner` phones. Given the confidentiality of this investigation and the warnings issued about not discussing it in the media, where do they get the information they are reporting and how are they able to publish it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jun 19:15

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 19 Jun 18:06

The Daily Record are now reporting that the police are investigating the possible purchase of computer games. Previously we have been told they were looking at Amazon accounts, then the possible use of `burner` phones. Given the confidentiality of this investigation and the warnings issued about not discussing it in the media, where do they get the information they are reporting and how are they able to publish it?

Down the lodge?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jun 20:26

I`m shocked that the police haven`t arrested Nicola Sturgeon again, held her for hours, and released her again without charge to take the heat of BoJo, Sunak and the tories today. Now this submarines gone missing, that will help push the Party Gate story off the front pages tomorrow
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jun 21:16

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 19 Jun 18:06

Also now reporting cash in envelopes , you couldn`t make it up. nuSNP are just the whipping boy`s and girl`s .

https://wingsoverscotland.com/yellow-for-timewasting/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jun 08:53

Eh? Who are the whippers and whipees?

And at least we know Elsie is innocent because she has said so publicly at least twice, and we all know she’s never told a porky in her puff.

Her memory can be very patchy though…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 20 Jun 10:38

I receive cash in wee brown envelopes pretty regularly, mainly from finance at work or Edinburgh Council Social Work. I then often hand said envelope of cash to somebody whom many of you would consider well dodgy. Other times I keep the envelope of cash for myself.

In fact, from my perspective, passing around cash is what envelopes are for.

All of this envelope passing is perfectly legal and ethical, however it wouldn`t take a genius to present it in a pretty seedy way if their intention was to cast doubt on the characters of those involved.

Using the phrase "envelopes of cash" or "cash in envelopes" without context is a perfect example. In my case the phrase "petty cash" is preferred, "envelopes full of cash" would not be inaccurate, but it would cast a different light on the practice.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jun 14:26

king charles himself accepted 3 separate payment of cash, totalling 3 million Euros, in suitcases and shopping bags from a Qatari official, which was then counted out by his aides.
Not a great deal of scrutiny about that, I await the police getting their forensics tent out in the grounds of buckinham palace, if they are not too busy investigation folk buying 40 quid PlayStation games
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jun 16:10

Another “impromptu” press conference where Sturgeon declares her innocence.. That’s three times in a week. She’ll start believing it herself at this rate.
That rapid involuntary twitching of her mug kind of gives the game away.
Off her rocker.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jun 16:41

It must be hard to avoid an `impromptu` press conference when a posse of journos ambushes you. We all know the members of the media are totally innocent in this affair.

Why not offer your expertise in reading body language to the polis? She must have fooled them if they released her without charge.

What are they doing now? Counting the paper clips?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jun 11:28

Did a posse of journalists ambush her outside her house the other day?

Did they know when she went out and was due back?

Was that her spad standing in the background who later went in the house with her?

Did the spad arrange it all?

Is she waiting for the same bus she flung Salmond under to fling her hubby under ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jun 11:59

The media are obsessed with her- just like you are.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jun 12:32

She’s obsessed with herself and always has been..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jun 15:24

Just back from lunch with an old pal, like me a retired CA. I asked him what he made of the police investigation into the finances of the SNP. Without hesitation or prompting from me he said he found it difficult to reconcile it with the fact that the auditors had signed off the accounts. He said it would not surprise him if there were no charges arising from it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jun 15:48

Dougie Chapman would probably disagree, and as he was the treasurer who resigned over lack of clarity he knows more about it than you pair.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jun 16:00

An SNP man with financial acumen? Isn`t that an oxymoron in your language?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 21 Jun 22:37

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 21 Jun 16:00

An SNP man with financial acumen? Isn`t that an oxymoron in your language?

Nahh, they`re competent when he wants them to be for his agenda
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jun 08:34

Dougie was hand picked for the post because of his lack of financial acumen, but even he would have noticed the ring fenced Indy fund had disappeared had they let him see the books…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jun 09:34

..but the auditors, who presumably have financial acumen, signed off the accounts.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jun 17:53

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 22 Jun 09:34

..but the auditors, who presumably have financial acumen, signed off the accounts.

I wouldn`t waste your time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Jun 08:39

The auditors are not interested in e what the income is spent on, only that the books balance.

SNP HQ could have blew the entire “ ring fenced” Idy fund on caravans cabins and canoes for all they care

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Jun 08:48

You obviously know nothing about the role of auditors. Even if the auditors` only responsibility was to confirm the books :balanced` how could they state that if, as some commentators claim, £600k is `missing`?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Jun 10:44

You forget that members donated money in the belief it would be used for a certain purpose, and it is they who raised concerns. Not the auditors
I repeat, if the auditors have signed off the accounts and that money is not available for the purpose it was obtained for, it has been spent elsewhere and can be accounted for.
Whether that is anything to concern anyone apart from those who may feel duped is another matter.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Jun 10:50

Surely then any money NOT spent on a campaign was spent immorally rather than illegally?

I`m sure a fair few quid of Tory donor money went on Al de Pfeffel Johnson`s wallpaper!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Jun 11:30

Well Jake I’m beginning to wonder if this all a fuss over something which may not involve actual criminality at all!

Post Edited (Fri 23 Jun 11:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Jun 11:43

Some doubts arising in Parboiled`s mind? Wow, what a breakthrough!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Jun 12:03

Quote:

Parboiled, Fri 23 Jun 10:44

You forget that members donated money in the belief it would be used for a certain purpose, and it is they who raised concerns. Not the auditors
I repeat, if the auditors have signed off the accounts and that money is not available for the purpose it was obtained for, it has been spent elsewhere and can be accounted for.
Whether that is anything to concern anyone apart from those who may feel duped is another matter.

It wasn`t just members who donated to the fund.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 23 Jun 12:53

I`m no legal expert but presumably people are aware of risks when making donations and it`s a civil matter rather than a legal one?

I don`t like to speculate (but I will!), but it seems like a lot of resource and money going into what I`d consider a civil matter. If there genuinely isn`t anything illegal then there should be an investigation into why so much time, resource and money has gone into this. We`ve got anti-social behaviour skyrocketing in Fife and not enough officers to respond yet we`ve had a dozen having cups of tea round the Murrell/Sturgeon household!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 14:31

The auditors aren`t entirely satisfied after all it seems.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 14:56

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 30 Jun 14:31

The auditors aren`t entirely satisfied after all it seems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-66065164?fbclid=IwAR0QjtCeEN6ToF0ytg_uB9UdOp-G2yZTys39UL4lz7Pz0ANTu0ZTTKxwkg4

Mischief making by the BBC re nuSNP accounts....who would have believed it,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 15:43

That`s pretty common tbh.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 17:05

It seems to be records that are missing rather than income but I`d like to see the full audit report. Interesting that they also refer to 2021 although the previous auditors didn`t mention a problem.

I was expecting some sort of qualification if the police investigation had not concluded by the time the accounts had to be signed off as this must give rise to uncertainty but there appears to be no mention of it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 17:45

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 30 Jun 17:05

It seems to be records that are missing rather than income but I`d like to see the full audit report. Interesting that they also refer to 2021 although the previous auditors didn`t mention a problem.

I was expecting some sort of qualification if the police investigation had not concluded by the time the accounts had to be signed off as this must give rise to uncertainty but there appears to be no mention of it.

Anything in this blog of interest to you?
Wondering if the politicians are going to have a quiet summer ☀️ recess.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/fun-with-words/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 18:03

I tend to ignore bloggers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 18:36

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 30 Jun 18:03

I tend to ignore bloggers.

Any chance of getting an opinion from your CA friend on the article below...I`m illiterate when it comes to graphs and accounts

https://wingsoverscotland.com/fun-with-numbers/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 19:43

No.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 20:04

It`s all gone very quiet hasn`t it 😕
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 20:31

You`ll be relieved it looks like the SNP will be able to file their accounts in time with the Electoral Commission. 🙁

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 20:41

"Topic Originator: wee eck
Date: Wed 21 Jun 15:24

Just back from lunch with an old pal, like me a retired CA. I asked him what he made of the police investigation into the finances of the SNP. Without hesitation or prompting from me he said he found it difficult to reconcile it with the fact that the auditors had signed off the accounts"

Surely two retired CAs must recognise that signed off accounts isn`t a cast iron guarantee of anything?

You must be aware of the odd accounting scandal that involve audited accounts? Patisserie Valerie, Carillion, Enron?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 21:37

He said he found it difficult to reconcile the investigation with the fact the auditors had signed off the accounts without qualification. Like me he saw it as an anomaly. He wasn`t taking sides.

I doubt the SNP accounts give rise to the sort of issues that might arise in companies like Enron and Carillion though. I`m not aware of the Patisserie Valerie case.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Fri 30 Jun 22:34

Grant Thornton were the auditors of PV for 12 years and were fined 2.3m for incompetence after a 94m black hole was found in the accounts.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/27/patisserie-valerie-auditors-fined-frc-grant-thornton

I doubt there`s similar issues with the SNP accounts as well but the point stands that it`s entirely possible despite the signed off audit.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jul 06:43

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 30 Jun 21:37

He said he found it difficult to reconcile the investigation with the fact the auditors had signed off the accounts without qualification. Like me he saw it as an anomaly. He wasn`t taking sides.

I doubt the SNP accounts give rise to the sort of issues that might arise in companies like Enron and Carillion though. I`m not aware of the Patisserie Valerie case.

The first paragraph you wrote at the very beginning of this listing suggests you had already taken sides...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jul 07:10

I just like to hear both sides of an argument, Tenruh. There`s a tendency on here, and also on the Football Forum, for posters to jump to conclusions without knowing the full facts. It`s sometimes difficult to get them though, especially if the media aren`t even-handed in their coverage.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jul 09:26

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 1 Jul 07:10

I just like to hear both sides of an argument, Tenruh. There`s a tendency on here, and also on the Football Forum, for posters to jump to conclusions without knowing the full facts. It`s sometimes difficult to get them though, especially if the media aren`t even-handed in their coverage.

Everyone has an agenda....I`ve never bought a paper since 16th September 2014
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jul 09:44

Would love to see the books of the water companies in England!🤔😲🤥
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jul 09:45

`Everyone has an agenda....`

That`s something we can agree on!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jul 11:29

Details emerging of conversation between Dougie Chapman and Peter Murrell when both were party officials…

Dougie: “ Peter, I’m hearing rumours about the ring fenced Indy fund, what’s going on?”

Peter: “ Och Dougie, dinnae worry there’s nothing to see there, nothing in it at all”

A very truthful answer!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jul 12:06

Quote:

Parboiled, Sat 1 Jul 11:29

Details emerging of conversation between Dougie Chapman and Peter Murrell when both were party officials…

Dougie: “ Peter, I’m hearing rumours about the ring fenced Indy fund, what’s going on?”

Peter: “ Och Dougie, dinnae worry there’s nothing to see there, nothing in it at all”

A very truthful answer!

Do you do cosplay as well as fan fiction?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jul 13:18

No, I’m more of a Lightning Seeds guy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 09:21

I see a report hidden away on the BBC website that the SNP`s 2022 accounts have been filed on time with the Electoral Commission.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 09:26

wee eck wrote:

> I see a report hidden away on the BBC website that the SNP`s
> 2022 accounts have been filed on time with the Electoral
> Commission.
>
>

Hidden away? It’s literally on the front tab of the BBC Scotland page.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 09:40

I didn`t hear it in this morning`s news bulletin on the radio; nothing like the hysteria surrounding most of the reporting on the SNP`s finance issues.

Post Edited (Sat 08 Jul 09:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 10:04

Poor Eck, such a routine mundane matter has never been in the news before but he has forgotten why

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 10:11

Presumably other political parties have filed their accounts on time without it being a news story.

The fact that filing accounts on time is even a story shows how much of a basket case the SNP are.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 10:25

Folk on here were interested as long as they thought there was a chance accounts wouldn`t be filed on time.

If the police decide there is no case to answer will that get any media coverage or will it be buried because it`s the norm?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 10:32

The fact they had to get an English auditor because no Scottish auditor would touch it with a barge pole dshows the strength of being in the UK…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 10:52

You`re scraping the barrel now. What a surprise. I think they have an office in Scotland anyway.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 11:31

It`s also worth noting that the new auditors were appointed at the beginning of May so it has taken them just over 2 months to examine the accounts and report on them, albeit with a qualification apparently. Compare this with the two years the polis have spent investigating the SNP`s financial affairs without coming to any conclusion apparently.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 13:49

Any chance of creating a Parboiled and wee eck forum just for the 2 of them ????
🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 14:02

We live in a democracy apparently. Everyone`s entitled to an opinion.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 14:16

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 8 Jul 14:02

We live in a democracy apparently. Everyone`s entitled to an opinion.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 17:35

I see e-mails have been released demonstrating that the SNP had no prior warning of the imminent arrests of Murrell and Beattie. The BBC have taken the opportunity to illustrate the story with another picture of the police tent in the Murrells` garden though!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 17:59

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 13 Jul 17:35

I see e-mails have been released demonstrating that the SNP had no prior warning of the imminent arrests of Murrell and Beattie. The BBC have taken the opportunity to illustrate the story with another picture of the police tent in the Murrells` garden though!

This one ?

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/uk-news/2023/04/05/nicola-sturgeons-husband-arrested-in-snp-finances-investigation/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 18:13

Weird how our former PM can`t remember his password for his phone with all the incriminating messages. How odd.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 19:22

Aye, that one Tenruh, from a story that`s more than three months old.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 19:45

Quote:

jake89, Thu 13 Jul 18:13

Weird how our former PM can`t remember his password for his phone with all the incriminating messages. How odd.

Probably used one of his kids names..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Jul 12:52

It`s good to see the BBC questioning Sir Iain Livingstone, Chief Constable of Police Scotland, about the lengthy duration of their investigation into the SNP`s finances and the appropriateness of erecting a forensic tent in the Murrells` front garden. The interview was with Radio 4`s Today programme though. As far as I know none of the Scottish-based media has ever raised these questions with the police.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Jul 13:02

Did they ask him why he he ran a force he himself described as institutionally racist and discriminatory yet did nothing about it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Jul 16:13

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 19 Jul 12:52

It`s good to see the BBC questioning Sir Iain Livingstone, Chief Constable of Police Scotland, about the lengthy duration of their investigation into the SNP`s finances and the appropriateness of erecting a forensic tent in the Murrells` front garden. The interview was with Radio 4`s Today programme though. As far as I know none of the Scottish-based media has ever raised these questions with the police.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-peter-murrell-humza-yousaf-police-scotland-first-minister-b1095394.html
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Jul 17:32

The London Evening Standard reporting on an interview with Radio 4; hats off to the London media for asking questions though but the answers don`t shed a lot of light on what`s been happening. They give Hoy and Baillie a chance to keep the pot boiling though.

Two different firms of auditors have managed to do enough work to report on the accounts for periods covered by this investigation though. Are they working to different standards from those of the police?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Jul 17:47

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 19 Jul 17:32

The London Evening Standard reporting on an interview with Radio 4; hats off to the London media for asking questions though but the answers don`t shed a lot of light on what`s been happening. They give Hoy and Baillie a chance to keep the pot boiling though.

Two different firms of auditors have managed to do enough work to report on the accounts for periods covered by this investigation though. Are they working to different standards from those of the police?

https://youtube.com/shorts/LS5SvHulvRM?feature=share
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Jul 18:14

As I said, his comments don`t tell us a lot; typical legalese.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Jul 18:38

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 19 Jul 18:14

As I said, his comments don`t tell us a lot; typical legalese.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-66244202
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Jul 18:52

The word on the street is this is about more than "just" the 600k. Talking some serious allegations.

However, this could all easily be nonsense.

What I still don`t understand is why other politicians and political parties aren`t being investigated?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Jul 18:54

He said: "I know the full circumstances of the case. The tent was there, as were all the other measures, to protect the interests of justice and to protect the individuals involved. So it was a proportionate and necessary step."

He added: "There`s been a prudent, thorough and proportionate investigation carried out. It`s got a dedicated team of specialists who are involved in it and they are working very closely with our prosecutors - the Crown Office in Scotland - in terms of the steps that are taken. We`ve done the right thing, that the rule of law and interest of justice must prevail."

No details, just generalities, as you would expect.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jul 10:38

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23685243.police-not-reported-cases-prosecution-snp-probe/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jul 11:51

Give them time, LA, they`ve only been at it for two years.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jul 13:00

Oh they’ve been leading you up and doon the garden path longer than that mate!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jul 13:26

You mean over 300 years?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Aug 06:19

It`s there Eck, it`s there....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland/scotland_politics
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Aug 06:40

I`ve just been reading that. As usual it doesn`t tell us very much but could he be preparing us for the possibility that nothing much will come of it? I wonder if it will be completed before the Rutherglen by-election?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Aug 08:10

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 3 Aug 06:40

I`ve just been reading that. As usual it doesn`t tell us very much but could he be preparing us for the possibility that nothing much will come of it? I wonder if it will be completed before the Rutherglen by-election?

It may turnout like the Salmond trial, nothing to see here, guv....

Funny you mention the by-election, that I think will be after the nuSNP stage managed conference which is in October, imagine if the election is the week before conference and they lose the seat.

Post Edited (Thu 03 Aug 08:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Aug 08:46

So the suggestion is that Police Scotland would cover up the investigation it started independently?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Thu 3 Aug 11:19

Quote:

jake89, Thu 3 Aug 08:46

So the suggestion is that Police Scotland would cover up the investigation it started independently?

You consider it unreasonable to consider the police capable of a cover-up?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Aug 11:31

Quote:

Wotsit, Thu 3 Aug 11:19

Quote:

jake89, Thu 3 Aug 08:46

You consider it unreasonable to consider the police capable of a cover-up?

Why would they cover up something they started? They could have turned a blind eye two years ago if they wanted.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Aug 11:51

Who suggested they would cover it up?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Aug 18:17

Tenruh with "nothing to see here guv"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Aug 19:58

Quote:

jake89, Thu 3 Aug 18:17

Tenruh with "nothing to see here guv"

Actually wondered if it was fired in my direction, but I can assure you no malice was intended.

On another matter, it looks like Alba are considering standing a candidate against the unionist and devolution parties in the Rutherglen by-election

Post Edited (Thu 03 Aug 20:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Aug 14:25

Apologies for the confusion Tenruh.

Alba running a candidate would be interesting. I`d still suggest all Alba will do is split the vote resulting in a Labour gain. I`m no big fan of the SNP but Labour seem like they just enjoy losing. Scottish Labour seem misaligned with UK Labour and UK Labour seem quite happy to shoot wide when in front of an open goal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Aug 16:55

If Labour don`t win, or at least come very close to winning then the SNP have weathered the storm and come out the other side relatively unscathed (especially if Sturgeon is cleared of any wrong doing). If the SNP were to win then if would mean that Alba has failed to increase its share of the vote and their race is done before the general election is even called.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Aug 18:43

Whether Alba was challenging in the by-election or not BLIS are rock solid favourites to win the Rutherglen seat.

A party can only last so long in power continually making promises and not delivering . Everything bad that has happened to nuSNP since December will see to that.

What happened to the SNP in the 2017 Westminster election will happen again. The voters will stay at home.

Post Edited (Fri 04 Aug 21:51)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Aug 21:48

It`s gonna be fun....

https://news.stv.tv/politics/rutherglen-and-hamilton-west-why-the-by-election-in-covid-breach-mps-constituency-is-important
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Aug 15:58

Apologies for another wos blog.

Another tent Wee Eck.

Also some interesting comments on the accounts.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/dead-cat-bouncing/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Aug 16:59

Thought the YouGov survey this week showed an increase in support for Independence?🤔😲
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Aug 15:30

Here`s that tent again Eck.....

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-lasting-effect-of-a-single-word/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Aug 19:08

Special agent Tenruh still working for the enemy it seems.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Aug 21:55

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 27 Aug 19:08

Special agent Tenruh still working for the enemy it seems.

It may seem that way but the enemy is who you have your faith in .

But fear not the process of reeling them in started in February.

Post Edited (Sun 27 Aug 22:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Aug 23:11

I don`t put my faith in anybody. That avoids disappointment.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net