DAFC.net
Home 13 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Mhairi Black
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 4 Jul 20:40

Surprised no comments yet. Quitting politics because of how toxic Westminster is.

Regardless of your politics, she`s probably one of the most impressive MPs in years. Such a waste of talent.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Mhairi Black
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Tue 4 Jul 21:47

Got to agree a fantastic politician, big achiever. One of our best.
If every other politician had her energy and determination we`d be independent now.
Do you think she may be eying up a list seat in Holyrood?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jul 22:08

It sounds like she wants out politics for good. But maybe fancies being an MSP to save all the trips to Westminster?

I`ve had the "privilege" of engaging with quite a few Westminster politicians. They openly admit to knowing little about Scottish politics and some wear this ignorance like a badge of honour. Quite depressing really.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 4 Jul 22:47

Energy and determination? Late twenties and she`s had enough.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 4 Jul 23:07

Holyrood bound I would imagine.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 4 Jul 23:24

I`m old enough to remember Bernadette Devlin at Westminster and she never bleated about toxicity or the like, although she confronted it on a daily basis. She never blinked.

Black was a media creation highly promoted by the LGBT /diversity groups fashionable the time and has run her course. I doubt she will be missed by her constituents. The important thing is, she changed nothing. Which means she is employable at her next soft job.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 5 Jul 01:31

Quote:

sammer, Tue 4 Jul 23:24

I`m old enough to remember Bernadette Devlin at Westminster and she never bleated about toxicity or the like, although she confronted it on a daily basis. She never blinked.

Black was a media creation highly promoted by the LGBT /diversity groups fashionable the time and has run her course. I doubt she will be missed by her constituents. The important thing is, she changed nothing. Which means she is employable at her next soft job.

You`re showing how far removed you are there. Mhairi is well liked across the country. She`s had a huge chance in any leadership build I feel
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Jul 06:25

Got to agree with Andrew, you don`t become Westminster deputy leader of the biggest political party in Scotland without determination and ability.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 5 Jul 08:20

Mr T doth over stir the broth…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Jul 08:52

Sammer doing his best to get a job at the Daily Mail there. What ignorant tripe.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 5 Jul 09:18

Tenruh, you`re forever telling us that SNP MPs and MSPs are all careerists who are only interested in picking up their pay cheques and accruing pensions.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 5 Jul 09:57

Tenruh, before Black it was Stewart Hosie and Kirsten Oswald that were the Westminster deputy leaders of Scotland`s biggest political party. I assume you believe they also achieved such a lofty position through having determination and ability?
As for Black I have nothing against her but I fail to see what was so impressive about her with the exception of being elected at such a young age (which also means she`s never really done a proper job in her life). To me she is just another populist politician who peddles in the business of easy to agree with soundbites that have no real substance behind them.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 5 Jul 11:13

Indeed,at least Scoot worked in a call centre for a wee while.

Hosie noted for sharing a mistress with another adulterous SNP Mp.

But Oswald is certainly a heavyweight - you could make a wigwam out of one of her frocks big enough for a family of Apaches

Post Edited (Wed 05 Jul 11:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 5 Jul 15:43

This made me laugh .. from both sides :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-66109163

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 5 Jul 16:11

Brilliant reply to Dowden!🤔👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😆
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Jul 16:37

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 5 Jul 09:57

Tenruh, before Black it was Stewart Hosie and Kirsten Oswald that were the Westminster deputy leaders of Scotland`s biggest political party. I assume you believe they also achieved such a lofty position through having determination and ability?
As for Black I have nothing against her but I fail to see what was so impressive about her with the exception of being elected at such aald young age (which also means she`s never really done a proper job in her life). To me she is just another populist politician who peddles in the business of easy to agree with soundbites that have no real substance behind them.

Hosie a big disappointment, likes to ride a bike though..

Oswald her strings were truly pulled, sitting on the NuSNP NEC as chairperson an item went to a vote which was supported 50 50 and she/it had the casting vote and toed the management line and passed it when she should have supported the status quo allowing further debate....A true traitor to the members who sadly still remain.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net