DAFC.net
Home 16 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Police investigation into Scottish Labour
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 10 Jul 10:57

Police Scotland soon to be chapping someone`s door for this

https://www.snpscandal.com/
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Police investigation into Scottish Labour
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 10 Jul 11:05

I don`t get it Jake? Why would SLab be investigated over that?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 Jul 11:24

Because it`s an active investigation. It can be reported on but not with the levels of conjecture on that site, which could bias the case should one come to court.

The conspiracy theorists might suggest this is intentional given it looks like this investigation is a farce. Get it thrown out and there`s still a hint of wrong doing.

Genuinely have no idea who to vote for at the next election. I`m hoping Dunfermline has a decent independent candidate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 10 Jul 12:24

This is the problem jake .. divide and conquer .. We all have to vote labour to stop the tory`s getting back in .. any vote for green .. independent raving loony et al is a vote wasted in my opinion I normally vote SNP but needs must this time

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 10 Jul 13:07

There`s no way I`ll be voting for a party which can`t tell us what the democratic route to an independence referendum is, even if they don`t agree with independence.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 10 Jul 13:31

I don`t think I can bring myself to vote for the SNP at the next election. Rank incompetence mustn`t be rewarded. If I can be bothered I`ll also won`t renew my membership of the party in September. That said I`m a lazy man so maybe I`ll just keep giving them a pound every month. Maybe if I let her indoors know she`ll track down the standing order and will gladly cancel it.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 10 Jul 16:45

That is just an array of press cuttings, nothing new at all. Jake slavering as usual

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 Jul 17:11

Who to go by, one one side we have the Supreme Court guidelines, on the other we have parboiled, which also describes his arguments.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 10 Jul 18:08

A fine montage compiled from contributions from the even-handed Scottish political media.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 10 Jul 19:28

The video covering it is a cracker!😲
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 17 Jul 18:07

2 child limit not going to be lifted by Starmer?

Scottish Labour in the poo!💩💩💩
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Jul 18:53

Labour have to look right-wing to the English electorate and left-wing to the Scottish electorate and the former is over 10 times the size of the latter.

Post Edited (Mon 17 Jul 18:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Jul 19:33

Not fair to suggest that England is filled with right wingers. England has a lot more scope for pettiness in terms of how they vote. It`s why so many northerners voted Tory and Brexit.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Jul 20:00

Scope for pettiness? I don`t understand what that means. How is their scope any different from ours?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Jul 20:06

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 17 Jul 20:00

Scope for pettiness? I don`t understand what that means. How is their scope any different from ours?

Did any deprived areas of Scotland vote Tory just to make a point even though they knew it would affect them detrimentally?

Did Scotland vote for Brexit to make a point even though they knew it would screw the country over?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Jul 22:13

I thought folk in England voted for the Tories under Boris Johnson because they were in favour of Brexit and they believed he would `get it done`.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Jul 23:00

Boris Johnson wasn`t PM at that point.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Jul 23:30

What election are you referring to? Johnson was PM in December 2019 when the Tories won an 80-seat majority mainly on his platform of `getting Brexit done`.

In the 2016 EU referendum surely folk in England voted for Brexit because they thought it was a good idea rather than `to make a point`.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Jul 23:44

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 17 Jul 23:30

What election are you referring to? Johnson was PM in December 2019 when the Tories won an 80-seat majority mainly on his platform of `getting Brexit done`.

In the 2016 EU referendum surely folk in England voted for Brexit because they thought it was a good idea rather than `to make a point`.

You could use that as an example but I was referring to 2016 where it was felt people voted for Brexit out of apathy around the status quo (the UKs inability to recover from the financial crash and subsequent austerity). Of course, many somehow managed to pin the blame on the monumental failures of a Tory government on the EU, which influenced many in England (and no doubt Scotland to a lesser extent).

You could argue the same in Scotland with so many turning out to vote SNP after failing to get independence. The latest suggestion is people are fed up with the SNP so will vote Labour, who are simply putting a red banner on Tory policies, so maybe the people of Scotland are just as knee-jerk as those in England...though Scotland is unlikely to ever have a Tory majority again.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net