DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Hate Crime in Holyrood
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 16:52

Deputy FM Shona Robison screeches “You`re gonna fall from a very high place” at Tory MSP Stephen Kerr.
Is that a threat to shove him oot a windae?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Hate Crime in Holyrood
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 18:55

Quote:

Parboiled, Tue 26 Mar 16:52

Deputy FM Shona Robison screeches “You`re gonna fall from a very high place” at Tory MSP Stephen Kerr.

Hope so, he`d probably bounce!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 19:08

Quote:

Clearly regarding the death of the Tory party... But you stick with your little conspiracies 🤏
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 19:10

Isn`t Kerr going to try and get back to Westminster?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 22:02

I don`t think I`d be too unhappy if he was to fall out of a window - he`s a thoroughly nasty piece of work
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 23:02

Quote:

Awfully quiet about the comments on Dianne Abbot oddly, weren`t you?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 19:36

If anyone should be thrown out a window.......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 10:31

There’s a queue

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 14:02

So BBC going full tilt on this, what is the difference in comparison to the rest of the UK?

Meanwhile Sunak brings in law against being homeless, not controversial?

Apparently DROSS voted for the Westminster version of the "Hate crime " Bill.🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 14:04

There`s almost no difference whatsoever. People read way too much into these bills. If you want to read into these things that much then consider that King Charles could bring the whole country to a halt if he wanted.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 16:12

McCoist in the Daily Mail today crying that this means he can`t sing songs with his pals about murdering Catholics and having sex with the Pope. Beggars belief.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 16:45

And good old JKRowling, reported in Northumbria for her transgender hate!

Who would have thought that England has the almost same legislation, Sunak obviously doesn`t know!🤔🥳
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 17:02

I don`t know what Rowling`s end game is. She`s not a fan of trans rights but all she seems to do is draw more attention to it. Even Graham Linehan has cooled his jets although that may simply be because he`s "cancelled".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 17:30

Jake it beggars belief because that isn`t what McCoist said. His statement was probably still inaccurate as I don`t think he actually understands what this law prohibits. I can`t be sure though as I don`t understand what it prohibits either.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 17:32

I think it`s good JK Rowling is sticking her head above the parapet about this issue. People should be free to say whatever they want. Everyone else is too scared to question it because of the aggression from the trans community and the threat of being cancelled, which is shutting down any debate. Even stating simple biological facts is being shut down
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 17:43

The issue is it`s a fine line. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but when they start forcing it, it becomes very unpleasant. There is nothing preventing people saying what they please but they need to be aware that being racist, homophobic, sexist etc is a crime and has been for decades.

The thing everyone latches onto his trans people. 99.9% of trans people understand that most don`t understand. They understand you might misgender them or even refuse to use their preferred pronouns, and they don`t care. The issue for me is the tiny proportion of Vicky Pollards giving it "Oh my god I can`t believe you just said that!". Fortunately, the hate crime bill won`t benefit them in the slightest despite what rags like the Daily Mail claim.

Idiots like McCoist seem to confuse what can be "banter" with blatant bigotry. It`s one of the many reasons I`m not a fan of West Central Scotland. The bigotry is so engrained in them that they don`t even see it.

Literally just a few weeks ago our Prime Minister urgently flew back to warn us all about hatred and now he`s standing by writer who has given up on books to spend her day trolling trans people on twitter. The problem with the likes of Rowling is they lower themselves to the level of the people they supposedly dislike.

Edited to add that no-one is preventing anyone stating biological facts. Police Scotland have covered this. Being honest, some people are just looking for things to be offended by 😂

Post Edited (Tue 02 Apr 17:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 18:40

Come on Jake , you`ve just offended a large number of people in West Central Scotland by tagging them along with the idiots who spout bigoted banter .

😉🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 18:48

It`s okay, you can still state facts and I`m happy to pull out the figures displaying how sectarian and vile west Central Scotland is...and that`s just the reported stuff 😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 10:25

I see JK Rowling has been amusing herself by winding up various *wifies” with dangly bits, some of them convicted sex offenders, rapists, also telly presenters “female” athletes etc

I guess JK will be disappointed to hear she won’t be arrested as cops say no crime committed, but..is her name on file now, like Murdo Fraser, and will she go to town on that?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 11:29

Rowling is just diluting her point with nonsense like this. Her legitimate concern is about sexual offences but she`s muddying this with linking to trans rights. Just my opinion but there shouldn`t be specific rights for particular groups. Everyone follows the same rules and you get the same punishment whether male, female, other. We see it all the time that women get lighter sentencing than men yet no-one seems fussed by that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 18:47

Quote:

jake89, Tue 2 Apr 16:12

McCoist in the Daily Mail today crying that this means he can`t sing songs with his pals about murdering Catholics and having sex with the Pope. Beggars belief.

Is McCoist not actually working on a game in England that day? 🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 23:11

Quote:

Dave_1885, Wed 3 Apr 18:47

Quote:

jake89, Tue 2 Apr 16:12

Is McCoist not actually working on a game in England that day? 🤔

Certainly working at Man City game tonight, he really really was!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net