DAFC.net
Home 29 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Upcoming election - who to vote for
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 11:25

Not seeking to hear who people are specifically voting for but seeing this as a hard choice.

Naz Anis Miah (SNP) - Councillor to MP is a big step. Don`t know much about him but seems to be man about town in Abbeyview. SNP perhaps not popular given media coverage of the GRA and Hate Crime bill, plus where`s that independence?!
Graeme Downie (Labour) - as above. Seems a decent candidate. Definitely putting himself about, which is nice to see. However, Labour not exactly taking advantage of what should be an open goal nationally. Reports that their Kirkcaldy candidate having questionable morals.
??? (Lib Dem) - who is their candidate for D&D? Probably irrelevant as little chance of election.
??? (Green) - as above. Whoever it is I suspect will have a hard time given what appears to be a lack of action over Grangemouth and it being blamed on them, which isn`t fair.
??? (Alba) - lol.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Upcoming election - who to vote for
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 11:45

Which constituency is this? Isn`t there a Tory candidate?

For anyone seeking independence I can`t see any logic in voting for anyone other than the SNP despite their faults.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 11:51

Dunfermline and Dollar. I`d genuinely forgotten the Tories. I couldn`t even tell you who their candidate was last time! There isn`t one listed. I also missed Danny Smith from the SFP who I`m sure will receive tens of votes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 11:58

I agree wee eck

I’m not an snp member or particularly enamoured with them… but they are the only vehicle for independence!

Any other vote will be interpreted as a vote for the union and will kick independence even further into the long grass
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 13:14

Is there not a Labour/Tory agreement that only one candidate is getting selected to challenge the SNP as not to split the Unionist vote?

Post Edited (Wed 10 Apr 14:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 14:24

I`m not convinced they`re now an Independence party. If someone can convince me otherwise great....they strike me that they`re more devolutionist than Independence minded.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 16:11

I`d agree Tenruh but my concern would be that even Labour could potentially take that devolution away.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 17:15

They’re still the only real game in town - even if they are going as bit softly-softly
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 08:31

Labour candidate for Kirkcaldy suspended.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 10:57

Labour candidate in Cowdenbeath is in a bit of bother as well?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 11:56

Same constituency LA

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 12:18

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 11 Apr 11:56

Same constituency LA

So it is!😲👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 13:00

Labour could put a red rosette on a monkey and they`ll win that seat.

SNP have just selected their candidate for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath and Neile Hanvey standing for Alba only one outcome there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 18:56

For Cowdenbeath and Kirkcaldy will be the same as Dunfermline - Labour or SNP. No danger of Hanvey getting elected 😂

Who are the SNP and Lib Dems for Kirkcaldy?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 06:59

Quote:

jake89, Thu 11 Apr 18:56

For Cowdenbeath and Kirkcaldy will be the same as Dunfermline - Labour or SNP. No danger of Hanvey getting elected 😂

SNP Lesley Bankhouse, just announced.
Serial trougher, local councillor for Burntisland. No Green or libdem announced.
Re my first paragraph above.

Don`t know what Alba are playing at. Not even showing a 1% support on the latest poll but Reform getting 5%.

The problem we`ve now got in Scotland is both Salmond and Sturgeon are toxic politicians and the movement have splintered because of their presence.

Labour will walk the Kirkcaldy constituency .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 10:18

Quote:

Tenruh, Fri 12 Apr 06:59

Quote:

jake89, Thu 11 Apr 18:56

SNP Lesley Bankhouse, just announced.
Serial trougher, local councillor for Burntisland. No Green or libdem announced.
Re my first paragraph above.

Don`t know what Alba are playing at. Not even showing a 1% support on the latest poll but Reform getting 5%.

The problem we`ve now got in Scotland is both Salmond and Sturgeon are toxic politicians and the movement have splintered because of their presence.

Labour will walk the Kirkcaldy constituency .

“Serial trougher” - what?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 10:39

I think he means she`s been a councillor for a few years. This appears to be the starting point for most MSPs and MPs though? The other independence candidate (Hanvey) was a councillor for even longer.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 12:56

If the Indy movement have splintered, then Alba would be doing better no?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 13:27

There was a poll the other day which indicated support for Labour re the Westminster election had edged ahead of the SNP for the first time since the 2014 referendum. I think the same poll still had `Yes` ahead of `No` on the question of independence though (which wasn`t widely reported funnily enough).

That suggests there are many supporters of independence who aren`t planning to vote SNP at the General Election. Who are they going to vote for - or are they planning to abstain?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 13:27

Trougher, is that meaning they are like pigs in the trough? I would imagine if anyone is a councillor it`s a whole load of hassle and hard work, for little recognition. Fair play to anyone that gives up their time to do it. Probably a long way from the bungs, cash for questions and donations that the Westminster MPs pick up.

BTW, I`m sure by now everyone realises that Tenruh is a Unionist plant, one of many. Pretending to be in favour of Independence but doing everything in his power to destabilise and divide the Yes movement.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 13:47

The only thing destabilising the independence movement is the SNP who have had two elections and still haven`t moved any further forward with gaining independence. Say Scotland votes a majority of SNP MPs again, what will change? That is what they need to be clear about. Remember, all the "free" stuff is nothing to do with the Westminster lot so what are they going to do for us?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 14:06

It takes a plant to know one unless you’re a cabbage

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 16:00

Will never ever ever vote for a Unionist party. So that leaves only one….at the moment…. for me.

It is interesting to see that Labour are neck a neck with SNP but the latest opinion poll for independence has Yes 2 points ahead.

SNP better have a clear and unequivocal statement in their manifesto regarding independence..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 16:03

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 12 Apr 13:27

There was a poll the other day which indicated support for Labour re the Westminster election had edged ahead of the SNP for the first time since the 2014 referendum. I think the same poll still had `Yes` ahead of `No` on the question of independence though (which wasn`t widely reported funnily enough).

That suggests there are many supporters of independence who aren`t planning to vote SNP at the General Election. Who are they going to vote for - or are they planning to abstain?

In 2015 Roger Mullen won the Kirkcaldy constituency by 10,000+ votes 🗳

The following year England voted to come out of the EU , setting the best opportunity ever for Scotland to leave the toxic UK 🇬🇧.

In 2017 Theresa May called a snap election because of infighting in her own party re the terms of leaving the EU.

At the start of the election campaign our leader decided to tell the Scottish electorate that this GE was not for independence???????.the SNP went on to lose 20+ seats.

One of the seats the SNP lost was the Kirkcaldy one, the Labour candidate won it with just 200+ more votes than they achieved in the 2015 GE.

Is the SNP vote going to stay at home ? You bet they are , and the longer they remain in coalition with the Greens in Holyrood they`re going to lose their control there also.

It took Scotland from 1958 till 2015 to rid ourselves of the Unionist control of Scotland and less than10 years to let them back in.

How did that happen ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 17:01

You seem to have conveniently forgotten the result in Scotland of the 2019 General Election where the SNP won 48 0f the 59 seats. How do you explain that?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 18:16

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 12 Apr 17:01

You seem to have conveniently forgotten the result in Scotland of the 2019 General Election where the SNP won 48 0f the 59 seats. How do you explain that?

He cant……
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 18:28

He`ll be away to ask WOS what the answer is...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 18:34

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 12 Apr 18:28

I`d say he`d be away asking Parboiled but I think they are the same person
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 19:00

Quote:

red-star-par, Fri 12 Apr 18:34

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 12 Apr 18:28

I`d say he`d be away asking Parboiled but I think they are the same person

Here we go again, already had one poster make the same allegation and bottle it when challenged.

If you want we could put a wager on say £500 that I've never posted under any name other than Tenruh on the politics threads 🐔

Post Edited (Fri 12 Apr 19:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 19:04

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 12 Apr 18:16

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 12 Apr 17:01

He cant……

They promised something they couldn`t deliver.....but lying eventually caught up with them.

Here`s one for you.

Why have the SNP lost 50,000 members since 2018 ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 19:13

Scottish Labour 4,000 members?🤔😲🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 19:30

Nobody can tell us how independence can be delivered in what claims to be a democratic union. It`s not the SNP`s fault.

I`ve never felt the need to join a political party so I can`t explain why people would cancel their memberships. Even the UK Labour party has been losing members I understand despite their popularity in the polls.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 19:38

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 12 Apr 19:30

Nobody can tell us how independence can be delivered in what claims to be a democratic union. It`s not the SNP`s fault.

I`ve never felt the need to join a political party so I can`t explain why people would cancel their memberships. Even the UK Labour party has been losing members I understand despite their popularity in the polls.

Surely the SNP should have known it wasn`t in their gift to promise Independence in their manifestos.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 19:58

I`m sure the Unionist media would have expressed a contradictory view on it. Do you think all SNP voters were like you, believing that because it was in the SNP`s manifesto it was guaranteed to happen?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 20:24

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 12 Apr 19:58

I`m sure the Unionist media would have expressed a contradictory view on it. Do you think all SNP voters were like you, believing that because it was in the SNP`s manifesto it was guaranteed to happen?

Not all, but probably 50,000 of them believed in the background they were working away towards independence.. but in truth nothing was happening whatsoever.

I also started getting a bit concerned when the branch secretary at every meeting would complain that any mails and contact with headquarters went unanswered.

Post Edited (Fri 12 Apr 20:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 12:28

Topic Originator: wee eck
Date: Fri 12 Apr 19:30

It’s quite simple really. Show that the terms of the treaty of Union have been broken…..they have… multiple times. And on that basis have a referendum with or without WM blessing. If the UN sanction it then that’s all we need. The Scottish people are sovereign. Playing by WM rules will never bring independence.

Personally I think that there should be simultaneous referendums on Irish unification, Scottish and Welsh independence on the same day…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:45

We`ve got scumbags everywhere. Lord Bamford owes you, me and every other taxpayer in this country £500m. Will he pay it? Will he bugger. Will Mone pay? Don`t be daft. But turn on our neighbour for being a single parent and claiming universal credit. Turn on Labour politicians for potentially avoiding paying £1k in tax. Turn on yourself for getting a £50 Fire stick.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 08:49

Looks like the naughty Alba and Greens 💚 who allegedly won`t gain a single MP are certainly going to muddy the the waters for the SNP and their continuity candidate....Nigel Farage comes to mind

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/snp-humza-yousaf-first-minister-keir-starmer-research-b1151366.html
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 09:56

SNP, Greens and Alba will not gain a single seat in the autumn. Labour will probably a gain a couple of dozen and the Lib Dems just a couple.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 11:14

Gordon Brown admitting nationalism is on the front foot, WOW!

Must be the feel good factor at San Starko!🤔🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 11:23

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24253265.gordon-brown-admits-independence-campaign-stronger-unionism/?ref=twtrec
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 11:49

From traitor to hero…so, support for Indy is exactly the same. That’s fine Gordon, they lost!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 11:58

Gordon Brown was giving the interview to highlight the network of multi banks (think food banks but not for food, other essential every day items) that he has helped to set up.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 14:36

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Tue 16 Apr 09:56

SNP, Greens and Alba will not gain a single seat in the autumn. Labour will probably a gain a couple of dozen and the Lib Dems just a couple.

I think the nuSNP will still get at least one seat. The only Independence party have still got a long way to go to secure a seat and the Greens 💚 will achieve nothing either, except lose their deposits

With the Greens, Alba and Independents for Independence standing nuSNP will lose around 15 to 20 seats....no more than they deserve for making a fool of the electorate.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 16:23

I meant gain. They`ll finish the day with less seats than they started as will Alba.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 20:38

Aren`t Alba nuSNP?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 20:54

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Tue 16 Apr 11:58

Gordon Brown was giving the interview to highlight the network of multi banks (think food banks but not for food, other essential every day items) that he has helped to set up.

His way of giving back to the community that he helped f*ck over…..what a hero of a man! 🙄
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 21:17

Yes, wonderful speech on the eve of Indy ref… totally effed Salmond right oot the park!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net