DAFC.net
Home 27 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ha Ha wish we were a threat
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Tue 14 May 08:51

Wonder how the redactor thinks we`ll be independent in 5 years?

https://www.holyrood.com/news/view,rishi-sunak-singles-out-scottish-nationalists-as-he-warns-of-threats-to-uk-in-major-speech

Post Edited (Tue 14 May 08:52)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ha Ha wish we were a threat
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 14 May 10:24

Scottish nationalism = bad
British (English) nationalism = good.

Great, got it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 10:49

The Stewart Kirkpatrick questionnaire is in bold at the bottom of the article above the "donate" bar.

The National doesn`t open but you can read the comments by clicking on the "comments " link.

https://peterabell.scot/2024/05/14/yes-we-didnae/

Post Edited (Tue 14 May 10:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Wed 15 May 12:33

Great, got it.

Are you saying it`s the other way round?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 15 May 13:34

Rishi Sunak seems to agree with Jake`s interpretation. This is what he said the other day :-

`And from gender activists hijacking children’s sex education to cancel culture, vocal and aggressive fringe groups are trying to impose their views on the rest of us. They’re trying to make it morally unacceptable to believe something different and undermine people’s confidence and pride in our own history and identity. Scottish nationalists are even trying to tear our United Kingdom apart.`

It`s OK to have pride in your own history and identity but not if you`re a Scottish nationalist? Incidentally, I don`t think Brexiteers were ever characterised as `tearing the EU apart`. They just wanted to `take back control`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 15 May 17:40

Good Post wee eck

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 15 May 18:38

Seems the tide has turned against the trans activists trying to force their ideology on the rest of us. For a time everyone was afraid to speak out for fear of being cancelled, but now Starmer and even Sunak have realised it`s not a vote winner and spoke out against it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 15 May 18:42

Well according to Viceroy Jack we`re going to be in a "Unionist Regime " by 2026!

After being classed as terrorists 2 days ago it makes you wonder about the underlying forces that are at work?

And we are getting a nuclear power station on our shores just to make sure England doesn`t run out of energy.

Enough room to build one down souf with all that radio active waste, there`s plenty room.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 15 May 22:00

Quote:

McCaig`s Tower, Wed 15 May 12:33

Great, got it.

Are you saying it`s the other way round?

No, what I`m pointing out is absolute hypocrisy.

Whether you want an independent Scotland or not is up to you but I`d say neither side is necessarily "wrong". There are pros and cons to Independence and continuing in the UK. Anyone saying otherwise is deluded.

What we have here is a PM who desperately needs a better PR team has this isn`t the first time he`s made ridiculous statements like this.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 May 22:06

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 15 May 18:42

Well according to Viceroy Jack we`re going to be in a "Unionist Regime " by 2026!

After being classed as terrorists 2 days ago it makes you wonder about the underlying forces that are at work?

And we are getting a nuclear power station on our shores just to make sure England doesn`t run out of energy.

Enough room to build one down souf with all that radio active waste, there`s plenty room.

He`s not wrong though. The likelihood is we`ll have Labour minority or a Lab/Lib coalition meaning any opposition to nuclear in Scotland will be gone. I`d suspect people in some of the communities where existing plants will close will welcome the jobs. However, this is where the Green in me feels more needs done to encourage economic development in energy jobs to move from gas/oil/nuclear given we don`t really need it in Scotland. I believe there are plans for battery storage around Kincardine and to me that`s a potential future. Perhaps not the greenest solution but it moves us away from reliance on fossil fuels.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 06:34

Maybe there is another route to independence.

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2024/05/15/a-extremist-confesses/#respond
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net