DAFC.net
Home 16 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Paula Vennells
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 23 May 07:41

This probably deserves it`s own thread?

I don`t think the tears fooled anyone? It`s amazing how her memory has failed.

If, at the end of all of this shameful episode, she and some of her cohorts don`t get sent down, will be akin to pouring a mountain of salt into a chronic wound, for those vilified sub-postmasters and their families

Post Edited (Thu 23 May 07:44)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Paula Vennells
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 23 May 08:24

Totally agree Raymie

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 23 May 10:27

If you were to believe the evidence given to this enquiry by top executives it seems that they didn`t actually know what was happening in the organisation they were supposed to be leading. So, if they were telling the truth, they weren`t up to the job but, if they were lying, they were party to the cover-up.

It makes you wonder how they managed to secure these top jobs in the first place. What are the attributes recruiters look for in candidates for these posts - relevant expertise, integrity, accountability, attention to detail, etc? No; it seems a brass neck is the main requirement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 23 May 10:49

Inquiry will follow same path as others, nobody in jail, no Executive bonuses paid back, a whitewash!

It's great that they can show screen shots of mobile messages yet the highest government intelligence services couldn't retrieve Johnsons nor Sunaks.

"I don't recall" is the trending reply, yet again.

7 years since Grenfell and still nothing, justice only applies to poor people!🤬

Post Edited (Thu 23 May 10:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 23 May 10:56

LA they couldn`t retrieve Sturgeons messages either. Funny that eh?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 23 May 11:20

GCHQ will NEVER publicly reveal what they can and can`t intercept/recover, and rightly so.

Personally, I think they probably could have recovered the missing WhatsApps - but proving that capability to aid the Covid enquiry would probably compromise every single other intelligence operation they are running. That trade off isn`t worth it.

Sunak and Johnson knew this when the decide to claim that the WhatsApps were lost.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 May 11:46

You have to commend the sub-postmasters that are present in the room. I`m certain I wouldn`t have been able to control my emotions.

"I don`t recall"
"Not to my knowledge"
"That was my understanding"
"I wasn`t involved in that decision"

I wonder how many times these four phrases will be used?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 23 May 12:17

It was also telling how often she agreed with the interpretation Jason Beer KC was putting on her messages but claimed that wasn`t the impression she meant to give at the time. That`s a stunning admission of an inability to express oneself clearly from somebody in such a key position where good communication skills would be essential.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 23 May 13:14

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 23 May 10:56

LA they couldn`t retrieve Sturgeons messages either. Funny that eh?

Yeah, but Viceroy Jack didn`t even comply!

Covid enquiry news has gone strangely quiet, especially now when the top civil servant is giving evidence.

The guy that pulled a sicky on the first hearing!

Just appeared on telly at 13.20.

Post Edited (Thu 23 May 13:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 May 14:07

"I wanted Vennells to be dragged away in handcuffs like I was. She should be in handcuffs. Then she will have only an inkling of what I and so many have been through. We will be affected for the rest of our lives - she and the others should also have the same sentence. They are the real criminals - She is the real criminal."

Campaigner and former subpostmistress Seema Misra, 48, has been fighting for justice alongside Alan Bates.

Seema became a sub-postmistress in West Byfleet in Surrey in June 2005 and was suspended in January 2008 after an audit found a discrepancy of £74,000 in her accounts. She endured a two-year-long investigation that included having her house searched. She was eight weeks pregnant with her second child when she was handed a 15-month sentence in 2010 for six counts of false accounting and one of theft. The 48-year-old mother-of-two even had to give birth wearing a tag.

Post Edited (Thu 23 May 14:08)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net