DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The BBC
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 07:54

I saw it mentioned that the BBC haven`t reported on the Leven railway reopening. I just checked and this is correct. It`s not on the BBC Scotland homepage or under the Fife news. They`ve reported LEZ but not Leven. Are BBC Scotland genuinely ignoring good news story in Scotland?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The BBC
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 08:27

This is in the correct topic, Swinney hijacked it for blatant electioneering

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 08:37

It should have still been possible to report on it though in a very matter of fact way without giving airtime to any politicking by Swinney. Maybe the BBC are being sensitive to any accusations of favouritism to the ruling party in Scotland by not reporting on this new rail link since they also aren`t reporting on the 450 million pounds that had to be returned to the EU for being unspent in part because in the last nine years Scotland had been suspended five times from the scheme for auditing and account issues. Granted it would be a lot harder for the BBC to report on that without being political.

Post Edited (Sun 02 Jun 08:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 08:53

"A new rail link to Leven opened today. The new hourly service to Edinburgh will run via Kirkcaldy."

Not exactly hard.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 09:33

A joyous march to intimidate BBC HQ staff is called for

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 10:13

Quote:

Parboiled, Sun 2 Jun 09:33

A joyous march to intimidate BBC HQ staff is called for

A continuous disregard for ignorance is called for by some it would appear?

How can you support a media outlet that appears intent on ignoring a good news story?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 10:43

Jake - He probably worked for them once upon a time or colluded with them during his time at the Scotland Office.

Tin foil hat stuff honestly...The best one was the greetin about the Scottish government saying they "want to take my identity away" 🤣

As I said, I`m genuinely torn as to whether Parboiled is a genuinely awful troll or a rather dangerous and deluded extremist! 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 15:41

I remember the old folk song - “It’s no the leaving of Leven thats grieving me it’s the going back again..sob”

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 08:13

Parboiled not bothered in the slightest that our main broadcaster, one that receives millions of pounds from us every year chooses to cover important news like the lack of Mother`s Pride bread over the successful reopening of a railway line that will improve job opportunities in an area of deprivation. But the bread...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 09:09

I do find it unusual but the BBC seem to be not reporting a number of stories , both positive and negative in terms of the government, recently. We`ve got the rail link , the story about the EU funds being returned as they couldn`t be spent due to accounting irregularities and now I can`t find anything about the bumper pay rise announced for Scottish civil servants.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 09:58

3% p/a is surely below inflation so probably not worth reporting on. The EU funding is maybe not reported on as it was the same UK-wide so could be argued to affect the UK election?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 12:26

Maybe waiting on DROSS making a remark or political point about it?🤔W⚓️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 13:09

I find the BBC are very slow to report lots of stories, not just political ones. Yesterday they were trailing the story on the BBC Sport website that Bob MacIntyre was leading the Canadian Open by four shots going into the last round but it took them about 9 hours to report that he`d won it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 15:31

Eck is so busy scouring newspapers and tv channels looking for grievances I don’t know how he gets time to change his socks

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 15:38

It wasn`t Eck who raised this, it was me. I`m still baffled at why this isn`t reported by the BBC. I know they live in a Glasgow bubble but it`s a fairly significant announcement, certainly bigger than Hovis apologising for a lack of bread.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 15:40

Successful railway reopening not reported but they have reported that a doctor found a raisin in a little girl`s nose.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 15:54

Topic Originator: Parboiled
Date: Mon 3 Jun 15:31

Eck is so busy scouring newspapers and tv channels looking for grievances I don’t know how he gets time to change his socks

If ever there was a case of the pot calling the kettle black then this is it. Based on your posts on here you seem to trawl social media looking for SNP b-a-a-a-d stories, even looking at SNP politicians` own social media accounts. I don`t think you`ve ever commented on any of the numerous Westminster scandals we`ve suffered in the last 14 years.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 19:29

Quote:

jake89, Mon 3 Jun 15:40

Successful railway reopening not reported but they have reported that a doctor found a raisin in a little girl`s nose.

That must have been in the currant affairs segment
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 20:08

I think they should be given credit for raisin` awareness of health issues.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 20:29

I`ve raisin to doubt the value of the story.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 20:37

Should have been on Jeremy Vine?

Post Edited (Mon 03 Jun 20:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 4 Jun 13:35

Perhaps the railway opening never made it on to the news because they had to prune back good news stories that day
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net