DAFC.net
Home 18 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Trump’s picked a cracker
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 06:41

His choice as prospective VP is Senator JD Vance, who has described the UK under Labour as “the first Islamist state with nuclear weapons.”

Maybe it’s just what passes as humour over there....

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Trump’s picked a cracker
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 08:29

He also called Trump a moral disaster and America`s Hitler

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 09:56

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Trumps motto.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 17 Jul 13:18

Quote:

buffy, Wed 17 Jul 09:56

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Trumps motto.

Not a bad idea, better having him inside the tent peeing out, than outside peeing in
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 02:53

A great pick. Was hoping for Ben Carson, but JD was high on my list.

I read Hillbilly Elegy years ago, a harrowing read about the tragedy of depression and dysfunction in Appalachia. Vance will play well in the rust belt and swing states with blue-collar voters where Trump is getting close to a double-digit lead in polls now which have traditionally underpredicted republican numbers.

Also Vance`s move from never-Trumper to a fully paid up MAGA man also appeal to many who have been walking that road after Biden`s disastrous term where the borders have been flung open, wars proliferated, inflation through the roof and indoctrination in schools.

It`s good to have a bit more of conservative populist as a running mate which should do well alongside a non-ideologue like Trump. RFK Jnr also being lined up for a role in 47`s administration with regard to vaccine safety, Bill gates won`t talk Trump out of it this time.

The "`First Truly Islamist Country with nuclear weapons" was just a joke, Iran will get it`s nuclear weapons before the UK`s tipping point, we`ll just have to be happy with second place.

I see former former Vice President Biden has covid, I wish him well in his recovery and hope he is soon fighting fit again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 10:16

What a depressing post. I`ve always thought Americans were slightly mad - especially those of the Republican persuasion. Their attitude to gun control epitomises that - the solution to gun violence is more guns! The fact that someone - a registered Republican apparently - tried to shoot Trump just seems to have hardened that attitude.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 17:24

Comes across as a genuinely nice guy .. :-((

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cpe3pz2pz8no

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 17:38

As they say, low level thinkers talk about individuals…
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 17:49

I`ve seen a couple of references to a story about him shagging a couch. Anyone know any more? Don`t really want to Google it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 22:38

I watched the film based on JD Vance`s book Hillbilly Elegy. It was an average movie, had Glenn Close in it, reprising the role of Mrs Doubtfire. Basically, the guy was from a kind of trailer trash background and worked fairly hard and dragged himself out of it. The main character in the film was likeable enough. Judging by what I have seen of him recently though, he seems like a thoroughly unlikeable person in real life, so probably well suited to be Trumps running mate
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net