DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Happy 10TH Anniversary
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 08:45

How fitting, 10 years to the day We find ourselves without an oil refinery and celebrating getting the chance to once again hold the Colonial Games.

Well done, Scotland, we`ve got what we deserve .
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Happy 10TH Anniversary
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 12:04

Surely as a former colony an independent Scotland would still be a host of, or particpant in the Commonwealth Games?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 12:59

I heard Douglas Alexander MP on the radio this morning saying that Scotland had regressed in the last 10 years. He seemed to be implying that was down to the devolved SNP government at Holyrood which didn`t augur well for independence. His argument might have had some credibility if the rest of the UK had been flourishing during that time. Again the benefits of the Union are illusory rather than real.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 15:54

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 18 Sept 12:59

I heard Douglas Alexander MP on the radio this morning saying that Scotland had regressed in the last 10 years. He seemed to be implying that was down to the devolved SNP government at Holyrood which didn`t augur well for independence. His argument might have had some credibility if the rest of the UK had been flourishing during that time. Again the benefits of the Union are illusory rather than real.

Why, then, did the SNP lose 90% of their representation at the last GE ?

The only reason Alexander was on the radio this morning was due to the abject failure of the SNP.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 16:29

My reading of the General Election campaign was that many voters in Scotland thought `austerity` was a policy of the Holyrood government rather than the Westminster one and that the SNP`s representatives at WM should be punished accordingly. Needless to say, the media did not see the need to disabuse them of this notion.

Douglas Alexander was on the radio this morning as a representative of the `No` side in 2014. Representatives from both sides were interviewed including Blair Jenkins, Blair McDougall and Alex Salmond. Can`t you take part in a rational discussion of independence without betraying your animosity towards the SNP?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 16:37

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 18 Sept 16:29

My reading of the General Election campaign was that many voters in Scotland thought `austerity` was a policy of the Holyrood government rather than the Westminster one and that the SNP`s representatives at WM should be punished accordingly. Needless to say, the media did not see the need to disabuse them of this notion.

Douglas Alexander was on the radio this morning as a representative of the `No` side in 2014. Representatives from both sides were interviewed including Blair Jenkins, Blair McDougall and Alex Salmond. Can`t you take part in a rational discussion of independence without betraying your animosity towards the SNP?

Nope, the SNP have totally shafted the electorate. And believe me if the SNP don`t get their act together for the Scottish election it`s job done by the establishment.

https://open.substack.com/pub/dearscotland/p/the-fiction-of-british-democracy?r=hzhx5&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

Don't know if I should laugh or cry...

https://www.facebook.com/share/nR715HEoJTZTkzTT/

Post Edited (Wed 18 Sep 17:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 17:26

I don`t know how many times this needs said - The SNP would not lead an independent Scotland. It would have served its purpose.

It would be far more likely a true Labour party would run Scotland.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 17:33

A quick scan of that first article suggests it`s a critique of British democracy, nothing to do with the SNP; not sure how the second piece reflects badly on the SNP either.

As usual with you, you`re so anxious to play the man you usually miss the ball.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 18:45

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 18 Sept 17:33

A quick scan of that first article suggests it`s a critique of British democracy, nothing to do with the SNP; not sure how the second piece reflects badly on the SNP either.

As usual with you, you`re so anxious to play the man you usually miss the ball.

The first article if you want a "quick" scan is the last 2 paragraphs which suggests the SNP have been neutered, which they have and the general public know it.

The second article slightly suggests we`ll be in the same situation as we are today, no closer to independence , with probably a Unionist coalition in Scotland.

Post Edited (Wed 18 Sep 18:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 19:05

Quote:

jake89, Wed 18 Sept 17:26

I don`t know how many times this needs said - The SNP would not lead an independent Scotland. It would have served its purpose.

Labour Party absolutely bombing in the polls, too many absent MP`S with no ambition other than to line their own pockets !

And maybe get a free wardrobe?🤔😲🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 19:22

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 18 Sept 19:05

Quote:

jake89, Wed 18 Sept 17:26

Labour Party absolutely bombing in the polls, too many absent MP`S with no ambition other than to line their own pockets !

And maybe get a free wardrobe?🤔😲🤣

There`s not a single thing the SNP have ever achieved in Wasteminster, so I`d suggest you could aim your comments at them also.

Pete Wishart boasts about sitting in there for 20+years, he should be ashamed of himself

Post Edited (Wed 18 Sep 19:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 19:57

All door`s closed now.....they`re out in 2026 and the yoons will be back in for a generation.
Unless, of course they don`t get their budget through in December .

https://wingsoverscotland.com/an-unduly-restrictive-view-of-salvation/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 20:25

Never mind chaps, according to the Natz`s version of Pravda, IndyRef2 is happening any day now...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 20:34

Just close Holyrood and get it over and done with - Indy is dead in the water now. Just hand it to our overlords and let us die quicker and skinter.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 05:58

Quote:

Dave_1885, Wed 18 Sept 20:34

Just close Holyrood and get it over and done with - Indy is dead in the water now. Just hand it to our overlords and let us die quicker and skinter.

Devolution was never a good idea. You can only go so far, and when the actual owner then decides to continually shrink your budget, you are then seen in a bad light.

That said, when you put the wrong people into positions of power, you doubled up the problems .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 07:00

Yep, shut Holyrood then enjoy being even more short-changed and utterly shafted by the government like they are in England. Genius.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 09:25

I’ve never seen a front page of The National

Are those for real? Are there actually people stupid enough to believe any of that utter guff?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 09:55

Well, some folk read the Daily Mail. In my local supermarket it`s quite common to see the rack containing the National covered by a copy of the Daily Mail to make it look like the National isn`t available. It`s as if some folk don`t believe in freedom of expression.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net