DAFC.net
Home 18 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Tory leadership
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 9 Oct 15:49

Badenoch or Jenrick!

Hobson`s choice.

It seems that tactical voting by Cleverly supporters to keep Badenoch out was not so clever.

Post Edited (Wed 09 Oct 16:28)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Tory leadership
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 9 Oct 17:11

What a dearth of quality leaders there has been in UK (and possibly even World) politics in the last decade.

I am guessing it`s something to do with the type of people who used to enter politics being idealists who had a vision of doing some good for wider society, rather than the grubby schemers looking to see how they can exploit the system, that we see now.

Someone like Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, Christ even John Major would wipe the floor with these clowns, despite all their faults
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 9 Oct 17:24

Agreed. The politicians nowadays are absolutely terrible. Beyond terrible actually. It`s embarrassing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 9 Oct 17:43

Agree with RSP and Jake .. I liked Major although I`m not a Tory
The Tory candidates are an utter insult to the Tory Party .. but thats the best they have .. Where is Dodgy Dave when they need him ?

From Aunty :-

Labour`s party chair Ellie Reeves has reacted to the vote saying: "After months of gaffes, wild unfunded policies and infighting, Tory members now have the unenviable task of choosing between two of the architects of Tory failure."

She accuses both Kemi Badenoch and Robert Jenrick of being "central figures in 14 years of hapless leadership and decline".

Reeves adds the pair have have "already proven they’ve learned nothing from the mistakes that took the Conservative Party to its worst defeat in modern history".

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 9 Oct 18:17

Tory party members are probably more right wing than Tory MPs so the MPs have inadvertently given them a choice of the candidates that will appeal most to the members.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Thu 10 Oct 22:41

I’m not sure John Major would’ve lasted any longer than Liz Truss in today’s social media climate.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 13 Oct 21:49

Question Time is full of clowns on a weekly basis

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 14 Oct 00:36

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 13 Oct 21:49

Question Time is full of clowns on a weekly basis

Aye, including the presenter!🤔🤬
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net