DAFC.net
Home 20 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Seattle
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 3 Jul 07:44

Anybody been? Heading there on Sunday and looking for some recommendations for things to get up to.

Much obliged.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Seattle
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 3 Jul 08:35

Seattle is a great city. Plenty to see and do. A good starting place is a trip to the Pike Place Market, which is located on the waterfront close to the city centre. Nice vibe about the whole joint. Nearby, you can catch a ferry to get a bit of a feel for the beautiful scenery around the city and the Puget Sound. When I was there, I took a ferry to Bremerton and back; not expensive and quite an enjoyable way to occupy a few hours.

A visit to the Boeing factory at Everett is well worthwhile - it is said to be the biggest factory in the world - and the Museum of Flight is interesting too. If you are into music, then a trip to the Museum of Pop Culture is worthwhile - Seattle is the home of "Grunge", Nirvana and Jimi Hendrix, of course. Some good memorabilia to be seen. It is an odd-shaped building that looks like a melted guitar. I seem to remember being told that it was funded by one of the founders of Microsoft.

I don't know if it is the baseball season or not, but I quite enjoyed going to watch the Seattle Mariners in action. I didn't really understand what was going on, but it was good to experience a slice of American culture like that.

Seattle has lots of good pubs and restaurants and trams to get you around easily and cheaply. Plenty of positives Big T. The only negative for me was the prevalence of beggars on the city streets, but sadly that is a given these days.

You should enjoy yourself there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Tue 3 Jul 09:07

Brilliant place go do the space needle. Baseball is a great afternoon. The coffee is brilliant. If you are mobile take a spin up to bellingham marina and blaine on the border. The university quadrant is lively with good cheap food. Ballard is worth a visit too especially little norway. Some great architecture and the obligatory visit to a plethora of shops is worthwhile. Only dissapointment i had was a lack of muscle cars, loads of prius. If you mountain bike there is a brilliant funpark under the I-5 made by the locals but it is gnarly as with big drop ins and steep lethal bends. Best thing I can say about it is it doesn't feel like you are in America, very cosmopolitan with a european feel. If you like coffee with a twist, on the way to bellingham there is ' foxy lady coffee shack' which was an interesting bit of marketing. Also if you are an outdoors type you have to visit the REI store which is mecca for climbers/hikers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 3 Jul 10:21

I've been...loads of good resteraunt and check in a Sub Pop for gig guides 🤘

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Jul 10:36

Top class amigos. Cheers

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Tue 3 Jul 10:41

Seattle have a great rock scene history so you’ll enjoy it, T. You’ll ken that already though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Jul 11:23

Quote:

General Zod, Tue 3 Jul 10:41

Seattle have a great rock scene history so you’ll enjoy it, T. You’ll ken that already though.

🤘🤘

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Tue 3 Jul 13:41

You need a time machine that can go back 29 years.....

Never been but heard a lot of good things about Seattle. Hope you have a great time.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Tue 3 Jul 14:04

Cheers pal. Looking forward to it

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JoshPars4life  
Date:   Tue 3 Jul 14:10

Try the speciality tossed salad and scrambled eggs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bertiesback  
Date:   Wed 4 Jul 10:26

Go watch the Sounders
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Jul 15:10

They're not playing when I'm there unfortunately mate

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Chef  
Date:   Thu 5 Jul 16:02

I went for a couple of days when staying in vancouver. Great city! As already mentioned, space needle was good. Museum of flight was excellent. Pop culture museum was brilliant, loads of nirvana and hendrix stuff and plenty of instruments to have a go at in sound booths. Only regret was that i never had time to visit hendrix grave.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net