DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Booking a Cruise
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 14:02

I'm looking to book an Eastern Mediterranean cruise in Sept/Oct 2019, as a thank you to Mrs Riva for putting up with me for far too many years.

Is it best to book early, or should I hold off until Jan/Feb and maybe get a better deal? With holidays, I normally book early, but I have noticed that prices of flights sometimes come down nearer the time, perhaps because the airline has a lot of empty seats that it's obviously not going to sell at the higher price. I think this can apply to hotels too, though sometimes the one you had earmarked is sold out for the dates you want.

I've never been on a cruise, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Booking a Cruise
Topic Originator: daviepars1885  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 14:04

What do we get for putting up with you???
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 14:06

''What do we get for putting up with you???''

I'll slap yer ear, ya cheeky young pup!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 14:14

LOCH LOMOND BOAT HIRE – ROWING BOAT
Boat Hire is now available from Loch Lomond Leisure. Explore Loch Lomond at your own pace. Maximum seating 4 persons. Minimum age 3 years. Price from £25.

Price from £25 per boat
4 per boat
6 boats available
30 minutes or longer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 14:19

The only Cruise worth booking is Tom.He tends to rattle on a bit about Scientology and may jump on your couch.Other than that cracking fella.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 14:21

Penelope? 😂

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 14:25

^ Top Tip.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 14:31

Speak to Stuart He's been on some cruises

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 15:10

If it's a treat I'm guessing you're getting her a single cabin?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 15:36

Hang on. Im just about to put a cruise deal back on Squealadeal.
Maybe tonight ;)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 16:49

Quote:

ipswichpar, Tue 20 Nov 15:10

If it's a treat I'm guessing you're getting her a single cabin?

I didn't think we had so many great comedians on dotnet.....

I was right.😃

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 17:02

You actually get the best offers booking early, drinks package and flights included.
Speak to friends who have gone on cruises as they can vary greatly in terms of luxury.
My own recommendation would be celebrity, not the cheapest, but definitely worth the extra expense.
Hope you have a fabulous time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 17:20

Apologies GG....
As someone who has worked on ships/boats/tugs for 31 years now.... The idea of taking a holiday on one is not my cup of tea I'm sure you'll understand.
Hope you have a great time though.
Be nice to the purser on any cruise ship... The captain maybe thinks he's in charge... But it's the purser that really runs the ship and he can get you anything you need.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 22:38

GG - 'er indoors persuaded me to go on a Caribbean cruise 8 years ago, we've now done fifteen !!!

The Scottish Cruise Centre are very good -

https://www.scotlandscruisecentre.co.uk/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=brand&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_s7fBRDrARIsAGEvF8Qig58gPZ7N-Ks9NMdmK2hhA-LnwDhsjABCOipKWuHFGjUeq36Uen0aAlBLEALw_wcB

I would not agree about booking early - lots of good late deals.

Avoid the very big cruise ships, the medium and smaller ones are better IMO.

Cruise Critic is a good site to focus in on specific cruise lines and ask punters for specific advice.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/smart-deals/?taparam=ECCGoogleUS_K233858140_A21115644135_NS&&supai=69343609335&supsn=g&supmbl=&suppos=1t1&supap1=&supap2=&supdev=c&suprnd=4463632245828194680&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_s7fBRDrARIsAGEvF8TlcKjiMyqRzUm8fLGzwZBNhtxs0FvC_2c5kd1peaWZlHvn1ZRohfMaArRcEALw_wcB
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 23:22

Try to book a cabin with a balcony. Make sure your clothes are loose-fitting before you board as they will be tight when you leave.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Nov 06:35

Thanks for these links, VEE. The good news for fellow dotnutters is that they'll keep me off the forums for many hours......... :-)

They haven't half made a mess of this thread though, with them being so long. Everybody else's posts are in a narrow column on the right.... :-(

''Try to book a cabin with a balcony. Make sure your clothes are loose-fitting before you board as they will be tight when you leave.''

I hope these are just scare tactics, Oz. :-)

''Apologies GG....
As someone who has worked on ships/boats/tugs for 31 years now.... The idea of taking a holiday on one is not my cup of tea I'm sure you'll understand.
Hope you have a great time though.
Be nice to the purser on any cruise ship... The captain maybe thinks he's in charge... But it's the purser that really runs the ship and he can get you anything you need.''

No apology needed, widders old chap. I'm the opposite of you..... a proper landlubber. My first time on a boat was crossing the English Channel as a 7 year old on our way to Scotland in high summer (30th June.) It were a bit choppy, matey. Passengers were spewing everywhere. Luckily for me, I hadn't had anything to eat, but it was none too pleasant.......

Not had too many sea faring adventures since.........

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Wed 21 Nov 22:07

Book a cabin midships and low down , this will minimise the roll. Avoid cabins immediately under public decks and bars or restaurants as they tend to be. A bit noisier.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Wed 21 Nov 22:51

That was the advice we got when we went on a cruise.Thank god,or the guy in the travelshop,as we hit the tailend of a hurricane.We were tucked up in bed fine but others were sleeping on stairs as they were getting tossed out their beds.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net