DAFC.net
Home 20 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Anyone been to Taiwan?
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Tue 22 Jan 22:36

Looks like I will be going to Taiwan for a couple of weeks in March. Looking like we will be staying in Taichung. Anyone been? Any tips?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Anyone been to Taiwan?
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 22 Jan 22:49

Was in Taipei some years back on business. Don’t try and cross the roads. Full of mopeds and bikes.

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Tue 22 Jan 22:56

Had a flying visit there for business years ago so didn't see much more than the airport, hotel, office and factory!

Luckily the design office was opposite the Taipei 101 building which is impressive, standing looking up from ground level makes you feel dizzy. Inside plenty shopping and dining venues on the lower floors, had my first experience of the chef cooking fresh on the hotplate in front of you and throwing your food at you which was a good laugh.

Had another meal in a place that only served prawns cooked about a hundred different ways while you are sitting on child size stools and the tables had holes cut in them for the metal buckets to dispose of the prawn shells in. Only place I have been which served the beer over ice.

Seemed quite an interesting place which you should enjoy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Tue 22 Jan 22:58

Think we are flying in to Taipei. Never really fancied Asia but I suppose it will be a different experience living there on the company card for a couple of weeks.

Anything worth doing or visiting whilst there?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 23 Jan 00:06

Great place, the people are generally very friendly and these days many speak reasonable English. If you are staying in Taichung, try to get a bus trip up into the mountains which run down the centre of the island. The far south (beyond Kaohsiung) is a popular tourist area, though I can't remember the name of the main spot. Very beautiful part of the world.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net