DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bank Scam
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 28 Feb 16:36

Please be on your guard for any phone call purporting to be from your bank's fraud team. They sound very genuine and are just trying to get info out of you so they can access your account. They will ask if you've authorised a number of transactions and then reassure you they've managed to block them and no money has left your account, but they need to verify that you are the account holder and will send you a code to your mobile, which they will ask you to confirm to them. If you do that it will allow them to set up an online account and transfer funds out of it.

I have informed my bank's fraud dept and they're on the case, so it might chase them away, but just in case.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bank Scam
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 28 Feb 23:05

I frequently receive calls on my landline from folk with Indian accents purporting to be officials from various organisations, including banks of which I am not a customer.

Invariably, they introduce themselves with an obviously English name like Michael. I have developed a standard response to this.

"You are clearly from the Indian subcontinent. I first visited your part of the world 40 years ago and I have never come across someone with an English name such as yours. I think you have chosen to start this conversation with a lie and therefore, I am sorry but I cannot trust anything you say. Goodbye."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 28 Feb 23:39

Just answer the phone with "and you're through to radio Scotland... What's your point caller"
Trust me... It works

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 28 Feb 23:42

Haha! I like it, widtink.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 10:28

You're through to the environmental attributes office what sh*t do you have for us?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 10:51

I've had similar scam calls from "the bank" - I ask for the caller's name and department and advise that I will drop into the local branch to sort out the problem.

That cools their jets.

Post Edited (Fri 01 Mar 17:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 1 Mar 16:11

Hope you didn’t fall for it, GG?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net