DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Mayhem in the air
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Wed 29 May 15:49

Another incident of blootered eejits disrupting a flight, fourteen of them on an Edinburgh to Majorca aircraft.
Never witnessed this myself, probably because Menorca or Italy does not attract this type...
Anyway, is it only Brits that make fools of themselves like this? The thought of Italians or Spaniards being boozed up behaving badly is quite unthinkable for a start.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Mayhem in the air
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 29 May 16:13

Only brits. Everyone normally blames the English but is Scots are a shower of erseholes too. Imagine going on a holiday with your kids and the flight was diverted due to drunken bams. Think of the problems that would cause. Missed pick ups etc. You would be forgiven for wanting to smash people.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 29 May 17:13

It doesn't help when airport bars open at silly o'clock times in the morning to let punters get boozed up well before their flight leaves.

Then they can buy and possess more liquor at the so called "Duty Free" and consume it (against regulations) on the aircraft.

When I first visited the US the duty free purchased was held onboard and returned to passengers when leaving the plane. Not sure if that still apllies though.

Those guilty should be banned by all airlines from future travel.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Wed 29 May 17:40

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 29 May 17:13

It doesn't help when airport bars open at silly o'clock times in the morning to let punters get boozed up well before their flight leaves.

Then they can buy and possess more liquor at the so called "Duty Free" and consume it (against regulations) on the aircraft.

When I first visited the US the duty free purchased was held onboard and returned to passengers when leaving the plane. Not sure if that still apllies though.

The last few times I’ve visited the US, duty free is held until you board the plane. I thought it was just to stop folk getting tanked up in the departure lounge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 29 May 18:56

I don't understand the appeal of getting to the airport early in the morning and getting burst, the amount of folk I see posting pictures of a pint in the airport bar at yon time on Facebook, gies peace.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 29 May 20:56

You're on your holidays. Have a beer 🙌🙌
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Wed 29 May 22:12

Quote:

londonparsfan, Wed 29 May 20:56

You're on your holidays. Have a beer 🙌🙌

Aye...... *A* beer. Not 12 before you've even left the country!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 May 22:17

Spoil sport.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Wed 29 May 22:20

Quote:

londonparsfan, Wed 29 May 22:17

Spoil sport.

😃
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 May 22:49

Easy to control at airport bars - limit of two drinks per passenger using boarding passes.

Duty free (which it ain’t within EU) to be stored in hold during flight.

No booze served on early morning flights, which I believe is now the Jet2 policy.

Anybody who causes police involvement to be banned from travel outwith UK by having passport suspended for X years for first offence, for life for any repetition.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Wed 29 May 23:10

Scum being scum
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 May 23:37

I dont know why I should be limited to two beers. I've been drunk on the majority of flights I've ever taken and not caused anyone any bother ever.

Deal with the nuggets that are causing bother.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 30 May 00:58

Yup, if you can't walk or talk without slurring your words, no entry into the plane for you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Thu 30 May 15:22

Dear me, just read about a 47 year old businesswoman on a London to Cape Town flight who went to the galley and demanded a drink barely half an hour after takeoff, smashed glasses and crockery when told to sit down.
No just young men behaving badly!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 30 May 17:23

Not just Brits:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/travel/4305295/ryanair-passengers-filmed-chanting-racist-slurs-on-tense-and-violent-flight-to-majorca/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 May 18:50

"No just young men behaving badly!"

Was there not a hen party flying somewhere recently that ended up with police involvement on landing ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 May 19:59

Theres loads of them. Some steaming middle aged woman claiming to be a lawyer was causing bother in another case.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 31 May 07:37

"I dont know why I should be limited to two beers. I've been drunk on the majority of flights I've ever taken and not caused anyone any bother ever. "

To be fair, LPF, by all means have a few drinks, but don't compromise your safety, in case you need to get off the plane rapido :-)

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Fri 31 May 08:34

Coming back from holiday a couple of years ago a 'charming' Glaswegian company in my row, opposite, side of the aisle were actually necking their Duty Free on the plane as it was hammering along the runway and taking off.

Just before it got onto the runway they were offering me some out of it too.

Both wearing Rangers colours too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Fri 31 May 08:39

On a flight to Dalaman in Turkey I was on, one guy wouldn't sit down as we were a few minutes from landing despite being told to by staff. Nobody was allowed off until Turkish police arrived and hauled him away. His family were on the flight home but he wasn't!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Fri 31 May 09:04

Quote:

Captain Desmond Fancey, Fri 31 May 08:34

Both wearing Rangers colours too.

Bloody unionists eh ??

😁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 31 May 09:08

Good name for a metal band...
"mayhem in the air" 🤘🎸🎶

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 31 May 09:16

I've often wondered if people who drink too much before or during flights are maybe nervous fliers and that's their way of coping. It's no excuse of course.

Post Edited (Fri 31 May 09:52)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 May 09:40

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 31 May 07:37

"I dont know why I should be limited to two beers. I've been drunk on the majority of flights I've ever taken and not caused anyone any bother ever. "

To be fair, LPF, by all means have a few drinks, but don't compromise your safety, in case you need to get off the plane rapido :-)

Fair point! Although I do like a bevvy when I say I'm drunk it's not falling down / legs not working levels of steam boats I'm hitting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 31 May 11:19

Must say I'm quite shocked lpf. I would never of had you down as some lager swilling loud mouth airplane lout. Union Jack Bermuda shorts with burberry polo shirt. Yep I can picture you now.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 31 May 11:22

<<Good name for a metal band... "mayhem in the air" 🤘🎸🎶>>

Aye, good call, Widdy. I was thinking more along the lines of that great hit from Thunderclap Newman...

Call out the instigator, 'cause there's mayhem in the air
We'd better get together sooner or later
'Cause the revolution's here
And you know it's right...

DUM DUM, DEE DUM, DUM DUM, DUM DUM...

:)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 May 11:23

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 31 May 11:19

Must say I'm quite shocked lpf. I would never of had you down as some lager swilling loud mouth airplane lout. Union Jack Bermuda shorts with burberry polo shirt. Yep I can picture you now.

I thought with the amount of ***** I slaver on here it would have been a give away!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 May 11:32

"Coming back from holiday a couple of years ago a 'charming' Glaswegian company in my row, opposite, side of the aisle were actually necking their Duty Free on the plane as it was hammering along the runway and taking off."

Access to the duty free onboard the aircraft is clearly a major problem and needs to be controlled.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17667192.fourteen-drunk-passengers-face-fines-after-mayhem-on-edinburgh-to-majorca-flight/

Also, Jet2 (last I heard) won't serve alcohol before 8am - looks like that is too early perhaps ?

https://www.jet2.com/News/Jet2_com_Leads_Travel_Industry_by_Banning_Early_Morning_Sale_of_Alcohol/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 31 May 11:53

I don't like to make too many comparisons with Australia, for if you have ever been to Bali or Pattaya you will know that the Aussies on hols are every bit as shocking as the Scots at play, but we seem to have much tougher laws at our airports in terms of drinking.

On many occasions over the past 30 years, I've been waiting for breakfast time or morning flights out of Edinburgh and Glasgow for connections to Heathrow, Amsterdam or Dubai to take me back to Oz and I have been quite shocked by the level of "blooteredness" to be found in the bar

You couldn't get away with that in Melbourne or Sydney or Brisbane airports. You would soon be given your jotters or worse, manhandled away to a black maria.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Fri 31 May 13:36

I've been on the 6am, Friday morning flight out of Edinburgh to AMS a few times recently and the number of stag and hen parties hitting it hard at 5am blew my mind

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 May 14:48

Go hard or go home.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 31 May 17:44

Quote:

londonparsfan, Fri 31 May 11:23

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 31 May 11:19

I thought with the amount of ***** I slaver on here it would have been a give away!

I knew it, I had you sussed from the beginning. Call it psittacine intuition! 🍾🥂🤪😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 10:21

Not going to lie I did just have to Google psittacine! Can't be aiming words like that at a drunk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG741  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 04:08

I think I've seen all of the bad behaviours over the years, and as others have said I thought it was becoming tougher to misbehave (and still get on your flight).

I witnessed a passenger stopped from progressing through airport security as she had liquid in a bottle. After a discussion of sorts, she just drank the best part of a litre of vodka, handed the bottle to security, and was allowed through. Not sure if she made her flight though.

On another occasion, departing Edinburgh, and a lady of a certain age in front of me at security appeared a little confused; perhaps it was her first flight. When the security officer asked "Do you have a drink?", she replied in a hushed voice "A little too early for me but thanks all the same".
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jun 12:15

Weren’t a couple of pilots identified as being under the influence before taking off from Glasgow last year - separate flights as well ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 20:25

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/appalling-drunken-stag-party-who-caused-havoc-on-plane-and-caused-flight-to-be-diverted-are-jailed-114647224.html
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 6 Jun 03:05

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 29 May 17:13

Nothing to do with the opening hours of airport bars .
I travel overseas for last 30 yrs average 8 flights a year and travel requires 24/7 .
Its the people who abuse the system that are the problem .
Binge drinking as soon as they hit the airport bar .
These people are going to sooil it for the majority of travellers .
Simple solution is when boarding they must be fit to travel if drunk or under the influence with cause for concern refuse them to board .
I remember working offshore many moons ago and they had this type of check in place .
When something like this is in place and people have a risk of being refused to board the plane they will come to their sences or face the consequences .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 6 Jun 05:55

Fly close to 100 times per year and the flights where behaviour is at its worst is always on the “so called” low cost carriers. It doesn’t happen that often and incidents that are raised in the media in comparison to the number of flights are not that high, but when it occurs, it is dangerous and these guys should be thrown in jail and fined the costs associated with passenger costs and flight costs.
I have felt a tangible difference between the low cost carriers and other carriers as the Friday night flight home with the oil workers used to be enjoyable, when they had been drinking, as they had respect and brought a good natured ambience to the plane.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 6 Jun 20:07

Should be a zero tolerance policy to alcohol related disruption in the air. Once it’s well known and accepted that they will wind up in the pokey there will be a reduction especial since there is no escape so they can’t slip the polis.

Pretty sure when smoking was banned on planes and folk tried smoking in the bathroom an understanding of the consequences led to that behaviour dying out

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net